Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From One to Another

I knew what she was going to do. I knew various ways of teaching others to become better. It was not always about brute strength. While it does help in many ways, there will always be someone who gets just enough leverage on you, to rip you up from where you stand in ways you would never think possible. This is the many wonders and beauties of the force. Those who persevered, and became strong in more ways than one, would become the new generation of leaders, philosophers, prophets and so forth.

Yes, it was true, the strong survived, however, there was a spectrum. One that could be brought up at a later date. While Sahna didn't understand my words now, she will later. In order to see how a building is created, one needs to make a foundation. You may never see the foundation nor even think of it being the support of the entire building. But when faced with hardships, that foundation, your training will hold you in your place. Should you be strong enough. These lessons were only the foundation for the bigger picture.

I stayed silent as we began. I could feel the force acting upon the tablet with her attempts to move it. She was a smart girl, and would become even more so from this one lesson if she paid careful attention. As she predicted, her sudden release of the tablet sent if flying off to the side of the room and smashing into pieces with the force that I had been applying. I didn't even react to the breaking of it. Just smirked.

"One of the many things you have to do in your training, is self-discipline. Being able to correctly train yourself, and better yourself, on your own merits alone. The homework to practice your meditations is not because I am giving you busy work. My job is to give you the tools to succeed. What you do with them, is up to you."

Standing up from where I was sitting, I walked over to the broken pieces on the ground. Picking them up one by one. While I could have easily done it through the force like I had shown the dirt and dust earlier, I took my time to pick the broken and shattered pieces up. Speaking softly as I did so.

"Sahna. You are a smart individual. Shy and held back, but smart. Use your intelligence and wisdom, not just your brute strength to win your battles."

Having picked up a majority of the larger pieces, I walked over to set them on the table before returning to her.

"You aren't quite the giant you think you will become. No one is a giant when they all dream to be. The difference between you and everyone, is how you intend to reach your dream."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

If Sahna could have stifled the grin of triumph that was scrawled upon her pastel orange features, she would not have even bothered to try.

Sure, she had flinched and yelped as the datapad smashed into the far wall and shattered, but that didn’t detract from the welling pride at her victory. What did, however, was Ignis’s smirk. Her own smile fell a little as she spied it, spread across his face. He didn’t even blink as it had been destroyed, didn’t even look over at it. That was when she realised. This was what he’d been expecting her to do all along. He answered her question, something she hadn’t necessarily expected he’d do. It had been her whining, frustrated with her inadequacies. But she was grateful that rather than ignore it, or berate her for letting her frustration get the better of her, he gave her an answer with which she could not argue.

He stood and walked over to the broken remains of the tablet, beginning to pick up the shards. This gave the Togruta pause. They had literally just been practicing telekinesis. They both knew he could have used the force to pick up the pieces if he wanted, and with very little effort to boot. Intrigued, she pulled herself to her feet to join him, collecting many of the smaller pieces as he picked up the bigger ones. At his next words, she blushed, but nodded, taking to heart what he said.

She placed the pieces she’d picked up on the table as well, dusting off her hands before lifting them to touch her montrals as she turned to face Ignis.

“Dream?” She repeated, large blue eyes widening as she canted her head to one side, “I hadn’t even… given much thought to what that might be.”

She shrugged one shoulder dismissively,

“You’ve given me more to meditate on than I expected, honestly.” She confessed, “but… I’m grateful.”

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Sahna was slowly understanding what was being done. She was smart and would figure it out eventually. She would make it far with that head on her shoulders. The only thing is that she needed to be given the tools to do so. I was here for that reason. There was a part of me as someone who is a friend of hers, to just hide her away from the galaxy. Never teach her the force, and to simply live alone. Keep all the bad things away from her and defend her with everything. However, for the same reasons of being a friend, I needed her to learn. To discover the bad things. To feel them and to even use them from time to time so that she could become a better person. To know why someone needed a balance of the force and not be controlled or in servitude to only one side or the other.

It took everything out of me not to straight out tell her everything that she needed to know, or ever would want to know. However, that ruins the discovery of the power. Learning how to use it and function with it. In other terms, it would be like me handing a gun to a baby. The baby doesn't know how to use the gun. let alone handle it properly. The baby isn't even strong enough to pull the trigger. So I had to slowly train her and let her learn on her own with my guidance. It was a difficult task to take someone under your wing and bring them into the formation. Not just because you have to train them, but the fear that they will fall or fail.

Yet, as I stated earlier, Failure is our greatest teacher. My fathers failures are my teacher and have given me the strength to mold and build me into who I am. Let alone my own failures and mistakes. With so many of these thoughts, I calmed myself with a second to breathe in and release it.

"Study over that, and we will continue later."

I did notice that Sahna kept messing with her montrails. She stroked them like she would a babe, or a pet in her arms. With how shy and pent up she was, I could only assume it was a defensive habit she had gotten from her past. She had demons much like I had. While I became aggressive from my past, she seemed to become more submissive and docile. Still having a pure heart. I smiled a little and wanted to point it out, but not scare her. So I left it for now.

"Do you have any questions or do you think we are done for today?"

Flicking my wrist, the door opened and I almost ushered her out of the door since I knew that most of it was not going to be deep as we already covered that. Instead, I wanted to talk to her on a more personal level. Not be so serious. Maybe move on from the actual training and get a better grasp of why she was here and where she wanted to go, and what she wanted to accomplish.

"If not, I am hungry and could go for a meal. If you want, you can join me?"

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Ignis seemed to study her.

Sahna gazed back, wondering what he was looking at. She was not particularly strong in either the dark side or the light side of the force, not that she’d noticed, at least. What did he see? Did he see a broken, trembling babe, struggling to overcome things others did so easily? Did he see a girl hardened by her circumstances, accepting the things she’d had to do to survive? Did he see something that perhaps even she didn’t see? Why did she even care? The Togruta had grown up wearing rags, stealing food to survive, living in grimy slums with very little water. She had never cared much for what people thought when they looked at her.

His gaze seemed to fall to her montrals, drawing her attention to the fact that she was stroking them again. With a shake of her head, she dropped her hands, answering his question,

“No questions… yet.” She smiled. Oh, the questions would surely come before long. But she knew where Ignis was staying. It would be easy to track him down when they inevitably bubbled up.

She perked up at the mention of food. Ignis opened the door with a flick of his wrist, and ushered her through. She obliged eagerly, stepped out of the room and into the hall beyond. The moment they were out, her heart began to flutter in her chest. She turned away from him just long enough to grimace to herself. It’s not a date, silly girl. She scolded herself, it’s just food.

She tried her best to keep her attention off the swirling thoughts in her mind as she nodded at him,

“Food sounds great.” She smiled, “I actually haven’t explored the city that much, did you have somewhere in mind?”

She couldn’t deny it, fluttering heart or no, she was hungry. At the time she hadn’t seemed to realise, but the training they’d done had taken more out of her than she had expected. She had taken the first steps on a long journey with her teacher, but now she decided she wanted nothing more than to share a meal with a friend.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Yet she says. I couldn't help but smile at that one pause in her words. She knew she would have them, but didn't know when. Which is perfectly fine. While her mind still mulled and thought over our finished lesson, it would be difficult to think of anything else at the moment. However, when I asked her to join me for food, she seemed to be apprehensive for a moment before opening up to it completely. I was confused for a moment if she was having conflicting thoughts, but let it pass. What was she thinking about that would make her that way? I mean, I was just asking if she wanted to join me with food being present. I mean, most of the time I ate alone and with no one else. So I wouldn't mind company once in a while.

However, this was a little different. I knew that Togruta were a race of beings who were carnivorous. So I didn't quite know where to go. However, I had the smallest idea. A place I rarely went due to the prices of some of their imported goods, but they were good all the same. Speaking of, Sahna then asked if I had any place in mind as she hadn't gone out into the city much.

"I can think of one place, but we will need to get there from speeder. Its in the outter city."

That shouldn't be a problem. One of the easy two seatter speeders would work fine. However, to keep ourselves busy while we walked into the parking lot, I decided to ask quite the innocent question.

"Anything you have done interesting lately? We haven't talked much in recent days."

A very simple question just to fill the time. Small talk if you will. But the thing is that I really did want to know what she was up to. What she was exploring or learning or discovering since we had last met. Maybe she found some new friends or had another lesson with Jyn. You never knew. The other part of me was once more creeping up. Doubting myself and wanting to smack myself in the head for asking that question. Why would I ask that if I was really wanting to know more about her. So I tried to rephrase it.

"I mean, have you done anything recently?"

Oh gods. That sounded worse as though I were implying that she didn't do anything at all. What the hell was I doing?! Why can I not just have a simple thought be translated to words when talking casually to someone. But throw me into a room with a student and I am the one person who could win in any argument over anything? I shook my head a little. Trying to clear my thoughts.

"Nevermind. How have you been?"

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Ignis seemed to think for a moment before mentioning a place in the outer city. That sounded perfect, somewhere new to explore without being quite as busy as the city centre. Sahna nodded and smiled at the suggestion, turning to walk beside him out towards the parking lot. As they walked he asked her a question. He was right, it had been a few days since they’d really spoken. She opened her mouth, taking a breath to reply, when he rephrased it. She chuckled, glancing up at him. Why rephrase the question? He didn’t need to, she knew what he meant. He sounded… almost nervous. Perhaps the nerves of being someone’s teacher for the first time were catching up with him. As far as she knew, he hadn’t trained anyone else before her. Certainly not with the Je’daii, at least. He managed one more time before she was able to answer. She opened her mouth, grinning broadly,

“I’ve been… good.” She began. It was the truth, but somehow that was still something she was getting used to. She paused, letting the thought sink in before she continued. “Jyn has been good to me. I’ve mostly been just practicing meditation, nothing terribly exciting… although I did find this quaint little lake outside the city limits. It’s a wonderful place to cool off on hot days… perhaps I’ll show you sometime.”

She stopped, her brow furrowing. Did she really just invite him to her private sanctuary? How was she so easily disarmed? Well… it wasn’t strictly speaking her private sanctuary, anyway. She’d already met Ar’ekk, whom had proven as much. She changed the subject,

“What about you?” She asked, “how’s… what’s her name? Your friend, uh… Kinta, something?”

She did her best not to let the twinge of jealousy lace her words, but there was only so much she could do. Kinta was beautiful, a Zabrak woman with an incredible figure. No doubt Ignis would have noticed that, right? Besides that, she would know him a lot better than Sahna did. She flew his ship, to boot.

The Togruta grimaced, forcing the thoughts out of her mind. It didn’t matter, Kinta or no, Ignis still found time to talk to her, train her even. That was plenty, right?

[member="Ignis Imura"]

She chuckled at my fumbling. That single action made me question why she was, but also told me that she found something about me funny. Not sure how I could be funny, but apparently I was. I simply held my hand on the bridge of my nose and pinched it with my index finger and thumb. Shaking my head as she answered that she had been good. Taking a moment before continuing to share about Jyn and her lessons with her, as well as meeting Ar'ekk. I have only heard his name in passing as someone who was in quite the situation with Jyn. How much that went, I knew not. It took place after I had joined and before I came back from my fruitless mission of searching for more holocrons.

However, what peeked my interest was the question of Kinta. I thought she would have asked the same of me, not someone who she met in passing. Furrowing my brow a slight bit before answering.

"She's fine. She returned to Kro Var with my sister while I was gone. They are taking care of my mother and with the recent attacks between the Galactic Alliance, the First order and everything else, they wanted to protect her. However, she doesn't seem to want to move fro Kro Var."

Looking over to Sahna while she asked that question, we had reached where we could borrow a speeder.

"You guys happen to have a two seater?"
"What? Uh no. Sorry. This is the day where most of the apprentices go out to the city so they already took them. I do have a bike you could use though."

Well crap. I guess we will need the bike. Looking over to Sahna, then back to the man, I nodded my head before handing him my identification to be marked down that I was using the vehicle today. It took a moment. I was silent though. Handing me the keys, I walked over to the bike that was presented. Looking over to Sahna I voiced my thoughts of Kinta towards her.

"Are you worried about Kinta or something? I mean, she is a friend of mine, so trust me when I say that she's okay."

Thinking it over, how we had once held hands. Howe we hugged and had some form of a relationship together. Close friends, I then started to put the pieces together in just a second. It dawning on me, I smiled brightly and then shook my head with a chuckle.

"If you think you are interfering between myself and Kinta, then don't worry. We aren't together. She was an apprentice of my father and a friend of mine."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Sahna noticed Ignis pinching the bridge of his nose and shaking his head, apparently scolding himself for his stumble earlier. At her mention of Kinta, he seemed to glance up, answering something about the Zabrak having left for Kro Var. The Togruta opened her mouth to reply but paused as the reached the speeders. Ignis asked about speeders, but all they were offered was a speeder bike. She half-expected him to turn it down, perhaps make plans for another time. But to her surprise, and perhaps relief, he accepted it. Sahna stood back and left the silence intact as arrangements were made and they approached the bike. It looked nice enough, not that she would have known much different. Ignis continued, asking if she was worried about Kinta. Well… sort of, she supposed, but not quite in that regard.

Then he chuckled, smiling brightly and shaking his head. His next words in the same breath alleviated Sahna’s concerns and made her blush deeply. She’d been found out. But what exactly had he found out? She wasn’t even sure herself yet. Averting her gaze, she lifted a hand, pointedly looking at the speeder. The last thing she wanted to do was trip over and make a fool of herself. As her fingers brushed the metal of the vehicle she replied with a nervous chuckle of her own,

“That’s uh… good.” She replied, immediately grimacing. Good? Good? Way to go, girl. She sighed slightly with frustration at her own bumbling, before turning the conversation back to Ignis himself,

“How have you been, anyway? Have you uh… been enjoying Aurum?”

She grimaced again. Certainly not the most eloquent she’d ever been. It wasn’t like Sahna was used to saying a great deal anyway, she was quiet, content to listen. Even Jyn didn’t often get more than a few sentences out of her. Perhaps this practice would be good for her; learning to converse properly, to not make an idiot of herself. She bit her lip, admitting to herself that the idea of Ignis being the one to teach her was very agreeable indeed. She glanced over the bike, her free hand stroking one of her montrals,

“I’ve never ridden one of these before.” She mumbled, almost to herself. Her words were low, nervous-sounding. Speeders and ships were one thing, but there was something about the bikes in particular that seemed to play to her fears. Nevertheless, she steeled herself, she’d already faced a number of fears here. What was one more?

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Sahna seemed okay with the use of a speeder bike instead of a side by side vehicle. I knew we were friends and would be okay with being in one anothers company. However, as shy as she was, I didn't know how well she would take it with having to huddle up behind me on the speeder. Either way, I took the keys and just smiled at her reaction. There was something off about this conversion. The nervousness about us both, and how we kept stumbling over words. Walking over to the bike while she asked me about how the rest of my time here was spent, I vaulted my leg over the speeder and put the keys into the ignition.

"I have enjoyed my time here. The people are easy to get along with and the others in the Je'daii Order are people who I consider friends and allies."

Considering I came from a world where I had little to none of those, it was quite new to be in that situation. It was a new feeling, and now that I thought about it, I didn't really know what to think about it. I pushed it away from my mind as Sahna only now mentioned that she had never ridden one of these before. Smiling just a bit too much, I patted the seat behind me.

"Don't worry. I am a safe driver. If you need to hold onto something, you can hold onto the bike, or wrap your arms around my stomach."

Having ridden with my sister at a young age when I took my uncle's bike out just to keep the old girl running, she would hold me around my stomach. So I didn't see how that would be different now. However, it was different because it was a different person. A different reason, and a different time.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Ignis easily slipped one leg over the speeder bike and put the key into the ignition.

He seemed so at ease with the machine, he knew his way around it, as if he'd been around these quite a bit in the past. He sat on it so easily, looking as if it had been made specifically for him. Truthfully, Sahna felt the tiniest pang of envy as she watched how much confidence he seemed to have. Even in her own quarters the togruta didn't have that much confidence. She shelved the thought with the slightest of sighs, nodding at his words.

"It's nice to have friends." She agreed.

It was a simple thing to say, perhaps, but it was true. Aurum and its people had accepted both the stowaway Sahna and the darksider Ignis with open arms. It was a relief, in fact. Sahna still occasionally wondered where she'd be now if Jyn had not found her on Taris. Would she even still be alive? She had been at the end of her rope then, how much longer had she left in her? She turned her eyes to the young man. Was it the same for him? Had he been at the end of his tether when he'd found Aurum? Or had he come here via exploration?

She decided this was to be her next question, but perhaps it ought to wait until they'd arrived at their destination. There was little use trying to shout over an engine such as the one in the speeder bike.

"Well I've never been on one of these before." She mused with a smile.

She approached the bike and swung her leg over the side, pulling herself onto the seat behind him. After a moment's thought, Sahna wrapped her arms around his waist. Her arms trembled just a little. She drew in a deep breath and forced herself to be still, but her mind was still spinning. The bike itself was terrifying. At least with regular speeders you were somewhat enclosed, protected from the ground as it whizzed by beneath you. But with this, it was all just... mere feet away. On top of that, because she was petite, in order to get her arms around his waist, she had to lean into his back.

Butterflies sprang to life in her belly, her mind spinning as she clung to him. She let out a sigh, forcing herself to relax somewhat. Her arms around his waist tightened as her heart raced in her chest. She was just nervous about being on the speeder bike, that's why her breaths were short and shallow, why her chest was a little tight. It was definitely not because she was so close to Ignis... right?

"Okay, ready when you are."

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Sahna was a little nervous. I didn't even have to use empathy in the force to know this. I could just see it in her eyes and her movements. At the very least she wasn't grabbing onto her montrails. I just had a sly smirk as she started to move onto the vehicle. Stating once more that she hand't been on one before. Since I had, there was no reason for me to just throw her into the deep end. While I was tempted to just shoot off as soon as she sat down, I quelled that thought and feeling before I could do so.

I lifted my arms a bit so she could adjust her arms around my waist and stomach. For her fingers to even reach all the way around to grab me, She was leaning directly against my back. I could feel her against me. I will be honest. I felt a little... excited? Not sure if that's the right word. But I was secretly glad that she was able to be on the bike with me. Taking my right hand and placing it over the top of hers after she had squeezed me a bit, I chuckled.

"Don't squeeze too hard. I need to be able to breathe while I am driving."

It was purely a joke. Hopefully to let her feel more at ease. Going into that, I kept my hand on top of hers even as we started to move and take off. Driving with just my left for now since it was mostly used for steering while my feet were using the clutch and shifting gears. I eased us out of the lot and onto the main road that would lead us through the city. After a few moments, I took my hand off so I could correctly drive. It was kind of difficult for me to talk to her while driving since we were open to the elements as well as the engine purring loudly. The roads weren't that difficult to travel on. Not winding or anything. Just a simple few turns here or there to get to where I need to go.

However, we had to stop while it seemed others were crossing. Taking a second to look back behind me, I decided to ask.

"How are you liking it so far?"

[member="Sahna Te"]

Valgærd

Don't squeeze too hard, right.

Sahna loosened her grip ever so slightly, before her face grew warm and she tightened again. He was joking. She might have heard that slightly teasing hint in his tone as he spoke, that playful smile that was no doubt on his lips. Despite the deep blush, she smiled, even managing a slight chuckle.

However, the chuckle faded a little. She could feel his hand over hers, the warmth from it. That might have been just because he was a pyromancer, because of the sheer amount of energy those hands could wield. Either way, it was comforting to feel the touch on her hands. Comforting? Yes... and perhaps just a little exciting as well. She ignored the feelings, focusing instead for the moment, on the bike itself. Ignis turned it on, she let out a gasp. He then pulled away from the lot, and the gasp became a startled wince. Her arms around his waist tightened in the same moment, the wiry togruta clinging to him with all the strength she had. She didn't even have the wherewithal to be embarrassed at the little squeak that escaped.

But as the bike droned on, the young man moving his hand back to the handlebars, Sahna felt something else. She had been squeezing her eyes shut, feeling the wind whip around her. But with the engine humming beneath her, the world whizzing by, she chanced a glance around. Her heart was in her throat, and she kept her head pressed against his back, but she opened her eyes, watching the world go by.

It was incredible.

She gazed around, watching in awe as the city raced by. Her stomach lurched as the bike carried them onwards, being controlled with expert precision. As she watched, the fear began to melt into something else, something almost alien to the girl; pure, elated, childish glee. She continued to watch, feeling the wind whipping past her horns and montrals, even lifting her head a little.

By the time Ignis pulled to a stop, she was grinning wildly and when he turned to ask her how she was, her response was to giggle outright. She lifted a hand from his waist for a moment to cover her mouth, blushing at the unintentional sound,

"I'm... it's... so much fun!" She replied breathlessly, the excitement from the experience spilling over in the form of a tight hug around his waist, "how much farther?"

She bit her lip, her pastel orange face lit up in pure enjoyment. It wasn't unusual for Sahna to be afraid, but to come out not only on top of her fear, but to be truly revelling in the experience, it was a truly rare thing indeed.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Sahna was scared at first. I knew that much. The digging of her crown into my back, while it didn't hurt, I still felt it. Later it was slowly releasing and becoming lighter. I didn't know if she was just getting used to it, or was gently releasing her hold on me as she got used to my driving. I assumed I may as well teach her how to drive one of these in the future. Wouldn't be that difficult to teach her. I mean, I now am her mentor in the force. No reason to let that be the only thing I can provide her with. Seeing her face light up as she stumbled over her words in excitement made my smile grow just that much more. Shrugging my shoulders, I then lowered myself just a tad. Preparing myself for what was coming next.

"Oh its only about five minutes. But I can make it in two...."

Letting my words drift off with the sentence, as soon as it was clear, I gunned the throttle. Shifting gears as the whine of the engine rose in pitch, only to drop for less than a second only to resume the high pitch whine. Changing gear four times and slowly rising into the fifth as we zoomed by the city. In order to avoid crashing, I zipped from one lane to the other. Tilting into the direction I was changing lanes with. Easy and comfortable for me. My smile brightened as I reached fifth gear and then threw it forward.

However, it was just getting better. We were coming up to another intersection when the signal changed to indicate for us to slow down. I ducked my head lower and gunned it harder. The whine got so loud in my ears I felt like I was reaching max speed. Then suddenly the light changed to indicate a full stop. However, I was going way too fast to stop now. I zoomed across the intersection just seconds before the other side would be indicated to go.

Howling like a lupine creature, I slowly eased us down to a normal speed. Downshifting to gear two and then down to another stop. Pulling onto the side of the road to only look back and see the reaction of Sahna.

"How about now?"

[member="Sahna Te"]

Valgærd

Ignis was grinning.

It made Sahna's heart flutter a little in amongst its excited racing. It was joy; simple, unadulterated joy, that they were sharing. They were just... having fun. The girl had had many experiences upon reaching Aurum, but this one was by far her favourite. They were just enjoying one another's company, and the excitement and fun of racing the speeder bike through the city.

Well, she had thought they'd been racing.

Ignis settled himself a little lower into the seat. Reflexively, Sahna did the same, tightening her grip on him and pressing herself into his back a little. She could sense even before he spoke that he was planning to do... something. He told her he could make the five minute journey in less than half the time. The words hung in the air for a moment, causing the togruta's heart to suddenly race.

"W-what?" She replied uncertainly.

Her question was answered promptly as he suddenly gunned the throttle and took off at lightning speed. She squealed in shock, her stomach lurching, as they suddenly began to speed through the city. Their previous ride seemed like a crawl compared to the way the bike tore up the road now, leaving everything in its wake. The wind stung her face, forcing her to keep her eyes closed. The engine whined and screeched. She gasped, clinging tightly to Ignis as he threw the big forwards. She could feel him through the force, positively revelling in the ride. He was completely at ease with himself and his skills, which perhaps was alleviating a little of her fear.

Sahna herself, had never felt so exhilarated. She felt her heart thundering in her chest, adrenaline racing through her system as her blood pounded in her ears. The faster he went, the more excitement she felt coursing through her. Ignis was approaching a signal. It changed. He sped up. It changed again. Sahna's heart was in her throat. The bike roared forwards.

They shot through the intersection, leaving it far behind them. It was like breaking atmo, the togruta feeling the euphoria rampantly coursing through her. Ignis threw his head back and howled wildly. She couldn't help it, between the pure joy, the excitement, her own thundering heart, Sahna lifted her head and howled right along with him.

When they finally reached their destination and the bike slowed to a stop, he turned to her.

She was grinning wildly, panting heavily, still riding the high of their race through the city. She took a few moments for the buzzing in her head to subside, leaning back and moving her hands to cover her forehead in disbelief.

"That was... incredible!" she replied breathlessly, moving her hands to gaze up at him, "that might be... the most fun I've ever had. Thank you."

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Sahna's face was lit up like a Life Day tree. Her emotions were so open and vibrant. It was as though the grey skies parted and revealed a sun so bright, it could be nothing more beautiful and unadulterated. Her thanks brightened my mood. It seemed I was doing something right if I was able to make someone have a good time. To brighten their mood, and maybe, just maybe, make a good impact upon them. I am glad that it was Sahna who I had made their day. Indicating for her to go ahead and get off, I threw the bike into a parked position. Turning off the engine and taking the keys out of the ignition. Pocketing them so I wouldn't lose them.

Once Sahna had gotten off and it was a little more quiet so I didn't have to speak over the engine, I indicated the place. A nice little mom & pop restaurant. All in-house cooking and goods. Everything that was made here was natural and gathered on the planet of Aurum. However, I still spoke about the ride here even though I could have told her the information about the restaurant.

"I am glad you enjoyed yourself. If you would like, I can teach you how to drive?"

I didn't know how she would take it. So her response would just be something I could mull over and think about for a bit, then move on. It wasn't something that we would be doing right now, but something that we could do later on. Just as friends, or as mentor and student. Either would be fine with me. Opening the door for Sahna. I led her inside. There were a few booths around the left side of the wall, with the main bar on the right, and a couple tables with chairs in between the two. The total seating was barely two dozen. With the bar fitting about half a dozen of those itself.

Walking up to the register, The lady walked up from the kitchen as the doors made a chime when we walked in. She eyed the both of us with a smile and the began to ask questions.

"Where would the two of you like to sit?"
"Booth please."
"What will you order today?"
"Two of today's specials."
"Go ahead and take a seat. I'll be with you in a moment."

Nodding my head as thanks, I led Sahna over to the booth. Easily sliding down into the seat facing the door. If she wanted to sit next to me, or in front of me, I wouldn't care either way. Nor would I object to either. Once I sat down, I started to explain the special for today.

"So every day they have a different meat special. It could be the same kind of meat, or whatever, but different cuts and different spices they use will make it taste far and away from the previous day. Honestly, I have no clue what it is, but I know its good. I hope you don't mind that I ordered us both that?"

It was true that I felt a little weird for asking that, but I didn't want to order something that would be clearly wrong. So something new and different that I knew I hadn't tried, nor she had would likely be the best choice.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Sahna's head was still spinning. She climbed off the bike as Ignis parked it and took a few steps away. She felt... light, lighter than she had in a while.

She was still catching her breath, giggling somewhat as she skipped over to Ignis. He told her about the little restaurant he had picked out. It sounded nice, cozy, even. But honestly, her mind was still reeling from the ride and the excitement, nothing really stuck. She wanted to dance over to him and cling to his arm, to gush over how much fun she'd had. But that would be far too forward. Besides, he seemed quite relaxed, the last thing he'd likely want was to have her hanging off him like an excitable child. He offered to teach her to drive, and she turned her head around to glance at the bike. Drive one of those? Like... on her own? Sahna opened her mouth to say no, but something stopped her.

"You know what?" she replied, "I would, very much."

The togruta smiled as she followed him into the restaurant. There were, in fact, a great number of things she'd like to learn; things she'd wish she knew how to do for a long time. It was only just now occurring to her that, well, she could. She could do anything. She seemed to disappear into her thoughts for a while as Ignis found them a seat and ordered for them. She snapped her attention back to him as he addressed her.

She slid into the seat opposite him, propping her elbows up onto the table and resting her chin on her fists. Perhaps it was not the most ladylike of positions but Sahna hadn't the time nor the inclination to learn to be ladylike. She tilted her head to one side, montrals brushing the tabletop as her blue eyes focused on the man opposite her.

"I don't mind," she chuckled, "saves me staring at a menu for half an hour and then just asking for your input anyway. So, how did you find your way to Aurum?"

Possibly not the most graceful of conversation segues, but it'd do.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Apparently I saved us some time staring at menus. Her chuckle sent a small smile to my lips. Knowing that in the future we need to come here again it seemed. Even if it were just as friends, I would be fine with that. She then asked me a question. I was actually rather close to this subject, but I completely understood why she asked. A dark person like myself wouldn't want to become lighter? right? My smile faded a bit when I thought about it. How I had come to the mind set back then to choose to look for the Je'daii. Sighing, I answered her.

"I grew up in a family where my Father was a Sith Lord. Well known for how dark his is and the monstrosities he could create. Using the Dark side of the force to corrupt many people. He was always causing pain to those around him. Including me. I didn't have that great of a childhood. Constantly under his shadow and eye. When he left, I had to survive almost on my own. Yes my mother was there, but she is a husk of her former self. She has been through so much, that I took it upon myself to take care of the family."

In order to explain why I came to the Je'daii, how I came to find them, and why I sought them out, Sahna needed to understand where I came from, and where I wanted to be. How I was someone who needed help in every sense of the word.

"Growing up in the Sith Empire, I joined their ranks, and am still part of their group. However, I knew that I could find a place somewhere else. I was always looking for somewhere to call home. The Sith didn't fill that role. I heard rumors of a barely visited planet that had growing structure and rumors of a temple being built here. So I came. That was the first time we met actually. Asha had been kind to me, and soon after, I came into the mentorship of Jyn who is helping me to control my emotions. While I have most of it down, and thus am able to kind of do what I want, I still have much to learn."

Letting my head look down at the table. The wax reflecting the lights around us up into my eyes. I didn't want to look at Sahna. Ashamed of being labeled as one of the Sith. It hurt to be with them in various cases. Preventing us from talking for a bit, The waitress came over with the plates of food. Nice and hot and ready to eat. Even a glass of water to go with it. I didn't really pay attention to what she said. However, I knew we could pick different drinks if we really wanted some.

Picking up my fork, I just kind of held it there. Not moving, nor doing anything.

"Sorry, just kind of a dark subject for me."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Ignis let out a sigh. He seemed to deflate a little, become... softer? Quieter? He did not seem quite himself, that was for sure.

He spoke about his past, about his family and the harsh upbringing he suffered. He mentioned the Sith, and how he had been around them, grew up in their Empire. Sahna felt her hands moving across the table of their own accord, seeking to wraped her fingers around his. She gazed at him, feeling her mind reaching out with the force, almost without her willing it to do so. She felt the swirling emotions that were assaulting him; the pain, the anger, and the shame.

The waitress came with their food. Ignis refused to look up at Sahna, in fact he kept his eyes averted. The togruta glanced up at the waitress and quietly thanked her. Ignis picked up his fork, but did nothing else. He seemed to be gripped by the past, firmly entangled within its clutches.

She slowly moved one hand to his chin, not entirely sure what was guiding her. She used no force, and if he wished to resist her she would not make him. But she gently placed her fingers upon his chin, seeking to turn his face towards hers. She wished so desperately to look into his eyes, without even truly knowing why. Perhaps she wanted him to see her, perhaps she just wanted to see him. She was not truly sure. For a few moments she said nothing, sitting with the gently curling steam from the food softly wafting in the air. What could she even say? How could she follow that? There were no words that could soothe such an expression.

"I am so sorry." She murmured quietly, "I... had no idea."

Her own cheeks burned with the shame of having dredged up such painful memories. This was supposed to be fun, pleasant, and she had gone and ruined it.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

The thoughts of my father. My family and how I had wanted a 'normal' childhood. Just to be able to play with toys. Get some desk job or work in the factory, Get married to some highschool sweetheart and die of old age. However, I was meant for something else. My life was built for something more. To do more. Just sitting there, part of me wanted to go back and change that. However, there was something, something within me that was keeping me from wanting to do this completely. However, I looked up when I felt a gentle and soft pair of fingers inclining my head up.

Looking across the table to see Sahna, as well as our free hands that were touching, holding one another, she spoke softly. Making an apology for what had happened. I smiled sadly.

"It's not your fault. You weren't the cause of it."

Looking into Sahna's deep blue and forgiving eyes, I knew for a fact that she was someone who didn't feel pity for me. She did feel sorrowful, but she saw who I was currently. Someone who was still fighting to overcome their demons, their fears, and their trials. Just as she was. I returned the hand holding, and even let my fork be sat on the table so I could grab her other hand from my chin.

"It took place a long time ago. Its my fault for living in the past. Can we um... can we talk about something else?"

That much is true. I lived too much in the past. I needed to move on, but at this moment, I didn't know how. I didn't know what would be required of me to find a way to move past it all. Maybe someone will reach out to me, or I will just get the answer by meditation. I had no clue. However, as this was supposed to be a nice time between us, I wanted to change the subject.

"Do you like Aurum? How are you finding it here? Being shy and all, I wonder how you deal with everything."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

The young Imura looked into her eyes. Sahna Te looked back, looked as deep into him, beyond the corruption-tainted gaze to the man that lay behind them.

There was something she recognised within them. There were demons back there. Ones he had fought and defeated, others that still plagued him. She felt from his gaze that he could likely see the demons behind her own eyes. She saw strength in him, and an overwhelming acceptance of his fate, his destiny. He spoke quietly, soothing her worries and blaming himself for living in the past. She nodded at his suggestion to move on, slowly un-linking her hands from his as the moment receded somewhat.

She glanced down at the steaming plate of hot food, reaching for her fork as she mulled over his question. She put a little meat onto her fork and brought it to her lips, gently blowing on it to cool it down a little before taking a bite. It was the only time she seemed to let her sharp, pointed teeth show. On someone as meek as her, the vicious-looking things would appear incredibly out-of-place. She closed her eyes, taking a moment to enjoy the taste of the food, before swallowing and answering him.

"I love Aurum." She began, "Jyn has been so good to me, everyone has. I honestly did not believe such a haven as this could exist in the entire galaxy. It feels... nice."

She paused, considering something for a moment as she reached for another mouthful,

"I am still not very good with people, but... I spent a lot of my childhood beneath streets far busier than these. The most difficult thing to get used to is that the people here want to stop and say hi to me. I'm... not used to that. I guess, the urge to size up their pockets never really left me, either."

She chuckled, but averted her gaze from Ignis. It was a little joke, but the nugget of truth from which it came still nagged at her. Would he still accept her if he knew the dire straits from which she'd come? No, now was not the time to worry about that. They were supposed to be having fun. She forced herself to glance up at him,

"How did you find out about this place? It's amazing. You were right, the food is really good."

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom