Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Galaar-class Shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image:
e80923db3ad8fe4d878f506547c0e7eb.jpg

Credit: Nym182; Eve Online Create a Starship submission

Intent: To create a sturdy, reliable shuttle that brings both luxury and utility to the Open Market

Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: Galaar-class Heavy Shuttle (“Hawk” in Galactic Basic)
Affiliation: Mandalorian Navy, Hyperion Security, Open Market,
Modularity: Yes; Modular cargo areas
Production: Mass Production
Material: Alusteel, Durasteel, and other common construction materials,

Description:
Originally conceived as a luxury yacht, the Galaar-class Heavy Shuttle is a beautiful ship inside and out. But when similar programs launched by competitors failed to take hold on the open market, Mandal Hypernautics began searching for alternative uses for the time and development they had already invested into the model. Far too small and with far less cargo space than the ever popular light freighter, the design struggled to find its niche. Attempting to broaden the potential audience the ship would appeal to, designers incorporated modular passenger spaces and cargo bays. Eventually settling on the shuttle designation, designers removed the spaces for office work, entertainment, relaxation, and socialization that were present on the VIP model and replaced these spaces with efficient seating areas, communal dining facilities, racked sleeping areas, and an expanded cargo bay.

Two rows of 12 center facing seats line the walls in the main compartment of the shuttle. The cockpit is located on an elevated section at the center of the ship and includes spaces for a pilot, co-pilot, system operator, three gunners, and coms/navigation officer. The military variants of the ship includes six laser cannons in addition to the standard two ion cannons. Civilian variants of this shuttle instead offer additional passenger luxuries with the space and power those weapon systems take up.

Classification: Shuttle
Role: Recon/Infiltration Shuttle
Height: 12 meters
Width: 8 meters
Length: 36 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 2 (10 backup)
Minimum Crew: 4
Optimal Crew: 7

Armaments:
(2) Light Ion Cannons (Front)
(6) Laser Cannons (4 Front, 2 Rear)

Hangar: None

Non-Combative Attachments:
Deflector Shielding
Short-Range HoloNet Transceiver
Standard Sensor Suite; including Aural Sensor

Passenger Capacity: 24 Occupants
Cargo Capacity: 100 Tons
Consumables: 2 Months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 4

Found a new image (by the same guy oddly enough). I like the glowy green thing on the nose. Though I'm still trying to figure out what I want the thing on the nose to be. For now, I dropped the bomb bay and adjusted the size of the width/height to match the image.

Green thing doesn't have to be anything.
Second paragraph is still about the bomb bay and I'd like some more on the lasers such as positioning and grouping, some shuttles have rear guns after all.
Put down what the cargo capacity with passengers is as well and bump the speed to 4.
@[member="Captain Larraq"]

@[member="Domino"]

As much as I wanted to keep the original concept intact, I just couldn't get myself to see the replacement image as a shuttle. So I went out and found another picture. While it does a much better job of looking like a shuttle, it is nothing like the multi-role vehicle that I originally had in mind. The sensor mask is gone and its just... bleh. to me, it just looks like a copy and paste shuttle. I'm extremely disappointed with how this sub has turned out. The original version of this was actually going to become Larraq's defacto transport as he went around on business trips and military operations alike. Now? Its just a shuttle with a MH logo on it to shove in a hanger bay.

All the same, it should be good to go. Just means I have to go find something else for Larraq to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom