Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Full Circle [Tag: Kahlil Noble]

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I don't believe the Galaxy will ever see a time where there are no Sith, and no Jedi" Caedyn replied softly, taking pause before speaking up in agreement with Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble 's wish to prepare his Padawan well; "So yes, I too wish for Ariana to be prepared for what might come in the near future, but as you say, it is a balancing act. I don't want her head to be filled with negativity and expectations of disaster. I want her to have hope and to enjoy her life before she reaches our age".

"My duty has become my life purpose, and I rarely take time out for leisure. My social circle remains almost non-existent if friends are to be considered, whereas I am surrounded by colleagues within the Jedi Order who share our path in life" Caedyn explained, elaborating further; "It's strange how this has occurred and it's not been by design but my personal goals are aimed towards trying to improve myself as a Jedi and Disciple of the Force".

The Jedi Knight was nothing if not dedicated. He had spent years of Kristyl Arenais' life as a distant father due to his daughter and Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe walking their own paths in life alongside the Confederacy of Independent Systems, later to be reformed into the Ascendancy. It had initially worked out alright, as the Confederacy had been close allies to the Order of the Silver Jedi, but as the years went on, Caedyn saw Kris and Asaraa less and less, and so his time was spent focused on the good he could achieve in his line of duty.

"I hope that Ariana, and your two Padawan, don't miss out on the good things in life because of the conflict to follow. When they're Jedi Knights maybe then Ariana can decide whether to prioritize her duty above all else, but her happiness is important to me as her Mentor. I'm sure you can relate".

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Better than you think. I spent a good couple of years finding myself among the stars, before I joined the Order, and even after. I.. Plan to push forward a sort of soul searching path for Jedi to take. A sort of.. Pilgrimage, I guess? The opportunity to go around and see the Galaxy on their own and experience what it is to be a Jedi outside of war. And, well, to help the people remember that we are there to help them. Not be soldiers."

He hummed a little, still seeming to think over how exactly to word it. That was a bigger reason he hadn't actually made the suggestion yet. At least to the council as a whole. Though, he paused his mulling about to glance towards Caedyn, blinking.

"Is your head filled with negativity and expectations of disaster?"

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
A sort of.. Pilgrimage, I guess? The opportunity to go around and see the Galaxy on their own and experience what it is to be a Jedi outside of war.

Caedyn liked the sound of Kahlil's idea, rather a lot. Not only would it benefit himself, but also many of the younger Knights and Senior Padawan, he felt. The Jedi Knight would have liked to discuss it further, yet Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble soon posed him with a question that caught him slightly off guard.

"Is your head filled with negativity and expectations of disaster?"

"It's not as bleak as you make it sound" Caedyn chuckled softly. He hadn't taken any offence by it, and he rather understood why Kahlil had asked, given what they had been discussing thus far on their voyage to Kashyyyk; "I appreciate your concern, Kahlil" he added with an appreciative tone to his words, sincere and honest in his self-expression.

"I've reached a turning point in my path, I believe" he began to explain himself, a pause to consider his words in an attempt to accurately articulate his thoughts into words that might best make sense to his fellow Jedi; "You could say that I've followed the path of a Jedi Guardian throughout all of my Jedi life. The fighting and the lives that I've been forced to take along the way have certainly taken a toll on me. As a Je'daii, my focus was Qigong Kesh, akin to that of a Jedi Consular, and in hindsight, I believe I changed my focus as I did not wish to walk parallel to my Father's service. There was a great deal of resentment towards him in those earlier years, which I have since reconciled with...-And now that I have, I feel the Force is once again calling me back to my initial passion, the study of the Force and the search for knowledge and wisdom that I have so long avoided" Caedyn concluded, falling silent for a time so that he could reflect, and Kahlil take time to really soak it all in.

Caedyn wasn't sure if this was what Kahlil had really been asking, but the Jedi Knight had been in doubt of his path and reminded of the importance of life and learning since Exegol. In fact, it wasn't just Exegol but every battlefield that Caedyn had fought upon, every few weeks that followed were long nights where sleep struggled to reach him, and he instead used meditation and self-reflection to move forward and process the trauma of warfare.

"I know that despite the Brotherhood of the Maw's defeat, the Sith will return and war will once again be at our doorstep. It's not that I expect disaster but rather my knowledge of the Bendu, balance within the Force. The Light cannot exist without the Darkside. Ashla, and Bogan" Caedyn once again spoke, seeking to elaborate on what he had said; "In my search for greater understanding in the Force, I would like to engage the Sith in conversation and seek to understand their ideology, as well as their view on the war between our Orders. I have little confidence that the fighting will end any time soon, but I do believe that when it does, it will be because we came together".

Caedyn knew full-well how unlikely...-No, impossible it must have sounded. The Jedi and the Sith coming together in reconciliation. Perhaps in smaller numbers it was plausible, but on a Galactic Scale it wasn't likely. The Sith often fought amongst themselves, each group vying for dominance over the other, and the one thing they all agreed on was their absolute opposition towards the Jedi and the Lightside of the Force.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to go claiming I can unite us all or anything quite so dramatic. I've just been thinking lately that it might be nice to hear their side of the story, to further my own understanding".

Caedyn Arenais

C
Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam and Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon weren't familiar names to Caedyn, but then countless numbers of Jedi came and went from the Temple of Coruscant. It was difficult to keep track of them all. Despite this, he smiled softly as Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble spoke of his Padawan, nodding in his agreement with the sentiment of difficulty when seeking to adequately prepare their students for the trials ahead.

"Finding the balance between protecting them, but also ensuring they gain the experience to become skilled Jedi one day. Yes, I can certainly relate" Caedyn replied, thinking this time of his first Padawan Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . She too had been gifted and brilliant, yet Caedyn had considered whether or not he allowed their relationship as Mentor and Student to become too personal. In their time together, it was quite likely that he had become over-protective, as a father would their child. He had cared about the girl, and he had failed her in the end.

"Ariana is quite mature for her age and has lived a privileged life before receiving entree into the Jedi. Her father taught her well in many areas of martial arts and self-defence, so I am fortunate to know the girl is capable of protecting herself" Caedyn spoke with ease, a casual discussion between fellow members of the Order, lacking the formality that might usually be present within the temple. He sat with a relaxed posture as he watched the hyperspace channel swirling around the front of the ship, enjoying the peace of their flight towards Kashyyyk.

"I had a student before her, what feels like long ago now. She was passionate and enthusiastic about her training and life as a Jedi, an Empath with her own struggles as all people have, but I felt we complimented each other well. I grew quite proud of her, despite our training together being the last thing she had wanted at the time" Caedyn smirked to himself as he remembered those days, the Silver Rest and Elise having made the personal request of him to train the girl.

"Things became complicated in the later years, turbulent even. We had grown close, and perhaps that had become a hindrance to my ability to appropriately mentor her. She started to become absent more often, and I even found her under the influence of narcotics at one stage. That was the last time we saw one another. The Silver Jedi Council later informed me that our training would no longer continue, and I believe she left the Order" the Jedi Knight explained further, that initial smirk having faded as he stared off into the stars, a vacant look in his eyes as he thought on their past.

"It was a difficult lesson to learn" he frowned, pulling himself back to the present moment before glancing across to Kahlil; "We want so much for our students. Success and growth, the learning of skills and the acquisition of knowledge. Sometimes the hardest part of it all is letting go and allowing them to make their own decisions, and perhaps their own mistakes if it comes to that. I've certainly made my share over the years" he concluded. In Caedyn's mind, sometimes the most worthwhile learning was unfortunately in response to making the wrong decisions, and mistakes and overcoming those hurdles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom