Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garden Retreat

Pash Tafo

P
Epistor did understand. There was comfort in the empathy Pash sensed in the woman's words, a glimpse that proved he was truly not alone. It was unexpected, how easily the two had found themselves sharing the more difficult times of their lives, with little awkwardness. They had struck a chord, it seemed, that allowed a measure of vulnerability. Pash could hardly call Epistor a stranger now, far from it.

They hurdled the melancholy that threatened them both, and Epistor was bold enough to extend an open door invitation, and an acknowledgement of what Pash already felt. He had a friend he could go to in need. The Matukai assumed he would need it, they both might. Epistor had a journey ahead of her, if she were to become a Jedi Knight.

"Thanks, and the same goes for me. I am here whenever you need someone." His smile was genuine, his eyes sincere. Then the grin took a wry slant. "And yes, I imagine you would be easy to find, just follow the smell of delicious food!" He teased his new friend, one fof which he had suddenly become quite fond.

-[member=:Epistor"]-

Epistor giggled at that suggestion. "Maybe that was what Acrenon meant after all..." she mused, mostly to herself. Maybe the smell of her lunch is what allowed him to find her when she was far out in the plains, almost lost and at the mercy of her wandering flock.

But, it also probably held true here in the Rest. Baking and cooking, she had found to be a very nice connection to home. She could imagine preparing dishes with her mother and sister, her brother stealing tastes during the process for he was to impatient to wait for the food to be done, as her father did. In such, something was nearly always cooking when she had the time to devote to and watch over it, even if it just was a fragrant mix of herbs boiling as incense.

"Then, it seems, I may have taken to the wrong path," she joked lightly. "Unless Master Nooran can teach me the ways of a Jedi cook."

The she cleared her throat, preparing to change the topic. "Speaking of my Master, she's ask me to take up a meditation regimen. I have shied away from it for a few days passed, but I should be really getting to it now, before we travel to Illum..." She trailed off, being somewhat unsure how to not make excusing herself like this sound rude. She decided that it would be best to share her true feelings of this garden encounter.

"I have much enjoyed spending the afternoon with you," she explained. "May we meet again soon."

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
Pash's smile brightened at the sound of Epistor's laughter, though he didn't understand her murmered comment, curious as to whom Acrenon was. That was a question for another time. He laughed in turn at the athlete's jest about being a jedi cook. The laugther and jokes seemed to seal their afternoon together, as neatly as one might seal the intimate words of a letter within an envelope.

The subject shifted again, this time to one Pash knew would come. Epistor had her meditations to perform. She was on Kashyyyk as a learner of the Jedi ways, after all. He did not take offense, but admired her commitment to follow the instructions of Master Nooran. The Matuaki's gaze met again the crisp orbs of the Sargus Novian, believing her sentiment about their time together, and sharing in them.

"Me too, it was an afternoon well spent." He agreed. Pash's smile again took a wry cant. "Epistor of Sargus Novis, we will most certainly meet again soon." With that, the Matukai stood tall with his wan shen in hand, bowing slightly to the Jedi. "Until next time, my friend." He offered. His urge was to take her hand, or embrace, such was the closeness their conversations had drawn them But he did not wish to overstep bounds, or fail at decorum and put off his new companion. The smile that spread to his cerulean eyes would have to suffice in proving his appreciation.

After their farewells, Pash returned to gather his cloak, and wend his own way back.

-[member="Epistor"]-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom