Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Maintenance

[member="Alicia Drey"]

With the tending to GOMM and his assets, Jeron didn't much have the time to look over and keep his Marauder in check. It had been with him for a very long time, and for awhile, a partner in his plans that even lead to this. It was this ship that started it all, the crew was under his complete allegiance, who would never falter. It saw several lifetimes of crew members and the same still came to fruition; the ships destiny. As long as Jeron kept commanding her, the dream would not die. Since it was a calm day, Jeron decided to take his precious Corvette out, pilot her for a bit and then check on her maintenance. No doubt his crew always kept her in shape, so it was probably maintenance for himself.

He had been contacted by one of his officers, alerting him that his new business partner wanted to speak to him. She wouldn't exactly ruin his destressing time, and it would be nice to have someone along that he considered.... a friend. He told the Officer to only give her our coordinates and nothing more. He was an important leader out in the middle of space in a dainty little corvette, modified increasingly less for major fleet battles, so some had to be kept quiet. Who knows what her reaction would be to seeing an old ship, alone out in space, and the systems inside even more showing its ancient age.

| [member="Jeron Verity"] |

Alicia had questions. The last time she had met with Jeron, they had discussed the future of GOMM and the creation of a new subsidiary. She would be heading the research and development side of GOMM's structure, with the main effort in the production of a clone army for Galven Solomon- or Jeron Verity- to use in his peace keeping efforts. But there had been other revelations. It was precisely those that had brought Alicia out to meet with her friend- or vigilant protector, if he intended to keep true to his word- to talk about the fact that he was an Energy Vampire, from a distant time before the Four Hundred Year Darkness.

She docked with the Marauder via the Initium and climbed aboard to meet with Jeron. Entering the room, she lowered the cowl of a dark robe. "Hello, Jeron."

[member="Alicia Drey"]

Jeron was busy doing very minor repairs; putting a bolt back into place, replacing a panel, wiping it down. He wasn't in his suit, well he was... sort of. He had removed his jacket, with his sleeves rolled up as he worked with the loyal crew of The Promise. When the Bridge Officer gave Alicia permission to dock with the Marauder, he spoke into the private Comms over to Jeron to let him know Alicia was coming aboard. When Jeron heard Alicia's voice, he smiled, looking down at his hands he brushed them off together and turned to her.

"Hello Alicia, I see you had questions for me? Sorry about the total flop of the dance, and the fact I couldn't speak to you afterwards, I was busy. Is there something you need?" He asked as he reached over to hand the tool he was using to one of the crew members. "I was just heading to check on the ships stealth equipment, want to join me? I don't think there's anything wrong with it, as it is more than likely the power generator, insufficient still for the modifications I made to the vessel. Oh and, sorry about the mess." He noted, talking about the extensive amount of tools and parts. The ship needed some renovation, some old parts replaced

Alicia gave Jeron a grin. "Hey. That's fine. You were busy." The GOMM ball had been a flop, but she wouldn't voice it to him. She had gone and attended the event, expecting to find the galaxies elite ready for her to converse with. Instead, a drunk had knocked her own drink down one of her designer dresses and the event itself had been over shortly after it had begun. A very expensive shindig that hadn't amounted to much.

"Sure, I'll walk with you. So long as you don't try and bite." It was a light joke, but probably in poor taste. Alicia wanted to show Jeron, however, that she was comfortable around him. Joining his side, she asked: "So, how did you come up with the name Galven Solomon?"

[member="Alicia Drey"]

Jeron shook his head smiling, whether it was in poor taste or not, he was used to it. "Actually, I haven't bitten anyone but you for several years. Of course, that is random biting. To kill, I reserve that for Executions for criminals. However, if you'd like something more seducing, I'm sure I could come up with something... less painful." He retorted, continuing down the hall to a systems room which held some of the modifications he had made to the ship. He entered the access code which he didn't bother to hide from Alicia, pulling to the side, in fact, to let her enter first. It was a barely lit room in which the door automatically shut back. Parely larger than a small walk-in closet, Jeron went to work at the systems, pulling a chunk of hardware out that acted like a drawer.

"Oh my, you want to know that story?" He asked, his mouth opened as it curled, probably the first smile he made in centuries. Although it quickly died, remembering exactly where it came from. "It's a story about a man I had never met, who joined me, and then was ultimately executed for having loyalty to me." spoiling the majority of the story, but he didn't talk about the man, or his character, or what happened as to why any of it happened. However, the summary showed it hit Jeron hard, in a serious way.

Alicia entered the room, allowing her eyes to wonder. It was something that she came to expect. In fact, she was reminded of the Bogan's Beauty, the vault ship that had once belonged to Rave Merrill, who was Alicia's greatest ever enemy to date. The corvette had then ended up in the hands of Romeo Sin, after it had emerged derelict in the middle of Omega Protectorate space. The then future Emperor of the Shadow Empire had salvaged the ship, turning it into his personal vessel, whilst Alicia had escaped with a rare artifact that she would later lose to the old owner. They weren't particularly good memories, but then Alicia wasn't filled with memories that she was fond of.

"That must have been difficult," said Alicia, absent minded. "I don't need the Force to tell that it causes you great pain." Concentrating, she lowered her gaze to him. "I get the impression that you've suppressed a lot of feelings, Jeron. My offer to help is still there. It's why I'm here, actually."

[member="Alicia Drey"]

Jeron took a quickened breath as he heard that final statement she offered, staring at the stealth device for a moment until forcing it shut and turning to her, grabbing her shoulders. "I've suppressed more feelings than you've lived, Alicia. And the way you speak to me about helping me does nothing to me but make me feel like I'm under the control of the Sith woman that once controlled me. I don't get a sense of... relaxation, or a feeling that I can be open to you. I am filled with anger and frustration, not at you, but... Alicia, I'll tell you anything you want to know. But whatever it is you're offering to me to help me, don't offer it." His hands shook as he released his grip, his hands balling into fists as they shook, a bit of reddening appearing in the corners of his eyes until it went away. "They were the words," he said, clearing his throat and turning back to the wall to pull out another device, "the words of the woman who threatened to kill my family if I didn't answer her, if I didn't do as she ordered."

He closed the device again and turned back to Alicia, "But in the end," he went to take a breath but he shuttered, glancing at Alicia and then the rest of her features which the dim light expressed, "I killed them, I killed my whole family, and I didn't even know it." He turned his head as he leaned against the wall, facing his head and staring blankly at the wall beside them. "You, unfortunately, remind me of her. But," He turned back to her, "Don't take that as a bad thing. She did a lot more than just make me slaughter my family... she sated me."

Alicia visibly recoiled when he sprung up and grabbed her. Fear etched across her face, she looked up, suddenly worried by Jeron's outburst. Her breathing quickened; a bead of sweat rolled across her forehead; and her heart begun to palpitate with each syllable he spoke. When he finally relented, mid monologue and turned away from her, she took a step backwards from him.

Raising a hand to her chest, fingers worming nervously to her throat, just under her chin, Alicia watched Jeron with a state of apprehension as he finished speaking. "Sated you?" Alicia asked, barely managing the question.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

Jeron blinked slowly for a moment before looking down. "While I can't exactly say it was forced, but she had the power play over me. I must say, I was a tool of her pleasure, too many times to count. I think she even had me slay her in this room, once. But that was long ago, before the plague."

Alicia listened, thought about it and came to her own conclusions. Anger flashed across her face and she stepped forward to slap Jeron in the face. Mouth parted, chest heaving from the exhilaration of it, Alicia shouted: "I would never use you for personal amusement. Like some kind of toy! That's sick Jeron! I am nothing like this woman you are telling me about! I can assure you of that!"

[member="Alicia Drey"]

When the smack hit Jeron, he did nothing to stop it or collect himself. He let it sting him, he accepted it, whether it was deserved or not. Although his face didn't seem to be listening as she spoke, he took in every word, as he turned back to face her, taking a moment to let her finish. "That's good, defend your innocence through offense. However, that is the difference. You make me feel the same way and yet, you do not sate me, neither do you control me." He turned to open the door from its lock, "It's not like I'm worthy enough for you anyway," he finished, walking out to head towards the power core. Whether she followed or not was up to her.

Alicia stood, feeling the sting in her hand, as she watched Jeron leave the room. She thought long and hard for a good solid minute. She contemplated going back to the Initium and leaving. But his last words stuck with her. It's not like I'm worthy enough for you anyway. Leaving the room, she caught Jeron as he turned a corner and she made her way up the hallway to follow.

Entering the core room, she opened her mouth several times, trying to retort to his aforementioned claim. In the end, she decided on a few choice words: "I'm sorry for hitting you."

[member="Alicia Drey"]

Jeron noticed as the woman followed quickly behind him after a moment from leaving the room. He kicked some tool boxes and tools out of the way, not a football kick, but a push, as he got down to crouch and inspect some old wiring that was giving out. The power core was at maximum, as it had to be. "No it's fine, that, I most surely am worthy of." He looked over at the old power core that was humming and running hard, pushing itself. All this time, The Promise, was much like him. Old, pushing on, damaged, went through unimaginable things... but yet could also think much more deeply and clearly, understanding things and able to compensate for the past. The wire sparked a bit, making Jeron lurch his head back slightly, but he was fine. Obviously not a professional engineer, but he knew his own ship.

Alicia leaned against the frame. Her eyes wondered, observing Jeron as he worked, thinking of the possibilities that could be explored between both of them. Was there an attraction between both of them? Or was she just misreading their relationship? She knew that he seemed enticed by her, yet he restrained himself from following through. Why would he do that? Didn't he knew what he wanted? She remained silent whilst she watched him fix the core, pondering over her questions quietly.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

"In her prime she could use her stealth systems without problem, but now that she is getting old, I really do need to get her a new and upgraded pow--" He was suddenly cut off as the sparking wire released incredible amounts of power, flying him passed Alicia to the opposite side of the core room. The power core fluctuated and went into a heart beat-like function until it cut off, the room going dark. With everything quiet, it could be heard throughout the ship as it tilted and creaked, groaning in its old age. Some sparks flared up here and there until it was totally pitch black. Shouts could be heard nearby about the crew scrambling, 'what happened' 'is anyone hurt' 'restart the core.' Soon after, crew shambled in with flashlights to assess the core, keeping the exposed wire down and turning the core back on as it rolled. The lights flickered until things normalized. When Jeron was finally able to be seen, the crew were ripping his shirt off to assess the wound on his chest that was exposed. He was partially unconscious, especially since he hadn't fed since he gave most of the power he had to Alicia that night.

Alicia flinched and her automatic response was to get out of the way, as sparks flew across the core room. Huddled into the corner, she looked down to see Jeron crumbled into the floor. It became clear that the loose wire had hit him. Rushing over, Alicia made sure to see if it was safe to approach Jeron. There was no current being conducted through the floor. She assumed that she would have found that out the moment the wire dropped, considering the core was made mostly of metal and wires.

Kneeling beside Jeron, Alicia checked over his body. There was a large wound in the mans chest, from where the wire had hit him. Looking up, she screamed: "He's hurt, he's hurt! He needs help! Someone come quick!"

[member="Alicia Drey"]

The crewman that were attending to him did all they could to stabilize him until another man pushedthrough them, "Excuse me miss, I need to get to him!" The other crew sighed with relief and wiped their faces, seeming relieved long before anything happened. But then the man reached for Jeron's head and tilted it back as he sat beside him. "Come on, Jeron. Come on," he whispered, pulling his hand back to pull out a knife. If Alicia reacted in anyway, Nick would explain to her that he's only cutting himself. As he did so, cutting his forearm slightly, he put his arm to Jeron's mouth, letting him smell the blood. Jeron didn't grow a beastly face, but he lurched with all his strength at the arm. Nick tensed up and gritted his teeth and felt a little weakened as Jeron began draining him.

Jeron never really received medical treatment, even when he was critical, the crew of The Promise would take turns if they could to keep Jeron strong. Jeron vowed never to empty their life force, but sometimes he couldn't release himself, which the crew would take it upon themselves to remove him before he became too strong for them. This was how Jeron's life was... in emergencies, he would siphon life from the crew of The Promise, and keep his word to return what they gave him, back to them. Usually after draining a criminal, he would use part of what he gained to give back. This is why he was always weak, because he chose to only take what he needed to live. Later on, that force would dwindle, taking from his own force to keep him strong or heal him, which is why his force power is so incredibly limited.

Jeron removed himself from his friend and pushed him away before he would thirst again, breathing hard. His wound seemingly disappearing right before Alicia's eyes. Truly, this was his fountain of youth, and his curse. While Jeron recovered, the other crew tended to Nicks arm, wrapping it up. This was the crew of The Promise, specially selected men and women to serve on it. They know his secrets like no other. But The Promise wasn't named after Jeron's promise to his people of protecting them and their families, or for the agreement Jeron had with the crew, to save him, and he'd return his thanks. Behind the core, something was hidden. And it was at that moment when the core shutdown, Alicia could feel a force... a little stronger than him, but it dissipated when the core came back online.

Alicia lurched her hand forward to grab onto Nick's arm as he drew the knife, but stopped herself when she saw what he did. Following the trickle of blood travel down the mans arm, she lowered her gaze to Jeron as he instinctively latched his mouth around the wound and begun to suck. Lifting a hand to her mouth, Alicia watched in silent horror as Jeron begun to drain the life from his own crewman. She observed the changes take physical form on Nick. He slowly became more gaunt, weaker, older. When the ordeal was over, Alicia had to sit down. All she could do was watch.

[member="Alicia Drey"]

As Jeron soon came back, collecting himself, he turned to Nick and stood up, pulling him up with him. He threw his torn shirt to the floor, gaining a frown. "I apologize that you had to see that, Alicia. The crews of The Promise, this Marauder, she's seen so many different crews but, they have entrusted themselves to me. Compared to the soldiers of GOMM, these men may very well shoot themselves in the heart for me, but I'd never ask that of them." He turned to Nick and patted his shoulder, grinning, "Looks like those pirates you caught will come in handy, Nick," a horrible joke, but one to lighten things up. "When we're done here, I need you to get a new power core for The Promise, alright? And hire some more workers while you're out, make her look new again."

Nick nodded, "Finally you say that?" he chuckled, "I've been telling you that Power Core is ready to die sooner than you," they both joined in a laugh until Jeron sent him on his way. Jeron pulled a cloth from his back pocket to wipe the blood from his mouth and chin, turning back to Alicia. "Nick Viskis, he was in training with me when I joined the last Imperial faction, just before I left to make my own mark. He knows me more like no other. Sometimes he keeps watch over The Promise, sometimes I send him on the more dangerous missions that I can't go on. I'm fine, he will be fine, I apologize for the events that have happened while you have spoken to me. Was there anything else you needed to talk about?"

"No..." Alicia helped herself up, recovering from her momentary fear. Troubled, the girl lifted her gaze up to Jeron to say: "I'm going to go. I think I've learned... Enough." Moving to the exit, Alicia put up a hand to Jeron to stop him from following. "I know my way back to the Initium." Stepping back into the hallway, she made her way back towards the Initium. She wanted to get off the Promise as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom