Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Masters & Campaigns

Game Masters are our version of Dungeons & Dragons' "Dungeon Master." Essentially, the Game Master controls the majority of the story, the environment, and the NPCs, whereas the players are only roleplaying their characters. You're living out the Game Master's story in the Star Wars RP: Chaos universe. He'll have conflicts for you to engage in, NPCs for you to interact with, but you control your character - and your actions. If anyone's played Dungeons & Dragons before, it's a very exciting and methodical way to role-play.

All Game Master'd games will now be located in the "Star Wars: Campaigns" forum, and you can now use the two new prefixes "Looking For Players" and "Looking For GM" to either request people join your game, or to request a Game Master start a certain type of game. These can be any sort of games. You can travel to the past and experience different alternative endings of the Star Wars Trilogies, or you can roleplay in the now, and have your Game Master create a completely new plot for you. I wish to emphasize the point that you ONLY control your character, and no other. No NPCs, no nothing. Just your character.

Now, I'm up for any questions concerning the new Star Wars: Campaigns forum in this thread, as well as any suggestions.

Other than that - potential future GMs, you're free to now begin creating your Roleplay Advertisements and creating roleplays in the Star Wars: Campaigns forum.

Hey, Tef since you said "You can travel to the past and experience different alternative endings of the Star Wars Trilogies," Does that mean that GMs can create characters for people to use or at least simply specify roles like: Stormtrooper Sergeant, Thyfferran Smuggler, Outer Rim Mercenary and stuff like that leaving writers to breath life into those roles giving them backstories, abilities and so on as if creating a character but already having a base/outline of it ?

"Just for that, your entire party falls into hell. Roll to see how painfully you die."

It should be emphasized that GMs are ALLOWED to god mode, and it's even encouraged. Many a campaign has ended in the mountains from falling rocks because someone ticked off the GM. This is okay. lol Though killing would probably be discouraged unless it's specifically posted that this game doesn't affect anything in-universe and is purely for fun.

I haven't played D&D before so I was just curious - how exactly would this work? Would the thread basically be the GM saying "you go here and meet X", people then react to X with their characters? Does the GM need to have a strict storyline for the campaign or can they basically have a start point and an end goal, and just react to what people do in between? I am very excited for this but I want to know how much planning I'm going to have to do before giving it a shot ;)

Basically one player assumes the role of the game master, they typically control everything except the actions of the players. They provide the scenario as well as story challenges the players would encounter.
Now GMing varies from different gms, I like to have a starting point and an end point, everything in between is done on the fly. The long games I run offer players total freedom to do whatever they like. The short games however usually have a start and finish in mind. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom