Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From One to Another

With the change of attitude about it, and my question posed, Sahna slowly went back into her seat. Picking up her fork to eat, I did as well. As she ate, I did notice the teeth she had. As weird as it may seem, I had no problems with it. Just like her crown or montrails. They were a part of her, and that is what made her different. While, I had to think of a shy little girl in a tribal get-up snarling at some beast with pointed teeth would have been more than worth it's weight in electrum to see, I continued to eat as Sahna explained her own situation between her bites.

She had grown up in an undercity. Much like how Courscant or even Nar Shaadda has various levels of their cities that can be walked through or even lived in, She spoke of the underlevels. A place where my uncle also once lived for a time. He worked as a bartender on Courscant as well as his part time singing carrier. However, that was when he was around my age, and well before his death. Sahna also explained that she wasn't really good with people. That much I had gotten over the time we have spent together. However, it seemed more and more like there was something causing her to be this way, instead of her just naturally being shy, and nervous.

The mention of being a pickpocket made me smirk a little as I chewed my own bites of food while I listened. She moved her gaze away from me almost ashamed of it. I didn't see why. It was how she had to survive. Do whatever you can to make it to the next day. Despite this, she change the subject once more to the restaurant. Asking me how I found out about it. The smirk only brightened as I finished chewing my own bite and then talked while I cut another piece of meat.

"When I first joined, I felt like I was intruding upon other people's space. So I would come out here to look for somewhere to eat where no one I knew would be near here. I just went from place to place seeing what I liked, and this was one of them."

Taking a bite, I chewed it for a second before covering my mouth with my hand to quickly say,

"I still come here for the food, and its atmosphere is just right."

I then removed my hand from in front of my mouth as I was trying to be polite and prevent Sahna from having to look directly at my mouth as I was speaking with food in it. I had a feeling she might ask the second answer I gave her, so I went and voiced it ahead of time. I chewed the piece pretty quickly before continuing once more.

"Actually kind of surprised you didn't do the same thing with your... shyness."

I chuckled a little bit at the last comment and her shyness. Attempting to poke fun at her just a bit for her manurisums. However, it was all in fun and good taste.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

There it was.

That smirk was possibly one of Sahna's favourite things about Ignis. The moment she saw it, she felt her shoulders relax a little and her smile broadened, becoming genuine. As much as he enjoyed showing off and occasionally teasing, that smirk was a playful one, and it always made her feel better. It was impossible not to smile back when she saw it. He seemed to have a way of just... not judging. It was not a smirk of superiority it seemed, but of companionship, enjoying a moment with another person.

he spoke about how he'd found the place, how it had been a place to come and hide from everyone else. Feeling like he was in the way, a burden. She nodded with understanding. She'd felt much the same when she'd arrived. Especially because the little togruta was no exactly forth-coming with words, she often felt like she was being rude. But she understood his approach. At his comment on the food, she nodded, popping another mouthful into her mouth, leaning to one side and snickering at his teasing.

"How do you know I didn't, just on the other side of town?" She grinned.

"Actually," She explained, "I've always been more of a 'grab what food you can and take it back to your room to hide' kind of girl."

Sahna blushed. She was normally at peace with the fact that she was more mouse than togruta, why did she suddenly care what Ignis thought of it? She grimaced away the thought and quelled her racing heart, focusing instead on the next mouthful of food. All said and done, he had chosen this place really well. A small part of her felt a pang of regret that she hadn't gone exploring more on her own. Well, not in the city anyway. There was still her lake out beyond the outskirts.

She pulled her lips to one side, chewing on her cheek in thought as she narrowed her eyes a little, studying Ignis with mock scrutiny.

"So... Ignis Imura." She began, "tell me... were you relieved when you found out I was your student? Or terrified?"

She leaned back, grinning from montral to montral, waiting for his reply.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

She was a more grab and go to her room. Made a lot of sense. Instead of just going away from people she knew, it was more so about getting away from people in general. Slowly, I was beginning to piece together who she was. How she acted, and how she could improve. Her taunting though... I was very tempted to tease her or to use the force and mess with her day just ever so slightly. Playful banter between friends. However, I kept those actions and thought to myself for now.

"I will say I was nervous for various reasons. At first it was because it was going to be a new person. After I saw it was you...."

My words drifted off. I didn't really know what to say. Like I knew the feeling, but not how to correctly say it without coming off as... creepy. I took a few moments to gather my thoughts before I continued to answer her.

"You are a friend of mine. One of the few who I would go through great lengths to help or to protect. Teaching you is an honor, don't get me wrong, but I felt nervous because I didn't want to let you down. I don't want to teach you incorrectly or lead you down the wrong path. I want you to be a good person and I would hate to see you in pain. Even more so if I was the one who caused it."

My family was difficult. We all cared for each other. My mother mostly. She looked greatly after myself. She wanted to do everything for me. To make sure that I was okay and learning, and safe. It seemed like I was her favorite child. Even though she did state that she loved all of us the same. I am sure that she loved us, but I was never sure why she tended to me more. Just because I was older? I will likely never find out, but that is not important now.

"To put it plainly, I was overjoyed it was you because you are a dear friend of mine. But I am always fearful that I will let those I care for down. Its been one of my... pains my entire life."

Shaking my head, I smirked a little to let her know it was all okay and that I wasn't going to dwell upon it.

"But then the other part of me was horrified because you are just that bad of a student."

The smug look on my face told it all. It was as another joke, but meant to take a jab at her. Not being serious as she was very smart and gifted. I knew that one day she would surpass me. I just wish I could be there when it happens.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Sahna listened as Ignis spoke, continuing to tuck into the meal before her.

In this moment, she felt she could not be more content. The small restaurant was fairly quiet, tucked away from the bustle of city life. It was pleasant, peaceful. The food was delicious, hot and fresh, prepared with care. And most importantly, she was spending this time with her closest friend.

Sure, Ignis liked to show off, but as he spoke of his nervousness, his desire to see her succeed and not lead her down the wrong path, she saw in him something deeper. There was wisdom behind his eyes. Suffering is a terrible thing, and to be in pain, or to see someone you love in pain, is not an experience Sahna would wish on anyone. However, it was those experiences that caused those who suffered to grow. That was no more evident than right now, seeing how seriously Ignis was taking his new role as her teacher and how passionate he was about giving her the tools she needed to succeed.

And of course, true to form, he ended with a joke.

The togruta smirked right back at him, twirling her fork on the plate and leaning on her elbow.

"About as horrified as I was that my new master prefers to wear jeans and carry a sword over proper robes and a lightsaber?" She snickered, her cheeks flushed a little.

Sahna leaned back in the seat, pushing her now empty plate away from her. She glanced down at it for a moment, biting her lip. Had she eaten too fast? Was that... unbecoming, to have finished so quickly? She moved a hand to one of her montrals, stroking it a little as she chewed her lip in thought for a moment.

"Honestly, though." She said, pulling in her reeling thoughts, "I'm so glad it was you who walked through that door. I'm... not great at meeting new people. It made it so much easier. Especially seeing as... seeing as I already trust you a great deal."

She kept her head down, only tilting her eyes up to watch him through her lashes.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

I was relieved to know that she was glad I was the one who walked through that door. Sure I kind of already knew that to an extent, but this really showed. She spoke it, and for a shy person at that, so it must be true right? Even then, as Sahna had finished eating, I was fairly close. Eating as she did speak about the reason why she was nervous at first. She even bowed her head and looked at me from a slanted look. I smiled a little as I continued to eat. Attempting to do both prevented me from talking. After swallowing my food, I responded.

"Its okay. I trust you. So if you do trust me as much as you seem to, then I accept it. I welcome it."

After taking another bite, I continued to talk to her. Showing how much of an impact it really did make and resonate with me. How much she affected me, and the life I was living with her in in.

"Honestly, seeing you as my apprentice, as well as saying that you were overjoyed to be such, has made my day."

I quickly finished the last few bites of food that I had before stacking our plates. Reaching to my back pocket, I pulled out my wallet and produced some credit chips. Paying for the meal, I stood up from the seat. Walking a pace over before extending my hand to Sahna. Just being nice and acting like a gentleman would.

"So, other than that, have you enjoyed it?"

[member="Sahna Te"].

Valgærd

Sahna watched as Ignis smiled at her.

It was impossible not to smile back, his grin was infectious. Perhaps it was due to the intensity of his gaze, every emotion he chose to display was deliberate, sincere. He paused long enough to speak. He told her she’d made his day. Imagine that, someone as tiny and insignificant as her, having enough of an impact not only to be remembered, but to actually make someone’s entire day.

She sat complete still as he finished eating, stacked the plates, and pulled out his wallet to pay. She could still hardly believe it. Today had been something special, that was for sure. He stood, stepping over and reaching out a hand like a proper gentleman. The Togruta chuckled, blushing as she gently raised her own hand and placed it in his, allowing him to help her up. It was the sort of move she’d only caught glimpses of on holovids through windows or grates. Do think that it was now she being treated such, it was giddying.

She stepped out from behind the table, finding herself incredibly close to him as she did. His question gave her pause and for a few moments she stayed where she was, back resting against his chest.

“I have… very much.” She murmured in reply, “I’m… excited for each new day.”

She suddenly seemed to notice that they were close enough to be touching, and hurriedly attempted to step away, making for the door.

“Um, sorry.” She stammered. Although rather than looking away with bashful trepidation, she kept her eyes on him, smiling a little. Her gaze soon wandered to the table, and the smile faltered. She’d been so excited to spend time with him, so readily enjoyed it, that the thought of paying hadn’t even crossed her mind. She’d been provided with what she needed here, but she had very little to spare.

“I will… pay you back,” she said with a nod, “somehow.”

[member="Ignis Imura"]

I shook my head. Even as I sat down the credits to pay for both of our meals, I ushered Sahna out of the restaurant. She wouldn't have to pay me. Ever. She is a friend. She, being my friend, is enough for me. Sure I wouldn't buy her a crap ton of stuff for no reason. But a meal? It was nothing. Considering that I owned shares for a company, as well as worked as a blacksmith, and returned holocrons for some payment to make ends meet, I wasn't in trouble if I paid for an extra meal here and again.

"It's just a meal. You are worth more than a meal. You don't owe me anything."

It was all true. Even as I got back onto the speeder, vaulting my leg over and pulling out the keys, I looked over to Sahna as she stood there.

"You are my friend, and student. A meal won't hurt me. Being in a friendship, is not about points and owing each other, or being in debt. Its about understanding and willingness to give up something so you can keep that relationship."

Patting the seat behind me, I turned over the engine. The kicking on and the soft rumble felt nice as I prepared to take us off when she was on and situated.

"Don't sell yourself short."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

You are worth more than a meal

Those words struck Sahna. Not because she didn't believe them, but because she did... or at least, she had, a long time ago. When she had been with Aranias and the group of children. She'd known back then that she was worth something, quite a lot, in fact. She had played no small part in the lives of those other orphans, especially the younger ones. But once she'd left, once she'd been forced to strike out on her own, she had forgotten that.

"Thank you, Ignis." She replied, offering him a soft smile. It seemed that she didn't say much, but the few words she did utter were almost always 'sorry' or 'thank you'. She grimaced, that would have to be rectified.

With a sigh, she dismissed the thought. He'd climbed onto the bike, patting the seat behind him. She took just a moment to admire him sitting there, leaning forwards, revving the engine. It seemed like he was just made to ride a speeder bike, he looked so at home sitting on it. Becoming aware that she was biting her lower lip and staring, Sahna approached and slid onto the hind seat, wrapping her arms around him and leaning against his back.

There was a question that was burning at the tip of her tongue, a clarification she wanted to make, something she needed to know. But at the same time, as much as she wanted to ask it, she knew that of the possible answers there was one she was not ready to hear. So instead of speaking now, she waited until he was ready to pull the bike away from the curb and onto the street. It was far too loud to try and speak over, and with a little luck, maybe he wouldn't even hear her question. As the engine roared she picked her head up just a little,

"So, just friends, huh?" She asked.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

I wanted to tell her that there was no need to thank me. I did this not for her. Not to gain favors from her or to sway her to be my ally or friend. Its not that I needed friends to fill some ego. I had friends like her because I enjoyed being with them. I never felt like they were a burden. While I might worry about them, or fear that I may let them down, I never felt like they had to owe me. Nor thank me for whatever I did. Either way, As she came onto the speeder bike, I noticed she was much more comfortable with it. Easily getting on and slipping behind to wrap her arms around my sides again.

She did speak about something as I started to pull away. Barely able to make out anything. At best, "So, just.... huh?" I might ask her later about that, but I had a feeling I knew what she was asking. She had a connection to me, and I to her. We sort of just fit like conjoined puzzle pieces. Despite this thought that continued to roll around in my head, I drove us back towards the temple. Not really speeding, nor going extra fast or being aggressive with the driving. Just getting us home.

Coming back to the man who let us borrow the speeder, I stopped by and he simply pointed to where we needed to park. Pulling right up to the spot, and then putting it into park, I turned off the engines and waited for Sahna to get off. Deciding that right now was not the time to ask the question.

"I am glad that you came with me today. It's been some time since I have ate with someone who I could have a conversation with."

Looking over to her, I didn't really want to end it there. I didn't want to just walk away and be like, see ya tomorrow. offering my hand over to the doors to indicate walking,

"Would you uh... mind if I walk you to your room?"

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

The ride back to the temple was pleasant. Rather than awkwardly clinging to her asked question, Sahna found herself able to simply relax and enjoy the ride. It was not the thrilling speed through the city that their first trip had been, but rather much more subdued, pleasant even. She watched the city pass by, her mind abuzz with all that had transpired in this single afternoon.

She realised by the time they reached the parking lot that she hadn't wanted the trip to end. She could have just kept riding with him into the sunset and on into the night. So it was with something of a heavy heart that She slipped off the bike and took a step back as Ignis handed back the keys. She nodded at his words, a soft smile on her lips,

"I have to admit, it's nice to share a meal with someone. I haven't done that since... since Nar Shaddaa." She finished.

She had paused, planning to change the topic to be more vague, as her past was still a little shameful to her. However, she had told Ignis she trusted him, and this was perhaps her way of beginning to prove that; the actions to accompany the words, as it were. He extended his hand towards the doors, offering to walk her to her room. A chance for this wonderful day to go on a little longer? How could she pass that up?

Stepping close to him, she tilted her eyes up to meet his gaze,

"I'd like that... very much." She replied.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Sahna was pleased with me taking her. It seemed this way with her general attitude, as well as her saying so. However, I was grateful that she accepted my offer to walk her to her room. I smiled a bit as I walked along with her. I mostly kept my hands in my pant's pockets. I was a little nervous about walking her back to her room. I mean, Normally I had been taking her out of her room to go and do something. Now, it seemed that I was putting her safely back. As though she were a vase that needed to be put back in its home. A fragile creature that I cared for. Though to be fair, she wasn't fragile. She had some cracks in her that could be fixed, but she was still... beautiful.

"I know this kind of deviated from us training, but one of the things I wanted to do was learn how you think, and who you are. This was a good way of doing that. And you got a meal out of it."

I smiled a bit with the explanation to her. It was something small that I am sure she would understand. As she also got to learn more about me and thus could create a better bond of teacher and student. As well as friends.

"So um.. would you like to do this again sometime in the future?"

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

There was a smile upon Sahna’s face as Ignis walked her back to her room. It was a humble little thing, enough space to fit its bed and amenities and little else. But it was hers. She considered how she’d return to the quietness of solitude, how long it would take for the smile to fade. There was no way she’d be able to sit still enough to meditate, that’s for sure.

She smiled back at Ignis as he spoke, nodding in agreement. He was a curious creature, for sure. She could still sense that ever-present darkness in him, but there was something else, as well. Redemption, perhaps, she didn’t know. But it whatever his past had done to him, he had come through it stronger, wiser.

At his question she bit her lip, making sure that her nodding was neither too quick nor too eager. Not that it mattered, he’d already seen what a dork she could be.

“I would, very much.” She replied quietly, “Um… next time, the food is on me.”

How she’d drum up enough spare credits, she didn’t know. Perhaps she would prepare something handmade, take him on a picnic, to the lake, maybe…

[member="Ignis Imura"]

I smiled and shook my head. Sahna said that she would be the one who would be paying for the meal next time. I don't doubt she would. However, there was something I had to do. Something that would.. solidify our relationship.

Standing at her door. I bowed my head and began to speak.

"So uh... "

I took a few moments for a breather. Relaxing myself before I continued on with something that was very important to me.

"As my student. You need to be able to protect yourself. The force is a very useful tool for you to use. One that can give you many advantages. However, you need something.... more."

Reaching into my jacket, still kind of surprised that she had not felt it earlier when we rode upon the speeder bike, I produced a lightsaber hilt. It was rather old, but was cleaned up the best I could. While there was no shine of new metal, it was replaced with parts that had not been functional. Parts that would be necessary for its creation.

"This is yours. A lightsaber that I had collected. I have no need of it. However, you do."

Handing the weapon to her, I indicated for her to take it.

"I had found it upon the planet of Felucia. The planet had been the resting place of a Jedi known as Master Shaak Ti. A Togruta who was powerful in the force and renowned for her abilities. This Lightsaber belongs to you. As you are becoming a Force User, You must protect yourself and all those you care for. This will help you do that."

It was a relic of the past. Her past that she may need to move forward. For her to understand herself, sometimes she needed help from the inspiration that is her ancestry. Leaning forward, I grabbed the back of her head. Gently pulling her towards me and planting a kiss on her forehead.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

They had reached the door of her room.

Sahna felt her heart sink a little. This meant that their day was over, their time together would come to an end, for the present, at least. She had left this room expecting to begin learning about the force and her abilities. Now she returned to it, having learned so much not only about herself, but her teacher, her friend.

She turned to Ignis as he started to speak, watching curiously as he paused to breathe and relax. Immediately her heart started to race, what had him on edge? Why did he need to relax? Her swirling thoughts were hushed as he began again, his words solemn in their sincerity.

His words didn’t seem to make sense at first, or perhaps she was just so nervous she hadn’t been able to process them. A tool? What sort of advantages did he mean? Protect herself? She opened her mouth to voice her confusion,

And then she saw it,

A lightsaber

It was old. It had been cleaned and repaired with great care, but its age still showed in the dull hue to its metal. He told her it was hers, holding the weapon out. Her hands lifted to accept it before she even fully realised what was happening.

“Thank you.” She breathed.

The moment her fingers brushed the metal, Sahna felt the world suddenly disappear. She looked up, but instead of seeing Ignis before her, she saw someone else. A Togruta. She was tall, beautiful, with long montrals and crimson skin. Two black eyes gazed at her set within large white circles. The woman wore very little, tribal robes; and her montrals were pulled behind her head. She was prepared for a battle. The Togruta was sitting cross-legged in a meditation pose, waiting for someone. Sahna could feel it, the anticipation, whomever she’d been waiting for had been powerful indeed.

She wanted to speak, to say something, to convers with the great Shaak Ti, but no words came. She was frozen, standing, trembling, before one of the great Jedi of old. However, as the Togruta woman gazed at her, a smile formed upon her lips. She reached down, handing her the weapon.

Sahna gasped, blinking. Before her it was no longer Shaak Ti handing her the lightsaber, but Ignis. He spoke, telling her of the place he’d found it, to whom it had belonged. She nodded slowly, gingerly holding up the old weapon.

“I… I know.” She murmured, her voice hushed with awe. “I… I saw her.”

She shook her head, attempting to regain at least a little of her composure. But before she could speak again she felt a hand on the back of her head, pulling her forwards. She closed her eyes as Ignis gently placed a kiss on her forehead. As he did, she wrapped both her arms around him, hugging him tightly for several long moments.

“You don’t know how much this means to me.” She said quietly, “from the bottom of my heart, thank you.”

When she finally pulled away, clutching the artefact closely to her chest, she was smiling, even as tears welled up in her eyes. If they were tears of happiness from such a special moment, sadness for the loss of the Jedi who’d wielded the saber before her, tears of fear of the future, she had no way of knowing.

She knew only that this was the beginning of something far greater than she had ever dreamed.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom