Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fringe Confederation

The Admiralty
Codex Judge

ARiMAcm.png

What is the Fringe Confederation?

The Fringe has been many things throughout the years, but it has always been governed by a singular quality making it a desirable place for people to settle in. Freedom, a value promised, but seldom given without at least a few strings attached. But here you will find one of the few places in the Galaxy where you can be yourself, a place where people don’t care if you are a Master of the Darkside, a smuggler on the run, an aspiring Jedi, or something else entirely.

You want to be a troubled scientist with no morals? Maybe excel in some tactical mind-games during a fleeting skirmish or play the game of cards and become a powerful politician in the Fringe worlds?

Everything is possible within the Fringe Confederation.

Here danger lurks at every corner, monsters of unspeakable qualities: Gods from Beyond the Veil, insects who can take over your mind, reptiles who can put your mind in machines, ancient illusionist slugs… those are only a few of many beings you will encounter in the Unknown Regions.

We have one value we cherish and one job to do.

Protect the Galaxy against these threats.

Welcome to the Fringe here we kill monsters.

Why?

In general you can roughly divide the surface level of Star Wars in two sides, the Republic and the Jedi, and the Empire and the Sith. This is what people are familiar with, the eternal struggle between the two. Red lightsaber versus blue lightsaber, maybe a rebellion or two and if you toss a smuggler in the mix you are done for the day.

But what if you want something else? What if you have read the books, seen the movies and have been left with a simple question: "What else is out there?" That is where the Fringe comes in and pulls you into a rollercoaster of crazy worlds, adventures and general mayhem. Be what you want, be who you want, because at the end of the day the Lords of the Fringe care only about two things. Freedom and protecting that freedom.

Mission

OOC: Provide the community with an interesting and slightly less ‘to the norm’-environment to roleplay in. In canon, the Unknown Regions aren’t comparable to the Core Worlds; life here is different, a frontier full of opportunity and questionable acts of heroism and villainy. To be a Fringer is to confront difficult choices and look beneath the surface of things. We wanted to give you guys something more unorthodox to play with and here it is.

IC: The Fringe Confederation has always been the shield of the Galaxy, protecting its denizens from horrors unknown (whether they would like it or not). In this regard our mission is two-fold, protect our interests in the Galaxy and protect the Galaxy from the things only we understand, because we live it.

Structure

Government: Confederate Despotism.
Head of State(s): the High Council

The Lords of the Fringe started as a conglomeration of scoundrels, outlaws, exiled Sith Lords and the like, banding together in an attempt to stand against the horrors of the night.

Soon before long the military dominated the inner and outer-politics of the nation, an inner council of military leaders was established headed by the Grand Admiral. Eventually, for strategic and political reasons, she and her inner circle decided to transition the Fringe into a Confederation with democratic aspirations.

Today the High Council serves as the intermediary between the various governors of the Fringe planets and dictates central policy. While outwardly appearing to be a democratic process the High Council is in fact a despotism, simply with a different name. Members usually serve for life, but it is the strong that truly rule the Fringe Confederation.

Current members of the Fringe High Council are not in any specific order:

• Lord Dissero
  • Lucianus Adair
  • Lord Ovmar
  • Spencer Jacobs

To offset the occasional conflicts of interests there is a specific function, outside of chain of command. They are named the Arbiters, because their goal is to arbitrate any possible issues (in Fringe style, of course) that might arise between the High Council members and the sovereign governors and rulers of Fringe worlds.

Currently there are two Arbiters serving, Ashin Varanin and Alen Na’varro.

Governorships and titles to worlds in Fringe territory are often used to reward loyal service, and though they can serve as a stepping stone for the ambitious, some of the Fringe’s most powerful and respected members take this role. There are few things more satisfying than liberating, defending, and ruling a world, and becoming one of the Lords of the Fringe.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I'll toss my voice in here - I've been basically everything you can be in the Fringe, including a good bit of time spent as a rank and file member. I've always found it a high-quality faction that's relatively drama-free and encouraging of its members' ambitions and plans. There's nothing better than killing what needs killing in the Unknown Regions. It doesn't get old.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]
  • @Lord Dissero
  • [member="Lucianus Adair"]
  • [member="Spencer Jacobs"]

As being rescued by the fringe and me never following up with the story line. Here is a summary after being rescued by [member="Ashin Varanin"] from the Sith Fleet, and then given a new body by a certain character whose name might be Velok, Viera Kisep became Mara Linth, the daughter of another former admiral of the Sith Empire. I was wondering if you would have use of a former Supreme Moff of the Imperial Remnant ( before the current one), Grand Admiral nd only NFU Dark Council Member of the Sith Empire, and then Grand Moff of the Galactic Imperium. Despite my experience I expect with a new name and body to have to work for things but still I thought it should be mentioned as your faction would know exactly who she seeing who rescued and body swapped her :D . I hope to enter the ring of politics/admiralty again and was wondering if there is a place in the fringe for me still :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom