Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction GA Outpost Building: Daxam II

latest.png

It wasn't often that a general call was put out over GA holonet. But the woman behind the call had never been one for conventional ways. Jonyna Si, Jedi Knight, had put out a general bulletin. Come to Daxam II, repairmen, jedi, and general diplomats of all sorts. Given the planet's distance from GA space, she figured anyone and everyone who was willing to come would make their way out towards the edge of the galaxy.

Anyone entering the system would find a planet locked in the center of an asteroid belt, leaving an obstacle course to weave through first before even entering the planet's atmosphere. But once inside the planet's sphere, they'd find the coordinates provided led them deep into the endless jungle of the planet to a cave opening nearly as large as a canyon in the side of a mountain cliff. The message sent out was pretty clear, if not a little puzzling.

To All Jedi and Diplomats: The planet's inhabitants are tribal and primitive. Setting up friendly relations is a necessity for the furtherment of the base.

To Any Technically minded GA Individuals:
The Base is in desperate need of repair. Within the cave system is a derelict Rebel Base, and two ships that Jonyna Si is in need of assistance bringing back up to snuff before they can ever hope of flying.

To Any other GA personal looking for a chance to relax: The Base does have a open space and a spring within the cave that can be used for social space. Come help and tidy up the place while hanging out!

Jonyna herself had set up herself cleaning what was left of the base. Between finding it more or less in total disrepair and overrun with dust, her sensitive cat nose needed that to be dealt with pronto before she could even think of anyone living here. Luckily, the Force acted as an amazing feather duster in the moment. Now she simply needed to wait for anyone and everyone to arrive. She'd hope no one would cause trouble, but if her instincts were right, she'd be able to fight off anyone who did.

Wynne Trescol

W

"Ah. We shall be arriving shortly, Initiate. I trust you are prepared?"

Wynne stared up at the Nautolan Knight that she was meant to be accompanying. She knew absolutely nothing about this planet, except that it was far away. She had absolutely no idea what she was meant to be doing, except something to do with 'natives.' And why she'd been dragged along, barely four weeks after joining the Jedi Order... well...

"I don't know how much good I'll be?" Wynne finally offered, looking up in confusion.

"Ah, but you're down as potential for our Diplomatic and Outreach training,"
the Knight shared with a smile. Wynne stared up at him in disbelief. "They say you're good with languages!"

"Yeah but... that doesn't mean..."

"And your parents worked for Alliance civil service so you're obviously suited. A rich family history of service!"

"No but y'see I don't wanna..."

"Later, Initiate, we're landing," the Knight told her, hushing her. Instead, he checked his own robes and the saber hanging from his belt, running a finger over one of his tendrils. Preening himself like he was about to be presented with a medal. Wynne rolled her eyes and grabbed her pack as the shuttle landed.

After the shuttle ride, Wynne and the knight embarked on what he described as a 'brief jungle sojourn.' Two hours later, they had finally come to the base, deep in the cavern. Approaching a figure in the distance, the Nautolan waved his hand in greeting.

"Hello there! I believe you're expecting some support!" he called out, his voice brash, cheery and loud. "Knight Diegoll. We're you're Native Outreach team." He waved back briefly without looking. "And this is my assistant for this mission, Initiate... Trestyn?"

Wynne followed, looking decidedly worse for her experience. Her dark hair was messy and askew, gleaming with the humidity. Her clothes stuck to her, along with a bunch of dirt from traipsing through the jungle. Her cheeks glowed red as she stared up at the Cathar Jedi who had been waiting in the base.

"Trescol," she corrected, in the tone of someone who'd had to do this plenty of times before. "Hi."
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"Hi. Knight Si." Jonyna offered a welcoming smile. "The natives here are called Azuli, in their own tongue. I've...had some experience with them, but their language has evolved since the last time I saw them." She looked to the initiate, offering a warm wave, like a nice aunt to a child would. "I take it you're good with that kind of thing?"

Wynne Trescol

Tandi found himself walking into a cavern that housed a ruined Rebel base. When he got the call, he contemplated going for a little bit. Sure it would be nice to see Jonyna Si Jonyna Si again, after their spar on New Cov, but Daxam was a little out of the way, and credits were right after he had just bought himself a new set of Robes.

The deciding factor was that Tandi’s passion was anthropology. While each of the sub fields; archaeology, bioanthropology, linguistic anthropology, and social-cultural anthropology; was of interest to Tandi, Archaeology was his true passion. So the chance to explore the old rebel base, AND meet a new species and discover what ruins their civilisation has was basically a sure fire reason for the Jedi Knight to make the trip.
Catching up with an old friend was just a bonus.

“Jonyna!” He called out cheerfully as he saw the Cathar, as he entered the cave. “I hear there’s a new culture that needs documenting and studying.”

"Studying later." Jonyna notes. "First, relations. I wanna turn this place into an outpost for the NJO, some place where jedi can train without the worry of sith or bounty hunters, where we can reconnect with the old ways." She looked between Tandi Preegasa Tandi Preegasa and Wynne Trescol "But first, that means setting up a good reputation with the natives. None of us speak their language, and they only have myths about me and my crew left. We'll need to figure out a way to communicate with them and set up some sort of friendship." She looked at the walls around them. "...This whole cave needs to be looked over. Sylvar knows what materials are deep in the jungle..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom