Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G'day!

Hello, one and all! As a fan of both Star Wars and roleplaying, I'm happy to find a merger of both things. Just for clarification, I've got a couple of questions:
  • How many characters may a user play as?
  • Is it limited to one character, multiple characters, etc.? Multiple characters with only one per thread, or one character per "life" (aka if they die, a new character can be written, though not necessarily to replace the deceased character)? I ask this question mainly because I have been across different forums that varied greatly on the number of characters.
  • Is the style of RP'ing based on just narrative posts, or does one need to perform dice rolls?
  • Are there specific rules for playing droids, considering their specific programming?
I really do look forward to taking part in this forum roleplay! And I hope to make good memories with some good people. :^D

SpaceCommunist said:
How many characters may a user play as?
As many as you wish. You simply need a character account for each one you write.

SpaceCommunist said:
Is the style of RP'ing based on just narrative posts, or does one need to perform dice rolls?
It's based on narrative posts, I suppose, we don't do stats on Chaos, though you can make decisions on what to write through dice - I decided to lose my eyesight because of the cursed roll of a die.

SpaceCommunist said:
Are there specific rules for playing droids, considering their specific programming?
Just what is outlined in any rules pertaining to them. Any non-canon droid must be submitted to the factory for approval prior to use, as far as I recall, but aside from that not that I am aware of.

Welcome to Chaos, hope you have fun.

Welcome! I'm Chris and I'll be one of your many, many guides here at SWRP: Chaos!
To answer your questions:
  1. You can make as many as you want. [member="Cira"] has over a hundred!
  2. Any character can have as many threads going on at one time as you'd like. Characters that die can be brought back in various ways, though usually you have to work with a Space Wizard for that sort of thing, or you can make a new character. Or you don't. There's no need to replace dead characters, though most people do.
  3. No dice needed! :)
  4. Generally there's not much restriction on droids as long as they're Canon (can be found on Wookieepedia) or if they've been submitted to the factory (a sub forum on our site for creating user-made tech).
I hope that clears things up! Have a nice day, and enjoy your time on our lovely 'little' site! :)

I like new members who have questions! :D

1) However many you want.
2) Some dominions and invasions limit the number of characters a writer can have per thread. For the rest, no one cares. Have a blast. :p
3) No dice here.
4) A unique design of droid needs to be submitted to the Factory before it can be played. Or maybe not. I don't remember us ever getting a clear ruling on that question.

Welcome to Chaos. ^_^

Oh my goodness gracious cretaceous! I didn't expect such a warm welcome!

Silara said:
As many as you wish. You simply need a character account for each one you write.
Ah, good! Now, uh, what exactly do you mean by "account"? Are those just different character sheets that need to be sourced in the signature, or is that a specific account on this site for each character?

Krasnaya Xue said:
Hurray for Space Communism!
And down with Sea Fascism!

Alen Na'Varro said:
If you want the real answers, I'm gonna need 10 000 tonnes of handwavium.

Waiting to hear back from you.
Ah...that. Look, I got Jabba's your shipment; it's just not on me right now.

I do, however, have about 2 cubic tonnes of sand up for trade.

Darth Hauntruss said:
THE ECH KNIGHT RETURNS
An ECHcellent pun. I must commend you for your ECHceptional ECHcecution! Indeed, I'm ECHspecting great things from a clever commentator such as yourself!

oh god please don't let the ech knight be an inside joke ive never heard of

Also, one last general question: the layout of the different types of roleplays seems a bit, er, confusing to say the least. I'm familiar with the rules of Open and Private threads; however, I can't seem to differentiate between the specific types beyond that. Could I get a little help?

Again, thanks for all of the answers and friendly greetings!

Each character on the board uses a separate account. You can RP a character on your writer account, as long as that account is named after that character. In order to create subaccounts, go to your user page (top-left of the screen, or just click on your own name/avatar) and click the button labeled "characters" in the top-right corner of the screen. From there it should be pretty simple.

Each character also requires a profile in the character creation forum. We have a suggested template, but as long as you have at least that much information, no one cares what it looks like or what you have on it. There's no approval system; as soon as you get a profile up, you can start RPing...unless you character's existence hinges on an original species and/or original technology.

Corrin Tal'verda said:
Please RP Jontron. Please for the love of god...please.
Hm. I'm not really one to RP as pre-existing characters; still, who knows? Maybe you'll hear of a Jahn T'Rahn someday! ;)

Fabula Caromed said:
Each character on the board uses a separate account. You can RP a character on your writer account, as long as that account is named after that character. In order to create subaccounts, go to your user page (top-left of the screen, or just click on your own name/avatar) and click the button labeled "characters" in the top-right corner of the screen. From there it should be pretty simple.

Each character also requires a profile in the character creation forum. We have a suggested template, but as long as you have at least that much information, no one cares what it looks like or what you have on it. There's no approval system; as soon as you get a profile up, you can start RPing...unless you character's existence hinges on an original species and/or original technology.
Alright, thanks for letting me know! I always appreciate help :D

Tefka said:
[gifv]http://i.imgur.com/1WQKdjC.webm[/gifv]
I get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom