Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Member Complaints & How Staff Handles Them

Just a single complaint and a question. I made a 47 year old padawan due to the rules for newbies and story reasons... what do you guys think is wrong with this picture?

Vladimir Tedesky said:
Just a single complaint and a question. I made a 47 year old padawan due to the rules for newbies and story reasons... what do you guys think is wrong with this picture?
Not sure where you are going at.

Be a bit more clear with your question.

Teferi Efreet said:
I counter you with another question that I'll need to know the answer to before I can address the question...

What is the complaint?
I picture the Padawan rank having a certain age limitation, and 47 is probably way past that for a human, if it wasn't for the newbie's inability to become a Knight at the start without a training thread, I'd be a neutral Knight who is weaker in the Force than normal, but having training in what he has over his years

Vladimir Tedesky said:
I picture the Padawan rank having a certain age limitation, and 47 is probably way past that for a human, if it wasn't for the newbie's inability to become a Knight at the start without a training thread, I'd be a neutral Knight who is weaker in the Force than normal, but having training in what he has over his years
There are several instances in canon where an older person started to train with the force. It is not unheard of. Also, put into consideration the current timeline and the 400 year darkness. It wasn't like it was in the past where force trainers were able to bring younglings to the temple to train, it is very possible that due to the cutting off of the galaxy that many of these "older generation" force users barely had any contact with any true Masters.

As such, there is no issue with being older and starting out fresh.

You can teach old dogs new tricks here.

Well, Vladimir was born on Alderaan, it's not like he was born where he is now. It could have been easy to contact him if the darkness didn't happen. Plus, the complaint is minor, but it still bugs me a lot that I have a 47 year old padawan.

Flint Pherson

F
It bugs YOU. That YOU, made a 47 year old Padawan. For YOURSELF. And your complaining about it??? :(

Flint Pherson said:
It bugs YOU. That YOU, made a 47 year old Padawan. For YOURSELF. And your complaining about it??? :(
It's not just about me, it's about potential issues involving age and rank for newbie OCs.
Oh, and TiCira, I am thinking of it that way now, but when I made the complaint, I didn't really KNOW that a 47 year old Padawan was possible xD

Yup. Think of the drama and suspense as you are training alongside younglings.... who call you grandpa! haha

There are a lot of neat fun scenarios you can go with. Kinda like Pierce in Community.

YOU ARE PIERCE!!

chevy-chase-pierce-community.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom