Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From One to Another

Breathing in and out, I slowly prepared myself to meet my new student. We were paired up according to the council. After my time being with them for this long and studying the various tomes, and holocrons within the library, They thought that I needed to do something more. They have asked me to teach another person. To bring them under my wing and to tutor them within the force. I had argued with them for a moment about my rampant emotions and how dark they still considered me. Yet, I was just given a reason that was as good as any.

Lessons can be learned from anywhere. Not just the library.

It hit me hard. Accepting this, I was told that my student would be waiting for me. Jyn gave me a smile that just seemed to know what was going on, and almost egged me to cross the room and ask her. However, I did not. I left for my room. Preparing myself for whatever may come. I had changed clothes to suit the teaching a little more formally. Would be a little weird if I came to someone in a vest and a heavy metal band t-shirt and ripped jeans. Exchanging it for a more formal attire of a nice pair of slacks, and a tunic. I carried my sword upon my side. A sign that I had done quite a bit in my time with the Je'daii. Maybe garner some respect from the person.

Walking down the hall, I came to the room assigned to me. Slowly, I breathed in and out. Focusing upon my composure and then walked into the room. Speaking before I even saw who it was.

"Good evening. I am Ignis and I will be your mentor. Appointed by the council, I will trai-"

Opening my eyes to see who was standing in front of me.

Sahna.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Her heart was aflutter.

Her mind was spinning.

Her stomach was doing flips.

Sahna closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. She held it for a few moments, taking a step backwards from the swirling emotions in her core. Once she had done that, she let it out, attempting to let all her nervous energy flow out with her. It... mostly worked. When she opened her eyes, the young woman was still left with her hands fidgeting in front of her. She swallowed, still wrestling with a racing heart. Well, this was why she was still a student. Any minute now someone would walk through that door ahead of her, someone to whom she would be expected to look up, learn from, and study under, doing everything they said. Would they be strict? Lax? Tall? Wait... why did she care if they were tall?

The togruta let out another long sigh. In all honesty, she had no idea why she was so nervous. Perhaps it was the formal nature in which this all seemed to be conducted. The council had paired her with a teacher, someone to train her properly one-on-one. She hadn't met them, she didn't even know the first thing about them. Yet, here she was expected to wait. Perhaps if the meeting were to take place somewhere less formal; the library, her quarters, the trainer's quarters, hell... the lake beyond the city limits would have been less confronting.

But... she steeled herself, squaring her jaw. It was no use pining for a simple route. No one ever grew without facing challenges. Perhaps this was to be her first lesson; let come what may, and accept it.

As she pondered the words she heard a voice.

Instantly her finally settled heart resumed its hammering against her ribs, her calmed mind spinning. But... she recognised it. As the trainer entered the room he stopped mid-sentence, clearly coming to the same realisation as she;

It was Ignis.

Perhaps if she hadn't been so nervous previously, Sahna would have had more control. As it was, she was more relieved to see his familiar face than she knew she could be. The silence of his unfinished greeting hung for but a moment before she let out a gasp. It was half relief, half excitement. But all that pent up nervous energy had to go somewhere, right?

"Ignis!"

She raced for him, arms outstretched, seeking to wrap him in a tight hug. Unless he stopped her, she'd embrace him tightly with all the strength she had for a few moments; before realising how improper she was being. She would then leap away from him, hastily brushing herself down and biting her lip, stammering a mumbled apology.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

I was surprised to see that the student, the person I was tasked with teaching would be Sahna. I was so nervous and wanting to be formal that I didn't even think to feel for her signature within the force, nor ask who my student was. I was almost dumbfounded as she closed the distance and hugged me. I made a small huff sound as she hit me and attempted to return the hug when she backed up and started to try and make amends. Part of me wanted to be formal and tell her not to do that again, but...

It felt good. Like the weight of the world was taken off of my shoulders. Moving forward, I took her smaller frame into my own. Wrapping my arms around her and gently resting my head on her crown. I felt completely relived that I would be the mentor of one of the few friends I have ever made in this galaxy. More over, I had no reason to hide from her. I was more than fine with sharing this thought with her.

Pushing her back just enough so I could look her in the eye.

"Don't apologize for that. I welcome it."

Squeezing her shoulders lightly, I licked my lips once before speaking again.

​"Now, I am assigned to teach you in the force. So, can we agree that if we are doing something more... strenuous or formal, that we stick to that?"

I wanted nothing more than to just sit down and talk to her. To have a conversation, or to just talk about aspirations and dreams. However, this was something of a formal moment. I didn't want to detract from that, but also wanted her to know that this sign of friendship was more than welcome. So a compromise was likely the best option at the moment. Looking into her soft blue eyes as I spoke, I knew that this relationship we had would only flourish more so that we were now considered Master and apprentice.

"Sound like a good idea?"

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

What a first impression.

Well... was it truly a first impression? She knew Ignis already, he was perhaps her closest friend, in fact. That was why she'd made such a childish mistake. But... that was just it. They knew each other as friends. He had never met Sahna the student before now. So, yes, she supposed that was a first impression she'd just royally screwed up. Great, she'd been lucky enough to have Ignis show up as her teacher, someone she already knew and trusted, and in just a few moments she had gone and ruined it.

But as she was internally chastising herself for the slip-up, she felt arms close in around her. She let out a sigh, feeling all her trepidation flee from her as Ignis rested his head atop hers, hugging her close for a few moments. Perhaps she had been too overly eager, but the man before her had a way of just... making it all okay. He held her at arms length, looking into her eyes as she gazed back into his. He'd changed from his usual attire into something a little more formal, a strange thing for her to notice, perhaps, but notice she did. It suited him, made him look... older. Sahna herself still wore the simple brown tunic she always wore. Appearance had never been high on her list of priorities. It was modest enough and warm enough. For now, it'd do.

As he spoke, squeezing her shoulders, she nodded, the smile on her lips and in her eyes broad and genuine. However, despite the grin, she listened to him intently, her hands staying intentionally away from her montrals as he continued to speak. At his question, she nodded,

"Yes it does... Master."

She paused, as if testing the word, seeing how it fit between them. She had believed it would be strange, to call her friend by such a title. But... the word seemed to fit him. He had wisdom, experience beyond his years. Her mind wandered back to their first outing together, fetching the holocrons. He'd been just as much a teacher then as he would be now, it was merely formalised. The council, she figured, must have noticed this before she did.

"So, blunder aside," She chuckled, blushing and dropping her gaze for a moment, "I am very eager to learn anything you can teach. I hope... I hope I can be a worthy student."

She nodded to herself before once again lifting her eyes to his. The opportunity of a lifetime had been presented to her, not so much on a silver platter, but wearing a tunic and slacks. More than anything she wanted to make sure she did nothing to screw it up.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Her entire demeanor was jumping. She was eager to learn, and even more so from myself. A friend and ally. My head inclined to her as she spoke the words of yes master. She may have thought it rolled over the tongue, and fit well, but I did not. For a long time of my life, My father made me call him that. I was a servant under his name. Not an equal. Nor would I ever become one. She went ahead and spoke. Making note that she was eager to learn, and that she would be a worthy student. There were a few things I wanted to rectify from the start.

"A student is a student. Failures are a teacher to you. Failing will not make you any less worthy."

After I spoke it, I wanted to pat myself on the back for how so well spoken it was. As if I already was a master of the force. Yes I did have some mastery over it, but not to any level that my father and uncle had. Despite this, I continued on with my voice.

"As much as it may be formal to call me Master, I do not wished to be called that. Teacher, or my name will suit just fine. You are not a servant of mine, nor a slave. Thus I feel master is a word I will stay away from."

I hoped this didn't disappoint her. She seemed so happy to give me that title, when I was but a few years older than her. Master is a title reserved for someone who has learned everything, of their craft, and can learn no more. A teacher can still become the student at any moment. Despite this little change, I gave it a moment for my words to sink in before I went on.

"Before I can teach you anything, I need to know where to start off from. I know to some extent of what you can do when we retrieved the holocrons, I require that you tell me or show me what else you know you can do. From there, we can teach more advanced abilities, or if there are any missing hole, we can fill them."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Sahna noticed Ignis's expression at the word 'Master'.

He didn't seem to like it. No, that wasn't it, not quite. But he appeared to squirm a little, as if he didn't think it suited him. He spoke, giving her the first of what would be many lessons. She fought back the urge to scoff at the words. Why couldn't the first lesson be an easy one? The words had been simple, eloquently spoken, easy to remember; a perfect way to frame the important meaning they carried, in fact. That was good, for as she stood, biting her lip, she knew that she would likely need to hear them many times over.

His discomfort seemed to pass, and he appeared to straighten a little. He spoke again, offering her a new title, or the freedom to just call him by his name. At first, she wasn't sure about using his name, not at least, when he was teaching. She felt as if it wasn't proper, like she ought to respect the position he had over her. But... she hadn't done this before, perhaps it would be okay. Of course he still was Ignis; her closest friend here.

He paused for a few moments, letting all he had said so far sink in. It was simple, easy to remember. She felt... at peace with the decision the council had made. When he began again it was with an instruction. Show him what she could do. Well, that shouldn't take long.

She glanced around them for a moment, spying a loose datapad on a nearby table. She closed her eyes and centered herself, before lifting one hand. The datapad mimicked her, raising a few inches off the table. It hovered a moment or two before she let out a sigh, lowering it back down. She sheepishly glanced up to him,

"You already knew I could do that, though." She chuckled. Her smile faded a little, becoming a slightly more concentrated look, "I can also... sometimes tell when danger is nearby, or when someone is going to do something really good or really--" She trailed off; bad. She had never confronted the fact before now that she had known what Aranias was going to do before he did it.

Shaking her head and forcing the thought aside, she focussed on Ignis instead,

"Sometimes, I can also, um... sense things." She drew nearer, raising a hand. If Ignis allowed her, she'd place her fingertips gently on his temple, closing her eyes, "not thoughts or anything, but more... feelings."

She slowly drew in a deep breath, imagining herself taking a step backwards from all her thoughts and feelings. As she let out her breath in a sigh, she imagined all those thoughts flowing out with her, focussing on nothing but the force user in front of her. She sought to feel him through the force, his feelings, his intentions, anything that might be strong enough to be felt through the force.

Although, Ignis was quite a bit more experienced than she, and anything she might glean would be at his discretion.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

She was a little shifty about the change of name. Sure, I wouldn't really mind being called a "Master of the Force," but until I have reached that point, I don't want that part of me. I haven't reached the top. I am nowhere near. As such, It was reserved for a later time. Much later. Until then, I will do what I can with the title of teacher or mentor. Sahna would respect that considering we were not just allies, but close friends. Even more so that I seemed to almost demand that of her. It wasn't my intention, but I wouldn't stand for that. Letting that thought slip away as she then smiled and started to show me the various skills she had, I paid close attention.

Lifting the datapad, and even commenting that I knew she could do that already. Yes I did, but I didn't know the extent of what she could do. How far she could push herself. Continuing, she went to explain about sensing of feelings. She then attempted to do the same. Feeling the impression of her, and her eagerness only got stronger, as well as a small nervousness, and a twinge of past fears. Likely from the last thought of feeling precognition. Small amounts, but enough to warrant it. Nodding my head, I smirked lightly.

"You know enough of the basics to pass, but you will need to learn more. The first ability is called telekinesis. The art or manipulation of items, beings or otherwise through the force. Its a basic trait of any force user, and a rare few study the more powerful aspects of it. We will have to hone your skils with it a little more so you can lift more than your average datapad."

Taking a step closer and gently placing a finger on her forehead, I continued.

"The process in which you feel actions that may transpire of being of good, or ill intention, is named precognition. This is also a staple of the force user's tools. The ability to feel that danger is coming your way, or that something is off. Once again, there are some who focus on this ability alone and can reach the ability to predict the future."

Removing my finger, I moved my hand down to her chest area. Not directly touching for various reasons, but the area was clearly pointed out for her heart as my hand was on the left side of her chest.

"Empaths are people who can sense and affect the emotions or impressions of others. These can be used for good, or bad depending upon how it is used. Either forcing someone to feel a specific way such as fear, or aiding allies to fight harder or to press on despite the odds. Inspiring them. You show traits of this, and this too, can be focused upon."

Letting my hand drop down to my side. I opened my arms as though I were presenting her with choices of a physical kind. The datapad she held flew into my left hand and stopped to hover and spin as though it were a slowly turning top. In my right were two different shapes created out of the dust in the air and the ground that then flew into it. One creating a sideways head, and the other a heart.

"Before we learn anything else, we need to sharpen the skills you already know. So, choose which one you would like to work on at the moment. We can work on the other two at a later date."

[member="Sahna Te"]

Valgærd

Ignis had the most delightful smirk.

He explained that she had the basics down; nothing all that impressive, but enough to have a place to start. Sahna listened, chuckling as he mentioned training her to lift more than just a datapad. In all honesty, it was a surprise, but a refreshing one, to hear that her abilities were average at best. Back when she was growing up only a couple of the children had been force sensative, and she had been the strongest of them. They had gaped in awe as she'd entertained them by lifting small ball bearings and such. She had tried not to let in those tempting feelings of pride but... perhaps she'd forgotten that out here, the force was so much more than little parlour tricks to distract the young ones.

Ignis stepped towards her, placing a finger upon her forehead as he continued to speak. He called the other ability she'd shown him 'precognition'. It was a word she'd heard only a couple of times before, stowing away on ships with Jedi relics. She'd never given the idea much proper thought, or practiced it once she had left Na Shadaa. How could she? She was alone since then.

"Precognition." She repeated quietly. How does one even train someone in such a skill? It was all... in the mind.

The togruta didn't have much time to ponder the thought as Ignis moved on, his hand moving from her forehead to hover over her heart. She flinched, not because of the closeness of his hand, but because... of what he gestured to. The heart he spoke of was still wounded and scarred, and as much as she tried to keep herself guarded, it was almost impossible not to trip up every so often.

Empath.

Her thoughts were quieted as he described them. Immediately she could recall using such abilities, long ago. It had hurt, a lot. It hadn't been a physical pain, but it was enough to make her turn her back on the remaining children and flee the place she'd grown up.

Ignis opened his arms wide, easily summoning the datapad and having it hover, spinning in one hand. Now it was her turn to smirk, he hadn't struck her as the type to show off, but she was sure he enjoyed displaying how easily he controlled it. With the datapad in one hand, and images created from the dust in the other, he presented her with a choice. Even before the words left his lips, she knew which one she would choose. Her eyes were on him, as she raised her hand and touched the image of the heart,

"I need to learn the art of Empathy." She replied, her voice steady, "the last time I tried to control feelings it... hurt. I want to be better."

[member="Ignis Imura"]

It seemed that Sahna had caught onto me showing off. Yes, she had barely lifted the datapad, but my little trick showed that she could do so much more with telekeinsis. At first I thought she might have taken that due to me showing off, however that changed with how, almost depressed, she looked. Empathy. A science of the emotions and heart. Nodding my head. I indicated for her to move a little inwards to the room. Just so then we could have more space since I was just inside the door at the moment.

"Empaths, get most of their abilities from Force Empathy. Hence their name. Empaths use a mix of mental process, and emotional process to get their desired effect. Before you can control emotions, you need to learn how to find them, and then control your own. If your own emotions are out of wack, or out of sync, then your target, will get mixed results. A good foundation makes a better house right?"

Walking over to the center of the room, I sat down on my knees. Patting the floor in front of me, and indicating for her to follow. I then breathed in deeply and calmed myself. I would become her test.

"Now, I want you to sit here. Calm yourself. Meditate if you want to call it that. Center yourself in your own thoughts and emotions with even breathing. No thoughts, just focus on the breathing. Once you feel you have reached what some call as the 'State of nothingness' I want you to tell me so."

I would sit there and keep myself calm for now. She first needed to learn what nothing was, and feels like. Just the force and the force alone. Once she could do that, then we could move on to finding emotions. How we can find that emotion, I had an idea, but it might be a bit difficult for her to bare if she knew what I was going to do.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Sahna blushed as she realised she'd kept Ignis practically cornered at the doorway to the room. All that space behind her, and she'd managed to get up in his face without so much as a backwards step. As he indicated for them to move further in, she did so. The young togruta moved back, her steps beginning slowly, but becoming more energetic as she moved. She kept herself to one side for the moment, so she could listen to his words and watch for where he moved, so that she might move to stand in front of him again. Keeping her hands clasped behind her back for now, so she wouldn't fidget, she focused her large blue eyes on his red and yellow tinged ones. She nodded at him,

"Right." She agreed.

She watched as he sat on the floor on his knees in the centre of the room. She moved as he breathed in, and then out. He looked as if he was calming himself, centering himself. She sat where he indicated, lowering herself to her knees on the floor in front of him. She sat with her knees perhaps six inches away from his, likely a little closer than she would have if it had been a teacher she didn't already know come through the door. With a calm voice, he gave her her next task.

She closed her eyes, lowering her head as she did so. Her position would have looked almost like one of prayer, if her hands had been raised and pressed together, rather than laying on her thighs, palms facing upwards. As her teacher had, she drew in a deep breath and let it out, imagining all her feelings and thoughts flowing out with it. A state of nothingness, emptiness, right.

She opened her mouth to say that she was ready, but closed it again. Her heartrate was still elevated a little. Why was that? Was it because she was alone in a room with Ignis? It didn't matter. She still hadn't completely emptied her mind yet. The young woman tried again. This time, she slowly drew in a breath, letting everything fall away. She held it a few moments, gathering into her mind all of her thoughts and feelings, even the ones she had tried to pretend weren't there. This time, when she exhaled, they all went out with her breath.

Once more, just to be certain.

She felt nothing. Her mind was empty. It seemed as if it had... disengaged somehow. She still knew she was sitting on the floor of a room in front of her trainer. But she didn't feel the ground beneath her anymore, or at least, not as intensely.

"Okay," she breathed, "I'm ready."

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Sahna was new. So I did not expect her to reach this state very easily. While it can be done easily, thoughts can still leak in. It was only moments when she attempted to open her mouth to speak. Yet, she stopped. I smirked brightly at how she controlled herself. She knew she wasn't in the state. She was doing her best, just like she always would. Looking her up and down while I waited. While her more innocent mind gave off the idea that she was much younger than she was, her body was clearly older. She had been through a bit. Her body had adapted to it, but not her mind. Likely the reason why she instantly responded to the choice of Empathy.

She was a modest young woman, with a mind that was stuck in the past. I hated to do this, but she needed to learn that the past was the past. However, that problem being fixed is easier said than done. Many who attempted to fix problems on their own, ended up doing the wrong thing, or just making the situation worse. Hopefully, with her in training under me, she might find some aid in whatever problems she had. I shook my head as my thoughts came back to the present time. She spoke up that she was ready.

"Listen only. Empathy, or emotions can be felt in someone much like a force signature. You will have to find the right frequency, and hone in on it. Reach out with the force, and search through the force to find my emotions."

To find me, she needed to be able to feel it. To find a reference point. I hated having to do this, but one of the easiest emotions to find, were negative ones. Slowly and gently, I took one of my fingers, and pressed it upon the skin of my forearm. My fingers began to burn and become hot. I could slowly feel the pain as it flooded my arm. I did not make any sounds, or grunts. Focusing upon this pain, I could slowly start to feel myself instinctually want to use it as power, to transform it into rage. A rage and hatred for my father doing the very same thing to me as a punishment as a child.

"Find the emotions in the force, and tell me what they are."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Listen.

That was the instruction she was given as she knelt on the ground. Completely empty of all else, she let his words fill her mind. It was a positively bizarre sensation, one she had not experience before. To be in a state of emptiness, of preperationg almost, and to have that emptiness filled with something other than her. As she kneeled, her brow furrowed, a sign the young woman was concentrating. Find the right frequency. Hone in on it. She slowly drew in a breath, letting it out again. Apart from the steady rise and fall of her chest, nothing about her moved. Reach out with the force.

Silence had enveloped them, as Ignis had fallen quiet. In the nothingness, she searched for him, reaching out towards him. At first, there was nothing.

No, wait.

It was subtle at first, strangely new but also somehow familiar. As she focused on it, Sahna realised that it was something she'd felt the very first time she'd met Ignis. Like the smell of a particular perfume or a recognisable voice, this feeling was... unique, it was quintessentially him. Just as she found it, she felt something else. it was, for lack of a better word, blurry at first. But the longer she focused on it, the sharper it became. She let out a gasp as they became clear, naming each sensation in turn,

"Pain... rage... hatred..." Her voice was soft, almost afraid, "you're hurt... and betrayed... a father should protect, not harm..."

She swallowed, a sound not unlike a stifled sob escaping her throat. Her eyes flew open and the feelings vanished as her own emotions rushed back in. She gazed at Ignis, her eyes wide and mournful, glistening with held back tears,

"I'm so sorry..." She murmured. Was she sorry for what she'd felt? Or for retreating from it and breaking her concentration? Perhaps both, she didn't know for sure.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

I watched her face. Prepared for what I knew would come. As I dug my hot jabbing finger into my forearm, I could instantly tell when she found me in the force. Slowly feeling the pain that I had felt over years of beatings for failing my tests or for failing to perform to my fathers standards. I removed my finger as she was starting to slowly speak the emotions I was feeling. However, I was surprised. She could find out not just what my emotions were, but could determine what thoughts I had to create such strong feelings. She opened her eyes and I could almost see tears coming from them.

My face was stoic. Unchanging even as she apologized. Shaking my head, I reached out and slowly grasped her shoulder. Attempting to sooth her and calm her down.

"Just breathe. Center yourself again."

I attempted to do the same, and I wanted her to get a better connection to feel what has come of this pain. I slowly thought about the times I had saved people. Remembering how my father taught me to swim and keep myself warm in freezing cold waters. When not even a week later my sister had fallen into the nearby river. Crying out for help when I jumped in without fear. Without anger. But with bravery. With the thought of fighting for life, and to keep the spark within the force alive. Or showing how I had climbed within the inside of a volcano to retrieve a specific crystal. the feeling of joy for completing it. The accomplishment of fighting through pain and hardships to become even stronger.

Slowly, I thought about Sahna. Our first "adventure" together and how proud I felt to see her accomplish the feat of passing in the holocron's trials. How happy and joyous I felt for her taking another step out into the world. Learning more and becoming something more. Once she had felt all of this, I would speak.

"This is your first lesson Sahna. For every pain, or fear in the world, there is pride, joy, and bravery just around the corner. There is a balance not just in the force, but in our daily lives that we need to understand. So then when trials are placed in our path, we can overcome them. There are always more sides than one."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Ignis's face was blank.

How could it be like that? How could he have been feeling all those emotions, so strong and passionate, and yet not have them scrawled all over his face? She knew the answer of course, it was the very thing he was teaching her now: control. How could she be expected to learn such control? Such a state seemed so far away from her, so beyond reach. Her chest was aching, she longed to reach out and hug him. She didn't even know if it was to soothe him or her, but she held herself at bay.

A hand grasped her shoulder, grounding her. The touch seemed to anchor her swirling thoughts so she could begin to make sense of them. Along with this, the young man's words, soothing and calm, found their way into her mind. She used these to centre herself. She drew in a deep breath, holding it before letting it out. She did it again, and then once more. She began to feel other emotions. When she glanced up at him, her eyes were wide with surprise, but soon seemed to come over with a look of understanding. They were still his emotions. She was feeling selfless pride, joy, courage... a sense of belonging.

"I'm... I'm okay," she breathed. Immediately, she blushed, glancing away for a moment. Why did she have to 'be okay'? All she'd done is reach out and catch a sliver of what Ignis had felt his entire life... was she truly so wak? No, she couldn't doubt herself. Everyone had to start somewhere. This was simply her somewhere.

He spoke again, speaking of balance. She watched him fully, her attention fixed solely on his eyes as he spoke. She sat for a few moments after he finished, letting the silence descend upon them for a moment.

"Balance." She said quietly, letting the word settle into the core of her mind. "I will... look for the balance in day to day life here on Aurum. Honestly, I'm... glad you're here to help me."

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Sahna seemed to be calmed down when I showed her the other side of emotions. She was slowly beginning to understand what balance meant. Not in the sense of walking a tightrope act in the circus, but the act of understanding there are two sides, or even more, to each story and action. While I am rather dark within the force compared to that of herself, Jyn, or even Jericho, I still had my moments of light, or brightness that could shine just, if not more, brightly. Nodding my head to her with the thankful addition of myself in her life, I leaned forward and gave her a much needed hug.

I was not one for showing signs of affection. She knew that. But this troubled her to some extent. I wanted to give her a sign that it was all okay. So I thought a hug would be more fitting. Slowly and gently I wrapped my arms around her and spoke.

"There are many things that would seek to bring you pain. It's your job as a Je'daii, to use both the pain, and joy to create a balance within yourself. It will be a difficult task that will take years to do. Even I have not reached mastery of this skill. So practice this. Meditate and search through your own emotions and work through them."

I then slowly released her from my grasp and looked her over. Her face was half way to tearing up, but was slowly returning back to its normal state instead of a red-ish tint. Looking into her blue eyes, I nodded my head then spoke with sarcasm.

"I have a particular set of skills. Skills that make me a nightmare for some people. So if you tell anyone that I hugged you, I will find you."

Smirking a little at the end of it, I knew I didn't have a poker face when I was joking with Sahna. However, what I would do if I caught her was likely make fun of her loose lips and tell her to keep it on the down low. Scooting back away from her now. I breathed in deeply, and exhaled a second later.

"Now, Your task is to learn how to mediate on these emotions. Figure them out and to tell the difference between them. With this knowledge, do you want to learn some more about Force Empathy and its connections, or move into something else?"

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

A hug.

Ignis leaned forward and collected Sahna in an embrace, providing much comfort in an embrace she didn’t like to admit that she needed. But need it she did. Why had this troubled her so? She had experienced pain enough of her own, why was that from another so heavily weighing on her? With a sigh, she sank into the embrace, letting herself stay for a few moments as Ignis explained. She nodded, her head pressed against his chest,

“I will try. Would… would you mind if I came to you to practice? I’ll try not to do it too often.” She replied softly.

He slowly released her, his eyes on her as hers were on him. She felt better. Despite everything she’d just felt coming from Ignis, she felt safe around him. She knew that no matter what, she was his student, his friend, and he wouldn’t let her get hurt. Or if she did, he’d be there to help pick up the pieces. So, when he nodded, making a sarcastic quip, she was able to playfully wink at him,

“Well there goes my plan to proclaim from the rooftops that Ignis Imura is actually just a big softie under all that.” She replied, lifting a finger to jab him in the ribs.

She chuckled as he smirked, before he scooted back and took in a deep breath. She did the same, returning to her original position on her knees and taking a moment to draw in a deep breath of her own. She closed her eyes, letting her mind settle before she again looked at Ignis. He had slipped so easily into the role of teacher and trainer, it was little wonder the council had chosen him to train her. He didn’t like the term ‘Master’, perhaps he was right about not having reached that level yet, but she nodded at his instruction, decided that ‘teacher’ suited him just as well. At the question, she pondered a moment, biting down on her bottom lip in thought. She wanted to move onto something else, but would that be weakness? Would she be running from something she ought to face and try again? No… just like after a long run, she ought to rest before trying again. As long as she did try again. So it was with a smile that she answered,

“Telekinesis.” She replied quietly, continuing to chew on her bottom lip as she spoke, “I would like to get better at that. It’d be nice to be a little more useful than just… lifting things a little.”

[member="Ignis Imura"]

A nod of the head was all that required to answer her question. She was more than welcome to practice on concentration of her mind and emotions. Even more so of what her past may have been, I don't think she would want to do it without someone she trusted near. However, for her to learn, sometimes, she needed to be kept at a distance so that she may learn on her own. I, Jyn, or anyone else will not always be there for her. She may have to go through challenges on her own. This was to prepare her for it.

However, as she wanted to learn more about telekinesis, I simply nodded my head again. The jab to the ribs she gave me was all but received with a smirk before I moved on. As much as I would love to just be with her and to hang out or to talk and joke around, we had work to do. It was work time. Not play time. Reaching over while I still sat there. The datapad came over and slowly flew into my hand. I then gently placed it upon the ground.

"I want you to try and lift this. Lift it with everything you got."

Keeping my own emotions in check, as well as my force powers, She would be hardpressed to lift said tablet. Reason being that I was acting upon it as well. Pushing it down and preventing it from being moved. In order to reach new heights, one had to surpass them first. When training to run in track and field at my old schools, they didn't run the minimum. They ran double or even triple the lengths required. This was to have them accustomed to running much longer on much less energy. Thus any shorter distances would be much easier. Same premise. If she could push and move this tablet further and further every time, then when required to lift it normally, it would be a piece of cake.

"I dare you."

Add the little taunt in there to get her all hyped for it. And then show her how it can really be done.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Lift the datapad.

Easy, right?

But Sahna knew her new teacher better than that. It would never be that easy. He had retrieved it from across the room without so much as a thought, once again having it spin gently as he spoke. Then he placed it upon the ground, so tauntingly close. But there was no way he'd make it so easy for her. But this was how one learned; not through doing what was easy, but through conquering what was hard. She chewed on her cheek as he sat in front of her, returning his smirk. A dare, was it, then? Very well then, dare she would. She drew in a deep breath, resisting the urge to attempt to prove herself immediately. She took a few moments to centre herself, knowing that no doubt he would be watching her the entire time. She blocked out the feeling of his gaze upon her, and instead focused on the datapad beside him.

She exhaled, reaching out her hand to try and move it.

The togruta felt the resistance immediately. The datapad hadn't changed, but she could feel significant pressure upon it, as if someone was holding it down. She chanced a glance at Ignis, knowing he was no doubt thoroughly enjoying the small chance to show off. Well, she could show off too. She felt herself straining, realising she'd been holding her breath from concentrating so hard. The datapad hadn't budged. It was frustrating, and she felt a pang of anger shoot through her at the lack of a response. She let out out her breath in a slight huff, dropping her hand.

But she wasn't ready to give up quite yet.

She closed her eyes again, dropping her hand. After a few moments she raised it again, drawing in a deep breath and letting it out. She reached out with the force, feeling it surrounding her, surrounding the datapad. She recalled the teachings of the Mutukai, they were beings of the force, part of it. She could feel Ignis before her, and his influence pressing down on the datapad as well. She was slower this time, taking her time to focus her energy.

At first, it yielded the same result; nothing.

But rather than be beaten, she kept her eyes closed, focusing harder. She was straining, holding her breath. Eventually she heard a rattling sound... opening one eye, she glanced over to it, the datapad, whilst not quite lifted, was rattling on the ground, moving a little as the forces pushing it in both directions were matched against one another. She glanced up at Ignis, grinning,

"Close enough, right?"

[member="Ignis Imura"]

I watched as Sahna was adamant that she was going to do this. Prideful in her abilities and even falling for my dare. I kept my face clean of emotion as she began to focus on the datapad. For the beginning portion of this little tussle, she barely did anything to it. Coming to understand that she would be tested against me, Her pride left. Replacing itself with determination and a humble attitude that would soon teach her much more of the force than she thought. She had extended her hand a few times and was trying very hard to accomplish the task.

My eyes watching her as I just sat there. My hands were down at my side and rather relaxed despite this mental battle we were having with telekinesis. Soon, the tablet began to shake and rumble against the floor. Her face once more changed to that of reaching somewhere. Asking me close enough. A smirk broke on my face as the rumbling would stop suddenly. The tablet was forced down back onto the ground and was pressed with so much strength from myself, that it began to bend on the corners. Almost warping into the floor.

"Close enough is not good enough."

I extended my hand slightly over the tablet like she was. And slowly it would turn around itself. The center of the tablet acting as it's axis. Slowly scraping against the ground as it moved from the spinning of my fingers.

"There will always be someone stronger, smarter, or more versed within the force than you. It's your job to find ways to overcome this. Brute force is a tactic, or acting upon the tablet in a different way. You are not my equal in strength. So figure out a way to cause me to over extend. Lets start this again."

Indicating for her to stop for a moment, I would wait for her to release the tablet. Once done so, I would raise it with the force to be at eye level. Keeping it there, and then nodded my head.

"Move it out of my sight. Do whatever you can to make it so."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Ignis smirked, again.

The moment he did, the tablet's clattering against the floor came to a sudden, almost deafening halt. It was pressed into the ground with so much force that it began to warp. Sahna watched with wide eyes, her own grin suddenly suppressed by pure awe. He spoke, but she understood the words before she even heard them. He demonstrated, spinning the tablet around on the floor. The togruta's heart sank a little, her face falling, as she watched him. How could she get from where she was, to where he was? Could she ever be that strong? With a frown, she shook her head of the thoughts, if she was anywhere near his level, she would not have needed a teacher, right? yet here she was.

Then he spoke, telling her perhaps exactly what she needed to hear. She hadn't considered it, yet it seemed obvious now that he'd pointed it out; she was not as strong as Ignis, she might never be if she was honest with herself. But this wasn't purely about displaying brute strength. It was about learning.

"I don't know that I understand... if I'm never going to be strong enough, why spend the time to improve at all?" She pursed her lips, frowning. That sounded harsh.

With a sigh, she released her grip on the tablet. Her teacher raised it to eye level, telling her to move it out of his sight. She nodded, and raised her hand. She began to push on the datapad, attempting to push it to her left. Knowing that he was likely holding it in place, she expected it not to move.

She pushed harder.

Her face screwed up into a frown of concentration as she pushed as hard as she possibly could, straining to the point where a bead of sweat would appear on her brow. Come on, she thought, move. Just... move, just a little. Her fingers curling, she focused as hard as she had the last time, harder even, against Ignis's superior strength. She would continue to push against it until she saw the the thing begin to shake and tremble from the opposing forces.

The moment she saw that, she would release her control of it.

With a little luck, Ignis would not have time to do the same, and hopefully his own force, pushing against hers, would suddenly send it flying across the room... out of his line of sight.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom