Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Generis to a Fault Line [Mandalorian Dominion of Generis]

Objective: Spelunking and engineering derring-do
Allies: Mandos - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Anija Betna"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

Shae checked her HUD and relayed her coordinates to Malcom. "I've found a number of bodies already and sent the coordinates to base camp. No survivors yet, though I'm near the temple and I smell fresh blood," she briefed her Captain, not waiting for him to catch up and instead pressing on.

She was very close to the temple now. she could see a lot of carvings and Rakata iconography. She was making sure to get detailed readings of everything for the engineers reinforcing the caves. "Hello?" she called out into the inky darkness as she continued to wander around. Whoever was injured was very close now. "If you can hear me, call out. We have medics and rescue teams to get you out of here," she called out to whoever was injured in the temple. For some reason, she was having trouble finding this person. It was probably because of the dead, stale air and the fact that whoever was down here was also moving around. But that gave Shae hope that they had finally found a survivor!

Groundside - emergency hospital
Objective: Medical Aid/ Rescue
Allies: The Mandos, [member="Illyana Nightshade"]
Enemies: N/A

Post 4/20

At first there was nothing, but soon Mantic realized that the stillness was [member="Illyana Nightshade"] s signature in the force. He smiled at this thought. And the a tiny vibration caused riples around her hand moving across the chest. He noticed how the mans breathing became steadier, slower and finally turning into a soft snoar.

"Very good padawan." he commended her work.

"Now look around you. We got allot of work to do here. We will split up and you will try to ease the pain of as many as you can. When that no longer works ask the doctors or nurses how you can assist them. The force is great, but sometimes a simple kolto injection is the right course of actions." he instructed as if he had forgotten what had just happened. She had done her first healing. But the situation was not right for more celebration. And besides, Mantic was a pragmatic. Train and do, then move on.

Mantic gave his padawan a reassuring pat on the shoulder and headed out into the huge tent himself.

"Just ask if you need help." he smiled and back at her and then he threw himself into the mission of doing what he could for these people.

In the Darkness there is Truth
Objective: Survive and stuff
[member="Shae Kalin"]
(4/20)

One of the downsides of dark side healing was the fact that, well, let's put it plainly, it kind of sucked when it came to healing. Sure, you could stitch yourself with it and give yourself the boost needed to keep going when logic, reason and blood loss would dictate you pass out or simply die. But in most cases its effects were short-term and it seemed that resetting bones had to for some reason hurt almost as much as getting them broken in the first place.

Obviously this was known to Sumiko but it did not make her any less annoyed as she stumbled through the ruins of the ancient Temple. If the place did have any mystical secrets hidden inside it, then there was little chance of discovering them since the whole place had caved in due to the quakes. Carvings and Rakatan iconography decorated the walls and pillars, though much had faded over the millennia. All images seemed to have the common theme of emphatising the glory of the Infinite Empire and the submission of lesser races.

It hurt her but Sumiko could not help laughing, even as blood dripped down her face. Ah, yes, I guess it was not 'infinite' after all, yes? Except their egos. Verily, there was no better place to contemplate the fleeting nature of sentient existence, of all empires in general, than this ruined temple. Sic transit gloria imperii indeed. However, she tensed when she heard a voice, calling her. Sounded female. Supposedly a medic with a rescue team.

Sumiko, being somewhat inclined to extreme suspicion at times, tensed for a moment, wondering whether it might be a trap. Her bruised, blood-covered hand automatically went for her bolt pistol as she pondered, trying to stretch out with the Force to gain a reading on whoever was coming, before she spoke at last. "I can hear you. I'm in the main hall, I believe," she coughed a bit.

Allies: Mandos - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Anija Betna"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

Shae's ears perked up, trying to find the origin of the voice, but the echo of the caves was making it difficult to pin down a direction. She pulled up what information she had readily available of the schematics for the temple, displaying it on her HUD to find the main hall. Making a guess as to where she was now, Shae picked a hall and started walking. Her intuition proved to be spot on and soon the scent of blood was drawing closer. Finally, her eyes fell on the injured woman. She looked pretty beat up, but Shae was simply relieved to have found her alive.

"Captain, I found a survivor, but she's got a bad limp, I'm going to need help getting her out of here," she reported to Malcom as she approached the injured woman. Shae raised her mask to show her face, then reached into her pack for a medkit. "Hey, we're gonna get you out of here. I'm just the scout, but I can patch you up a bit. There a triage center up top where they can offer more help and then they'll medivac you to a hospital," Shae said to Sumiko to assure her that everything would be alright. "Now, can you recall if there anyone else in the Temple with you when the quakes hit?" she asked as she administered a pain killer, then began tending to the obvious head wound until Malcom arrived to help.

Objective: Save the wounded
Allies: Mandos | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Anija Betna"] | [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]

It had taken a while for Malcom to catch up to Shae. She had already ventured deep within the labyrinth of tunnels. But eventually he managed to follow his sisters trail to where she had gone off too. As he approached, he noticed she was indeed tending to some woman who had been caught in the partial cave in that happened recently. "Shae. Status report." He requested. A bit gruff perhaps, but he didn't much like being out of the loop.

Leaning down next to the woman, he gave her a quick nod. "No worries ma'am. We'll get you out of here." He then turned his attention back to Shae for that update. "I'm ready to pull her out of here, if you think she is good to go..." There were no teams with stretchers as of yet. The people were still piling in to help. Until they had become a little more organized, Malcom would pull people out by himself one at a time if needs be.

He hadn't really noticed the ancient carvings or anything about what was around him. In a normal situation, it more than likely would have been something he could have appreciated. But in this current situation, he had definite objectives. And chief amongst them was getting the injured to hospitals, and securing the collapsing ceilings of what caves remained. Not taking in the sights and admiring the ancient architecture.

Prazutis

Prudii Kyr'am Alor/Mandalorian Elder
Allies Mandalorians, and other associates
Enemies: none identified

Realizing no one was going to answer him Jarell shrugged it off and kept heading in the direction of The Rakatan Temple thinking there might be someone that he can help.

Allies Mandalorians
Enemies:

following his Clan's leader
@Jarell down to the planet Generis and landing next to his ship.
after exiting his ship and using his jetpack to catch up to jarrel setting down behind him and then beginning to walk as not to slow down his alor
"Gar ke'gyce alor" since they weren't near the mountains he was curious

Shae looked up at Malcom, then quickly returned her attention to Sumiko. "So far, she's the only survivor I've found. Most of her wounds seem to be superficial, but I'm worried about her leg; she definitely wouldn't be able to climb out as she is," Shae said as she finished patching up the head wound. "If you can get her topside, I'll stay in this area and try to find more survivors since this part of the temple seems to have remained intact. But we definitely need to get the engineers down here, it all looks fit to collapse any moment."

Prazutis

Allies Mandalorians, "Sev"

Vyrassu heard Sev land behind him and ask him what his orders were. Ask he could think about was getting to the Rakatan Temple due to it collapsing from what he picked up in a transmission. Jarell looked back to sev and pointed to the temple.

We need to reach that collapsed Rakatan Temple and see if there is any survivors, if there is... Rescue them.

Jarell then turns and keeps walking to the Rakatan Temple. Once there he starts looking for a way through the rubble. All of the sudden Jarells scanners go off indicating people trapped inside.

help clear this rubble, my scanners detect survivors in there... Move now

Jarell rushes to the temple and starts grabbing rubble and moving it trying to get inside.

[Member=sumiko Tanaka]

Allies Mandalorians, [member="Jarell"] [member="Sumiko Tanaka"]
Enemies:

After hearing jerrels orders he just silently nods.

reaching the temple and looking around he could see what little of the Rakatan Temple lay standing, taking his helmet off he takes a deep breath smelling the dust that the rubble had kicked up in the air muttering "Choruk'abiik" hearing jerrel give the order to start moving the rubble he puts his helmet back on and starts to help lift the rubble, listening out for any crys of help

Prazutis

Allies Mandalorians, "Sev", [member=sumiko Tanaka]

Vyrassu saw Sev digging but then they both came across a piece of rubble that was too big to move themselves so Jarell took a step back and lifted his arms pointed at the rubble. Ask of the sudden the rubble started lifting up. Jarell was moving it with the force. Jarell guided the rubble to the grass in front of the rubble and then turned back around and continued to move the rubble.

Allies: [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Sumiko Tanaka"] | [member="Jarell"] | @"Sev"
Objective: Search and Rescue

Malcom nodded his head in understanding while looking the woman over. Her light frame would be easy enough for him to haul her back. But he wouldn't be able to keep doing that for more survivors. It wasn't exactly a quick little jaunt back to base camp. It was then he picked up the sound of rubble being cleared. "Oh good. Looks like we got a couple reinforcements to help while I get our survivor here back to camp." He said sort of offhandedly before returning his attention back to Shae and their first rescue.

Kneeling down, he began to scoop up the woman in his arms. Gently so as not to hit her already injured leg. "Can you put your arms around me neck please? Sorry. We don't have stretcher bearers just yet." If she were to comply, he lift her up before turning once again to the new arrivals.

"Hey vode. Good to see you guys! And thanks for clearing us and easier path in. Keep pushing forward while I get her back to camp. Oh and Shae?" He asked, trying to get her attention. "I'll come back with the engineers to help secure the roofline. See you soon, and good luck."

As he started walking back, he turned to the woman. "Name's Malcom by the way. How about you?"

In the Darkness there is Truth
(5)
[member="Malcom Renolds"], [member="Shae Kalin"]

Needless to say Sumiko was in a somewhat grumpy mood. It was nice to have help, but she was perfectly capable of getting out of this hole herself! Well, actually she was not but it was like her to be a difficult patient. Alas, her somewhat mean writer had decided to collapse a hall on her, so her leg was crap. Head was also hurting like hell. Hopefully she did not have a concussion, though patching it up had helped a bit. Alas, her own dark side healing was not really...that good at healing. [member="Coryth Elaris"] she was not.

"Thanks. I was alone, but I believe some explorers were in the lower levels," she added. Which had collapsed and stuff. Visiting this temple had sucked when the earthquake. She concluded that it was good she had not taken Souldrinker with her on this trip. After all, the relief effort might have attracted Jedi and carrying a sentient Sith blade around would have raised all sorts of red flags. Not taking into account the possibility that the blade might muck things up in her mind.

"And thank you, but I'm perfectly fine to walk," she insisted out of sheer stubbornness and pride when the Mandalorian moved to scoop her up. However, her attempt at getting to her feet and walking properly predictably failed, so with a measure of reluctance she put an arm around his neck, coughing a bit. "Name's Sumiko Tanaka."

Objective: Search & Rescue
Allies: Mandos - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Shae Kalin"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"]

While Malcolm ran off to check on Shae and help her out Kenna could hear a something else. The young woman could simple be hearing things but decided to investigate anyway. Once he jetted off Kenna turned towards the top of the cave were nobody seemed to be. Instead they were climbing down it. If anybody did in fact need her they could reach Kenna via comm link.

Carful she stepped through the rocks as she made her way up to where it looked like a part of the top of the mountain had caved in. It was possible that not all of the dead were at the bottom. There could be something up here and she was doubtful it was anything living. She would at least find the bodies and give the families some closer. They deserved that instead of wandering through life always wondering.

Sighing Kenna began to pick up the rubble piece by piece looking for anything. She very much doubted that she would find anything alive here. Except...she heard the faintest of cries as she moved the last stone. It was enough to cause Kenna to pause but she figured she was hearing things. Still she kept moving the boulders with a little more pep in her step.

Prazutis

Allies Mandalorians, "Sev", [member=Sumiko Tanaka], [Member=Malcom renolds]

Jarell nodded

I'm jarell Xaaris, this is my Verd'ika Sev, you get her out of here Malcom, we will get the ones in the lower levels.

Jarell motioned Sev to follow him as they pressed on to head to the lower levels

Allies:
[member="Sumiko Tanaka"] I [member="Jarell"] I [member="Malcom Renolds"] I [member="Shae Kalin"] I Mando'ade ground forces
Enemies: none

*nodding as the fellow mando'ade [member="Malcom Renolds"] passes them by while he is continuing to clear the rubble away only stopping when jarell gives the order to follow him inside.*

*looking around the fallen temple he spots the archaic chisel markings in the stones while very primitive looking something about them made them seem more than just simple chiseling like there was some deeper meaning to them* to bad they were destroyed *yelling out into the temple* "Jair meh gar kadala" *he would yell this out and listen a few times every now and then*

Prazutis

Locationm: inside the collapsed rakatan temple
Allies:[member=Sumiko Tanaka] I Sev I [member=Malcom Renolds] I [member=Shae Kalin] I Mando'ade ground forces
Enemies: none

Jarell watches Malcom get the girl out of the temple and then begins heading to the lower levels with Sev listening to him shout out "scream if your wounded" Jarell Simply smiled. All jarell could think about is that this Sev, this new guy had drive, determination, he wanted to prove himself a true mando'ade.

Jarell shook it off and kept walking he had to keep his mind on the here and now. All that mattered was rescuing any survivors by any means. Jarell finally reached the stair case that went to the lower levels. Jarell proceeded down then clearing rubble of the stairs as he went. The further down he went the darker it got.

Jarell stopped and activated his night vision before continuing on. Jarell looked back to Sev.

Watch your step

Jarell turned back around and kept going down. Jarell finally reached the bottom and looked around his scanners going off detecting life.

oh yeah, there is people down here Sev, let's go be heroes and find and rescue them.

Jarell starts moving rubble around as he shouts "CAN ANY ONE HEAR ME" Jarell continues to shuffle through rock hoping him and Sev are not too late.

Allies: Mandos - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Anija Betna"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Jarell"] | @"Sev"

"Base camp, one survivor secured, Captain Renolds is inbound with survivor," Shae reported to Anija over the comm as she removed her safety line and tied it off to a pillar that seemed stable enough. Then she anchored a new line to the pillar, attaching the belay device on her harness in case she needed to go vertical again. She didn't expect a reply, she knew things were busy back at base camp where everything was being coordinated, but she did pause long enough to reach into her pack for a canteen. It was so dry in these caves, and all the dust she was inhaling was making her cough.

"Oi!" Shae called out to Jarrel and Sev. "Could you maybe not yell so much? The echo is killing my ears and I'll have no chance of finding anyone if you don't moderate the tone of your voice," she scolded sternly, her ears pressing back against the sides of her head to block out all the noise these two men were creating. She was the equivalent of a bloody search and rescue dog, scouting ahead with the use of her keen hearing and olfactory senses to help find people where scanners failed. She couldn't do her job with all this noise! "And please be careful what debris you move. These caves are not very stable and we're still feeling aftershocks, I don't want anything collapsing on you," she added, considerably less stern and more concerned for their well-being.

Shae put her water away and lowered her mask, illuminating her HUD and taking a few more scans for the structural engineers who would be here shortly with support pylons and repulser generators to help clear away the heavier rubble. "Continuing to the lower levels," she again reported to base camp, sending in the new scans. "Indications are there are more people there, but I'm not picking up anything on thermal yet." Which wasn't all that surprising. Anyone trapped in here long enough would have a lowered body temperature from all this rock; she hadn't been able to pick up Sumiko until she was practically right on top of her! Shae made her way to a stair case that led to the lower levels, shining a light in to see if the way was clear. It was, but her HUD was showing instabilities in the stairwell that made her doubt that it was safe to venture any further. But Sumiko said there were others... Shae took a deep breath, and with soft, cautious steps she carefully padded forward, descending deeper into the darkness to continue her search.

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
2/20

Basaba continued to move forward with the others in her small team. protecting the medics that needed it while she operated the suits upgrades with a look on her face. Finding some purpose before heading up and punching a wall with the shockwave generator cracked it opening a path for them while she motioned them forward. Letting the force energies reinforce her body and muscles until she was feeling the energy in her hand and grip throwing a rock to make a head pop. "Come on."

Allies: Mandos - [member="Malcom Renolds"] | [member="Anija Betna"] | [member="Kenna Raine"] | [member="Kourin the Rat"] | [member="Jarell"] | @"Sev" | [member="Basaba Willamina"]

Shae hadn't gotten very far down the stairwell when she felt a rumbling. That didn't feel like an aftershock... "Base camp, something's happening-" She didn't get the chance to report any further; the room shook and suddenly the stone stairs under her paws was gone and she was falling. Thankfully, she'd had the sense to set another safety line! she hit the brake on her belay device and her descent came to a sudden halt. She swung on her line, crashing into rock, bouncing once before coming to a rest against the cold stone. As the dust settled, she calmed her racing heart with a few measured breaths, trying to look around. Her light was dead, or lost, it was hard to tell. she had another one in her pack, but she would get it in a minute. First she had to check herself for injuries and report to base camp.

"Base camp, the stairwell has collapse! I need..." Shae paused to pace her breathing again. She was a little dazed, but she had the sense to run her hands up and down herself to check for any injuries that might not be immediately evident. "I can't see, I'm hanging from my belay line, and I don't appear to be injured, I need assistance," she continued, but it was then that she realized that she couldn't hear anything back from base camp. Even if she didn't get a direct reply, she could always hear background chatter from the engineers, but now nothing... Had her radio been damaged or was she simply too deep now to get a signal through?

Shae thought for moment. What was she to do? She knew Malcom would realize something was up and follow her line down the stairs, but how long would that take? Should she just stay here and wait for aid that may not come for some time or should she press on and try to find the other survivors? No, she had a job to do, she would find the survivors. Shae fumbled around her pack for a new light and hooked it to her harness, then began her descent further into the cavern. "I don't know if this message will be received, but I'll continue reporting as I can. I felt a tremor, but it didn't feel like an aftershock, it felt like it came from above me. Whatever it was, it caused a collapse in the temple. Send the engineers, it needs immediate reinforcement. I'm pressing on to find the survivors in the lower levels," she reported as she continued her descent down the rock face to find the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom