Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff General Rule Additions #18/19

Link for the loopy: https://starwarsrp.net/ams/general-rules.2905/

Code:
18. Forum/Codex/Factory bans will operate on a three-warning basis. A warning is first issued without a ban, the second warning is a two week ban, the third is a one month ban. Warnings older than one year may not be considered. Head Administrators may be consulted at any stage to adjust this as seen fit, given context.

19. The Head Administrators of this forum are  Tefka and @Valiens Nantaris.

Some of the criticism this year has been about how bans are handled. It's now codified in the highest ruleset available.

Most of it's my fault, to an extent. Don't get me wrong, people who get bans completely deserve it, but the severity of it comes into question at times. This is the reason it's my fault, because I'm the one who - when things get a bit overwhelming with Staff - said "hit 'em hard." I mean, an RPJ infamously told me to stop it with the half-measures, and I took his advice to heart.

Maybe too much so.

It works, for those situations in which there's no middle ground, no respect, just bile. Hit hard and get out. But from what I've seen, and I'm the most guilty of all, is we started hitting all of the situations hard. And I've no doubt there will be situations in the future where some members hope we do throw the book at situations. But everything has context. Like the Joker says to Batman, "you're just one bad day away from being me." Everyone has bad days. Everyone pops off, from my stupid doxxed face on down to the newest of members. Respect, and a lack of appreciation for it when speaking to other members, is what I think we're missing around Chaos and from what I've seen over the past couple of months, I think you've noticed it too.

And you started picking up the slack. I asked the MFOs, a few months back, to help me cool things down on this forum, to get back to a more healthy, exciting environment. I started backing down off of the "hit hard" tactics, backing down from the usual hard-headed Tef smash rhetoric, we started communicating more effectively, offering olive branches where we could in the community. I think the whole of the community has felt it and it just honestly feels so much better logging on and interacting with you all these days.

So in honor of Life Day, we're dialing down the bans, including in the Factory/Codex. I'm once again asking you, help me keep the temperature down, Chaos. Help me keep things this way, don't scoff at the olive branch I'm trying to provide. We're going to pop off soon, as we always do coming out of the holidays, and the excitement will get you rolling over some things. But it's all imagination, story driven content. It ultimately doesn't matter.

It's not real.

But how you treat people is.

A little bit of respect, humility - that's all I'm asking. I'm just a doxxed man out in the rain, on one knee, begging, please bby Chaos - help me keep this. I know how you can get sometimes, but pwease. Literally begging btw.

The next batch of announcements will be after the Holiday weekend, I'm taking a short but much needed break. It'll be all Age of Underworld focused.

Merry Life Day. Happy Holidays.

Damn I forgot to post this at the head of the announcement

kKvwVM0.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom