Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting to know the new home

Kyle lets out a tired sigh as he tosses his pack onto his bunk. He didnt know what he was supposed to expect when he arrived at the Academy. The rooms were rather lack luster. At least it would make improving the accommodations easier. Maybe tossing in a droid sculpture or some basic art work might liven up the bland space. His mind already thinking of how he could improve it as a padawan it appeared he might have to share the room as he noticed a few other bunks in the room. They would probably appreciate some additions. Heading to his pack he undoes the mask which he left dangling around her neck. This planet's air was clean after all and so the mask wasnt going to be of any use to him now. It was strange to have nostalgia for such an ugly world but looking at the mask he remembered his birthday when his father gave it to him so that he could go onto the surface.

That line of thinking stirred up more memories as he took off the upper part of the outfit and set it into his pack as well. He remembered the way the dust filled wind had pushed his jacket. How the air even when filtered tasted like metal and for how horrible the planet had been it had still been home. WIth the mask and goggles packed he works on taking off the heavy jacket as well and tucking it into the pack as well. Recalling the junk filled landscapes of course led to the memories of his accident. He winced in pain feeling a sharp shooting jab in his shoulder and puts his left hand on it rubbing the cold metal as if he could sooth it. Phantom limb they called it, the experience of losing his arm had been agony. It had not been cut off rather it had been torn the metal only digging in enough to get hold before physics had just ripped through the flesh muscle and bone and took his arm from him. He gives his head a rough shake stuffing his jacket into the pack. Remembering the incident brought the memory of pain with it and the phantom limb back. He needed to distract himself, to talk to someone or something to work on either or at this point.

The corridors were quiet behind the tall glass, shielding the interiors from the planet's usual civilians flying their vehicles around, creating new but minimal poisons for the recyclers to stress about. Soft tapping came from a form, slowly shimmering from the shadows as if they were being drawn back to the area they came from, the outside travel center. Being left small instructions to get comfortable in the bunkers with other people, Kurloi evidently wasn't the most comfortable. With each step, each clap of her leather opened toed toes through the metallic floors left the young girl with a little more sense of fear to include with the new unfamiliar light lit surroundings, the strange architecture from even the ships... She let out a breathy sigh as the doors automatically slid to the side, leading to the bunks she was given clear instructions to.

A short little human, by the first glance. Anyone who wanted to look further would find that they were right. With pale skin, freshly delivered to the unfamiliar light of Coruscant, and strange light clothing, as if they've never heard of tanned. She only glanced at the person in there already, moving to the far-most corner of the room to put her extra set of clothes, along with a single book with a black leather cover and spine, and a single eye-patch, matching the one she already had on. The strings connecting to it traveled deep into the depths of her dark and light grey hair, disappearing until it wrapped back around, keeping it held it place. After sitting on the cushion of the bed, the little young girl picked up her book from the top of the stack and opened it, slowly flipping through the ancient pages to find where she left off. Swinging her pale skinny legs to the small ground beneath her, Kurloi's mind drifted into the depths of another artist's literature illustration, there making peace.

Being left alone with his thoughts was an unpleasant little adventure for Kenshin he didn't handle stagnation well he needed to be moving talking or better yet working on something. He thought about heading to a workshop or maybe the hanger, if he could get elbow deep in some project he would forget all about his arm. Being so wrapped up he almost didnt hear the door open and more then that apparently his bunkmate was a quiet one as she didn't say a word and instead went right to an unclaimed bunk and sat down. He took a moment or two to study her breaking down like he would any other new curiosity. His eyes taking note that she traveled light, not unlike himself. He glanced at the book which was as much as a object of study as she. He loved tech and to think someone would choose to handle a book with pages rather then a digital medium was different. Still different wasn't always a bad thing and more importantly it was someone to talk to.

He casually walks towards her before setting himself down across from her looking at the cover of the book then looking up at her eye patch. "You know, I could build you a replacement eye" he says bluntly breaking the silence that had been hanging in the room like an nasty little cloud. "Or an eyepatch that doesnt need to be connected by a little string" he offers trying to reach a compromise without actually waiting for her to finish. "Well actually depends on the damge of the eye I guess" he mumbles already getting ahead of himself. "Would have to consider connecting it to the optical nerve...and of course once you get to the stuff in the brain it gets a bit tricky" he mumbles bringing his right hand to his chin thinking as he looks at her with his bright blue eyes studying her. "If its still there though, it could be more of a tune up job rather then a full blown replacment...would be simpler" he continues talking more to himself now

As would probably be expected from the sudden and interrupting rambling from the boy, Kurloi grew strangely away, slowly backing onto the bed so her feet weren't near him more than they had to be. She continued to open her mouth as to say something, but always got interrupted by more of his thoughts, his quick mouth ever rambling. From where she was from, it was a surprise he didn't offer to play, or to cry. The orphanage was a terrible place on some planets, even this one, if a person wasn't a part of the Force Sensitive groups. At long last when Kyle finally closed his mouth for more than two seconds, she spoke in a barely audible tone.

"Wh-while I do appreciate your surpassing invitation to replace my... eye... I-I'm afraid I'll have to decline... I'm perfectly fine with the one I have, and the additional properties it leads to me take into possession." The book slowly closed as she finished, an untitled but extremely big work of literature written in the Basic Language, though she could take onto reading more than ten languages simultaneously, more if she truly put her mind to the laboring work. Adjusting in an awkward uninviting manner to her roommate, she rested the leather cover on her crossed legs, looking down blankly to it with her only good eye, which shone whenever she looked to a person, as a dull lifeless color, glassy in an unhealthy manner.

The change of atmosphere had caused a headache for her, and further more the new un-seasoned air full of greenery and the natural few vegetables she had the joy of taking care of in the garden of her previous home. To add onto the mental stress of her situation, half the words blurting out like a rushing wind from Kyle's mouth wouldn't comprehend until she looked away from her book in his mid-starting of conversation.

Kyle was not a moron, far from it actually so he easily picked up that she had no desire to speak to him. While not stupid he also didnt want to take the hint. Instead he decided to tone back his speaking slowing it down needing to gather his thoughts. "I suppose thats fine, replacement's can be tricky and to be honest I've never done an optic replacement before" he admits leaning back some as well to give her space hoping that maybe that would help her adapt. "You dont seem like the social type" he points out with the simple fact. "Not that there is anything wrong with solitude but I always got the feeling that the Jedi were engaged with the galaxy making introversion a tricky trait to have" he offers at an attempt at a bad joke to try and lighten the mood some.

Then he digs into his pocket pulling out a data pad and pulling it activates the holographic system and holds it up enough to get a view of her face through the screen. "So no replacements....but that eye patch could be so much better" he says circling it through the screen so it would be highlighted then starts to doodle designs on the data pad. "Not sure which of the paths you're going to try for. But needs something more stable then string" he mumbles and then finally his brain catches up to his mouth. "Oh! My name is Kyle by the way. Whats yours?"

A small irritable mood slowly clouded over Kurloi's mind, but she didn't yet take much action, simply sitting and glancing up every few moments he would say something. A boy of a lot of words, and a lot of actions. She began to ponder really why he was being so nice and energetic. It was just like another orphanage home, except, this one taught you to control yourself and play with plasma swords. She shrugged quietly to his question, playing it off though the idea of someone else laying their hands on her rightful eye-patch seemed like torture. "I-I'm Kurloi... A-again I really get that you want to be nice and all, but I don't appreciate it right now."

Again with the headaches, drilling a dull hole in her mind as it clouded with a mix of angry and sad emotions being drawn out by the conversation. Despite the fresh air and the pleasant smells that drifted the building, the girl still preferred her own perfume of vegetables and old pieces of paper bonded into a cover of sorts. Despite the new life, and the new openings in store for Kurloi, she felt a small prodding sadness, almost guilt for leaving her home planet.

He glances up smiling when she shares her name but his own smile fades when adds that she didnt appreciate the conversation. It was becoming difficult for him to keep it up when all she wad doing was rejecting his attempts at being friendly. Unsure what to do he decided to try a new tactic and hopefully one that wouldn't back fire on him. He looked at her closely still and attempted to reach out to her with his gift. It was a flimsy attempt at best as he had not yet mastered or even had a lot of success trying this on a person. When applying this gift to a machine all of its inner workings were relieved to him and part of him hoped that maybe it would help him understand her.

As his power made contact he got the same sensation, that headache in his head and his mind instantly started to recall some painful memories of his own. The way his mother screamed at him while he was laying on the hospital bed with his arm missing. Walking with a cane for so months because his balance had been thrown out by the lose and the teasing it earned him. How his family was forced to go to single meals a day so that they could afford his replacement. So many negative emotions he quickly pulled back both physically and mentally as he rubs his face trying to clear the thoughts from his mind. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asks gently now feeling like he just violated her privacy.

Her natural gift, a one like the opposing roommate took a course of action as soon as The Force began to prod into her mind, creating a shield she didn't even know she could use to lock in the draw of negative emotions and memories. For her, they just suddenly popped into her mind out of the blue, sending sheering long and agonizing memories to taunt her again over the years. It was so clear, her mother laying on the warm dirt floor of their home, stew spilled to the side of the non-moving body. She remembered first seeing her, walking with a deadpan expression before she realized she couldn't feel her as she always did, so full of stress, so full of pain. Kurloi's face twisted into a pained sad expression as she slowly whispered her mother's name, dropping the book onto the fallen meal to cry over her mother. The same book she took with her...

Kurloi quickly shook her head from her own memories, and Kyle's reaction to his own, unsure what caused them both to spark. Probably a coincidence. That was the best logic to these types of things to keep away from searching, keep away from getting into other people's problems. Blinking away tears from her eye she adjusted on the bed, feeling a lump form in her throat as she nearly again whispered a response. "N-nothing, please..."

"I'm sorry, that was the first time I've ever tried doing that" he says gently as the gravity of what he had done dawns on him. He hadnt seen her memories but only got a taste of the emotions which were replicated in his own mind. He felt that familiar ache in his shoulder but didnt bother to touch it reminding himself that it wasnt real. "I didnt mean to intrude like that" he admits with honesty. "But I also know that those feelings wont do you any good if they stay bottled up like that" he warns gently. "When I was upset I had family I could run to" he offers and then with a right he pats his right shoulder trying to get the nasty phantom ache he was feeling to go away. "And in a way this whole Order is kind of like a family" he offers with a soft smile.

"All I know is that if you let those feelings sit inside you they get uglier with time. Its like a really really bad wine" he offers again trying to toss out a bit of humor to try and lighten the mood. "And I'm right here if you want to talk" he adds with that same smile. And then after a small pause to try and let the offer sink in. "After all we're going to be bunk mates, least we can do is talk about things" he adds

Kurloi gave a low strong sigh and kicked a single foot in Kyle's direction, only planning to tap it against him as a warning from the leather footed offense's power. "Leave me alone." She demanded straight forwardly, staring with cold dull eyes at her roomie's form before looking down and holding her book tightly to her stomach. A scowl slowly painted on her face, becoming more and more irritable with the rambling randomness that was Kyle trying to have a conversation.

The memories were still fresh in her mind, despite how hard she tried to ignore them. The comments about sharing the memories to get them out, don't let them build, only made her stronger in her anger, creating a deeper scowl as the book was held close to remind herself that she still had it for company, rather than her mother, no matter how painful it was.

He gives her a sad look when she gives him a kick to the shin as a way of telling him off "I'm sorry" he says with a huff and then rather then move back to the bunk he had claimed he just sprawls out on the one he was sitting on turning along to lay lengthwise on it. Staying near her but giving her some space he did try to remain silent for her. Once again though he proves that he was not good at the whole silent thing and rather then try and speak he starts to whistle a little tune, just the first thing that came to mind as he put both his hands behind his head.

It was a sweet little tune that was both gentle and yet happy. He had made it himself by combining a lullaby his mother used to sing with a work song his father taught him. The two together had the subtly of that gentle lullaby but had the spirit and passion of that work tune and he couldnt help but have a gentle smile on his face as he whistled that little tune using just that little song to try and keep the silence away.

A small peace came as the stranger backed away into their own space, giving Kurloi her own. Despite the whistle, no matter how peaceful it was, like a child she hated it, she hated anything she didn't ask for to cause the most drama possible. Huffing silently she slowly opened her book rather than talking Kyle out, trying to find her own peace inside. After a small while she felt as if the song was to annoy her, and that the only purpose.

After closing her eyes to block out the noise, Kurloi slowly opened them again to the page she rested a single finger on, burrowing her eyebrows into a scowl to focus on the imaginative writing, though she had read it multiple times before just to the sake that it was close to her. It seemed to bring peace. It was her little outlet for anger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom