Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frost Bitten

"Contact the King," the voice rang out, hazy within her mind as she staggered into the hall, propped up by the owner of said voice, "And send for a healer!"

She could feel the dull ache spreading from her shoulder, like ice it cut through her veins and threatened to overwhelm her. But she was Kära Hearthfire, she was a Vi'dreya, she would not falter. Not now. She winced ever so slightly as something was applied to the wound, stinging fiercely, but when the offer to alleviate her from her walking state was made she shook her head still. She was Queen of Midvinter, she would not be carried.

Her movements brought her to the warmth of her bedroom, but even that could not quell the shaking in her core. Lips had turned blue, skin paler than usual, and for a moment she realized that this might actually be it. "Thyrian" she murmured, she needed her Husband.

"He's on his way, your Grace, rest..."

Someone entered the room but the presence was unfamiliar. A warm hand was placed to her head, before a curseword was uttered under breath.

"How long since she was bitten?"

"Just ten minutes or so, ma'am."

"Clear the room."

When had she laid down? It felt so strange to her to suddenly be looking up at the wooden beams that made up the rafters, with some odd face staring down at her. Stern, serious, unwavering, she could feel deft fingertips pressing at the wound. She wanted it to stop, but she couldn't even find the strength to speak.

[member='Thyrian Hearthfire']

"Which one's next," the elder asked. "Hm... Blue," the small child replied. Thyrian began digging through the jar of crayons until a blue one came out. "There you go, one blue." If only all royal predicaments were so easily solved. Helping his son colour in his children's drawing offered a pleasant respite from tending to the duties of kingship, and although he himself was no artist he greatly appreciated the time spent between the two. They both lay on the floor, Thrand focused on his drawing with his father watching from across his paper canvas. The king was instead focused on the boy, taking in every minute detail of his young mind at work.

Then suddenly they both heard shouting ringing throughout the halls, and Thyrian quickly got up, knocking over the jar of crayons. "Thrand, stay where you are." He looked over his shoulder and down at the boy, making sure he heard him. "We'll finish up your drawing afterwards." An unsure nod came as response, and as he stormed out the door the lad got to work gathering up the spilled crayons and putting them back in the jar.

Rushing down the hallways towards the shouting, Thyrian's heart skipped a beat as he came upon the sight of his beloved queen. "Kära..." he gasped and stepped towards her. "Get out. All of you," came his command, soft as a whisper yet it left none with the urge to debate staying. He kneeled by her bedside and took her hand in his, and only then did he behold her wounded shoulder. "Snowflake, w-what... What did this to you?"

[member="Kära Hearthfire"]

Fire.

It spread through her shoulder and pulsated through her body like blood, searing her from the inside out. While she had always tried to suppress her weakness, to hide it from the light of day, a howl of pain escaped her as the grip tightened. It was reminiscent of a time, another life, where all she had come to be and know was snuffed in an instance of heated anger. She had succumbed to death that day, by the flames of the phoenix, and it very much felt as though the same fate would meet her now.

"Shhh" the healer soothed, stroking back the hair which had stuck to the Queen's forehead, "It is okay, it will pass..."

Yet for an eternity following it was all she could feel, all she could think. It consumed her until her eyes rolled back and threatened to cast her into darkness. And then a voice broke through it all, and the chill of his tone set ice to fire, quenching the lick of the flames.

While all in the room hurried to vacate, the healer stood her ground. "Your Grace, if I leave now I cannot promise her health."

Kära did not care if the woman left or remained, she knew in her heart of hearts that her sun and moon was close by. Strength was returning to her now that the fire had been quenched, and she lifted her head to look upon him. His hand was a comfort she clung to, drawing from his strength both mentally and unintentionally through the Force.

"Thyrian..." She managed a smile, yes her strength was definitely returning to her, and her shoulder had become numb to the pain. "I was overwhelmed. Vinterbound."

The healer hissed, though this was old news to her by this point, and eyed the wound warily. "It will not spread" the woman said, before bowing to the King and turning to leave. There was in truth nothing more to be done. As she reached the doorway however, the woman turned for one last moment. "Oh, and congratulations, Your Grace. Despite what you see before you, the Gods have smiled upon your Noble House once again. She is with child."

Leaving that to linger in the air, she left. And Kära simply stared to the ceiling, unsure if she had heard correctly in her stupor.

[member="Thyrian Hearthfire"]

Little attention was paid towards the healer standing her ground, all he cared about was to see her - his queen. When she offered her explanation Thyrian didn't know what to think nor feel. At first he felt angry, an intense hatred towards the Vinterbound and their continuous threat to his people despite their numbers becoming fewer and fewer with each roaming band hunted down and destroyed following the breaking of their army at Tháinbroek. That they would dare attack his beloved!

His anger soon turned to confusion, for how did a group of Vinterbound dare stray so close to the capital, let alone remain unnoticed long enough to cause someone harm? No, this only made him more resolute in wanting to end their unnatural state once and for all. So he settled on simply being worried for his beloved wife and mother of his child, caressing her forehead while holding her hand. He could feel her strength returning, slowly but surely, through their unbreakable Force bond.

As the healer left the two alone, she made mention of something the king dared not believe. They were blessed with another child on the way. "What? You're... We..." he tried to make sense of it all, becoming increasinly overwhelmed with sheer joy. He placed his ear upon her tummy, not realising it was too early to tell by hearing. Joyful tears formed in the corners of his eyes, and he couldn't help but let out a laugh coupled with the occasional sobbing.

"Another child," he marveled before leaning forward to press his lips to hers for a passionate kiss, moving his hand down to rest upon her stomach. He slipped into bed with her, taking her in his arms carefully to not cause her harm from her wound. "I love you so damn much, Snowflake."

The cacophony of emotions her beloved expressed was almost all-consuming for the woman who lay at his side. Anger, confusion, stout resolution, as much as any Valkyri had right to feel when faced with the threat of the Valkyri. All had done their part in bringing about the eradication of the scourge, moreso following the death of the High King, but they were a fickle force, their numbers were unknown, their true origin was unknown, it was difficult going up against an enemy you knew so little about.

Then something more.

Hope. Disbelief. Adoration.

Before she knew it he was beside her in the bed, and she was scooped into his arms. There she felt safe as always, and she turned to nestle against him though it pained her to do so. Through the fog of her mind understanding became paramount, and she too began to cry with joy.

"Another child?" she whispered, "can it truly be so?"

Son, daughter, it mattered not, Thrand had been the brightest of blessings upon their Household, and another child would only emphasize the luck of their home. There was so much to wrap her head around, and the thought of going back through the pregnancy was a little daunting. The Valkyri had their traditions which at times counteracted those she knew from the greater Galaxy at large. But she was their Queen, and it would be improper for her not to follow their beliefs during such a time.

"I love you, my Phoenix." Her hand gravitated toward his, and upon taking it she brought it down to her stomach. There was nothing much to feel in truth, but they both knew what lay within. And a little touch of the Force was enough to truly feel the speck of life within. With it came a fiercer understanding of the child within; no daughter for them, it would seem.

They would spend hours where they lay in each other's arms, allowing the initial rush of emotions to pass in their own time. Kära's wound still plagued her, and greatly concerned Thyrian. The healers had done what they could to combat any potential infection, rendering it but a flesh wound. No amount of medical explanations or reassurances would alleviate the king's worry, however.

So as they lay nestled in tender embrace, Thyrian's mind began to wrestle with its own thoughts. A mere year ago, an idea such as this would've never come to mind, for who was he to command such powers? Nevertheless, his want to save his beloved from her suffering proved too great to ignore, and so a hesitant hand was gently placed upon her bandaged and treated shoulder. He looked deep into her eyes, his own flickering to life as he drew upon the Force. It was a difficult process for the former Sith Lord, whose use of the Force mostly revolved around bringing harm to others.

But he was Sith no longer. The Ashborn died with his father, and he will remain ashes.

He knew he could not outright close and heal her wound as a Jedi or any other dedicated healer could, but that was not his objective. Instead his intention was to rid her of her pain, and take it for himself. The build-up of Force energy took a full minute, but the procedure itself only took but a moment. He could feel the pain slither up his hand and arm like a snake, before settling within his shoulder. Once finished, Thyrian breathed heavily while having never once broken eye contact with her.

"Let me bear your pain, Snowflake. I cannot watch you suffer. It goes against my every nature."

Her eyes were closed when he set his hand upon her wound. Nothing had been said, they were simply happy in one another's arms, lay there in the tranquility which had settled over the room. The realization of what was growing within had stirred something within her, a will to heal as quickly as she could, to bring back her inner strength, and she knew that rest would help with that.

But when she felt a strange sensation around her shoulder, and the stirrings of the Force, she could not help but open her eyes to look upon her Phoenix. Confusion laced her expression, she could see the pain in his own eyes and feel her own begin to disappear.

"What... What are you doing?" she breathed, even as he began to explain himself. This was wrong, her wounds were not his to bear. "Don't... Thyrian."

It was too late, she knew. He had already taken it upon himself, but that didn't mean she had to be happy about it. With a small exhale of breath she looked away from him, nestling in close to his chest. "You will not do that again, do you hear me? I am not afraid of pain or injury, but I am afraid of losing you. I will not have you take it from me at your own expense."

Her reaction to his taking on her pain confused him, and his expression reflected this with furrowed brows and slightly cocked head as he looked down at her nuzzling into his chest, seemingly avoiding eye contact. Had he done something wrong by aiding her, the woman he loved so? Was she not glad to be rid of her pain?

Even now, so many years later, there were still aspects of human nature which eluded him, it seemed.

But he chose to put such introspective thoughts aside for now, focusing on the here and now. His arms held her tighter, caressing the back of her head and her long, white hair. "Forgive me, Snowflake. I did not mean to upset you, I just wanted to help. You live for two now."

Thyrian then suddenly rolled them over where they lay in bed, putting her on top to rest upon his body where eye contact was unavoidable. Yet when she would look upon him she would be greeted by a smirk of all things. "Besides, I am so big and you are so small. I can take whatever you can dish out on me..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom