Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Future of the Jedi

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Tag: Iri Tuteru
After making the decision to alter her focus as a Jedi slightly, Valery had traveled across the Galaxy to encourage other experienced Jedi to become an example for younger generations of Jedi. Training Padawans was, after all, just as vital to the future of the Jedi as the battles on the frontlines with the Brotherhood of the Maw. But this plan also required there to be Padawans to train.
For this reason, she traveled back to Coruscant after not having been there in months.
A message from the Temple had been sent out regarding a young Jedi looking to begin his journey, but with the Jedi fairly scattered, it wasn't always easy to get situated. So in an attempt to help out, she had come to the Temple that still largely lay in ruins.
"Is he inside?" Valery asked a Jedi Knight who greeted her at the landing pad.
"He's waiting in the hall." the man replied with a bow of his head.
Valery offered him a smile and moved into the structure, looking for the Padawan. Once she finally spotted a younger Padawan who seemed to be Pantoran at first glance, she walked over and offered a respectful dip of her head.
"Padawan Tuteru?"
n0m34qi.png

Iri Tuteru

I

Future of the Jedi
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Iri stood within the once great hall of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, the structure itself had been badly damaged in the recent battle, and little of it still remained standing. He had returned to the temple with one goal in mind, continuing his training as a Jedi and advancing to the next step - a Jedi Padawan.

News had recently been sent that he, along with a handful of other force-sensitive were looking for further training, and to speak with more experienced members of the order. So here he stood amongst the rubble, waiting.

His foot kicked a loose rock as he paces back and forth, waiting had never been his strong suit, he was eager to learn and grow and it seemed like the force had other plans for him, causing setback after setback. His attention shifted as a Female jedi entered the hall, it had been who he was waiting for, Master Valery Noble.

He bowed respectfully towards her as she greeted him, returning the offered smile back.

"That's me, and may I have your name, Master..." he trailed off, allowing her to offer forward her name as they exchanged greetings.

n0m34qi.png
"Master Valery Noble. It's a pleasure to meet you."
The woman's smile remained but her eyes briefly shifted to some of the other Jedi nearby, making sure there weren't other students in need of assistance. But seeing there were none as of now, her gaze would settle on the young Pantoran again.
"If what was sent my way is correct, you were looking to continue your training?" she asked for confirmation before she gestured for him to follow her with her head. While they talked, Valery would begin to guide him away from the temple hall, allowing them a bit more privacy but she also intended to bring him along.
Coruscant was no longer the primary training hub for Jedi.
"Perhaps you could tell me a little about yourself and the training you've already gone through? It might make it easier to pick up your training without you having to go through a lot of the same material."
n0m34qi.png

Iri Tuteru

I

Future of the Jedi

Iri couldn't help but smile as the Jedi introduced herself. Finally, he could continue the path that he had settled on walking, and with any luck, he might impress the woman enough to be taken on as her Padawan. The young Padawan replied with glee "A pleasure to meet you too."

His gaze mirrored hers as she looked towards the other Padawans within the hall, before following behind her to a more quiet place to continue their discussion. After moving to a more secluded location he finally replied to her. "That is correct, after the temple was attacked my studies have stagnated, I almost felt like I was forgotten. That was until I returned here and word was sent out that the few left here are hoping to continue our training. Some have been brought off-world, but I refused, I have a calling here and I am just waiting for it."

He thought for a moment, as the Jedi questioned him once more about his training, allowing himself to organise his thoughts. "I have learned the Basics. The Jedi Code, Conquers, Honours and three pillars. I have also started to learn the basic lightsabers forms, and have often been complimented on my proficiency with Ataru. I am a little adept with force powers, but lacking still in that area."

He smiled as he finished, clearly keen to impress the Jedi. He awaited her response with an eagerness that was written all over his face, as if he was just waiting to be complimented, just waiting to impress the female Jedi if only just a little.

n0m34qi.png
Feeling forgotten?
Valery couldn't help but feel bad for the young Jedi. Unlike the days she was used to, the Jedi were far more scattered now, and finding a place among them could be difficult. Especially during these times of war, where large events caused massive changes one would have to adapt to.
"It's good to hear that you haven't rushed at the decision to get off-world if that's how you feel," Valery said, clearly complimenting the younger Jedi for his patience. "Your training will likely continue off-world soon enough, as this isn't the most ideal place of learning right now." she continued.
"It does help that you have learned a lot of the fundamentals as well. I've noticed that not all Jedi are as strong with their philosophies, so I'm quite pleased to hear that you are — I'm sure the Jedi who will be teaching you agree as well. As for further lightsaber training and studying the Force, that's all part of your journey. Perhaps something I'll be able to help with, too." she flashed him a smirk and looked over in the direction of the Landing Pad.
"Before I explain what comes next, are there any questions you might have for me?"
n0m34qi.png

Iri Tuteru

I

Future of the Jedi

Iri shifted his footing as the Jedi took in everything he said, making sure to listen attentively as she responded, not wanting to miss a word that was said; as he made a point of making a good impression. As she spoke of coruscant not being an ideal world for learning, what could he say to refute that? It was clear that it was the case, since the temple fell, even fewer Jedi remained here than before. Most had left to fight within the war, and even more, no doubt fell in the conflicts that followed.

"The fundamentals are crucial to the Jedi, it is what defines us and separates us from the Sith or other force users. Without our Code, and our philosophies we would be left to follow the desires of our hearts, to act willfully for self-interest." Iri confidently stated, as if deep within he believed the words that were said, and not as if he was merely reciting them.

At the mention of lightsaber training his already eager energy peaked. "I would be glad to learn more about lightsaber training, oh and learning force too would be great." the latter half stated with less enthusiasm. "Since most of the Jedi left, I have had few to train with. Those that remain are either lacking in skill or Jedi busy guarding the temple and what little relics remain within." He flashed a cheeky grin as he awaited her response.

n0m34qi.png
Valery chuckled at his excitement and nodded,
"You have quite a traditional view when it comes to Philosophy — not as common anymore these days. But it's a good foundation to develop yourself from as a Jedi." Valery said, having been raised and trained under the much stricter doctrine of the Old Republic Jedi. Many of her core beliefs were seen as traditional still, but some things had certainly changed.
"Just make sure to always remain open-minded." She said with a smile.
"As for your training, do not worry — myself and many others have been working on a more active stance for young Jedi to be trained properly. So finding a Master isn't going to be too much of a problem, and many others will be able to help you. Myself included, of course."
Valery then gestured for the shuttle.
"My plan is to show you a few locations where the New Jedi Order is active, but I also recommend arranging quarters at the Praxeum on Ossus. It's a place where any and all Jedi are allowed to come for training."
n0m34qi.png

Iri Tuteru

I

Future of the Jedi

Iri smiled as he seemed to have made a good impression on Master Noble, something which he had tried his best to accomplish. "Thank you for your compliment, Master Noble. I will make sure to not become bound by the rigid teachings, and allow myself to still maintain an open mind while abiding by the Jedi's core beliefs."

As the conversation moved on to further his training his expression became reassured, losing the underlying vulnerability that he had tried to hide, clearly part of him felt forgotten. Nodding his head, he simply replied with an "Mh.", acknowledging the words she spoke.

Following the Master's gesture towards the shuttle, his eyes filled with glee. It had been so long since he had been off-world, not for several years where all the force-sensitive had gone on a little trip. He had bound himself to this world, as he felt a connection through the force that waiting would bring him on the right path; he couldn't deny that he had been tempted here and there, but he had always stuck to his belief.

"That sounds amazing, I would love to see more places where the New Jedi Order is active, and the idea of training... well I could hardly say no to meeting new people to learn with." His ever-enthusiastic personality shone through at the prospect of a little trip and potentially meeting new people.

"When do we leave?" He asked, clearly eager to begin

n0m34qi.png
Valery chuckled as she began to guide him over towards her shuttle. His excitement reminded her about her own time as Padawan prior to the scar that now covers the left side of her face. She was a rather energetic young girl, always wanting to pick up a training blade to practice against anybody willing, and very few things were able to slow her down. But luckily, she had a Master who kept her grounded.
"I'm glad you're this eager," Valery said with a smile, as the doors of the shuttle opened.
"We're going to be leaving now already. I'll be taking you to the Prosperity, a large ship that is being used as a mobile Jedi Temple. There are other training locations, but you're most likely to find yourself a Master from there." she stepped into the shuttle and made her way over to the cockpit, where she sat down and began all necessary procedures for them to depart.
"I'll likely be on the Prosperity for a day or two myself too. So I'll be available to help you with anything you need." She offered a final smile, powered up the engines, and took them away so Iri could start his new journey as a Jedi Padawan of the New Jedi Order.
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom