Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garden Retreat

Pash Tafo

P
Planet: Kashyyk

The garden was lush, but the rich flora was carefully maintained, its manicured lines naturally enhancing the aesthetics of the flowering plants, instead of giving the appearance of restriction and containment. The design complemented the landscape of Kashyyk beyond the lake on one side and the massive trees and mountains that surrounded the Silver Temple on the other. The pleasant fragrances, the fresh breeze, it brought a caress of serenity to Pash's spirit.

He had found a circular open area that served as a junction between several stone paths. He could have easily performed the ritual at the training grounds, where room was ample for the sweeping arcs of the pole arm next to him. But the intent that day was not to hone combat prowess, but to amplify the Force within him. Though, as a Matukai, the two tasks were essentially one in the same.

The pressure he felt in his head had long ago been rendered irrelevant. His muscled arms quivered only slightly, the corded bundles holding Pash up as his body stood erect, upside down, resting on his hands. His unruly mane hung around his face, his eyes closed as he felt the pain of joint and limb. He was clad in loose fitting green pants, a sleeveless vest over his torso. A robe, similar to a Jedi's lay over a stone bench nearby.

Pash has stood thus for over an hour and a half, using the discomfort as a tool to focus his meager connection with the Force, allowing it to penetrate his tissue and bone, amplified by the single-minded concentration of the Matukai ritual.

Finally, Pash's legs began to fold slowly, without a measure of swaying, until his hips bent and his boots pressed to the stone beneath him. Equally paced, he stood up straight, only opening his eyes when his spine was again erect. Then, without so much as a glance downward, the tip of his boot tucked beneath the haft of the weapon laying beside him and launched it upward into his waiting hand.

Crisp air filled the man's lungs, exhaled with gratitude. Taking the wan shen in his hands, Pash stood stock still for a moment, the long, broad single-edged head of the weapon aimed skyward, as if poised to burst into motion. And then it did.

Pash's body became a blur of shifting feet and pumping arms, the wan shen whirling in a pattern that gave the appearance of a silver dome around the Matukai as the weapon was weilded with astonishing speed and precision.

[member="Epistor"]

Epistor walked quietly down one of the stone paths that eventually conjoined at the particular clearing in which Pash trained. Her intention was not to be like a Shadow now, she did not wish to sneak up on the one she hoped she could now call a friend. So, as she neared the Matukai, she made an effort to bring her sandaled feet down on the stones a little harder than she naturally did when she walked. She actually had no idea if Pash was strong enough in the Force to pick out her presence approaching or not, but when weapons were involved she had learned to practice caution.

In her hands, in front of her chest, was a relatively small kylix goblet, one of the many things she had brought from her world, meant to keep her company in a place that was still quite strange to her, though it had been nothing short of friendly, warm, and welcoming thus far.

The container held a good amount of barley water still, the preferred drink to her other than the occasional, celebratory wine. Epistor had been in a nearby alcove with it, taking a short break from her own physical exercise regimen to meditate. She had been interrupted by a curious, fast-passed rustling a ways off, probably accompanied by low grunting, and she left to investigate rather than ignoring it and recentering herself like one might have argued she should have done.

Admittedly, she had thought it a strange type of bird. She was still not accustomed to Kashyyk, and had seen very little outside of the Rest. But she could not help the grin that broke across her face when she saw that she had been wrong.

She had left her own robe, more like a cape, in her room, along with her lightsaber, but she had her discus and dagger strapped to the belt of her tunic-armor.

"You are very impressive, my lord," she called out, battling with the giggle bubbling up in her throat. She meant it, he was, but she was no stranger to good-natured jesting.

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
His body and the wan-shen that he wielded were like a gyro-antenna of sorts, the fluid motion, the concentration of mind that brought both focus and serenity, the physical exertion of sinew and muscle, the pumping course of living blood and firing nerves brought the Force into every fiber of Pash's being. It rang through him, telling him every inch of tissue that made up his physique, honing its strength and power.

As adept as Pash was at summoning the Force within himself, his Matukai discipline limited its power to the confines of his physical form. Unlike the Jedi, who can stretch awareness out into the world around them through the Force, Pash could not. Thus, he was not aware of the woman's approach until her words reached his ears.

The weapon came to an abrupt halt, as did his body, struck in a pose fit for battle, the wan-shen poised to strike. But there was no threat in the azure gaze that met her gilded hazel eyes, nor in the welcoming smile that crept across his face.

The static posture released and Pash bowed with a flourish, as a thespian would at the end of a play. "You are most gracious, milady." The Matukai stood tall again, taking several steps towards the padawan. Epistor, cup in hand, was clad in her tunic armor, now more apparent without her robes. It afforded him a look at her limbs, which were clean with lean muscles, betraying her athletic nature.

"And what brings you out to the Temple Garden this afternoon, young Jedi?" Pash asked, leaning on his pole arm.

Pash's current pose instantly reminded her of the stance she frequently fell into as a shepherd, leaning on her staff and overlooking her flock. Mostly, she did it when she was suffering of boredom, but Pash could not look further from it. And she was happy; she strove to be good company.

“Would you care for refreshment?” she asked first, all intention to answer his question, as she rose the cup in offering to him. “I am not sick.” Predicting a comment about her habitual generosity--though, in their two meetings, he might not be able to see so clear a pattern in it yet, but rather an affinity--she smiled up at him and commented with a half-chuckle at herself, “I like to give, let it be.”

If he accepted the drink or not, Epistor answered, “Training. Physical training, mostly. I have barely missed a day since ten, not even the holidays. I have faith my gods will forgive me."

She turned, but only for a brief moment, to point in the general direction she had come: another small clearing behind an obstructive, manicured bush. "I was there until I...I--I thought you a strange bird." A slight frown, now, painted Epistor's soft and often joyful face, but she was, in small part, finding her mistake humorous, at least internally. "Oh, please, do not hold that against me."

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
Pash indeed could not be further from boredom. He didn't mind that Epistor had interrupted his rituals, in fact, he was delighted. The Sargus Novian had proved to be good company at their first meeting, and the 'another time' they had jokingly bantered about during that conversation had been anxiously awaited by the Lothalian.

The painted goblet in the padawan's hands was offered, the sharing of her beverage generously made. Epistor claimed to be healthy, as if Pash would refuse should he suspect the cup carried infection. He had no such worry. Epistor was the picture of health, with sun-kissed skin and bright eyes, her physique carried with a confident, erect posture. Like-wise, the minor afflictions that could be transmitted by a shared drink he was usually able to kill with the Force alone.

"Gracious and generous..." The Matukai offered as he took the goblet, " thank you." Pash answered as he lifted the cup and sipped. It was a drink with which he was not familiar, the flavor the hint of grain and earth. It was refreshing, wetting a throat parched from physical exertion.

Pash's head craned to see the area Epsitor indicated, noting her diligence to training. There was a side of her he knew he had yet to meet, aside from the charming, generous woman he knew so far. Luckily he had already swallowed when she compared him to a strange bird, for he burst out laughing. The woman's face betrayed her dismay at her comparison, but Pash found it humorous.

"Don't worry, you are not the first to think me a strange bird." He teased her with a broad smile and kind eyes. Pash held the cup out to its owner. "I like that. Thanks again."

"I am curious as to the type of training you were doing over there, would you be willing to demonstrate for me?" He asked. It was clear that Epistor came from a strong culture, for it clung to her while others among the Order migrated to a more common style. Pash wanted to learn more about Epistor of Phasekion.

Epistor's smile was somewhat distorted into a grimace as she could not help but furrow her brow at Pash's request. It seemed strange to her. "But of course," she said. "I warn you though, it is a bit tedious and, to you, might appear strange." For the latter, she spoke of her offerings to, mainly in this case, the Novious god of athleticism, Triompas. It was shocking to the few that saw her when she actively worshiped any of her gods. It confused her, admittedly, but if it made others uncomfortable she felt obligated to protect their comfort. Still, her culture did not allow her to skip over Triompas' libations simply because of inconvenience. She would not feel right to omit such a crucial step.

Accepting her goblet, Epistor stepped back. "I will return," she offered before retreating to a respectable distance in case the Matukai would not care for her own ritual. In fact, he most likely would not mind, and might even like to see, considering she had interrupted him--maybe she was just too careful.

Slowly taking to one knee, and then the other, Epistor set the kylix down upon the ground and drew her steel dagger. With it, she traced a small circle, though the shape was hidden by the garden's lush grass. Next, she drew a line down the middle, vertically. She leaned forward slightly, muttering something. If Pash did come closer, he could make it out:

"Triompas Engnagasius,
Blessed twin of Trophimus,
For whom all athletic games are won,
I enter into a ring of my own
For you to enjoy.

If my performance fails to
Please You,
Forgive me,
Move in me, and show me,
So that I might emend
And streghten."

​She still found it strange to pray is her new tongue, Basic, rather than her mother Cymoth, but she truly thought the transition best if the Rest was to be her home. Similarly, her next prayer was maybe inapplicable, as she was on a new planet, but she made it nonetheless.

"And Sargus,
The skin I walk upon,
May your hide thicken
Under my feet,
That I might remain grounded.

Both, drink."

She picked up and rose the cup, pouring in out twice over her circle. Only then, did she lift it further to her own lips and take a small sip.

"So have I."

Only then did she stand again and either return to Pash or remain where she was, depending on if he had moved or not when she had. With a flash of a fun-loving smile from that other side of her, she was off to one of the trees bordering the clearing. When she was directly below a bowed limb of it, she jumped up, and turned herself around to meet blue eyes. "This is quite boring compared to your training," she huffed before beginning to pull herself up. She did not stop until her chin was above the branch, half-hiding her face in the leaves, where she held for a breath before letting herself down and releasing her arms. Again, jump up, grab, pull, hold, let down, drop down. Again.

It did not take long for additional sweat to form on Epistor's forehead, but in all other ways she did not look particularly tired--her breath controlled, her heart beat fast but steady, her arms also steady excepting the taunt muscles as they flexed to pull her body up.

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
Pash was undeterred by the suggestion that he may find Epistor's regimen tedious or strange. He simply offered a small smile as she took the cup from him. The warrior watched as she took the goblet a ways off, leaning on his weapon, one foot lifting to rest against the inside of the opposite knee.

But when she knelt, the Matukai understood that it was a religious ritual she was to perform. Intrigued, he crept quietly closer, enough to listen. Pash observed the ceremony with an admirable appreciation. The words, and offering bound with it, seemed more than some rote practice coming from Epistor, it was a beautiful sentiment to her gods.

Epsitor's sudden playful smile and hasty retreat caught Pash off guard, and he laughed as he ran after her. He watched her leap to grasp the limb, seeing her hazel gaze flash as she began her routine. The Matukai pace around Epistor a moment, studying her strength, admiring the ripple of lean muscle corded around her arms, the line of strong sinew in legs that bent to launch her upward again. As lovely, intelligent and kind as Epistor and been thus far, he now could see a glimpse of the woman's true athleticism. The small beads of sweat that graced her brow was the only proof that her body felt any exertion.

"Doesn't look boring at all!" He declared, collapsing and sheathing the pole arm and finding another branch near by, jumping to catch it. He too began the exercise, his muscles already warmed, imbued with the Force after his rituals. He matched Epistor's pace. It was true, doing the routine alone was not as exciting as whirling his wan-shen, but performing it with the fit Sargus Novian was quite thrilling.

-[member="Epistor"]-

Epistor offered a scoff, but kept the same playful smile on her lips. She corrected, “Well, then, I think it boring. I’d rather be wresting with a Sargusian ram.” She began panting ever-so-slightly as she gave one more set of five repetitions. Once she was back on the ground, she bent down into a squat, but not to transition into another exercise. Rather, she took up the hem of her ruffled, beige skirt and mopped the cloth across her forehead, focusing on where she could feel the sweat gathered. She huffed as she did, “Plus, it’s different to train with something. Anything. Say, a weapon. A dagger,”--the young woman let down her skirt and pushed up off her thighs to help her stand--“a discus, a…” She made another general motion, this time towards him, trying to refer to his wan-shen. “A pole arm.”

The name of the specific weapon was unknown to her, but she did not dwell. Instead, Epistor continued, “It was easier to train on the farm. Always a plow to pull.” That comment earned a short chuckle for herself. “The horses were always glad for the relief, and I for the challenge.”

Suddenly, she looked around the clearing. “I suppose that now I ought to find a boulder…” Humming to herself, Epistor thought it over. “Or a place to practice my throwing…?”

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
Pash kept pace with Epistor, finding her strength and endurance unexpected and impressive. Dropping to the ground as she did, the Matukai warrior drew in a deep breath, reveling in the thrum of energy he felt coursing through the muscles of his arms, back and thighs. He watched as the young Sargus Novian unceremoniously wiped her brow with her skirt, declaring an apparent affinity for wrestling rams and training with a variety of weapons. Pash's smile broadened in appreciation. Physical exertion was not simply a means to stay fit and functional for the Lothalian. It was his path to the Force, it was his religion. To find a woman equally committed to such regimens of strength and stamina was a true joy.

Pash laughed in amazement at the athlete's almost off-hand comment that she relieved the farm horses to pull the plow. Such claims convinced Pash that he would have to see it to believe it, though he had no doubts Epistor told the truth. He believed her a woman of integrity.

The Matukai brushed a strand of hair, damp with sweat, from his face. "I have a hard time seeing you as a beast of burden, Miss Epistor." A rakish grin graced his mouth. Pasah referred to her attractive features, rather than questioning her ability to perform great tasks. "Though I am intrigued by the claim." It was an unspoken challenge. Pash sought to see the true extent of Epistor's physical prowess.

Epistor turned on a heel to look back at Pash. “I would not believe it either, knew I no better,” she laughed. Stepping closer to the Adept so that he could see, she put her palms out chest-height to the clear, blue sky. She took a moment while closing this distance between them to brush at one palm, and then the other, trying to remove the woody debris still stuck to her skin.

Other than a few lingering splinters that she would remove later; small, red patches bordering her palm; and a tiny white scar over the top of her right ring finger, there was little other evidence that she ever did work. “I sand down my callouses,” she admitted. “I am but a little vain.” Up though her eyelashes, she glanced up at Pash, a shy and apologetic smile upon her face. Her gaze flickered down again. “It is my second godly offense.”

“Well,” Epistor then began, lowering her hands, “maybe someday we will be about a plow.” Epistor’s playful nature was again apparent when she tilted her head and grinned widely. “I will take it up and you will be sorry, my lord.”

She backpedaled some distance, where she stood still and closed her eyes, attempting to reach out with the Force. It was the one power she had been shown so far, by her recruiter Erennass. Because of the time she had to practice, she had a relatively strong grasp on Force Sense--as it was called--while she was still a powder keg for others, such as Force Push. With her heightened perception, she recognized no beings in the way and few objects.

With that, she decided that this was in fact an appropriate place to throw, however she waited on taking up her discus. The drills came first. Her legs and arms were already warmed, and she could still feel it, but arguably not enough.

Firstly, the reverse. She fell into some sort of stance, like she was about to take off in a sprint but with her hands on her hips. Then, she pivoted back slowly. As she concentrated, she muttered, “Sargus,” and hopped out on her back, right foot. It landed about where her left had been moments ago, straight and with a safely planted foot, the former now bent in the air.

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
While Epistor picked the slivers of wood from her hands, Pash glanced down at his, open and facing upward. His were well calloused, and had gained no splinters during the exercise. Upon her confession of vanity, Pash's mouth cantered into a crooked smile. In honesty, he found no fault in the desire to maintain a pleasant appearance, or that being a strong athlete should preclude one's femininity. Epistor seemed to strike the balance between both.

"Second godly offense?" The Matukai quipped teasingly, a wry twinkle in his eye, for he was curious as to what was her first. The playful banter continued, much to Pash's delight. The tit for tat between them was growing on him, for it kept fallow the ground for friendship, and permitted the eventual peeling away of the layers that made up the charming Sargus Novian padawan.

While he could not sense it, Pash knew Epistor was reaching with the Force. Her purpose he didn't know, but she seemed satisfied with what she found. A new posture was assumed by the young woman, and Pash, at a safe distance, attempted to mimic it, without the call to Sargus. His Force-tuned body was able to repeat the motion without sway of balance, and he grinned as he watched Epistor.

"I hope you think me no mocker, I find your techniques worth learning. They certainly work for you." Pash added quickly, so as not to interrupt her too much. The Matukai understood that there was a spiritual element to Epistor's routine, and he didn't wish to make light of it. Without it, the motions may not be as effective, but Pash liked trying them along with Epistor nevertheless.

Epistor let out a little laugh at the implication of Pash making fun of her--now it was her turn to not be able to imagine something of him--though her eyes were currently trained on the horizon and she was more or less focused. “Not at all.” She did not feel mocked in the least, but she did suggest, albeit a bit teasing still, “I do feel like I am being tested, though.”

In one swift movement, her right foot came back down, she swung out on her left, her arms spread, and she ended with a pivot, as if she had just launched something over the trees. Her eyes narrowed as they tracked the invisible object.

After the imaginary projectile fell out of her view, she stepped her feet back together and turned about. As she did, she reached down to take her discus out of its sling. With it in a strong grip, her fingers spread over what looked to be the top, she began to loosen up her wingspan. "I think they work," she offered. "I suspect that fate lead me to the right sport. Strong arms, I can only assume, will lend themselves well to wielding a lightsaber."

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
Yet another grin flashed for Epistor. Maybe, in a way, she was being tested. There was no golden standard by which Pash would judge the Sargus Novian, no criteria she would have to meet to gain some approval, acceptance or admiration from the Matukai warrior. Epistor already had garnered all three. The testing was simply one Pash kept to himself, to learn all that Epistor could do, what she was capable of. He had found few peers equal to his prime physical condition. It was not a point of pride for the Matukai, it was what was required by the Force path he followed. To find someone as passionate about discovering the full capacities of the body, and committed to the honing of their own to such high performance, was a boon Pash would not easily pass up.

As finely tuned as his physique was, his form fell apart as he tried to follow the curious moves Epistor performed. It appeared to be the technique used to throw her discus, which she removed from its sling. Her hand easily took to it, as if it were a glove. Strong, slender fingers spread over it, the tips gripping the curved edge. Pash thought it looked awkward for throwing, but in the hands of the female athlete, it looked as if Epistor were born with it in her crib.

Pash took several steps back as Epistor further loosened up, her lean, muscled arms spread and stretching in preparation. He found he was anticipating the display, seeing Epistor so much in her element that he remained quiet, an anxious spectator.

Currently, the wind was still in the garden, but piety coaxed Epistor to invoke Metioch, asking him to control the breeze, that her discus might remain on the course she set it on.

Again, she turned her back on Pash and, taking a few steps forward, flourished her discus in front of her in a figure eight--a final warm-up. It was somewhat ironic to her. Rather it would be, once she had time to reflect after her throw. On Sargus Novis, she had preformed more than once at the Triompas gymnasium in the capital in front of at least half of the planet's small population, but now was when she felt the most nervous.

She exhaled, slow and long in preparation, as she fell into a similar by distinct form: legs apart a large step, the right ahead of the left, knees bent, her shoulders twisted and torso leaned forward to put most of her weight on her leading foot. Her arms were spread, in addition, her left reached straight out in line with her gaze, and the disc in her right extended far behind her. It looked almost painful, if the visibility of her shoulder muscles betrayed the truth.

​She wasted no time at all; the next, anticipated event happened almost too fast for one to break it into separate steps. Maybe the Matukai warrior would be able to, as he was versed in the body's physical capabilities, but most could not. That was, in part, why discus-throwing was a popular sport to the Sargus Novians. It looked like a graceful dance to them.

Her left leg the point of rotation, she lifted her lead and swung around. Epistor had traced less than half a circle when she launched off her grounded leg. However, she only remained completely airborne for a moment, her right leg connecting with the ground first. As she landed, she made a quick pivot, her shoulders following her feet. Her arms did as well, but swung up with the building momentum. Finally, she released. The discus sailed up high into the air, spinning over the forest before them.

Epistor stepped her feet together and brushed her wispy bangs out of her face. Good sportsmanship, often stoic, was to be striven for by all athletes of her homeworld, and she often carried her performances with it. But here, in a fresh setting, without her people, she could not help but left out a joyous laugh.

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

((OOC: In case you'd like a visual, here's a video. Just the Perez part.))

Pash Tafo

P
It was clear to the Matukai Adept that this activity was one Epistor took seriously, yet found joy in performing. She reminded him of the athletes in the Stratis Games he had seen as a boy when his family lived for a short time on Hallrin IV. Seeing the feats of strength and speed of those competitors gave new inspiration to the young Pash as his parents began his training as a Matukai apprentice.

Pash watched in admiration as Epistor sharpened her concentration. She assumed the stance he had mimicked during her practice. But the motion Pash found awkward to complete, suddenly appeared smooth and powerful. The technique took her body and literally coiled it like a spring, held taut until the moment of release.

When Epistor sprang into motion, it was kinetic energy released in power and grace. Every aspect of her fit physique, poised with stored potential, uncoiled and moved to build momentum behind the discus in her hand. There was a beautiful harmony in feet finding traction, strong thighs leveraging the ground for purchase, the flexed muscles that stretched across her back and shoulders releasing, free arms whirling to maintain balance and create more torque, and the firm strength of her core the center of energy driving it all.

At the culmination, at the precise moment Epistor deemed there was maximum force behind the discus and the trajectory would fall within the range of her imagined target, the discus slipped from her hold to launch into the sky, streaking over the tops of the trees beyond them.

"Whoo!" Pash exclaimed, his hands brought together for a loud, single clap. He laughed as well, finding the entire spectacle invigorating. What had sounded like a simple game, throwing a round wooden disc, had proven to be quite a feat to behold.

The Matukai stepped up next to Epistor, his eyes cast out towards the trees. "I have never seen a discus competition, but I am imagining that would be considered a very good throw?" He remarked, turning to Epistor with a toothy grin. "That truly was poetry in motion, milady."

((OOC: I am quite familiar with this, my daugther was a shot and discus thrower!))

Epistor rose a hand to shield her eyes from the sun and gazed further after her discus, until it fell into the forest canopy and out of sight. She shrugged and dropped her hand back to her side. “If I was to judge myself purely subjectively, it is not my best throw.” The short answer to Pash’s question was yes: it would be considered a good throw. But without an unobstructed playing field with the ability to easily gauge how far one truly had thrown, she could only estimate the distance she had covered. Therefore, not her best.

Despite her own harsh judgement of herself, she smiled when Pash turned towards her with his compliment. “Thank you.”

Then, she declared, “I am going to retrieve it. Come along if you please, otherwise I will return soon.” And, leaving the invitation open, she was off in the general direction of her discus, something she had noted during its flight.

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
Epistor, as Pash would have imagined, was rather modest about the throw. It was not mock humility though, she was not the kind to play such games. It was difficult to truly judge the distance due to the trees. It might prove to be equally difficult to find the discus in the towering forests as well.

"I think you might need my help." Pash replied with a crooked grin. He joined Epistor as she headed towards the trees. Pash found it to be a fine time to learn more about his companion.

"So, how does an athlete from Sargus Novia become a Jedi?" I asked as they tread along. Truth be told, the Matukai was still learning the basics about how anyone became a Jedi. Prior to his arrival at Silver Rest, his knowledge of the Jedi were anecdotal. But joining the Silver Jedi as a non-Jedi, it behooved Pash to learn their ways.

-[member="Epistor"]-

Frowning only slightly at the question, Epistor answered, “She half-destroys the gymnasium at Idridri by use of the Force.” It was one of her less-pleasant memory of home, but she could not tell what part angered her more--being taken by surprise, or leveling part of what was arguably her favorite place on the whole planet after the observatory at Thyreid.

It was no matter. She shook the feeling off her with a light sigh, and continued to explain, “The town guard had been paid to attack me by a couple of jealous discus throwers,” She paused as she came upon a tree stump, and stepped easily onto and back off of it to keep on her current path. “I was unarmed, but,”--she glanced over at Pash, and rose one forearm to knock on its gauntlet with the fist of her other’s hand--“I had a defense.

"More than one, actually,” she added with reference to the Force, “though of it I had no idea. The Jedi the Order sent for me told me that my unconscious reached out when I was most desperate and touched something.” Another sigh was generated from Epistor. “It was instinct I suppose, like when one is so hungry that they may eat grubs. Or make a weapon out of something that is not traditionally one.” She motioned to a nearby stone for an example as she made her latter point.

“And then she had to convince her people to let her leave with a stranger,” she added. “It is normally unproblematic to unify Sargus Novis on governmental decisions, but in this case...it was something of a--how do you say?--controversy. Master Erannass was, by some, seen as a messenger from the demigod Aenuleth, master of the Star-Seas. Others, not so convinced." Then she paused, wringing out her hands in front of her.

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Pash Tafo

P
The two entered the wood towards the discus' estimated landing spot. Pash was using the idle time to learn more about Epistor, how she became a Jedi. Most all of them had some unique story regarding their selection by the Jedi, and how their lives changed drastically. Epistor's was one such tale.

The Matukai could see in her frown, hear in her steady voice the slight solemnity of her words. The Sargus Novian's revelation of the Force was destructive and traumatic. Pash had gathered that Epistor loved being an athlete, and certainly her sport meant a lot to her, perhaps the world to her. One unfortunate incident shook a world, shattered hers, and lead her into the bosom of the Jedi Order.

Pash leaped atop a giant fallen tree trunk, skittered down it deftly before jumping to land lightly to the forest floor. Epistor had been friendly and open with him, fanning his curiosity and urging him to delve a bit deeper. He hoped she didn't mind.

"Do you resent it, what happened, that you are becoming a Jedi?" He cast a sidelong glance at Epistor, to gauge whether he was pushing to far.

-[member="Epistor"]

"It is...complicated," Epistor replied. "The former, yes. No one was hurt, by some miracle, and I am glad for it. Geleon and Pharnaces and Kriton were misled by anger or by greed, and that may make them bad, but they are still my kinsmen." She sighed. "And, as for the latter, how could I?"

Epistor turned back, and knit her brow when her gaze was again trained on the destination in front of her. She rose her hands to chest-height, palms to the sky, and looked them over. "I can barely control this power," she added. "I am beginning to learn to. I miss my family, but I...at least they are safe and will be if ever I return."

Only then did she glance back, offering a small smile that did not seem quite reassuring nor did it seem entirely forlorn. "Anyway, I am glad I have this new life. It has been good to me thus far. Thus I see no reason to complain."

~ [member="Pash Tafo"] ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom