Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting to Know You

beautiful-mountains-lake.jpg
So much of Nimue's life finally felt like it was going right. Things were starting to take a more appropriate turn for the better. The war that had plagued her planet was at an end. Her planet and Empire of Effekt began to make more and more outer connections with newer allies and strengthen both herself and her kingdom's power. A great task that she had beset for herself was accomplished and currently growing to become something greater, soon enough to return to the birthright so bestowed upon in. And in the end Nimue had finally started to find herself in love again. A genuine love that she had thought never possible. That with the strong Sith Knight and blade master [member="Asterion"] , whom she'd saved from his own great despression and showed how much her compassion and want for him was. And in the end he was here, with her, On Effekt.
It had been a few days since they'd returned, and since they Empress Nimue had made it clear that Asterion was here to stay as both a protector and would soon take place as an adviser and chief general. This was part of her moves into integrating Effekt with the rest of the galaxy. Many of course had taken light to this new plan, especially with the last of the extreme traditionalists dealt with by the end of the civil war. Some had their doubts of course but had said nothing. The will of their Empress was not one to be ignored or questioned without a consequence.
But that would wait. For today Nimue wished to spend more time with Asterion, somewhere nice and tranquil for a little time for themselves. A spot had been picked and now it was just a matter of having an entire feast assembled to be brought with them. Once it was and everything had been readied a carriage sat outside the palace awaiting them. Nimue herself was almost ready, only wearing a simple green dress and her usual fur cape for the chilly whether. No crown or the like needed for today; though she did bring her lightsaber in case.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
For Asterion, self-proclaimed Minotaur and wild beast born of the Dark Side, being in a grand palace as the companion of an Empress was really taking him out of his depth. Less than a week ago he was in hiding on another winter in the Sith Order bunker on Teth, ready to simply live out the last few days of his life until death came. Then Nimue had arrived, the only person to come looking for him, and she had saved him.

Time seemed to pass quickly, from being by her side on a tour of the palace, to soaking his aches away in a large bath and now heeding her request to join her on a trip out of the grounds. No-one else, just them. He would stay by her side and build himself back up and help her anyway he could, that much he owed to her. Should she tire of him before he could reach purpose...well, he didn't want to think about that, but he expected it. He had to, to avoid more heartache.

Not having been able to select clothing that suited him, he stayed in his black robes. No armour, that was on Teth - here it was just his combat trousers and tunic from the Sith Order. One more thing that, in time, he would have to discard to move on and away from that piece of his past. His future for now lay with the muted Primeval group who Nimue was working with, and she herself was an attraction to him. Tying the cloth belt, much like an ancient robe, Asterion made his way down and out of the palace, across the courtyard to the waiting carriage.

It was just like he could have expected from the stories of royals - and now he was in company of one. He acknowledged the guards with a solemn nod of the head, not wanting to appear out of sorts or embarrass Nimue, who he was taken aback by as he stepped inside. She was radiant; a real woman who looked more alluring and naturally pretty with each passing day.

"Am I allowed to say how beautiful you are and not feel like a smitten fool yet?"

He gave a wry smile and sat down beside her, letting the guard close them in as he shifted in his seat beside her.

[member="Nimue Stormson"]

With his comment Nimue smirked before saying "If anyone calls you a 'smitten fool' for it, they'll answer to me." Once the door was closed she called "Alright, Angus." indicating for the driver to hurry off.
The six-legged horse species of Effekt, the Selpin, were among the fastest species on the galaxy. Only one was needed for the carriage yet it moved so quick it would almost seem like almost no time had gone by at all. But perhaps that was just Nimue enjoying the company of [member="Asterion"] too much to care. She only nestled against his shoulder while telling him they were going to a "special spot" to enjoy their time. She kept it secret though even as they went farther and farther away from the capitol, even rounding the pathway of one of the mountains in the process. Often she would give him a small kiss on the cheek, both to keep him happy while also confirming for herself that he was still there and this wasn't some dream she would have the cruelty to wake up from.
Eventually they arrived. A large open field with a few distant hills. A small lake was nearby, reflecting everything that could be seen around it. From the green fields, the patches of wild flowers, to the large mountains in the distance. The carriage came close enough to the lake but stopped, given them room to set foot and enjoy the sight. Nimue of course felt more excited, having not been here in some time. She stepped out and needed to take a long breath in to relive this glorious and beautiful place.

Stephanie Swail

Stepping out after a peaceful and relaxing ride, Asterion slowed his steps and whistled to himself at the sight. On the edge of what looked like a large lake, they were on the cusp of what felt like the edge of Effekt, but surrounded by a tranquil mountain range, they were safe and secure from everything else.

Walking slowly forward, he was speechless at what treasures the planet constantly threw at him, and this was stunning. Much rather he could have found this place to hide away than Teth.

"Well this is rather amazing," he said.

He stopped beside Nimue, teasing her fingers with his by his side, wanting to hold her but...somehow not doing. The mental blocks in his head were still there, just.

"I could retire here right now."

As his hands teased at her side while commenting o how lovely everything looked NImue's hand went and wrapped around his. She could feel his mind was still troubled but said nothing. She knew he needed time and hopefully this outing would be enough to help. She looked out again and enjoyed the serene feel, leaning against him with her head on his shoulders while quickly looking at their reflection in the lake. A perfect picture. Almost.
"It's one of the ore secure places on Effekt." Nimue explained as she took [member="Asterion"] by the hand and lead him towards a spot where the large container of food and drink awaited. "The former emperor had expelled any and all dwergi from here. Originally it was to be his summer home location, but other plans had interceded." She sat down, a blanket spread out enough, before indicating for hi to join and asking "Drink?"

Stephanie Swail

Bristling at her touch, Asterion simply followed and walked with her and looked around. He let her lead to the blanket and generous helping of food and drink, something that overwhelmed him after going so long on basic meat and vegetation over the past.

"Thank you," he smiled, sitting down and resting his arm on his leg.

Watching her pour the drink, it looked more refreshing than the first drink he had in the palace days before. Maybe it was the surroundings and the fact this was feeling more real than a dream. He took the glass, raised it and winced at the sun breaking over the mountains and toasted her good health.

The drink was flavoursome and cool. He smacked his lips and looked around as the breeze whipped the loose strands of hair on his head.

"I've felt you touching my mind, and it's nice to see you're comfortable with the Force, but just give me a little time to find myself. I know you're hearing the same thing, but I'll seek out the Primeval and hopefully see if they can offer me something. That way I'll feel I can actually be someone again, and someone for you too. I've never been this close to anyone before, not without pain and deception being part of it. "

He didn't take his eyes off hers, he wanted to be honest - that's all he ever was. Even as a Sith, he was honest and forward, never deceptive and calculating.

After poring one for [member="Asterion"] Nimue had made a glass for herself before sipping it. As she did she looked as he told her he knew she'd been looking into his mind. She felt a bit ashamed but still listened without taking her eyes off of him. At least he wasn't angry with her. And she didn't mean it to seem like she was prying, just concerned. Given how hard he was it was obvious why Nimue would want to make sure Asterion wasn't the type to try and find death wherever he could. If anything she just wanted him to be as happy as she was, which hopefully would work with her being there as a comforting hand.
"You have nothing to prove to me." she said sincerely. "I keep telling you, I know who you really are. That's the person I knew long ago and that's who I see before me. I can understand needing to prove yourself, but you don't have to with me." Her hand crawled over to hold his on the ground while saying "I like you just the way you are."

Stephanie Swail

Gently squeezing her hand, Asterion nodded and looked back out to the waters, losing himself in the picture postcard planet.

"So tell me, what do you have in mind going forward for your rule of this place? No signs of trouble or uprising are there? "

He looked down and took some small purple fruit in his hand and started eating it slowly, still savouring flavour and texture of the things once taken for granted.

"Not after all the traditionalists have been dealt with." she said, looking away with a sigh. "You should have been there when they all pleaded what they were doing was right." Shaking her head she added "It was all because they were afraid of change. They didn't want Effekt to become some 'unnatural' place that would allow outsiders on it. They always feared what could come from the sky." She seemed all the more taken back as she went on and said "It's always been like that. Everyone trying to keep control of a world without realizing you can keep things the way they are forever. Eventually someone, or someones, going to make that change whether they like it or not. But even then they fail to understand. Just like...." she shied away from finishing the sentence.
[member="Asterion"]​

Stephanie Swail

Listening intently, he tried to look at her as she stopped mid-sentence.

"Like what?"

If there was anyone who could understand being afraid of change, it was him right now, but she obviously had things to rationalise and talk about who wasn’t involved in the politics of it.

At first Nimue was hesitant to answer, knowing it would open a door she hadn't in the longest time, but seeing as [member="Asterion"] was someone she wanted to show she could trust she supposed that telling him would help. After all he had skeletons in his closet as well, though possibly not as dark as hers. Finally, with a sigh, she finished with "My family." She was quiet for a moment before sipping her cup again and continuing with "I wasn't born into some noble family of the like. At least not a more common one. I married and swindled my way into this position, Asterion. All because my family wanted me to attain an old glory that rightfully belonged to them. My original name before marrying the late Emperor was Borish. Nimue Borish, of the long thought dead House of Borish."

Stephanie Swail

Looking out over the water at her admission, he glanced to her and sipped his drink, nodding his head to her slightly.

"You did what you had to do to make something of yourself. Look at you now – you command armies, rule an entire planet – I mean, what sins you think you’ve done in the past, you’ve surely made up for now with the good you do. You live as the Empress now. You are the Empress. And not everyone can do that?"

He sat his cup down gently and let the liquid ripple as he swilled it gently.

"I don’t know why you feel that’s a bad thing, or a dishonest thing, Nimue. I think it’s amazing. I couldn’t have done it. Well, I tried, sort of, with the Sith Order but it fell flat."

She really was a vision, sat with the backdrop of her planet behind her, and he was falling for her with each passing moment. This still troubled him, but he was starting to relish the thought of having someone by his side.

Even as he praised her she shook her head, saying "You don't know what I did to get where I am." She glanced back to meet his eyes before saying "You don't know what my family was like before..." She stopped herself again before sighing, finishing the last of her drink in one grand gulp. She needed it. "Before we knew it as the Force the Borish family was one of the few who knew magic. And before my time as Empress magic was always something to be feared by the people. Too dangerous. Not meant for mortals. And that was why when the Stormborn Empire began to rise in power ours was the first to go. They didn't want any sort of 'competition'. For generations the Borish family held a grudge with the Empire and vowed to get revenge. They went underground and became something of a crime family. They were working to find the best means of taking the Empire for themselves. And they found it...through me."
Nimue went all the more silent and reluctant again before continuing her story. She basically braced herself and readied [member="Asterion"] for what she would tell next. "I went under the guise of a handmaiden for the original Empress and began to seduce Victor Sotmrson, the former Emperor. That was wen I was supposed to slowly poison her while eventually taking her place. It wasn't until I began to see Victor for the real man he was behind the throne and the power that I began to fall in love. But now my plans had changed. The Empress found out what I was doing and tried to kill me....instead she killed herself and nearly took Victor as well. He was burned and forced to stay in seclusion. But I still married and loved him all the same. And when my family found out....they tried to have me killed. Along with....with my child..." Tears began to form on her eyes.

Stephanie Swail

Bringing up his leg in an arch, Asterion fed small oval fruits into his mouth and rested his arm on the knee as he listened to her story. It didn’t shock him; it was nothing less than what he’d expect in a galaxy fuelled by conflict. While the Force was a great tool and weapon, it was also danger and a cancer to those who didn’t understand it and those who wielded it were also a danger.

He slowly ate, fascinated by an Empress he thought was clear cut on the surface but was becoming something fragile and under so much stress.

And she mentioned a child. Asterion knew nothing of family, but he was once a child who knew his parents didn’t want him, and he was left to die on Korriban. This would be advice he’d find it hard to give.

"Listen, you said they tried to kill you – that means they didn’t. Don’t let the past haunt you and hold you back as I have. And you didn’t tell me you had a child. I’m sure they are as spirited as their mother. You survived, that’s all that matters."

He didn’t want to pry, but sensitivity wasn’t his strongest area as he never had need for it.

"Where’s the father? Does he not help you, or is it complicated."

She'd taken the fruit from him but only looked down at it with a hollow stare. Even though it was a matter of her not being dead, it didn't change the outcome that she neglected to tell him. When he asked about the father and the child she answered "They're together now..." Looking up to the sky. After that, giving [member="Asterion"] time to figure what she meant, she continued her story with "After the fall of the original power the Borish had become more paranoid in wanting to keep power. So they felt the best way to preserver it was to...marry one another." Another moment for him to let it sink in. "I am a product of incest, as my own brother was. And after I took the throne he was to be crowned the new emperor. But like I said, everything changed. My child wasn't his. It was Victor's. And when y family found out they called me a traitor had tried to have me killed."
More tears in her eyes as she added "They poisoned me. The healers were lucky to save me in time....but they couldn't save the child." One hand went down and rubbed her stomach. "And soon after they sent an assassin to try and kill me, only for Victor to get in the way. He was killed....and all the power was left to me. And as My first act I had my family burned for being traitors to the throne." a more harsh tone in her voice. "The line of Borish ended that day....now and forever gone. Only Stormson's will keep this throne."

Stephanie Swail

Asterion looked at her with intense, dark eyes, listening to each word and taking in each movement of her face. Her Force aura was strong, full of emotion that sparked form her like a burning ember. It was also, however, solemn and frail. He closed his eyes for a second as he understood what fate had come her way regarding the family, cursing himself for even asking.

He moved and knelt behind her, placing his hands on her shoulders and acting as a rock behind her to rest on.

"The throne is yours. The future is what you make it now, Nimue. I’ll help you find what you need anyway I can. This Primeval, I’ll go see them soon and establish myself and then we can fully establish you and the power you control of Effekt. I won’t let anyone hurt you, and god forsake them if they should try."

Holding her shoulders gently, he rested his chin on her dark hair atop her head and felt the distaste burning inside him for those who would harm her for simply being nothing but what she was born to be. He connected with that thought more than any others.

As he spoke she made a little more of a smile on her face. Her hands reached up to touch his as he vowed to never let anyone hurt her. It helped a lot for the Empress, now feeling all the more secure with him around. "You've helped more than you know. And I already where my future is." As she said this it seemed as though she was hinting at something without fully realizing. When she did she turned and added "With you, [member="Asterion"] ." She then reached up and brought him in for another kiss. It seemed every time they embraced she felt all the more closer with him. "And try not to worry about the Primeval too much. Just let Anja know I speak for you. She will understand all the better."

Stephanie Swail

The kiss was soft, but full of passion, both lips locking together and their tongues teasing the other. He swept her dark hair back over her neck and licked his bottom lip slowly.

"I’ll head to Bastion first thing tomorrow and make contact, if I could use one of your transports at least it will signify my connection to Effekt."

He looked upon her, a sly smile crossing her lips.

"You never told me why you came to find me on Teth, although I am glad you did, but we didn’t exactly leave on a positive note and I’m surprised you had me on your mind."

Leaning in, he gently nuzzled her neck, hands resting on her lower back and breathing in her scent.

"Of course." she said, in reference to his need for one of her ships. After that when he mentioned her finding him on Teth she smiled and said "I suppose the reason is pretty clear now, don't you think?" She reached up and touched his face again before jokingly saying "You needed a shave. Badly." After that she chuckled a bit, knowing they both knew the real reason why.
[member="Asterion"]​

Stephanie Swail

Rolling his eyes and looking away, he smirked and nudged her with his shoulder.

"You loved it really, you missed that wild side of the Minotaur. Although I have to admit that was taking it a little far even for me."

He reached down for some food, a cube of what looked like pale cheese, and popped it in his mouth, gurning slightly at the taste. It was strong, and tougher than expected to chew on.

"Agh – what was that…?"

Shaking it off, he sat back down, looking up at her in the low light, holding her hand

"Anything you want to know about me seeing as it feels we’re getting out our skeletons from the closet?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom