Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen Rescue

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Moving away from the ruined dig site, she couldn't keep the small smile off her face having seen him smile from her signs of appreciation. She might have been able to get out of this herself, but it would have been so much more difficult ... and she wouldn't have been able to see Connor again. Always a plus for her.

Cresting the ridge, she could see the E-Wing sitting there like a sore thumb against the white background of the snowy fields. Sliding down the slope in a controlled slide, she grinned at Connor as they reached the ship and he helped her up and into the cockpit.

"Coordinates are right here," Taeli said, handing him a datapad from the backseat of his fighter. It was a bit of a snug fit, but she was going to complain ... except being in this relic made her uneasy that it would fall apart around them. "The old Adegan crystal temple, was basing myself there to craft a new crystal for my shoto saber and because it was a historic site."

Reaching over his shoulder, the coordinates we slipped into his hand on the datapad and it took seconds for him to enter them into his navigational satellite relay system with a few taps of the buttons – or, as some called it in the Order, a Sat Nav – and they were ready.

”Please relax – I can feel the nerves radiating from you.”

With a low whine and rumble, the engines kicked in and Connor gently brought the E-wing up and around, the smoke from the dig snaking into the sky as the ship turned into view. They’d certainly left a footprint on the ground that was for sure. Pushing forward, the ship moved through the smoke with a dramatic swirl forming in the wake of the engines and sped out over the planet.

It took minutes with the speed he went, but there was nothing to hinder the craft and he circled a few times around a large crevice and, what looked like, a temple of some sort. If this was where she wanted to be left, then so be it.

Looking over the cockpit viewport, he brought the ship down, careful not to scrape the wings on the cliff surrounding it to eventually come to a gentle bump yards from the looming icy entrance. The engines died as the hatch pulled back, and Connor shivered with the cold air around him. He pulled himself out, cowl trailing behind him, and helped Taeli from her seat, and down the craft in a more elegant manner than his usual sliding-down-the-wing trick.

”That wasn’t so bad, was it.”

He looked up at the mighty structure, seemingly hidden away from the surface of the planet, and whistled gently.

”Impressive.”

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Connor Harrison"]

"We do build to impress," she said, taking the offered help down onto the snowy ground. "I have to admit that thing holds together better than I thought. Still think you need it torn apart and rebuilt from the inside out, but each to their own."

She had been thinking about redesigning her ship away from the very Sith-like design it was currently, it was based off the Fury and Scimitar ships after all, but she just wasn't sure what design she wanted to go with yet. Regardless, she smiled at Connor.

"Thank you again for coming to help me, I knew I could count on you," she said. "Care to come inside, I got the power working in the Temple while I was here earlier and it should be warmer than out here."

Still smiling, she headed towards the entrance of the old crystal temple. She had left the crystal project she had been working on before unfinished, and she needed to get that done so she could get rid of the red crystal in her shoto. Well, not get rid of, but not in use anyways.

Looking up at the Temple, Connor nodded at the sight of it seemingly erupting from the ice. However, for once, Connor stopped himself following.

”I am afraid I'll have to pass on that invite Miss Raaf, but thank you.”

He sighed and folded his arms.

”There's still come cleaning up to be done following Midvinter with the SSC and I have a wing of the fleet waiting up there,” he pointed up to the heavens, ”just in case things got a little hot. Can't keep them waiting forever.”

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom