Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get Stranded

I had an idea that I think would be a blast. I grew up on Star Trek: Voyager, and for all its many flaws, I've always loved the premise: a lone ship with an unsuitable, unprepared crew, stranded in the middle of nowhere, trying to voyage home. I'm also a huge fan of the game FTL, which has some similarities. I've done some stories kind of like that over the years, and I think I've hit on a fun way to do it.

Basically, I'm looking for a ship or two, some people to be crew or passengers, to get stuck in the middle of nowhere - maybe a companion galaxy like the Rishi Maze or something. I'd be the DM (kind of) - it'd be a Campaign thread. I'd throw challenges at you (alien attack! running out of fuel! need fresh food or you'll get scurvy!) and you'd figure out solutions together and keep trying to get home. Your ship(s) and characters and decisions and gambles would be the focus of the thread. Maybe you bring a personal transport, maybe you're a passenger on a starliner, maybe you've got a Star Destroyer or a bulk freighter - I can roll with whatever.

Would anyone be interested in something like that? I know it's the kind of thread I'd love to join if there was a dedicated campaign runner on the other side of things.

tinker tailor soldier spy
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Depending on when this starts, I'd be down for this.

Got some work for college to finish and round off, so I will be pretty busy for the next week or two. But after that I'd be very interested in this.

Between this thread and Discord, we've got a bunch of folks down for this. I think I'll start with the 'you're all passengers on a stranded starliner' approach so everyone's got a level and kind of bizarre playing field. Thread inbound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom