Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Death, With Hate

Nothingness.

No thoughts, or sights, or sounds, no feelings, not even an inky black backdrop to the eternity of existence. There was simply nothing. Time had become meaningless, inconsequential, a construct that no longer held any value or sway. Everything that was, everything that ever would be, simply existed. And at the same time, still nothing did at all.

And yet, as this abyss engulfed everything and everyone, as the weightless form drifted on the tide of a void that could not be fully comprehended, all that began to change.

It was small at first, the unexplainable sensation which filled that nothingness, and spurred life into a mind that had long since given up the fight, a mind that had already become one with the mystical energy which permeated the Universe, a phantom limb twitching where no physical body could possibly manifest itself.

From there it simply snowballed, until pain like no other lashed at the core of the spurned soul which had found peace within the throws of the Force. She could feel it now, that which had been lost to her, the senses which had dampened to non-existence, and slowly yet surely the form which had been obliterated into nothingness at the foot of her murderer.

Asha Seren.

That was who she was.

Loving mother to children whose faces she had come to forget in life, whom she had lost, and devoted wife to a husband who had likewise vanished amidst his vendetta. It was coming back to her now, all of it, all that she had been forced to forget, all that had been erased from her memory.

Taunting her, as she remained there suspended on the edge of life and death. The void called to her, and she longed to rejoin it. For all she knew millennium had passed, let her remain dead, let her remain away as she had been for who knew how long.

But even her acknowledgement of such, even her silent pleas, only expedited the process.

And that pain continued to tear through her, setting fire to limbs she did not remember regaining, until she felt a mouth she had forsaken open in an agonizingly silent scream. Every muscle in her body ached, contracted, threatened to tear under the pressure.

She became all too aware of every single bodily function as the body, not her own body but whatever foreign vessel she was sensing around her, imprisoning her, awoke; the flow of her blood, the air through her lungs, intestines that had never processed sustenance which had never passed through her lips, and a brain which whirred under the strain of it all.

It was sickening. She felt trapped, immobile, forced to suffer this torturous existence as she lingered there in limbo. Still amidst darkness which had become inky black, rather than nothingness.

Until pinpricks of light burst through.

Until the sound of the Galaxy, however minute, however silent it may have seemed, pierced her ears. Compared with nothing, it was deafening, that silence, the ringing in her ears... Suffocating.

A breath could be heard, shuddered and desperate, the sound of life itself returning, and though she felt no connection to it she knew that it had to be her own. From that Frankenstein body she had unwittingly become one with.

One... No, that was wrong. It did not fit right, it felt like an oversized suit that weighed her down, with the sleeves and legs sewn shut, no way out...

Finally those disconnected eyes opened, and black turned white in a blinding moment of disorientation. She couldn't make out anything as the newly formed eyes tried their best to adjust to the intensity of light, though she felt tears fall hot against cold cheeks which were experiencing true blood flow for the first time.

Upside down, or rightside up, lay or suspended, she could not make heads or tails of her situation. All that she knew was that the body she had been forced into was crying uncontrollably, and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

And somewhere deep inside, her soul cried with it.

U6SATJ5.jpg

Khar Delba
Stygian Caldera

If there was to be a focal point for all the darkness in the universe it would reside on Khar Delba. This frigid ancient world of the Sith was not much to look at on a mere glance, but its ice-wreathed surface held many dark and forbidden secrets.

The blocky structure of Castle Methushael rose from the endless wastes like a cantankerous growth, the secret stronghold of the Dark Lord concealed by endless blizzards and a thick miasma of Dark Side energy. It was here that the fiendish Darth Carnifex performed all manners of dastardly rituals, violating the laws of nature to further his own sinister desires while warping the very fabric of reality to craft hideous abominations of flesh and steel.

From the cloning vats emerged the Dark Lord's newest creation, a being born from the cells of a long dead foe. Every aspect of her being was carefully reconstructed, her face, her hair, her entire body was perfectly molded to resemble the woman who she was so many, many years ago. Strapped to a table and bereft of clothes was the beginning of her rebirth, and as the words of incantation were spoken aloud in a long forgotten tongue the air shimmered with latent energy. The barrier between the living and the dead faltered, his clarion call echoing out through the void as one soul out of countless trillions was summoned forth from her eternal rest to walk amongst the living yet again.

The binding was complete.

Cold, stale air flooded [member="Asha Seren"]'s lungs as she jolted up on the stainless steel slab. The crimson clothed form of the Dark Lord loomed over her, brilliant molten eyes glaring down to bore into her soul as it painfully melded with her new form.

They were familiar eyes...

The eyes of a murderer.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, Asha. You've been dead for eighteen years."

Her skin burned.

Even with the cool metal at her back, something she was swiftly beginning to come to terms with was that she was lay on something frightfully cold, she felt as though a fever had gripped her. In fact the metal was a welcome reprise.

Eyes stung with the tears which still would not relent, though she was beginning to feel an emptiness replace the sorrow which had brought it about in the first place, and when she tried to make sense of the body she had been thrust into, when she tried to raise a hand to rub away the fatigue and the pain from her eyes, she found herself wholly incapable of doing so.

Instead she was met with resistance.

In fact, every part of her, she realized, was facing the same problem. Fingers could be flexed, toes could be wriggled, though both felt alien to her, yet try as she must she could not lift the limbs they belonged to. Nor her head.

Was it true, then?

Were her fears confirmed?

Was she trapped inside a body that was not her own? Incapable of doing anything more than simply experience the trials and tribulations set before her? To feel and sense without control?

The tears began to lessen, though a sense of dread ran over her. Slowly but surely the stark white light which had engulfed her vision was fading, and a voice she couldn't wholly comprehend broke into her hearing, setting the silence to shame.

Asha. She had heard the name, the only one she had ever known, and grimaced. Tried once again to lift her hands, which she realized were firmly at her side, to no avail, met instead with the bite of metal which gripped them to the slab at her back.

A chill washed over her, despite the fever-like temperature, and she became all too aware of the fact that she had nothing in the way of coverings. No way to provide such for herself. Bare, in whatever body she was inhabiting. Before the bearer of the voice she quivered, and indignation was added to the pained and confused expression already marring her face.

Eighteen years?

Her mind could not even comprehend such a number. She stared, without clarity, at the ceiling as it finally came into focus, and let out a shuddered breath. Everything hurt, every single part of her, and though the sensation was lessening she was still acutely able to feel the ruminations of this vessel she lay within, the beating of its heart, the flowing of its blood...

It constricted her throat, and set her heart rate to a dangerous high.

And then she noticed them.

The eyes.

Eyes which had been the last thing Asha Seren had looked upon before becoming one with the Force.

And she found herself incapable of looking away, incapable of speaking though her mouth opened in vain hope of doing so... A silent scream contorting her face, one of torment.

It was Kaine.

Of course it was Kaine.

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

"So you do remember me. Good."

He had been concerned that the length at which she had been part of the Force might've tampered with her memory, but she definitely recognized him without him having to elaborate on who he was. That was good, that was what he was hoping for.

The slab began to move. Complicated hydraulics pushed Asha up and then angled her by forty five degrees until she was face-to-face with her murderer. He had changed since she last saw him. His face was more youthful, bereft of the severe scarring she had come to know. He was clean-shaven, and the symbol of the Dark Lords was etched clearly in the middle of his forehead. It was his eyes, however, that were the most distinct aspects no matter what body he wore.

Burning with hate and fury.

"It was a shame you had to die by my hand, but you left me no choice Asha. That's why I've brought you back, to give you a second chance."

[member="Asha Seren"]

Whatever it was she was lay upon began to move, much to her displeasure.

If she hadn't already been feeling weightless, and disoriented, then this only made that worse. Not only was her presence settled uncomfortably, barely fitting, feeling as though it was slipping through reality, but now the shell which bore it was experiencing the same, and the motions were not coherent.

Her head span, and her skin turned sickly, almost green in hue, as the dizzying sensation took over. Had she anything in her stomach she might have thrown up, instead the experience seemed to simply drag on even when the slab ceased its motion. She wanted nothing more than to curl up, to forget all of this was happening and wait for the storm to pass, but she couldn't.

Faced with not only this sickness which was coursing through the ill-fitting body, she was forced to look upon him in all his unholy splendor, and though he might have changed his body, altered his style, there was no way he could change who he was at his core, his eyes were all she needed to see to know him, and it was there alone that she was capable of looking.

Her tongue felt heavy, mouth dry, and though she tried to speak out nothing but a breathy, airy noise escaped her. The body wasn't complying, it seemed, trapped within the shell, tormented by her inability to do the things she wanted to.

What she wanted was to return beyond the veil... Yet she realized with each passing moment, with each word the fiend spoke, that such was not really an option.

A second chance?

At least her face could be expressive, she gave him a curious look through the reeling of her dizzied state, her eyes couldn't seem to wholly focus.

A second chance for what?

At her side her hand tried to move once again, this time rattling the shackles which bound her. Apparently she was gaining at least a tiny piece of control... But it wasn't enough.

One teeny tiny word broke through her lips, though the voice sounded foreign to her, hoarse and distant, and she didn't even remember forming it in the first place.

"Why?"

Why was he doing this.

"Why?"

Truthfully he hadn't put much thought into the why, he was mainly preoccupied with the how and the where. It had been a laborious task to muster the strength to call someone so far lost to the Force back from the depths and implant their consciousness in a new body, he had previously only performed such rituals on those who had recently died.

Ra Vizsla had been the most challenging -- forcing the Dark Lord to physically travel through the Netherworld of the Force in order to retrieve his lost soul. This was on par, as it was physically impossible to retrieve it through the Warlock Gate since her soul did not reside in the Nether as he knew it, but was rather a part of the Cosmic Force. He had sift through innumerable other voices and personalities, all being stripped of individual and joining together in the Force to find the one he sought.

"Because you deserve to be mine, Asha. Ever since that day on Panatha I have sought to make you mine, I turned your children into my servants and I left that fool Tracyn for dead on Vendaxa. And now..." He leaned in close, his face mere inches from her own. "You will be mine at last."

His lips pressed against hers, and the Dark Side simmered in response.

[member="Asha Seren"]

Asha laughed.

It wasn't a nice sound, her voice was still hoarse and her throat constricted, though even without such it was bitter and filled with disbelief at what she was hearing.

In fact, it surprised even her.

This wasn't a laughing matter, there was nothing even remotely funny about it, and yet she had laughed all the same. Laughed in the face of her captor, he who had already murdered her once, he who had slain one of her boys in cold blood, and apparently held the other.

That final thought made rage swell throughout her, and her disconnection from the Force made her incapable of stopping it. It simply ran freely between them, her face contorting under this spike of anger that she would usually dismiss as quickly as it came about.

"Kobe..." she rasped, shaking her head, not her boy, her innocent boy... How had that happened? Why hadn't Josh watched him?

Why weren't you there, instead of finding your revenge? You were his mother... Yet you gave up the fight.

Guilt wracked her then. Mention of Tracyn was the final straw, and she seemed to become absolutely defeated where she was suspended, her presence swirling oddly, pure yet somewhat primal. A mother's rage.

"I will n--"

Her words were broken when the false God brought his lips to hers. She tried to turn her head away, but even that proved practically impossible. A corruptive essence seemed to charge in the air between them, twisting her stomach. She wanted it to end, but she realized now that such was not in her future.

He pulled away, his harrowing eyes watching her reaction intently.

"You can't do anything, Asha." His voice never rose above a gruff whisper, threat intricately laced throughout each syllable. "You threw away your life on that day when you forced my hand, abandoned your destiny like you did your children. But that can all change."

His fingers brushed against her cheek, tracing her jawline and lightly running over her full colorless lips. "Did you know what Kobe did after you died, after you abandoned him to his fate?" A chuckle, a dark knowing grin. "He came to me. He came to Panatha and knelt at my feet, tears in his eyes as he beheld his mother's murderer. I sensed so much hatred in him that day, so much suffering..." Another touch graced Asha's flesh, one given to elicit a shudder from his captive as his cold fingers mingled with the warmth of her newly given form.

"So I trained him, I taught him the ways of the Sith. In a way I have to think you, Asha. You delivered me one of my most promising servants."

[member="Asha Seren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom