Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Frozen and alone... again

Tags: Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus

Equipment:
Velmorite bladed lightsabers
Comm device
Blaster pistol
Marzanna

Mairéad had escaped from Dromund Kaas but by the skin of her teeth and she had had to make terrible actions to accomplish this feat, so it was not a suprise that once aboard the Marzanna, having set the hyperspace destination, the poor woman curled up and slowly froze in place. Luckily the ship was equipped with advanced atmospheric regulators that kept the ship just above the point at which the systems would enter cold shock and disable the vessel.

The woman herself lay on her bed with no colour in her skin and a gaping wound in her upper arm that was only partially healed by the life drain she had been forced to use during her escape

Not long later, the ship exited hyperspace at its the Tanaab system, the onboard AI immediately put out a medical distress call from the ship, but it was entirely an automated system and active comms would go unanswered. The temperature on board was more than twenty degrees below zero and most would assume an environmental failure that would render any inhabitants dead. Scans would also come up blank as the nature of Mairéad's cryostasis would render her lifesigns undetectable to those not sensitive to the force.

So the Marzanna would sit silently at an extreme orbit over Tanaab waiting for either a particularly optimistic medic, a salvage claim or a friend.

Trips to tanaab were a frequent thing for stardust and the clan, whether it was visiting her clan sisters people or visiting taozi directly to supply her with information for the eclipse rebellion. Out above the planet the Solus Darasuum cane out of hyperspace and began to slow down its approach when a signal came in on the distress signal band

hm...probs should let the defense force handle it

Star said to ca, looking away from it, a atmospheric failure like that meant there wasnt much to save at all. However stardust twitched a bit and looked back as she focused on it and a frowned formed. No something was aboard star could easily feel it in the force, tapping her fingers a few times she looked to her wife

somethings on board...I can sense it in the force....

She moved to the lifeform scanner, nothing was coming up at all? She rescanned for another run and frowned as it came back with nothing yet again

ca bring us to dock with it, something doesn't set right with me

Trevor Morris - A World Torn Asunder

KJF7C89.png

Cynthia stood in the hanger her spear in both hands as she stood tall. A breath in and out with her eyes closed. The Mandalorian's feet shifted into a wide grounded stance. Fists clenched then softened around the shaft of the weapon. As both eyes snapped open the spear would begin a motion of structured and flowing movements. The tip would clash with the floor creating sparks shooting across the cold floor as it spun faster and faster with momentum. Her hands sifted down as Cynthia dropped to a knee swinging the weapon wide and as she raised up the blade changed the form into a sword.

Each movement remained precise. Any observer having seen her done this in the past and with knowledge of battle that these strikes where one of experience. Even a Jedi would find a hard time to keep up. Experience determined much in a battle and was often a deciding factor in the victors. Her training kept pace as the sword spun effortlessly around her going into leading strikes, each one followed by a "Hyaa," releasing power from her core. This pattern continued for a few more minuets till finally finishing with a final strike. Cynthia could feel the sweat drip from her brow even down her back chest and sides. Since leaving Vanquo the woman had been spending absurd amounts of time doing the same thing day in and day out.

Her breathing turned heavy the vapours of her breath only adding to the sweat. She turned the sword back into a spear setting it besides her as the woman sat down. Cynthia raised her hands up to the Buy'ce and took it off placing it down in front of her legs. Something about doing her normal practice then moving into meditation made sense. It was a good chance for the Mandalorian woman to gather her breath back and to process the information, while trying to focus on the meditation training Stardust had been very insistent on.

How is it she had the force? Cynthia did not believe it but Star insisted that what the witch said was true. All Cynthia knew was if she did, it would become a valuable asset to her arsenal for what is to come in the months ahead.

KJF7C89.png

Ca maintained a steady speed for the cruiser after leaving hyperspace. The system map blinked with a ping of the distress and Stardust picked up on it immediately. Even though the woman said that they should leave it alone, the expressions on her face and the way her Lekku moved told a different story. The woman simply had a curious nature and the need to do good sometimes. It paired well with Cynthia... before the mess she became. The AI did not know how to feel about all of that.

She was a voice for a long time to help, now Star was back it felt like the reinforcements had arrived. It was a spark of hope in Ca's mind.

The AI read the scans herself going into the details than an organic would perhaps miss at the first glance. "Given the temperature readings of the ship I am not surprised nothing is showing up. If there was someone alive, I could grantee they are barely holding on by a thread. I will bring us in steady hook us up through the Starboard hanger. I'll let Cynthia know you are on your way down sure she would want to go with you."

The Solus Darasuum slowly drifted closer and closer till finally hooking up with a series of clunks. A few more moments passed before the lights would signal pressurization had been achieved.

bJYbnIs.png

Equipment:
Comm device
Blaster pistol
Marzanna

The interior of the Marzanna was dimly lit with a low blue light and an eerie blue mist drifting around places at the ship's environmental systems fought against the cold shock, anyone who boarded would feel warmth and the force flowing through them as though it was a river, draining and swirling to some central point within the ship. I find mist of ice coated everything and made the floor slippery to stand on. The ship was pressurised but the air was far below zero and breath would curl with condensation.

Aboard the ship in the sleeping quarters, an intruder alarm sounded next to the sleeping and frozen woman. Her consciousness returned to her before her body thawed. She hated this part, but she now knew it well, the trapped in feeling where she could not feel anything or move her body, but she knew she was inside it. What was that noise? She was feeling muddled, she could barely remember where she even was. Was she on her ship? She remembered being in Dromund Kaas in the fight with the mandalorian and, did she die? No, not that. She vaguely recalled crossing the snow to get to her ship. Did she kill again?

She tried speaking but the air in her lungs was still frozen, she knew all of this was a result of her own powers, but she felt she wanted to scream out for someone to help her. In this, her panic and her fear would likely be felt by anyone near the ship. And someone that had met her before might recognise the force signature, but they might not.

The only movement so far on the ship was a medical droid that would head to the airlock to try and greet and interlopers. Whomever it was he would treat them as welcome guests in the pleasant, but slightly naive way thay medical droids were known to behave.

thanks ca, good to have a reliable AI like you

A AI that was pretty much her second wife in a way, standing firm her seat star stretched and casually made her way for the hangar, coming down she stopped to watch her wife and couldn't help but admire her, this small woman carried so much power, she was a survivor and had been through so much just to get back up again. A frown formed, ah yes just like yasha, she put a smile back on and approached cynthia calling out gently to her

cynthia, I'm sure you know already but I had ca intercept that signal and get us docked to the ship, life supports down ships ready negative twenty, gonna need to be fully suited up for this one riduur

She gave a smile and started for the hatch, checking the light to see its green she would await her wife

KJF7C89.png

"Cynthia, Star wanted to check out a ship that seems off to her. It had a distress beacon going and something to do with the force." Ca said speaking through the HUD of her helmet. The sounds of the docking with another ship made Cynthia raise her head and gripped the spear. Before having the chance to go get her other weapons as a cautionary approach star had entered the hanger.

"Yeah Ca told me. What we dealing with." She said approaching Stardust who awaited by the door. The spear changed into the sword configuration so the woman could stow it into the sheath. Cynthia already saw the light was green, as the woman came up to the door and smashed her fist against the button lightly to open the door way up. A burst of cold exploded out, the sudden temperature difference was easily felt.

Coming from out the darkness came a frosted over Medical droid. "Feth its a chiller in there." Cynthia said before fully acknowledging the droid. "What happened here?" She slowly pushed her way past the droid as the lights on the Buy'ce flicked on showing the glittering white of frosted over metal exaugurated by the darkness and the flashlight.

bJYbnIs.png

Equipment:
Comm device
Blaster pistol
Marzanna

The medical droid was startled by being pushed past but replied to the women. "Welcome to the Marzanna our captain has been severly injured and is currently sleeping, she required medical evacuation as top priority.

It scanned the two armoured warriors with its photoreceptors, as you a not medics i must remind you that under Concord Naval Law, this vessel I not currently covered by salvage status and any attempt to loot or otherwise remove this vessel could result in severe penalties."
The droid rambled on as it followed them along the icy corridor. The droid was concerned about the arrival of two unknowns but what could he do, he was a doctor, not a security droid.

"Our commander is in the third room on the right, please state your intentions before i unlock the door."

The droid would unlock the door if provided with an appropriste response, but however the two armed warriors managed to get in they would find the yound owner of the vessel lying in a bed. Bloodstained sheets were wrapped around her upper arm. She was beginning to thaw out was now beginning to start breathing, albeit shallow breaths due to both her cryo-sickness and a result of her injuries. Her eyes flicked around and she caught the women coming in to her room. She barely had the energy to respond to them, but she recognised the Solus colours from her dealings with Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae and she smiled, more convinced that these people were here to help her than hurt her.

"Hi...." came a very quiet voice using all air she had in her lungs to acheive few words. "my...distress....signal?"

total atmospheric failure, life scanner is bringing up nothing but I sense something on the ship...its...familiar and that worries me...oddly it feels cold

Star flicked her ring into the pouch on her side, the air grew hot around her and soon to steam ad the cold air rushed around her but left the twilek undisturbed as she looked around for any threats before stepping forward past the droid yet listened to it...the captain was alive? Had to be one hell of a person to survive this cold

if I wanted this ship salvaged I could do it with my hands, lead

She hated these types of droids naive and rather annoying but helpful. Following the droid she looked to the door finding it rather frozen, she reached out and began to het the door before moving her hand to move the door carefully as she led the way in steam and co sensation forming around her before slowly drying up. There she spotted a woman she had not seen in awhile

Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus ...yea we came upon it by chance your lucky..

She looked to the droid

if you can operate the systems I want you to get the temp level sorted out. Your captains in good hands

Star held her hands out, raising the top in the room carefully as she exhaled some steam and then grinned as she had it at about 50 degrees with some focus

cynthia, can you check her arm out while I keep the temp up

KJF7C89.png

As star heated the door Cynthia kept an eye out for anything dodgy. Though nothing else moved in the what seemed a ghost ship. Following Star inside She immediately saw the frozen woman as she tried to speak. Her head moved downwards the bottom of her buy'ce pressing into the chest piece of the beskar'gam. "Ca get the medical room heated up heavily, ensure the cooling for the fridges and freezes are bumped up to compensate."

Crouching besides Mairéad she began to check the arm stained with dark brown streaks of dried and frozen blood. Following the path she found the injury. A shot that was in the shoulder. Lifting the woman a little Cynthia checked for an exit wound. It seemed the round had passed straight through and given the size it was easy speculation that it came from a rifle, with poor shooting at that given it was a shoulder shot and not in the head.

Taking out the beskad Cynthia began to cut away the clothing that was in the way. She was not been carful in terms of the apparel since it was a case of it was coming off regardless. "This... well its going to hurt a lot. So grit your teeth. While I work at it, Can you tell me your name, age and if you are able to tell me if you have any allergies?" She digging around in one of her bags.

The mandalorian woman began to pull out several packs of gauze and bandage. Starting with gauze she would partly pack both sides to slow any more potential blood loss. Bit by bit she layered it and proceeded to wrap the bandage around after. "This is not a permanent solution. Just to help us get you A to B. Star when we get to the medbay, you will have to administer the Bacta. I should have some emergency ones for anyone but me. Also that med droid will probably be useful coming with. I will slot in a chip for Ca to take over. I trust her to do better assisting."

bJYbnIs.png

Equipment:
Comm device
Blaster pistol
Marzanna

Mairéad breathed a sigh of relief as she realised it was Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , a friendly face. "Where are we? I kind of remember setting my navi to Taanab, then i went to sleep." there was a noticeable change in the atmosphere as Mairéad felt safer, and the temperature began to rise. The droic chimed in "The extreme cold effect is a part of miss Mairéad's medical condition, as her mood stabilises, the ship's environmental controls should begin to compensate."

She looked at Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus as the woman began to administer treatment and gritted her teeth as the first sharp pains happened "you weren't lying there, er, my name is Mairéad, mid twe.. OW! ... mid twenties, I think, I'm not exactly sure. OUCH! OK, no allergies." Mairéad was tough and resilient, but her arm was a mess. By the time Cynthia had finished, the blood had returned to the woman's cheeks and her cryokinesis was mostly reversed.

She felt light headed and was showing signs of blood loss but was stable. "How've you been Star? Haven't seen you since Zygerria right? That was a good day, things slipped back a bit after that though." she pointed at her arm with a pained grin before her eyes glazed over a little and she momentarily went limp, her body was fighting against going in to shock. She lay down on the stretcher to be taken go the larger ship's medical bay.

The medical droid was a little put out that his primary functions would be taken over by a foreign AI, but his programming prevented him doing anything that might adversely affect the patient so he accepted the chip when given too him.

"What is your name? She asked Cynthia, trying go keep herself from nodding off. "I got shot by some mando of Kaas, then came her, I think I got him though." thinking of the colour of his leg changed as her icy icy grasp took its toll.

Last edited:
it's a good thing I know a bit, field medical comes in handy but I know a bit about working on someone

She said to her wife and gave a grin, turning her attention to Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , giving a chuckle she placed her ring on as the heat slowly went away

I've been quite busy actually, ya know, chasing artifacts, killing slavers, rescuing people. The usual, I've got more to tell you but we need to get you more stable and patched up before we do anything else

It was apparent mai was fighting shock, stars seen it to many times and experienced it herself to know the signs. Turning the streycheron she began to push it slowly ad she let a breath put steam rising from the chill in the air

good news is you made it to tanaab, but you sent the ship into shock it shut down and turned its auto beacon on. Your lucky you made it to this space and anywhere else double lucky because we showed up

Pushing her through the doors star made way for the med bay star spoke to ca

once you get control of that med bot gonna need a blood bag and the bacta brought to the table along with some gaze and possible tools, cynthia how bad was the wound?

KJF7C89.png

Cynthia stood leaving Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus where she was for the second so that she could insert the chip into its head. It would take a moment for Ca to initialize the link and calibrate. During that moment she carefully picked the woman up. There was hope Mairéad would hold out for a little and that her abilities would not freak out once again. "I'm Cynthia Solus of House and Clan Solus."

"All the equipment is in the medical room Star, no need to worry. Also, this droids servos seem a little clunky. Guess I am used to the sensations of a carbon body." The voice modulator on the droid gave no flexibility in tone of voice, it was flat with little inflection. The only tell was how Ca spoke that it was her inside its body.

"The round she took went straight through, when I we are in the medbay I will run a full scan for infection or other injuries that are not obvious. Hoping this is all, just a case of clean the wound, stich it up then you can dose it with bacta. Last thing I want is to swell up like a balloon and go into Anaphylactic shock. Any infections can be sorted out with a course of antibiotics." She took a left to go towards the Darasuum Solus. They began to walk through the almost empty hanger with what seemed like a hydroponic set up at the back leading into the cargo bay. The floor of the hanger had many scrapes and scratches that ran deep. All of them was contained to the center of the room and followed a pattern of rigorous daily training.

"So, what exactly happened that landed you this wound Mairéad? Also didn't know there was many vod that flew out to Kaas given all that has happened in the past." As they came into the main area of the ship Cynthia took a left towards the medbay. The door whooshed open and right a head was the medical bed. Unlike most medbays there was no bacta tank rather there was a lot of old kinds of medical equipment. "Okay Ca, you can start your work. Start with a full scan for other wounds."

"On it." She wasted no time as the AI began to use the ship and droid systems to run a fast scan. As for Cynthia she momentarily stood back out the way but still in the room.

bJYbnIs.png

Equipment:
Comm device
Blaster pistol
Marzanna

She began to think about her experience on Dromund Kaas, everything was a little foggy for her but she remembered. She lay on the medical board as the scan progressed and the commandeered medical droid got to work examining her wound. She began with a reply to Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus

"Vod is what you call other mandos right?" she winced as a probe entered her tissue. "So I was on Kaas following up on a lead, some old Sith stuff that might help me control my powers a little better, then this little 4ft nothing buck... mandalorian, showed up, must have assumed I was some darksider or something, they have this whole no Sith deal going on, but he didn't stop to check first." she glared at the droid for a moment as it continued to scan.

The scan would show that the soft tissue was badly damaged but all the major structures were mostly intact, there was contamination, but no signs of infection setting in. The bone itself was shattered and the top fifth of it likely need replacing with an artificial joint. It was a wound that should be well within the realms of repair by an advanced society familiar with war wounds. If they were doing a deep analysis, she would read as human, most likely from somewhere in the Tingel Arm, her cellular degradation put her at 22 years old, but she wasn't in the healthiest of conditions, years of neglect as a slave and then her nomadic lifestyle had taken its toll on the young woman.

She leaned back as the droid gave her a moment's respite and closed her eyes as she replied to Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , "I hope you didnt burn those slavers too quickly, i still see the face of zzRookal the Hutt zzRookal the Hutt from when I finally got hold of him and he could feel his death creeping over him." she smiled, it was a good memory. Her smile suddenly flashed away as Rookals bloated and frozen face was replaced by the terrified face of the innocent man she killed on Dromund Kaas, someone who was doing nothing but trying to help her.

An alert went off as the temperature in the room dipped in response to this traumatic image that Mairéad had presented to herself. It was the first time she had killed someone she didn't Intend to since she accidently froze all those slave girls on the zygerrian slave ship. Mairéad opened her eyes and looked towards Star for reassurance as a tear rolled out of her eye and froze on her cheek. The environmental controls would quickly stabilise the and as the vision faded, Mairéad would stabilise herself.

Both of the women had experience with stars elemental force powers, and Star already knew what Mairéad was capable of, but this small emotional episode would give them extra insight into what they were dealing with.

<ca I'm showing the bone shattered good portion of it might need to be replaced with artificial nothing we can do here on the ship but we get back we can definitely fix it>

She said to Ca in mando'a, moving around with the AI as she went to work getting some gloves in to use the bacta as she began to apply it and then paused to look up to Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus and gave a smile before it melted into a confused look as a cold chill gripped the room and then soon faded away as she finished up and nodded to Ca to do her work since she could do it more accurately then stars hand

hey hey hey get out of your head and come to the now, come to my voice aye? I burned those slavers as slowly as I could, I made sure they suffered as they had done to others and I continue to do so

Star to the gloves off and then her ring, she focused in the gloves as she burnt them away to bithing before sighing and placing the ring back on

you know, had I known your powers were...not as sharp I'd of offered to train you...in fact

She held a hand out and gave a smiled to mai

I know there isnt much out there for you mai, I want you to join us, join me, I will train you to control your powers...maybe eve to a level I can mine

KJF7C89.png

"Yeah, vode means brothers and sisters." She replied before looking at the scans. Over all it was not looking good. "That freezing trick certainly starved off any chance of infection. Certainly lucked out there." She spoke in mandoa to both Ca and Star. Seeing the bacta being pulled out, Cynthia made sure to stand further back and began to glove up herself, though more for her own protection. The temperature of the room momentarily began to drop even if most of the exess heat from the ship was been vented into this room.

It was hard not to notice that given the beads of sweat running down the middle of her back. Still this was to prevent anything like the ship next door. Still now that the bacta part was over Cynthia moved closer again just as her wife asked the woman to join us. To that Cynthia smiled lightly. "Its your call if you want to. To be come a mandalorian that is, part of Clan Solus of House Solus? Star wont be the only one to train you. I may not know the force chit at all, but my skills are pretty damn good." Her stance changed as the Alor spoke. She stood that gave the strong sense of a leader, strong, just and disciplined. Though perhaps that was her upbringing too.

Cynthia waited for the answer before turning to Ca's temporary vessel. "Ca, use one of the high-grade liquid anaesthetics. Hopefully that will take the edge off the pain."

bJYbnIs.png

Tags: Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

Equipment:
Comm device
Blaster pistol
Marzanna

Mairéad shook her head gently clearing her mind and getting herself away from the dark precipice, she took Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae hand and gripped it tightly as they worked. "Thank you, and yeah, my powers, I think some training might be better for everyone."

She listened closely to the offer from both Stadust and then from Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus . She thought for a moment and a smile crept on her face. "Ok, i think i'd like that, to have a family, be part of yours and have people who cared about me. I am so tired of being alone." her eyes welled up a little, but there was happiness and relief in these tears, that someone might remember her passing just for once. A tear rolled down her face but remained liquid as the elation kept her mood positive.

It was abruptly ended by a sharp stab of pain as her shoulder wound broke through the weakened mental protections she had wrapped it up in.

"Can you ask me again once i'm not dealing with this? But i think i want to join you, i will take any training you are willing to provide, but i will earn my keep, I promised myself I would always try to remain in noones debt and have noone in mine." being plucked out of space from a dying ship was probably going to take some earning back, but she'd let that one slide as they did save her life after all.

She grinned widely as the strong pain killers were injected into her and the world around her began to swirl, before long she was swimming on on a cloud of pain relief and oblivious to what was happening around her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom