Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frigid Shadows [Atrisian Empire Dominion of Csilla]

Walking behind the woman was easy. Large humanoid shaped beings burst out of nowhere. It was like hell had decided to pay a visit. I tried to stab one with my vibrosword only to it skid off of the thing with a scratch. Sending its arms out it tried to grab at me. Swinging my sword to smack away its arms. its mouth opened to ether eat me or something else. Without hesitation I stabbed into its maw, It resulted in a very high pitched scream that made my hearing leave me to be replaced with a ring. I pulled the blade from its mouth and kicked it in the stomach as I drew my pistol. A second came towards me lashing out once again. I pulled up my slugthrower and fired a round towards its mouth to get another scream.

it seemed as though their skin was tough on the outside, but not inside. I screamed myself when one clawed at my right wing. Swinging the black feathered wing around I slammed it into the wall with a sick crunch. limply the body fell off and slumped on the ground. I ran over to @[member="Mirien Valdier"] passing a body that was covered in flames. As she was on her knees I ran over to see the woman blast the being with some force that I had not seen before. I rushed over as another came to get her. I stabbed the blade into the mouth of the beast. Turning to her, I offered my hand to get her up, but in a different way.

I was physically fit. Even more than most. Instead of just helping her up I intended to get a few of these weird things down in the process. I yelled out to her "MOUTH!" Even though I could not hear myself. Grabbing her arm I swung her from the ground to launch her at one, ether to crush it with sheer weight and force, or for her to come around and pierce the mouth of the beast.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin's burnt-orange lightsabre deactivated; in afterthought, the last two Ozzlites fell. Their blood steamed on the walls and floor of the ice tunnel. She scattered the steam with a wave of her hand, angling for another glimpse of the jagged shape that had lurked behind the Ozzlites.

The Force whispered, and she spun just as the tunnel ceiling collapsed. Immense black spikes pounded against her armor, driving her to the floor. Her cold backplate froze in the blood almost at once. Her lightsabre flared to life, but glanced off the creature's exoskeleton. She bent her neck to the side as far as it would go, and a decapitating thrust of a black leg sank into the ice.

Filling her lungs, she roared, a Force Bellow that slammed the Klaxxi up through the collapsing ceiling to strike the ceiling above it. She tore herself free of the ice with brute force and leaped up to meet it. Her sabre parried legs aside, her free arm swept away another couple of appendages, and she met the Klaxxi in midair with an armored knee to something she prayed was critical.

Qhorin Solas

Q
_______________________​
The Force's warning came half-a-second to late. Before I could discern the nature of the threat we were being swarmed; even the Lady Mirien was caught flatfooted, I myself saved from a sneak attack only by luck of positioning. The Klaxxi looked like giant, armored arachnids, and in the few moments it took them to flood the cave, I learned through the follies of my fellow Inquisitors that their flesh was resistant to the lightsabers. They were clearly the tougher opponents, the Klaxxi, but their numbers paled in comparison to the Ozzlites.

The strange, grey-skinned Ozzlites seemed as if bees buzzing about a hive, furious and chaotic as they ambushed us, rushing in without rhyme or reason. They had no sense of self-worth, no sense of preservation -- they were slaves in the truest sense of the word. As such, they were weak, worthy only in overwhelming numbers. I lost count of how many of the agile, long-limbed aliens squeezed into the cavern, but beneath the azure beam of my lightsaber, their numbers were cut in short order. They fought with knives and claws; I, with superheated plasma.

The Force bled over into my movements as I gave more and more of myself away to its vast waters, surrendering to my instincts. My blade seemed as if an ellipse of glowing blue energy, and then, as space cleared and more of the Ozzlites moved to take the place of their fallen peers, an epiclycoid, cutting through limbs, torsos, and heads like the thinnest of paper.

The ground shook, and a great booming rumble echoed from the caverns beyond. It sounded like something had collapsed. Was it more of these creatures?

!
Again I was assaulted by a sense of danger, but before I could react, something slammed into my shoulder, sending me spinning, I used my momentum to lash out with my saber, and ducked beneath the resulting sparks as the blue beam met one of several jagged, black limbs. I will enjoy your flesh, human. The voice was sick and twisted, more wretched even than the pitiful Ozzlites. It was evil, and the feel of it in my mind aroused the flames of my hatred. I abhored evil, and this creatures were nothing if not evil. I funneled my feelings into the Force, my passion and my battle lust and my hate, ripping wide my connection to its enlightening powers.

I moved faster, struck harder, and gave no quarter -- when another Klaxxi joined the first I fought harder still, but for all my efforts, I was at a stalemate. Bladework wouldn't win me this battle; I couldn't penetrate their flesh. Then, as if my realization had summoned the words, Black Dove revealed a weakness, that I, in my rage, hadn't noticed.
"MOUTH!"

Mouth? Why hadn't I thought of that? But not only their mouths, I realized; their eyes too. Both were small, hard to reach targets, but powered by my rage, I felt as if I could accomplish anything. I refocused myself, centering my concentration on the moment, and moved to engage the Klaxxi menace with renewed vigor.

@Rexus Drath @Cronos Aegir @Mirien Valdier @[member="Cronos Aegir"] @Naamah Aesham @Black Dove @Ashin Varanin

Bellalika jumped back, the creatures were annoying but as the pale blue blade stayed between her and the creature she breathed harder. They weren't able to be tricked with her mentalist cloaking... No and seeing the commander from the Fringe had only served to remind her of one thing. "Bellalika your a wrench and I'm using you as a hammer." That was what the woman had said to her on Elrood and it was true but she still had the purge units and other weapons. Still did have the force as she jumped up and pulled the trigger sending a stream of flame to roast the creature. The Glasteel mask fell away and her visor tracked it. "Oh these things are really not what I was expecting Grand Inquisitor."

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]
What was that saying .... Something about things being too perfect...Going too well. Cara couldn't remember at the time but things felt wrong. Things had been just that, too smooth, too perfect. Something was bound to happen. She was here listening to the ship, not the commotion around her of orders being given, racing through the bridge to other stations. None of that, she saw and heard not a bit of it. Something in the ship, she could feel was wrong and about that time the Captain approached. Was it Davision? or Devoe, she really couldn't recall. But before he even spoke a word she already could feel it, something was wrong, she just didn't know where and all of it showed on her face.

"There's a problem isn't there? Where?" She asked abruptly not even letting him speak a single word. Listen to ships and they'll tell you all you need to know. It ain't fancy mechanics that keep it in the air, it's love. About that time, power flickered the room going dark for a moment, but the backup kicked in like a charm. Well at least THAT works.

"Enes! Tell me what the hell that was!" She yelled into her com, angry. Things were going wrong big things. This was not supposed to be happening on her crown jewel. Not in the midst of a battle!

And about that time, the captain seemed to share the same concerned expression she did. "Seems we have more than just a little problem with power."

About the same moment Enes chirped in her comlink, "On auxiliary power, and secondary life support. Something fried, don't know what. Don't know where, but a surge came from somewhere." Cara grimaced at those words. Of all the things that could go wrong, why did it have to be that? She was about to speak when a crew member spoke up, "On backup life support, sir."

"A little problem?" This was a karking huge problem, yet the captain seemed calmer than she. He was worried no doubt, but there were other things to worry on. It was up to Miss Sampson and the other techs and mechanics on board to root out the problems and get things back online.

"Well now, doesn't that just gum up the works." She knew that was bad, especially now, especially at this moment in the middle of a battle. Flag ship, losing primary life support as well as primary power.. Bad, bad, bad! She turned pressing her finger to the comlink in her ear. "All team members are to divert to this. Find it. Fix it. Now! Yesterday now!"

"We know. We know Cara." Somehow it did not surprise her in the least that they seemed to be aware of things a bit in advance of the bridge crew. They were the best after all.

"Why are you still talking! Get on it now!" She snapped harshly.

"What did you think we were doing, sitting on our arses playing sabaac?! We're working on it."

"I swear if I have to come down there and fix it...." She stopped right there, a few choice words a woman like her should not know, but oh did she want to say it. But to be fair, at least she was not yelling anymore.

Cara had slipped into crisis mode. In that state, things changed with her. She got quiet. Anger slipped away and she went to work. There wasn't even a hint of emotion written on her face. It was simply her emotional response to hard situations, to bad ones. It was easy to shut off and not feel the fear, the angry, the worry and allow for those emotions to cloud her judgement. Don't get me wrong, the girl was angry, deadly so. Worried, even more so. And afraid of what could happen if she couldn't get the systems up and going. But if she took the time to truly let those emotions in, she'd been in a hell of a mess of trouble.

"Let me know if anything else happens. Or you need me." The com went silent. She know her team working as fast as they could. Even others that had been places at other systems came to help. Cara had a team, a damn fine one. A team she commanded, but it took everything she had in her not to leave the bridge herself and race to find the problem. She knew she could, and the woman wanted to. However, right now, she had no choice but to trust her team. Her place was on the bridge monitoring for more problems, waiting for orders to bring them down the chain.

Standing and waiting was killing her. So she went to work in her mind her mind through the possible failures, the possible junctures for things to go wrong. Her eyes flicking back and forth as if she was reading something, but truly just working through the issue. Had to be an overload, but where. What draws the most, and what's most taxed right now. Cara was used to smaller ships, not ones this big, with so many systems and so many places for things to go wrong.

Cara didn't know if it was the simple fact that they were on reserve systems, or her initial shout. But the room was deadly silent and the gravity of the situation started to sink it. They lost the reserve systems, something went wrong with the backup, they were screwed. And not in the fun, after dinner and wine way. In the oh god, oh god we're all going to die way.

"What currently is the most taxed system?" She asked loudly. The Captain having wandered off to manage something. She assumed shields or weaponry, but needed to know for sure. Needed an answer and surely someone could give it. Something somewhere fried the system and the surge had to start somewhere to have knocked the power out in the manner that it did.

@Rexus Drath @Cronos Aegir @Bellalika @Naamah Aesham @Black Dove @Ashin Varanin

You know what you get for being at the front of the line? Being the one to lead the charge? You get beaten the crap out of. So much for that. The Klaxxi was advancing on her, and she still on her knees till she felt someone pick her up, and throw her? It didn't register for a moment, but she was already pissed. Well, even pissed was a HUGE understatement. She was in a downright murderous mood, and someone, or something was going to be crushed.

She did a fast salto in the air as she flew, at the last second she diverted and used telekinesis to send her blade flying into the things mouth, aimed squarely to pierce the roof of it's mouth. Still manipulating the blade as she was on the ground some distance away she pulled it across the beings mouth, and well head as she sliced through it's brain from the inside. The thing collapsed to the ground, and after that she ripped the blade from it, calling it back into her outstretched hand.

The sheer rage visible in her eyes, would have left so many lesser beings fleeing in terror. Some of the slave beings in fact took a few steps back. However it was already too late, with a simple gesture she slammed four of them into the wall with the most sickening sounds echoing the cavern. The poor beings completely flattened. And Mirien was no where near done. Turning, she saw one of the Klaxxi show themselves, aiming to attack @[member="Naamah Aesham"] from behind. Closing her eyes and with great concentration even in the midst of the battle more gestures came, the monster screamed as Mirien quite literally crushed the monster. "Suppose I did need a bigger shoe." She smirked as she turned, knowing then needed to move and fast. They needed to get out of here.

"On your feet! MOVE! Every single one of you past me NOW! Anyone hurt wounded, grab them and let's MOVE!" She shouted above the fray. The Grand Inquisitor had a plan. The Klaxxi and Ozzlites would not be following them.

"NOW BEFORE I THROW YOU EACH THAT WAY!" Her rage filled words filled the hallway. She pointed to a side cavernous hall that wasn't filled with the creatures, and her senses told her, her gut spoke that it was the right way.

For what she had planned, she knew she had the power. It was just a matter of getting her people out before she did it, though there was risk that came with it. It could tax her too much with what had already been done. Might make her useless. But she had to protect her own no matter what it cost her. Though many did not know as cruel and cold as she could be, she cared. In her own sick and twisted ways, she cared. More than she could ever allow them to know. For any day she'd give her life to save one of them. And it might come to that if she was unlucky today.

"MOVE!" The order dark, and deadly. It was not to be disobeyed.

In the Darkness there is Truth
@[member="Mirien Valdier"], @[member="Cronos Aegir"], @[member="Black Dove"]

In short all hell had broken loose, the Inquisitors surrounded by Ozzlites and Klaxxi. The Ozzlites, driven by fanaticism, charged them, no sense of self-preservation, wildly swinging their claws, seeking to corner the Inquisitors. Where one fell, two more pounced out of the darkness, eager for blood. Naamah narrowly dodged as one of the beings leapt at her, rolling under its strike to lash out with her sabre and hack its legs off then felt a hard kick into her back that brought her down. One of the bizarre, grey-skinned beasts charged her and she brought out her slugthrower, firing three rounds in quick succession, bringing it down.

You are bacteria. Bend to us, the voice resonated in her head with the force of a hammerblow. It felt like her head was spinning and being smashed into jellie, then at this moment something hard and powerful slammed into her, another one of the Klaxxi, immense black spikes struck at her and she screamed in pain, then as the force of the blow hit her she was thrown through the air at high velocity. She managed to spin in mid-air and although dazed and land somewhat gracefully on the ground, narrowly having avoided an ice wall, panting as more Ozzlites advanced, charging her with reckless abandon. Now she was officially pissed and rage filled her, burning anger that she welcomed like an old friend. Raising her hands she unleashed a blast of telekinesis that gathered a large chunk of hard ice and hurled it her attackers. Blood was soon smeared upon the snow and using her chance she charged, her lightsabre travelling in a fast blurry, scything two of the beasts, letting out a battle cry like a deranged fury.

Blood of Ozzlites soon splattered upon her face, some landed on her lips and she tasted it, but she was not yet done. Telekinesis sent her blade flying towards the mouth of a Klaxxi, but she had misjuged and an Ozzlite jumped into its trajectory, getting speared for its troubles. She found herself facing the mighty spider weaponless as it charged her, the bullets Shooting out of her slugthrower and a weak force push she shot its way being without effect. Her face was struck by hard spikes and she screamed, her left arm went dead as the creature slammed into her. Grabbing her combat knife in one hand she stabbed the spider in the mouth, at the same time firing a stream of fire from her Purge gun. The great beast recoiled, giving her some breathing space as she staggered.

She had enough time to catch her breath when suddenly the spider pounced and came at her from behind before the surge of power from Mirien crushed it. Naamah would have made a quip but then she heard the command from Mirien. The order to get out, dark and powerful.

For once...Naamah hesitated, frozen in place as she stared at the Grand Inquisitor. In a bizarre, twisted sort of way...Naamah cared about her. One might call it Stockholm Syndrome...but abandoning her felt...wrong. She stood there, strangely disobedient, as more and more beasts charged, then her training took over and she ran.

I continued to fight these things more and more. Taking them on with arms, legs, weapons, wings, everything that I could use. I few times I got scratched or almost bitten, but each time I narrowly escaped with a jab to the mouth or the eyes. One came running up to me and easly I sent my foot up into the fork of the things leggs. it screamed and fell to its knees only to be stabbed in the mouth.

The fight seemed to last for hours even though it had only been seconds after I threw the woman. I could hear the crunch of the things as she went all rage on them. only then was there the command to get everyone out. I saw a few people run past me, to protect them in their run I rolled my wings back to take up the entirety of the tunnel and pushed with the force. Everybody that was coming towards us were hit back for a few seconds for the lady inquisitor to do what ever she wanted. After that, I ran.

@[member="Cara Sampson"], @[member="Davik Tren"], @[member="Thane Danson"], @[member="Somarae"]

The Emperor watched has the fleet's weapons tore into the swarm of fighters. For every one they destroyed, five more seemed to be vying for the emptied space so they could attack. For the moment the strategy of the Atrisian fleet seemed to preventing significant losses as most of the enemy fighters were destroyed before their powerful lasers could be brought to bear. The Yovshin-class ships were proving to be just as effective against the fighters as he had hoped, enough so that they were taking out more of the fighters than the Atrisians fighters.

"Redirect our fighters into the atmosphere, order them to pick off the enemy fighters as they emerge from the snow."

No sooner had the order been given than the lights flickered off, then came back on much dimmer. The less powerful emergency power had kicked in, and with it across the board systems were turning off to reserve the power for the most critical systems. He also heard the report the life support was down, so with the slightest flick of his fan to indicate his feelings Akio walked over to where Cara was busy. "Well our weapons were just taken offline, since we no longer seem to have a reactor to power them. Our shields remain online, and I think I speak for everyone aboard the ship that we would very much like to keep those active. I need the Atsushi operational again, expediently Miss Sampson."

The battle seemed to be going well, so far only one chiss ship had been lost to the enemy fighters. They seemed to be concentrating on the smaller ships, likely because they correctly assumed the smaller ships had weaker shields. That was a simple truism of ship design, that unfortunately meant the smaller ships of the chiss fleet would attract more attention than the star destroyers of the main Atrisian fleet. The Atrisian frigate screen was assisting tremendously, preventing many chiss lives from being lost in the process.

"Jun Lekin'ed'omelan, we just received word from the Emperor's ship that the fighters are to descend and destroy the fighters as they appear."

"Send the order to the clawcraft, make sure the anti-air fire is rearranged to cover any holes left by their absence."

As Nedo watched, the Atrisian flag ship suddenly went quiet. It still showed shields, but the weapons were no longer firing. Then the report of technical trouble came in. With the loss of so many guns, more and more fighters were getting through that section of the fleet, and a Jun-class carrier was now in danger of being overrun. "Move us closer to that carrier, it needs our support until the Emperor's ship is able to fire once again. Time to repay the support from the Atrisian frigates."

Cody Weadge

Weadge, Cody Weadge
There were occasions when to live, a person had to put themselves through extremely painful experiences. Atrisian agents were trained to do that without question, but Cody brought that ability to new levels. As the monstrous spider approached him, he folded his hands as thin as he could, and then pulled as hard as he could. The result was his hands breaking with a crack, and becoming free of his restraints. His position, and suddenly not having the chains to keep him upright, caused him to fall forward. The agent turned this into a roll that brought him up to his feet right in front of the red eyed alien who had been shocking him.

A sharp kicked knocked the alien back, and Cody yanked the electrostaff from its grip as he did. Spinning he stuck the giant spider with it only to see the electricity arch across its body harmlessly. Clearly the weapon had been chosen for the torture because the hidden master did not have to fear it being used against him.

<You can not harm me with that human>

Silence was Cody's answer, but a part of him deep inside wanted to make a snide comment about the spider stating the obvious. He did not get a chance to react through as one of the spiny legs suddenly lashed out at unexpected speed and sent him flying hard into a wall probably breaking some ribs in the process. "Really need that bigger shoe."

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

Cara was hearing occasional reports back and forth across her com from her team, a datapad with the entire ship layout in hand, areas in red lit up that they knew were effected. Other areas yellow, indicating they had been taken down to conserve power.

Working in her mind, no words spoken she was listening to the ship, listening to her gut and working with every inch of her knowledge of ships over many years to find what the hell went wrong.

The Emperor's approach did not go unnoticed, but she did not lift her head to look at him, focused intensely as she poked through the layout, looking seeking where it went wrong. "Do you think I am not aware of such? Shakedown cruises are done for a reason. And I gave warning that this was a bad idea. An untested ship, thrown into battle.... Kinks are always in every ship at first every ship without fail has dozens."

"A surge caused the blackout, we are trying to pin down where and make the needed repairs but I need to know what taxes this ship the most in combat. What draws the most power? Without that answer I cannot find the problem and get us back online. Because were the problem started, is where I have to go. The rest of my team is elsewhere making the necessary repairs. So, don't press me on the situation. It's in my ear constantly. I know how bad it is. I know exactly what is offline at this moment. You do not have to remind me."

Only then did she look up at him, the look in her eyes one of fierce determination, mixed with anger that something so vital went down. "Now if you can answer my very simple question I might be able to fix all of this. What taxes a ship like this most in combat?" She asked again. Irritated though not showing it at all, and oddly calm. Not a trace of emotion on her face, though the words were phrased snippy, the tone did not match the words. "The surge came from somewhere. Something overtaxed the system, pushed too much through a junction and it's likely blown. Its a damn needle in a hayfield. With all due respect, I need an answer. Without it, it could be a long while before I find exactly what has us offline."

"Again my team is working on the areas damaged in the surge. But I need the source. Damaged areas are easy to find, I need the source so I can change it, rig it, fix it as so it does not do it again." She sighed, "I'm doing the best I can. Working as fast as is possible. If I can get there. I can fix it. There is no doubt. That is what I am good at, that is my job on these cruises. Fixing the unexpected, often jury rigging until we can make it home to do the real repairs. That is where I excel. If you recall it was that very method that saved your life." She reminded him, of those few moments before the crash where she raced madly to give the ship an extra boost, seconds that saved not only his life, but hers.

The slightest twitch of his mouth was Akio's only reaction to her words. Cara had a way of speaking that managed to grate against his military groomed sensibilities. Now to mention that everyone within earshot was now staring at her, as if they were waiting for one of the Imperial Guards to lop off her head for the insubordination. Luckily for Cara Akio was not the type of ruler who executed people just because they had a poor attitude. Not to mention she was far more useful alive than dead, it was why he had gone through such effort to bring her into the Empire to begin with.

"The simple answer is that it likely was the shields, if it had been the weapons it would have happened during our initial bombardment. The only change to power consumption since then has been since those fighters got near enough to open fire, their weapons are powerful and the shields have to struggle to hold against them."

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

She was a civilian after all, and one with an attitude problem. It was no wonder the man hadn't smacked her with that fan. She had almost expected it given her words. Cara could feel the eyes upon her, of all in the room but didn't care. She had her answer. "That's what I needed to know." Was that really so hard? She wanted to speak those words aloud, but knew better she was pressing it as it was. At that point, Cara had a good idea exactly what the problem was and exactly how to work around it. It was just getting there. Good thing she was skinny with thin arms and such.

Touching the link in her ear, she spoke softly, "Enes, I'm going to section 24. Have someone meet me with a kit, seems I have work do to."
"What? Ma'am aren't you supposed to stay on the bridge?"

"You really gonna argue with me?"

"But Cara you need to...."

She cut him off fast. "Enes, your gums are still flapping, might want to see to that."

"..."

That's what I thought. She turned to the Captain, not the Emperor. "Keep me appraised of any other issues that appear. Seems I have to manage something myself." This kind of problem was better in her hands, than her team and all of them knew it. Though, she really was supposed to stay on the bridge. And right now that was the last place she wished to be. It didn't take a Jedi to know she'd more than annoyed the Emperor. More than just a lil bit. Without another word, she turned and started for the door.

Akio watched as the ship's designer left the bridge before turning around to look at the crew members. There was no anger in his calm blue eyes, but wherever his gaze wandered people were suddenly remembering that they had jobs to do. Their ship might be dead in the water, so to speak, but the battle had not ended. Looking down at the planet he wondered how the ground battle was going. He wished he could have sent walkers down, but the AT-ATs would have been far too large to fit into the underground tunnels.

Idly he tapped his fan rhythmically against his chest, pondering what action to take next. It was difficult to build a strategy against an opponent when the opponent had no strategy themselves. They simply continued to throw themselves at the Atrisian ships without regard for their own lives, clearly hoping for that one instant of glory when an Atrisian ship was destroyed before getting snuffed out themselves. He wondered what kind of culture created such a suicidal mindset. From the wreckage at Rakata Prime they knew these craft were piloted, and they had to be intelligent, so why did they not care about their lives?

Perhaps if they could understand that, then they would understand everything.

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik made his way down to the lower levels of the bridge to the many men that worked at their computers to continue with the heavy barrage down upon the fighters that attempted to broke through. His own ship held firm with it's fire and he soon noticed the numbers of enemy fighters, while still thick in the space, were beginning to thin out quite noticeably. The motions around the bridge had Davik's full attention as the battle raged on, but he soon noticed a deck officer who held a datapad that showed the Emperor's flagship go dark for a few moments and red lights began to flare on the power tab of the ship as well. This was unsettling to say the last. If the Emperor was out of commision and unavailable to aid in the fight, it would greatly hamper their ability to hold off the fighters.

"Deck Officer, send a message to the emperor's ship. Tell them we are ready to send over extra engineers if required."

"Aye, Sir."

@Akio Kahoshi

Qhorin Solas

Q

@[member="Black Dove"] | @[member="Naamah Aesham"] | @[member="Mirien Valdier"] | @[member="Bellalika"]​
______________________​
"On your feet! MOVE! Every single one of you past me NOW! Anyone hurt wounded, grab them and let's MOVE!"
The second Klaxxi fell at my feet, its mouth and eyes little more than smoking holes of molten flesh, courtesy of my lightsaber. Black Dove's advice had proven most helpful, and with a combination of skill and desperation, I'd been able to vanquish the pair of my foes. Despite our many personal victories, however, we were slowly but surely being overwhelmed. We were terribly outnumbered; the tide of foes seemed endless, as more and more of them poured into the cavern with each passing second. I couldn't fight them all, and as I looked to my fellow Inquisitors, I saw that they couldn't fight them all either. What did the Grand Inquisitor have planned, I wondered?

She yelled again, gesturing to an open stretch of cave absent of both Klaxxi and Ozzlite. I could scarcely hear her over the din of battle, but I understood the gist of her command. Hurriedly, my lightsaber cutting a swath through the coming horde, I made my way to the area she'd indicated, always flowing, always moving, like water rushing down a hill. As I moved, I pondered what her plan could possibly entail. Considering our circumstances, there weren't many options available; she could detonate a bomb, or pull the ceiling down on top of them.

"MOVE!"
That, I understood. I moved past a lingering Naamah, fully intent on following orders, and yet... there were inklings in the Force, wisps of shifting possibilities and realities that I couldn't ignore. I sunk further into the Force, gathering the power generated by the maelstrom of my feelings and the lingering black energies roiling around the cavern, born of the planet's suffering. This, I converted into pure concussive force to be unleashed at my command, holding the energy tight to my body. Brows furrowed against the strain, I turned to Mirien, ducking beneath Black Dove's massive wings as he ran past. "After you, my Lady." I tried to smile, belying the severity of the situation. "Surely you don't expect us to leave you."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
TUNNELS

As the aftershocks of their impact rippled through the tunnels, Ashin's kneecap withdrew from the Klaxxi's chest cavity. Sometimes, there were things to be said about the most direct route. Another immense, spined shape rose out of the half-collapsed tunnel, a shape made of darkness and fear. Ashin gestured, and the dead Klaxxi's legs tore free to impale the second monster. Ichor steamed on the ice.

She stalked through the tunnels, guided by her broad-scale sense of where things where and where she needed to be. There was a presence, and a half-familiar one. In her travels, in years gone by, the enigmatic Mirien Valdier had been one of those people who made a mark and opened up while leaving large truths veiled. Ashin had her suspicions about Valdier, but there had been a time when she considered her enough of a friend to show Mirien her scars. She'd once stripped down to an athletic bra in Mirien's office, revealing a body more scar tissue than skin. This was a new body, but the scars had begun to accumulate nonetheless.

But who and what Mirien was, what she did, those were things Ashin had never known for certain.

Perhaps now that she felt Mirien and others in pain, she would have that chance.

The Dark Master limped down the tunnel, lightsabre in hand. A squad of Ozzlites opposed her for about ten seconds; she was in no mood to treat them fairly. A thrown lightsabre, guided by an iron will and a direct imagination, took them out instantly. She stepped over their bodies into a tunnel that was being rapidly evacuated. Now struck her as a good time to pick up the pace.

@Black Dove | @Naamah Aesham | @Mirien Valdier | @Bellalika | @[member="Cronos Aegir"]

@Rexus Drath @Cronos Aegir @Bellalika @Naamah Aesham @Black Dove @Ashin Varanin

(Rexus/Bella if you wish for an edit I'll do one, but Mirien wasn't kidding about throwing people.)

Mirien counted one by one as people moved by her, making sure all her team was with her. Rexus, she reached out in the force and grabbed roughly and tossed him down the hall she had mentioned. She was not kidding about throwing them if they didn't move. Bella received the same treatment, plucked from the battlefield and tossed down to safety. Only Cronos stood at her side. If looks could kill, that very dark rage filled look would have. "It is you I will not leave behind." she said cool. Concern written in her features, clear that she cared more than she ever allowed to she, lowering her tone she spoke. "I will give my life for yours any day. For I am the past, it is you and them that are the future. You, they must be saved." She said firmly, unmoving.

The woman did not budge an inch, she was not leaving. And already she sensed a familiar presence from a time long ago. Whispered memories. She was about to tear down the tunnel with Cronos, but she paused merely using telekinesis to push the beings back to hold them shoving them as much as she could to clear a path and there a limping figure appeared on the other end. "Hurry!" She shouted strained. The familiar presence she could not place, could not recall the name but she knew this one.

It was her plan and no doubt the only conclusion he'd come to as well. "Wait till that one gets through, and bring it down." She commanded to Cronos, though she was more than a little strained holding back the horde they'd been fighting. Not allowing a single one past her wall of the force. "Hurry!" She spoke again. There was no way she could divert energy to grab the being and pull them towards the group to safety. "Come on woman hurry! We've not got all day!"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@Rexus Drath @Cronos Aegir @Bellalika @Naamah Aesham @Black Dove @[member="Mirien Valdier"]

She caught Mirien's call over the sound of an army held back. A wall of telekinesis blocked in tight-packed Ozzlites and a few Klaxxi. Ashin's limp turned into a lopsided sprint, Force-enhanced, to put her with the Atrisians. She tripped and slid, then righted herself and rolled to her feet. Her hands flew out, empty, closed into fists. The tunnel ceiling began to shudder as the Atrisians' plan became clear, and Ashin devoted her strength to the effort of joining them to drop the ceiling.

One couldn't let @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] have all the ceiling-dropping notoriety, after all.

Ashin didn't bother speaking to Mirien or the rest, not over the almighty noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom