Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Maintenance

[member="Alicia Drey"]

As he heard those words from Alicia, that she was going to leave, he felt as if he upset her. He took a step to get her attention, but the hand she gave stopped him cold. As he stood there, pondering for a moment as he felt like his strength wanted to crumble as he scared this woman he wanted so much just to help. His chest began to feel tight as he put a hand on the wall, feeling distraught. But when he heard the door shut to the hallway he raced to it in a second and opened it. "Alicia, stop."

He said loudly, but sternly. He raced to her with his speed, but stayed behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I didn't choose this. I don't want this life. These people are all I have to keep me sane." He said sorrowfully, releasing his hand from her shoulder, which was a light grip in itself. "I live, by consuming others, by destroying their lives, yes, but I have the ability to give them life as well. This is what I have done for thousands and thousands of years. For a few I slaughtered entire planets, yes, but I had no choice. I have no choice. I have three options; I can either sit down, chain myself, and wait until my hunger kills me. I can go on a rampage and consume the lives of thousands and become powerful upon other peoples blood. Or I can try and make a difference. I can't just ruthlessly kill people anymore, Alicia. You haven't lived long enough to know what it does to you, to know you will never die as long as you feed on someone. When you become so hungry you... kill the ones you love. I can not sit around anymore because I need to do something, whether you think its good for me to try and help others or not. That's what I believe, that's what these people believe. I'm sorry, but the last thing I want is for you to hate me. You have this... effect on me that I can not control. You see Alicia... I let you in. Only those I let in can affect me." He turned to his side, facing the hallway wall. "I'm sorry."

| [member="Jeron Verity"] |

Alicia turned when the hand was put on her hand, her own curling into a fist to lay Jeron flat out. But she refrained from lashing out. Allowing herself to be turned, she watched Jeron explain himself. She understood that he didn't want to do what he had just done to Nick or even to the pirates that he had spoke of earlier. But she knew that he had to do it. If he didn't then he would die, and as it came naturally to all beings- even those who could be considered monsters- the instinct to survive, to keep on living, was a hard thing to ignore.

"First you say that you don't want me to let myself in, and yet you tell me something completely different another time. I'm tired of these mixed messages. Make a decision, Jeron. Tell me what you want from me. What do you want to happen?"

[member="Alicia Drey"]

Jeron punched the wall suddenly, holding himself back so as not to damage the wall. "I do not show my feelings Alicia. Love, it is our greatest weakness. It's not that I personally let you in, you forced your way in and I... I ended up caring about you. I don't know what I want, Alicia. You compromise me, you cripple my defenses, you are a weakness of mine and it seems no matter what I do, I still cause you pain and fear, I am doing the same thing to the others I cared about." He was angry, but extremely depressed as the pain bursted through his anger. He tried all the time to keep his composure around Alicia but she had an effect on him, as was noticeable before.

Alicia watched Jeron for a solid minute. She didn't flinch this time as he lashed out. Her eyes trailed, fixated upon his facial expressions. She felt his confusion, his anger... His lust. Averting her gaze away from Jeron, she ducked under his arm and continued towards the Initium.

Before he could move to follow, she turned and said: "Don't. I'll be in touch." Turning back towards the docking port, Alicia opened the hatch and begun to climb inside the Initium.

Jeron sighed and leaned his back against the wall of the hallway, taking a moment to collect himself as he closed his eyes. He brought his Comms device up to his face and activated it. "Viskis, what is the status of the stealth devices and power core?" he asked in a displeased tone, knowing the answer wouldn't be good. "Hey Jeron, the scramblers and all are fine from that black out but, we need a new core. I doubt we can fit an upgrade, that is a whole line of work for another day. I can get a new core if you want, but eventually, you're going to have to move h-"

"That's all the information I need Nick," Jeron clicked the Comms on, interrupting Nick, "I'll take your suggestion into consideration. Why don't we head back to base so I can get my other duties done, and then you can head out and purchase a new core, as I recommended earlier. I know she's old, and she needs a lot of new things... we'll get to it another time."

"Alrighty, it seems most of the repairs are done, I'll get the crew to the bridge. And Jeron, just take a breather. You've never done that since I've known you." Nick responded. Perhaps he was right, but Jeron had a lot on his plate and he hadn't worried about his... his life, personally, in a long time. Even now, trying to build a massive army and tending to an old bucket of metal.

Alicia climbed into the Initium. Rising up from the access hatch, she smoothed out the creases in her clothes before kneeling down to seal the hatch manually. When the key pad informed her that it was sealed, she stood up and turned to the cockpit, a sinister grin itched on her features as she lowered herself into the pilots seat. As she had woven herself into the tapestry of a legacy long thought to be lost, she had begun to craft her own. Inevitably, the parts of what she contributed would be stitched onto the fabric created by Bane, detailing the sentiments of her contribution to the Grand Plan.

Among it all stood the pawns and pieces of the game that she was playing with certain individuals and their lives. As she detached the Initium from the Promise, Alicia thought about the Energy Vampire who had admitted that he loved her. She would endeavor to bring the monster out of him and use it for her own devices. Slipping her ship into hyperspace, Alicia set course for Hutt space, planning to return to Antecedent and the Black Tie Syndicate, so as to continue her operations in that quadrant of space, confident that her scheme was coming together nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom