Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Further Down The Rabbit Hole

There wasn't much more that needed to be said in that moment.

He was more than willing to hand over the holocron in exchange for true training, which she was grateful for. It would not do to have to fight over such a thing, and it would be safer if kept hidden away within the Restricted Section. In the future, when he had better learned to strengthen his mind, and the value of balance and moderation, he would be able to utilize it again, but right now it was much too dangerous for him to have free access to.

"Come, let us reclaim our belongings before we explore any further."

Venturing back the way they had come, into the atrium, Jyn called her lightsaber into her hand through the Force and settled it back onto her belt. Her gaze fell upon the Holocron yet for now she did not wish to touch it, nor did she particularly want it looming over her shoulder while they explored the Jedi Academy. Instead she left it where it was, upon the bench, and waited for him to fetch his blade.

"I presume you came in your own vessel?" she inquired, once he was done, as she led him toward one of the turbolifts. The buttons illuminated when she pressed them, and despite the fact that much of the Academy appeared in a dire state the turbolift was quick to appear in working condition, the doors opening to reveal the carriage beyond.

A good sign.

[member="Kid Starburn"]

While walking with her from the atrium into the main room where they had first encountered one another . He was Looking for the familiar patch of grass where he had discarded his sword earlier . He watched as she was seen to use the force to rearm herself with her lightsaber . His eyes swiftly locating his weapon ,beginning to walking towards the grass he suddenly stops and focused his hands in front of him trying to emulate her previous action with the force. Succeeding with his feat, seeing both sword and sheath levitate towards him.

"Yeah my fighter , its a about east from here i'll call my droid to come fly it over" making use of the communicator on his wrist he then pressed down on a button to pinpoint clover to his position.

While doing so he glanced over to her lightsaber comparing her more elegant weapon to his more aggressive one , even though both weapons were made for harm, her nature was seen as only using it for self defense , his angst had gotten the better of him and he spoke.
"So how did you make your lightsaber and when will I be able to construct my own"

While speaking he followed her to where a turbolift had been located , despite the state of the academy some how technology was able to overcome the wild nature which had flooded the place. She had pressed a few a buttons and it was opened .

Good so far

She watched in surprise as the boy copied her method of retrieving her weapon, one brow raising as the more primitive device shot from the ground and into his hand. Was it something he'd done before, or was this a first for him? Naturally Jyn did not know, but she would find out soon enough just how much he had learned of the mystical energy which swam between them.

"There is a small clearing a few yards away from the Academy. My ship is there but there was enough room for another to land."

That would make it easier for him to follow her from the planet back to Aurum, after all.

"I made my lightsaber a long time ago," she informed him, "Though at the time I did not want to. I did not always have faith in the Force, for the longest time I forsook it entirely. You will learn how to make one when the time is right, I cannot put a number to your progress. Everyone develops at a different rate."

Into the turbolift they ventured, and the device shot them up to the next level. More bookcases, more books, more benches, and what looked to be the remnants of a fountain. Not as overgrown as the lower level, but definitely not as tame as it had been intended to be.

"So much knowledge, lost to time..."

What she wouldn't give to bring it all back to the Silent Archive with her. Alas it did not belong to her, even if both of her parents had been the ones to bring it all here.

Does that mean I inherited it?

She did not know. Perhaps she would see what the Council thought, if anything here would be of use to their collection.

[member="Kid Starburn"]

Putting his wrist close to his mouth ,he repeated into his communicator the directions his teacher had given to him.

"Clover if you can hear me their is a small area near my position just a few yards ,rest for a minute ,land only if you see another ship oh.. and keep the engines warm for me i'll be there soon.. thanks"

While lifting off the ground in the turbolift he was able to view the levels within the academy ,isles of text all gone to waste due to the lack of activity and residence. The idea that at some point other force users were once here ,he was trying to figure out what had made them leave.

"Who knows maybe when I'm all learned up i'll come back and bring this place back to what it used to be,"
saying with a slight enthusiasm in his voice

The more Rhaeon listened to Jyn speak,the more his insight grew on the force and about her . He has been a force user as far back as he can think .Since the earliest periods of his life when the force was all he knew . Remembering the times when he wasn't old enough to walk and used it at his will even till this day. Then finally meeting another that shared his abilities,only to find out she found an alternative to the force with her weapon and had relinquished it at a point .

" Why ?... what happen to you ,for you to abandon the force?" he asked, interested in her past but acknowledged that prying was not a good impression of him.His caring nature had been shown but in truth, she knew more of him than he did of her if they were to understand one another they might as well lay it all on the table.

8ed24e6ea9cd93eabf7b591206d45d41-dbyast3.png

"This place belonged to the Jedi, not my Order... Though it was my parent's labour of love, so perhaps I have some right to claim the texts here. Preserve them for future generations. I shall have to speak with the Council."

The idea that someone was willing to build upon what had once been, as opposed to relying so heavily on something new, was humbling to be sure, though she doubted that he would even remember this place in a few months time, much less when his training was complete. The Jedi might not take too kindly to it, either, if they even realized it was still here.

His query about her relationship with the Force came just as the turbolift doors opened, and without yet answering him she stepped out into the foyer beyond. There were signs written in aurebesh above several of the doors, noting them as chambers intended for training. She shouldn't have been surprised, this was an Academy after all.

"I always saw it as a curse, rather than a blessing. Everyone always tried to keep me controlled and under thumb because of it. It wasn't until I forged my own path that I was able to really flourish, before that point I simply rejected it."

A loose shrug was offered, it had been many years since that time and Jyn had come along leaps and bounds. No more did the Sith even so much as look her way, much less hunt her, and the ilk of the Atrisian Empire were long since gone. Assassinated, if the rumours were true.

"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge..." She figured now, while they were simply exploring, was as good a time as any to begin teaching him the foundations of their philosophy, "There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness. In balance with chaos and harmony... Immortal in the Force."

Turning to face him, she tilted her head just a touch to the left and regarded him in silence for a few moments. And then she spoke again.

"This is the code of my Order, it is as it has been for millennium, before the Jedi and the Sith came to be there was simply the Je'daii... The Mystic Center. We follow neither Ashla nor Bogan, but instead the Bendu - Balance. Every source of light casts a shadow, there cannot be one without the other."

[member="Kid Starburn"]

The Lift had settled and stopped on a floor, he found himself following her until reaching multiple doorways, seeing the familiar lettering of aurebesh making it out to be the ancient institute's training facilities.

She had told him of her troubled history with the force and how discarding her power for a time had been due to the command of outside sources .Similar to him with his own people who had made him into their image. He in a way respected that she was able to overcome her demons and make something of herself.

Hoping that he will some day do the same.

Then she had given him more insight into her order, Their code he stood there lost in thought ,memorizing her words and analyzing each line so it would soon be like a second nature to him. He was getting a bit eager to learn more shown by the look on his face but he could not get over the guilt of his people which hung over him , the guilt of those who made him who he is .

"Codes and customs I grew up on these.. they were strict no room for interpretation what was said was basically law nevertheless I was bound to it through culture and family .... Then in a serious manner repeating his creed passed down through the generations Strength is life for the strong have the right to rule,Honor is life for with no honor one may as well be dead,Loyalty is life for without ones clan one has no purpose ,Death is life One should die as they have lived . I need to know if I forsake one oath for another who will i be turning my back on? , You've given me a choice but , They've given me my life, I need to know if I can live by my code and still follow your teachings?

e72410d8d00656a5f79c94f8b4a93026-dbyastk.png

Leading him through into one of the rooms marked training she became aware of how eerie it truly was.

Kendo sticks lay along the ground, making it seem as though the Academy had been vacated quickly and without warning. As though those who had been training here had been forced to drop what they were doing and flee. That did not sit right with her, she had not read anything about an attack when researching this place... But then, why else had it been abandoned? Why else was it scrubbed from the memories of most Jedi?

"We do not expect exclusivity" she informed him, when his question of codes arose, her gaze remaining fixed upon the discarded weapons, "So long as you try to live your life in moderation, and balance, you can do as you please away from our Order. Just... Do not bring trouble to our doorstep. We are a peaceful people, we do not crave bloodshed or war."

[member="Kid Starburn"]

Being guided into a room, by the look of it , was used for swordsmanship and other forms of fighting. Bundles of sticks found on the ground . The broad weapons used by young novice learners of the deserted academy made to bruise not cut an opponent . The familiar sight of the training weapons reminded him of his earlier days . They made him feel a bit lack luster knowing his upcoming training would be derailed if having to learn the basics of swordsmanship again. The thought of reliving the experience gave him a sinking feeling in his gut

He then carefully thought about her earlier statement of not bringing trouble.He had only learned of one way to bring about peace and that was by attacking those who would bring harm to those you cared for. But the way Jyn mention's the nature of her order the bigger the image he had on how her order operates. Instead of the ambitions of power he felt earlier he is now growing to understand that some grow stronger to help others.

"I promise to bring no harm to your orders legacy only to learn and pass any test you throw at me. .....I know nothing comes easy but i'll try to do right by you ".
he said with a blunt confidence in his voice.

8ed24e6ea9cd93eabf7b591206d45d41-dbyast3.png

She could feel the myriad of emotions course through him when they ventured into the training hall, most of them apprehension toward his own future, toward the fate which lay before him.

It was understandable, of course, everybody went through this phase when they first learned of the Force, when they first became a student of it, and those who claimed otherwise were lying. That mystical energy which bound everything in the Universe ought to have been a scary prospect, it was capable of so much and yet its outcome was determined by the practitioner. It was dangerous, deadly in the wrong hands, yet wonderful all the same. Full of endless possibilities.

"I am glad that you will not intentionally do us harm."

She turned to him then, with a soft smile, before gesturing around the room they were now within.

"Understand that our methods of teaching do not often involve training halls and classrooms. While there will be times when such will be utilized, for the most part we try to offer education through experiences. And even if we do it in a more rigid setting, well, typically we try to do so in a less dull environment."

The Jungles of Aurum naturally came to mind, though she knew that soon enough the Academy on Midvinter would be up and running. Then most of the more in-depth Martial training would be done amidst snow and craggy mountains. Still it would be a little while yet before he would be expected to start his Journey.

"Come, I do believe we have disturbed the past enough. It's time we left for Aurum."

[member='Kid Starburn']

"Yeah I've been called reckless not dangerous" He said turning to meet her with a long smile and chuckle.

It was growing quite clear that he now fully held his own future in his hands , He accepted his path as a Jed'aii and is now closer to understanding what that means. But the further he tried to escape from his earlier power seeking persona. The more something had tried to derail him .A reoccurring voice that had seemed to have died out, re-awoke in his mind leaving a returning sense of dread and unease.

He unexpectedly began to walk far away from her over to the opposite side of the room to deal with this sudden occurrence on his own,. "I think I dropped something over there , I won't be long" He had been known to be stubborn to a fault and disliked being seen as incompetent, While the Lie did in fact leave a sour taste in his mouth . But his action to fix his dilemma made him want to eagerly prove himself.

"I am Still here Boy....... I seem to have been melded to your psyche unable to become one with the force . One of its greater mysteries I suppose. If this is to become my fate, stuck in the mind of a ignorant child. I will make it my goal to watch you soon fall and soon it will be.

"I will never let that happen to me, I am stronger than you know" He said with a fiery hatred while also trying to keep his voice down "We shall see" , Knowing that his insults meant nothing but also did not cut any less. When the voice had faded away . The spirit had melted away at his calm demeanor and left nothing but bitterness so much so he turned to one of the training sticks ,and by using the force he swiftly shocked it leaving only a charred and sizzling piece of wood laying on the ground.

Staring at what he'd done, walking over to his teachers side to leave the planet . His tone shifting back to his more natural calm demeanor "I'm ready to leave the academy Master"

[member="Jyn Sol"]
e72410d8d00656a5f79c94f8b4a93026-dbyastk.png

There was something going on with him, that much was obvious, but while Jyn could effortlessly read emotions she was no mind reader nor was her hearing so great as to be able to hear him whisper from across the room. Especially not given the partial deafness in one ear.

No.

She decided to shelve the situation for now. Once their partnership truly began to flourish she would touch upon some of the deeper concerns, but for now the important thing was not to scare him off. Last thing she needed was a rogue Force User on her radar, someone who might act with unpredictability. Someone who might harm others.

"Come along, then," she said as she turned to leave the Academy, waiting for him to follow suit. Two ships they had arrived in, so two they would leave in. She'd have to forward the coordinates to him, of course. "If there is anything you need to tend to before coming to Aurum, then please do so. Your training will begin as soon as you are ready."

Down through the Academy she wandered, picking up the Holocron through the Force once they passed through the entrance foyer and keeping it in a safe bubble as she ventured out into the beautiful day beyond.

It was time for her to move on from this place. Perhaps after a discussion with the Council of Masters she could see about bringing back some of the knowledgeable treasures housed within.

One thing was certain, Jyn was learning more and more about her parentage with each passing day.

Inside her robe one small tome sat. A diary of sorts... Surely nobody would notice it was missing.

FIN

[member="Kid Starburn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom