Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply GIG: Sharp Dressed Man

Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos

A long sigh parted Amea’s lips at the kid’s breakdown. She knelt down by the body and went over his pockets before she shook her head. It wasn’t on his body. The datachip was somewhere in the room and Sylvia was in no place to help her right now. Utilizing the force, Amea tracked the signatures until she settled on a nearby end table. There was no datachip, but a personal device had certainly been stored there.

She pocketed the device and finally approached the kid, knee planted to the ground as she kneeled down to even the height. Just a little.

“He is dead. You did this.” She began, hand placed on Sylvia’s shoulder. “I won’t pretend to understand what you feel in this moment. It was either him or it was you, and the reality is that if you hadn’t done what you just did, that would be you lying dead on the ground instead.”

The hand swept from her shoulder to rest against Amea’s knee.

“So either let this swallow you up, dwell in sorrow and remorse…” She stood up. “Or swallow the hard pill you just fed yourself. Pick up the pieces and put them back together. You can learn from this if you let it.”

A hand was extended for Sylvia to grab if she so desired.

You chose to become a mercenary. This is a far bigger part of that life than you seem to be able to deal with.” Her eyebrow rose to question just exactly why Sylvia was even here. “And if you can't, then maybe you should seek out the Jedi Order instead.”

Sylvia had been waiting for something to happen, but time passed with nothing changing. Blood still leaked from the man's head, she herself still sat on the floor and Amea was looking for her datachip. The world simply kept on moving along. As muscles slowly untensed, she realized this truly wasn't any different from the many times she had witnessed the same thing at the academy. The only difference was that Sylvia was involved this time. Air filled her lungs with a deep breath.

By the time Amea had placed the hand on her shoulder, Sylvia had snapped out of the shock. As the adrenaline faded out, the pain in her ribs came back in, making the breath out a painful endeavor. She heard the words coming out of Amea's mouth, but in truth she had barely listened to it until the other woman got back to her feet.

She hadn't wanted this to happen and most certainly didn't like it, but life sucked. When someone pulled a gun chances were this was going to be the outcome.

"I'm fine." Mentally. Physically, Sylvia was clearly in a lot of pain. She took the hand and got to her feet with a groan, her right arm immediately covering her ribs. "It's just... a first. Still learning." There were many things she still had to get used to. That was a big one.

"And the Jedi can kark right off," she added off-handedly. "Wolves in sheep's clothing." There were no good guys as far as Sylvia was concerned. Those who claimed to be were liars.

"I hope this chit was worth the effort, at least."

Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos

The Jedi line got a good chuckle out of Amea and a, “Riiiight…”

If this merc put her trust in a Sith over a Jedi that was her choice. Differences of opinions were no different in this line of work than it was anywhere else, Amea supposed. As far as stabbings went though, she still favored the ones that at least acted civil as opposed to being upfront about their desire to stab you in the back.

“Barely.” Amea said and held up the datachip before she pocketed it herself. A paystick was rendered unto Sylvia who upon closer inspection would find that the sum was far lower than what had been agreed upon. Half for half was still more than fair given the events that had just transpired. Before she had the chance to complain, Amea was already underway with her explanation. There was a distinct lack of care in how she spoke. Detached, very much not someone who considered Sylvia more than a tool at the end of the day.

“The man is dead, and while I didn’t exactly expect you to sleep with him I had at the very least expected you to incapacitate him. I gave you a job, and you did half of it — with my intervention.”

“The remaining half of this job will go into cleaning up this mess. Anything after that will go into recuperating my own losses.”
Amea threw another glance over her shoulder at the mercenary. “As for the equipment, I figured you’ve earned them.”

The elevator dinged open and Amea paused before she stepped in.

“Welcome to the show,” Her lips split into a teasing grin. “Killer.”

The doors closed and Amea disappeared with a rapid descent into the masses below. The mission was well and truly over. All that remained was for Sylvia to do the same as Amea; make like a tree and get out of there.

The explanation meant just about nothing to Sylvia. After getting a gun pulled on her and getting through the brawl that ensued, there was little else she could've done as far she was concerned. She felt demeaned, nothing she wasn't familiar with but insulting nonetheless. Unfortunately, the circumstances meant there was little that could be done about the pay cut. It wasn't the first time payment got complicated but this time, Sylvia could do little else but be frustrated with the entire sequence of events.

"Right. First it was me or him, now you expected me to knock him out. Sure thing, bud." As far as Sylvia could tell, it was just an excuse to screw her on payment. That's what happened with people new to the game, she supposed. It made the final remark from Amea all the more infuriating. Quite frankly, she hoped the woman choked on that datachip.

"Piss off," Sylvia sneered as she watched the elevator close before her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom