Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Gamarita

Status
Not open for further replies.
344cj6q.jpg

Image Source: Final Fantasy FFIX art

Intent: To create a healing product that can be used instead of Bacta/Kolto while being more effective, along with adding an item to the G.H Corporation

Development Thread: Meeting the Grutt

Manufacturer: G.H Corporation, Illustrio Industries

Model: Gamarita

Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: No

Production: Minor

Material: Genetic material, Synthetic materials

Description: Gamarita is very much similar to Grambrosia in many ways, but is unique in its own way. IT really is nothing but a byproduct from the research Viru and Grudge had done in creating Grambrosia. Gamarita comes in many shapes and forms from pills, to patches similar to bacta. However it is slightly more effective and is cheaper to produce than bacta. Effectively speeding up the production of cells Gamarita has been known to help cure things from diseases, cure poisons, and even help one regrow limbs. These are nowhere near instant however, though still faster than one would heal when submerged or given bacta. However unlike bacta and kolto one can not submerge themselves in Gamarita, it must be directly ingested or injected into the bloodstream. Healing times have been known to vary depending on how deep or severe the wound is, but through Gamarita one can even regrow limbs in under a month due to the increased cellular regeneration rate. Upon entering the body a virus cell will attach itself to cells restructuring them into stem cells that will multiply and restructure themselves to increase the Host's cellular regeneration. Along with the virus an antibody is injected as well to increase bodily functions and hold the virus at bay to keep things such as cancerous cells from forming. Light wounds have been known to disappear in minutes while serious ones such as internal damage can be fixed in a matter of days. It does have a slight anti-aging effect but it won't revert one to youth like Grambrosia, instead it may simply give one a youthful appearance. With Gamarita the healing times of soldiers can be cut down, those that lost their limbs through misfortune or battle will have them again. The crippled will be able to walk. Gamarita is what the galaxy needs. One must remain vigilant when taking Gamarita as it is highly addictive and can lead to those who abuse it to forming cancerous cells. Similar to Grambrosia any attempts to reverse engineer or tamper with it will lead to the virus cells destroying themselves.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Viru Lentus"]

OK, so you've made something comparable to kolcta, but even more powerful. Much more effective than bacta? Cheaper to produce? Mass-produced? For something that regrows limbs? With thirteen posts of dev? With no weaknesses or limitations whatsoever? Just doesn't fly, man. So let's get this thing into shape so you can have the pretty purple bottle do more or less what you want it to do. Here's what you're going to need:
  • Drop production to limited.
  • Do another 20 posts of dev.
  • This is a brand-new pharmaceutical. You're going to need at least two serious medical drawbacks.
  • Remove the 'cheaper to produce than bacta.'
  • Nerf the language about regrowing limbs in days.
Sorry to draw a hard line, but you get why this needs some love, right?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

I see some of your points. I thought more Dev would be needed and I'll do that. Two serious medical drawbacks I can add. However dropping production to limited seems to make very little sense as this is something that can literally be created in a Vat instead of having to harvest very specific supplies like Bacta, or be harvested like Kolto. I'd say minor would be at least a bit more preferable as if new companies can go create weapons and grenades in mass or minor, why couldn't a company create medical supplies as such? It would also be cheaper to produce than bacta as instead of needing entire vials, and can be created synthetically. Though I do have other ideas on how it can be created that would make it cheaper and had been implemented in the old EU. The growing limbs back in days I will get rid of.

[member="Viru Lentus"]

Kk. Let's see what we've got here.

Viru Lentus said:
However it is much more effective and cheaper to produce than bacta.
I'm still not wild about this for only a dozen posts of dev, even with the drawbacks you've listed, which are significant. Can you dial back this language somewhat like we talked about?

Also, for minor production, I think we're looking at another 15 posts. Sound fair?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Yea the extra dev feels fair for something of this nature. Though it would be more effective than bacta and it would be cheaper to produce. Cellular acceleration is something that would be more effective than bacta and cheaper. As i pointed out while bacta for severe injuries one would have to bathe in a entire Vat of it for awhile. While with this they simply inject themselves with a few needles, wait a bit and voila. As I said there were ways to implement such things to make it cheaper, mainly if you look at the heir to the empire novels and how the Noghri's homeworld was infected by the grass that was created by the kholme grass the empire produced. It would be simple to make a mutated plant infected with the necessary virus that when placed in certain substances, preferably liquid would exude the chemicals that are necessary to create the medicine. That's just one way and after creating a few plants would be vastly cheaper.

[member="Viru Lentus"]

I love those novels. Even with the Honoghr grass, though, the whole thing was constantly getting re-poisoned by legions of droids, so we're talking about something comparable to mass-produced agriculture -- same as bacta.

Anyways, we'll take another look at effectiveness, cost, and production level once you've finished your dev. Tag me when you're ready.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

It would still be cheaper to produce than Bacta needs to come from three separate sources. All which need to be gathered, not to mention any fees that come from transporting those ingredients or that is taxed on them. Then it still has to be synthesized. While Bacta does in fact speed of cell recovery and growth most of the time its not injected directly into the bloodstream or into the site of damage. All of these are ways in which it would be cheaper to produce than Bacta. Its not cheaper to produce than Kolto. Also since I drew on creating a synthetic algae that created the virus and tainted whatever water source it was put in the only thing one would have to worry about is it growing out of control. Which would happen quite often, but it should still at least produce enough that it can be qualified as minor.

Does the fact that there are two companies now involved with it change anything? Also if its about potential abuse of it one wouldn't be able to really spam use of these in combat or during battle as the pain that accompanies an injection would be enough to put them out of commission. Not to mention the vast increase in metabolic rate. They'd be useless on the battlefield.

[member="Viru Lentus"]

You're using a tier 1 and a tier 2 to justify a self-propagating substance that makes stem cell regen happen and can regrow limbs. This is also giving my medical buddies hives.

That said, you did do quite a bit of extra dev, plus it's addictive, hurts like heck, makes your metabolism freak out to the point where you can't fight, and gives you cancer.

Know what? I don't knuckle under often, but I think I will this time. All yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom