Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fullmetal and the Saber Ghost (Ibby)

Evard L'Rik

Got Lightning Running Through my Veins
Bothawui. The site of one of, if not the, greatest battles of the old Galactic War. Evard couldn't remember too much else about it, except that there were probably Bothans on Bothawui. Maybe. It was the warzones of the planet he'd come for, though, not its furry inhabitants. Something had called out to him through the Force... But was it dead, alive, or something in between?

Evard landed his custom-built Nubian yacht on the old battlefield, and waited. Waited for the Force to show him something important. Waiting, with a beer, for something to happen.

[member='Sybi'ta Mandarik']

[member="Evard L'Rik"]

((A beer? Really? Do you have any characters who aren't alcoholic? :p ))

The ancient battlefield of Bothawui, left mostly untouched, was silent. No wildlife, no locals, nothing.

Well, not exactly nothing. There was a ghost.

And what a ghost she was. Wandering around for the umpteenth time, the ghost walked with a purpose. Several, actually. None of which were new to her.

The first one, to await a response to the Force probe she had sent out, one of millions over the centuries. Though she had never gotten a response, the ghost never gave up hope. The galaxy was a big place, filled with Force Users. Soon, her time would come.

Her second purpose was to keep an eye out for people, and protect the place where her lightsaber was buried. The ghost had no wish to have someone destroy her, not out of malice, but out of ignorance.

Her last purpose was to relive the events of that fateful day, picking out things on the battlefield.

There, where a crater was. An armoured being whose head was masked, but whose face she knew well -- a young Cathar male, half of his striped face bald from a previous battle; one eye blind, the other a constant yellow flame of merriment. He struggled to pull a limp body behind their lines, a symbol with two crossed lightsabers on his shoulder. The body had one, too. Less than five feet from where the two had been, a grenade landed and blasted them off their feet. Other soldiers stopped and hauled the two (still alive, miraculously) to safety.

See there, where a rock was, weathered down by time and war. A slightly dirty yet very much alive version of the ghost ran alongside an older Cerean male, their lightsabers lit: hers, two lines of blue iciness; his, one bold line of forest green. "Master! Do you think we will be able to repel them?" the Padawan called.

"Bah, General! Have faith in us!" another soldier shouted, clearly a member of the same squad as the Cathar. "We'll have these Imps running away with their tails between their legs!"

The Cerean and the human laughed at the man. "It seems you have enough confidence for everyone, Jarvis." Under his helmet, Jarvis laughed, too. Laughter was how the three, and others, made it through this dreadful war; it was what kept them from going insane, thinking about the deaths of their friends.

The ghost paused at a spot that, at first glance, was unremarkable. But to her, it was the most important spot of all. She stood there, watching in bemusement as an Imperial squad turned their guns on a young Pureblood girl. She didn't understand -- was the squad defecting? Was the girl? She turned to ask her Master, but before anything could be said a great force pushed her back, knocking her onto her back. Dazed for but a second, the Padawan leapt up, calling her sabers to her.

Her Master was engaged in battle with another Sith, presumably the Pureblood's Master. Based on the noxious taint of the dark side, she assumed he was most likely a Darth.

Running forward, she leapt at the man, intent on helping her Master. The trio fought, two against one, but it was always a stalemate. He could not get the upper hand, and neither could they. Guns fired around them, grenades exploded, and the cries of the injured could be heard for miles.

A sudden spike in the Force stole the Padawan's attention, and it was all the Darth needed. With a vicious snarl, his lightsaber tore through the woman, and she collapsed. Gasping. Wheezing. Clutching her lightsabers. Oh, the pain!

The ghost sighed, kneeling down on the exact spot where she died. For many years now, she had continued to relive these memories, her only companions in a place where none knew her and she knew none.

Evard L'Rik

Stepping off the boarding ramp of the yacht, Evard tensed up. Something was moving. He couldn't see it, but the Force signature was overpowering. It reminded him of the entity on the Resurgent, the one that overpowered whoever came close to it. It flowed with Dark energy, and Light. But it was not as overpowering as that thing aboard his ship. He saw something out of the corner of his eye, and his phrik fist clenched, unfortunately shattering the beer bottle in his hand.

"Who's there?"

[member="Sybi'ta Mandarik"]

((This one's not really alcoholic. Neither is the kitty.))

[member="Evard L'Rik"]

Sybi'ta stood less than a dozen yards away, still cloaked in the way that ghosts were wont to do. When the ship had gotten closer she sensed a dark sider, and wondered if they were here because of her probe. If that was the case, the Padawan would have to tread carefully -- she doubted that, in the many millennia she had been here, the Sith and the Jedi had reconciled.

Then a blonde human, a couple inches shorter than her, stepped out. The ghost gave a delicate sigh. Not only was her rescuer from this planet a dark sider, but he was short, too. Not even a Grey Jedi? I at least deserve that much. Raising an eyebrow at the shattered bottle, Sybi'ta moved closer, silent as a, well, ghost. Still cloaked, she stopped behind him and whispered, "Depends. Why do you come?"

Evard L'Rik

Evard sighed with relief. It was just a ghost. He had scarier things than Jedi ghosts with his breakfast in the morning. But something had called him, and he was going to answer.

"I've been called here by the Force. I'm just a wandering man of metal."

He shook the shards of glass out of his metal fist, and looked around.

"Are you trapped here? Am I here to free you?"

[member="Evard L'Rik"]

Ibby began to slowly circle the man, the shards of glass passing harmlessly through her. A wandering man of metal, hm? I did not think cyborgs were still allowed to learn the Sith ways...our enemies must be desperate, then. She began to wonder what else she had missed in the galaxy; the only things she knew were what had happened on Bothawui.

Stopping in front of the blonde human, the Padawan studied his face. He was strong in the Force, and the taint of the dark side permeated him... But maybe she could convince him to walk a different path, especially if it meant leaving behind her resting place. Perhaps I am meant to bring him back from the dark side; the Force must have led him to me for that reason.

Palms up and out in a sign of peace, Sybi'ta revealed herself enough that her entire body could be seen; however, it was still transparent, especially around her abdomen. "I am, in a sense. But whether or not you're here to free me is up to you, Sithling." The blue in her eyes was still evident as she watched him. She had never actually had a conversation with a Sith before, outside of the normal "I will kill you!" "No, I will!" exchanges, and was curious to see what would happen.

Evard L'Rik

Evard laughed at the title. He was really not welcome among the Sith. Self-harm, such as cutting off his arm and leg to prevent the corruption from reaching the rest of him, was heavily frowned upon, and very few actually knew anything of him.

"Sithling? You see Darkness, and it's a Sith. You see Light, and it's a Jedi. Much has changed, Padawan."

[member="Evard L'Rik"]

The ghost raised an eyebrow at this. "Indeed? So it is not just the Sith who follow the path to the dark side?" She knew that the times were different -- she'd been here for a while, and change was prone to come in seconds -- but the fact that this man before her claimed to not be a Sith was...intriguing.

Unless...

"Tell me, then, if you are not a Sith, are you attempting to follow the path of Revan? Are you a Revanite?" In her studies at the Temple, she had come across mention of the famous Force User, the only man to have gone head-on with the Emperor. Unfortunately, whether or not he had survived was something that no one knew. The Revanites she had learned of from her Master, who in turn had learned it from the Council, who had learned it from their spies. The man before her certainly didn't look like a Revanite, but then again, Sybi'ta had never met a Revanite before, much less seen one.

The Padawan was curious to see what this person knew, and whether or not she could trust him with her lightsaber.

Evard L'Rik

Evard blinked at the ghost, and he held out his arms, both metal and flesh, out in a sort of pronounced shrug.

"Revanites have not existed in three millennia. Guess that answers my question about when you died."

He sighed, and wiggled the fingers of his phrik prosthetic.

"I guess, if you had to put me firmly on one side or the other, I'd be a Sith... But I don't like their methods. And I despise the methods of the Jedi, even the rogues."

[member="Evard L'Rik"]

"Three....millennia?" The Padawan knew she had been here a while -- the many wars and events attested to that -- but for 3,000 years? It was absolutely mind boggling. Her form became hazy before solidifying again as her concentration wavered.

Sybi'ta only paid half attention to the man as he spoke, still trying to deal the the reality that she had been dead for so long. That means Master Ki Mun Da is dead, along with my squad, she thought bleakly. What else is gone?

Her mind finally processed what the blonde human said. So the Jedi are still around, though it is a great misfortune that the Sith are, too. "Hang on, what is so wrong with the Jedi?" Ibby blurted out. "We are the defenders of justice, the keeper of peace? Can you fault us for being restricted by bureaucrats?" Like many of the young Jedi of her day, the Padawan distrusted the Senators in the Republic, though there were a couple that were decent.

Speaking of the Republic...

"And tell me, please," she continued in a soft voice. "The Republic, is it still...?"

Evard L'Rik

Evard was unsurprised by the reaction of the ghost to his comment on the Jedi. He couldn't fault her for it. She'd probably been raised to think that way. The Sith usually did the same, taking young, un-opinionated children and training them into fanatics.

"Jedi 'justice' is impossible. You've gotta feel something, form an opinion, in order to be able to mete out justice. Some people just take it too far, though. As for peace... the Force is conflict. Nothing being guided by such an entity can ever be peaceful."

He clenched his fists at the thought of the Senate, though. Bureaucrats.

"The Senate... the Senate should've fallen long ago. The silver-tongued cowards always survive, while better men, and women, die to keep them that way. They're stupid, too, this bunch. Splitting their forces to bits, while Coruscant is in Sith hands again."

[member="Evard L'Rik"]

"What?! Coruscant is in the hands of the Sith?!" She moved forward, ghostly blue eyes staring deep into living gold ones. The temperature plummeted greatly, ice crystals beginning to form on the human's metal arm. "You lie!" Sybi'ta cried out. "The Jedi -- nay, the Republic itself -- would never allow such an event to happen!" Her form began to flicker alarmingly, influenced by her emotions. "It can't be possible!"

The ghost suddenly took several horrified steps back. "Tell me you jest, Sithling. It-- Coruscant is the capital of the Republic. We would never simply abandon it to you!"

Evard L'Rik

Evard shook his head at the ghost, flipping his hair over his shoulders. He couldn't deny that the little ice trick was impressive, but he had other things to worry about. He felt sorry for the ghost - no, woman. He realized now that she hadn't even been alive for the first Sacking.

"Coruscant has been in Sith hands before. I wish I could say that your death, or at least the manner of it, bought the Republic some time, but it didn't. Within fifteen years, the Jedi were all but routed, and your people were forced into a peace conference. The conference began, and the Emperor took Coruscant hostage. The old Temple was bombed to pieces, and many of the greatest masters of the age died that day."

He tried to touch her, reassure her somehow, but she was a ghost. A sadness welled up inside him, as he explained the conflict.

"Recently, the resurgent Sith Empire collapsed and reemerged as the One Sith Empire. They captured Coruscant, along with almost all of Chiss space, and a lot of resources. The Senators ran away like the cowards they are, and the Sith took the planet like candy from a baby."

[member="Evard L'Rik"]

She flinched away from the man as he reached out to touch her, a look of complete and utter horror on her face. "Coruscant has fallen...twice?!" Ibby couldn't believe it. She wanted to continue to accuse him of lying, but in her heart she knew it was true. Why else would the Jedi not come back for her? They had been too busy avoiding those vile Sith.

The Padawan wearily rubbed her face. "I...Will return shortly," she mumbled, already vanishing from sight. However, if one looked close enough they might have been able to detect a faint outline, but nothing more.

Sybi'ta sank to the ground, her head hanging and her hands neatly folded on her lap. She needed to get a hold of herself; these...events had happened many, many years after her death and there was no use in crying over spilt blue milk. Eyes closed, she began to do the closest thing to meditation a ghost could do. Her chest rose and fell slowly as she mimicked the action of breathing. Since she was no longer alive the Padawan didn't need to breathe, not really, but the familiar motion from her living years helped to calm her.

After a few moments, Sybi'ta was the closest thing to peace that she could get. Standing up, she reappeared and looked at the man. "I...apologies. I am better now." After a heartbeat, she added softly, "I can lead you to where my lightsaber is. It is the only thing keeping me here; when I...fell...I did not know the methods past Masters had used in order to preserve their spirit, other than attaching themselves to an object."

Evard L'Rik

Evard felt a tear run down his cheek as he felt, rather than saw, the ghost try to deal with the information he'd given her.

"I am truly sorry you had to hear that from me. I was nearly dead at the time, though. If you really wish to go to Coruscant, I can bring you there... To honor the fallen. But the Sith are likely to kill me, and take you away, if we get too close to their rebuilt temple."

He smiled sadly, and looked at the ghost of the woman.

"The Sith have cleaned Coruscant up, though. If anything pulls you away from despair, let that be it. They did what the Republic could never do."

[member="Evard L'Rik"]

((Sorry, gotta ruin the moment for a sec.

ZOMG SO MANY FEELZ

Ok I'm done))

Sybi'ta cast her eyes downward as she listened to the man apologize. She felt bad now for calling him a Sithling -- no stories of Sith that she had heard ever mentioned the Sith apologizing. From what she knew, that wasn't their way.

Slowly, the Jedi shook her head. "No, no...Do not apologize. You are not the reason Coruscant fell, and it is probably best I heard it from you, in any case." She gave no reply to this statement on its new state, however. Even if it was cleaner than before, she couldn't help but wonder at what cost.

So, instead, she turned away from him and beckoned. "Come; I will lead you to my resting place, if you're willing." All of the misgivings Sybi'ta had about this man had vanished in the face of the news. With Coruscant conquered and the iconic Jedi headquarters gone, the ghost no longer cared much about whether or not this Force User wished her harm still.

Evard L'Rik

(I know... Evard's getting a bit teary with my new muse for him...)

Evard shrugged, and followed the ghost. She was clearly not assured by the fact that Coruscant had been cleaned up.

"I'm willing, if you're ready to leave."

[member="Evard L'Rik"]

((Pfft that's ok. Ibby and Shorty will be the best of friends <3))

The Padawan bowed her head and began to lead the way, though she remained close enough to the man to make conversation possible. As he walked and she floated, Ibby cast a sideways glance at him. "You are unlike many Force Users that I have had the fortune or misfortune to encounter. You claim to be neither Sith nor Jedi, and you are not a Revanite -- yet, despite the fact that you say the Sith will kill you, you identify closest with them. You walk the path of the dark side, yet you apologize to a helpless ghost for events which you had no influence over. Who, then, are you?"

The ghost was surprised at her willingness to converse with a dark sider -- but then again, it is hard to talk to anyone when your only companions are the memories of long-gone friends. She went ahead and chalked her "chattiness" and her curiosity to loneliness.

Evard L'Rik

Evard shook his head and shrugged, not sure how to respond to the question. Who was he? He wasn't a Sith, anymore. Rumors and dark words had made sure of that. He sure as hell wasn't a Jedi, and he never would be.

"I'm nothing. All I have to my name is a derelict space station, and a ship older than you. Can't say I've done anything with either of those."

[member="Evard L'Rik"]

The Padawan shook her head. "If you are nothing, then what would that make me? I cannot even touch someone lest I go through completely. At least tell me your name, then?"

She looked at him, then. "I myself am Sybi'ta Mandarik, former Padawan to Jedi Master Ki Mun Da. Though, oftentimes, my master would call me Ibby..." Oh, how much she had hated that nickname! But her Master called her that often, and soon only he and the veteran members of her former squad were allowed to say it. Others who attempted to call her Ibby would nearly always get a tight lipped smile and a cold shoulder.

What she would give, though, for her friends to be back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom