Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Friends in Unlikely Places

throne_02.jpg

Credit
Objective: Achieve a peaceful, fruitful allyship.
Tagging: Walker Walker

Sharp silence, the room was filled with it. Although filled with soldiers of The Bulwark army, a pin could drop in the room and you could hear it all the way to the entrance of the grand hall. Simeon sat perched up in one of the five chairs lining a table facing the front, a strong aura stemming from his very being. He had his eyes buried in a message sent out to his stronghold from a small nearby town requesting more troops from The Coalition, in order to defend their lands against the ferocious wildlife that laid in the forest. Simeon took a long sigh before carefully explaining that they would send twenty men over to control the bloodshed.​
While in the middle of writing his response, a soldier paced into the room and stopped right before Simeon. "Grand Commander, there are two men here to see you, they said that you sent for them." The soldier fumbled over his words speaking directly to Simeon.​
"Send them in," Simeon said, not raising his eyes from the communication system.​
This meeting was important. Everybody in the room knew it, and without saying anything, every soldier in that room conveyed it. Most of these men had never left Hollastin for their whole lives, drafted by The Bulwark Coalition at a young age so that their families could live a life of wealth and prosperity. Simeon never felt bad for the boys, but he did treat them as well as he could in a profession like this. He never bothered to learn their names, they usually never lasted long enough for it to matter anyway.​
"Right away, Grand Commander." the soldier squeaked before pacing back towards the entrance of The Hold. A few moments passed, and Simeon heard two sets of footsteps walking back to where he was seated. As they began to get closer and closer, Simeon finished up his response and turned the tablet off. A different soldier came and grabbed his tablet, replacing it with a different one. Simeon heard chatter from the two men and finally looked up to see the two men standing in front of him. He analyzed them both quickly and silently, before motioning for them to sit down in front of him. He didn't say a word and waited for the two men to introduce themselves.​

This was an interesting occasion. He had been contacted, rather formally, to meet with a notable individual. Pirates, criminal groups, those sorts weren't unusual. They needed someone with a bad history willing to aid them. But this was different. And both he and Kot knew that whatever came out of this was going to be a rather...changing event.

They had come on Kot Vind's ship, who also came with Walker. As usual, the Devaronian was armed with a blaster on one side, and a Cursed blade on the other with ilum-carbonite-grenades on his sash. The Devaronian was somewhat taller than Vash, and probably looked a great deal more intimidating with keen eyes that darted back and forth from each person as if looking straight for their eyes. But Walker continued as if this was just a social call, his walk completely casual, and his face a simple friendly smile. He also had a blaster at his side, and a Cursed Blade across his back.

Vash had learned from the past that he had a habit of...screwing up in negotiations. He was too casual at times. Kot was much more deviously minded. More able to notice incoming tricks instead of just making them up himself. And since Vash could simply talk to him telepathically. There would be no risk of any of these people hearing their discussion before either of them spoke.

But when he did, it came out just as the same as he walked. Casual, and friendly, holding out his arms for a moment to show his arrival before letting them flop back at his side, "'Hello hello! You rang?" he prompted, "Hopefully you didn't already forget, but it's Vash Walker. Doctor, alchemist, innovator, whatever the best word is. This is Kot," he said slapping him on the back.

The Devaronian gave a quick and calm smile, "A pleasure." he said, his voice much more tame than the Vrans.

It didn't take long before Vash had already instinctively started reaching out to the minds present, searching for whatever thoughts might be at the forefront of their minds. Really it was quite rude, but he didn't care much for social manners. Besides, his mother had always told him it was essentially their right to do so. And if the other people noticed, it was their right to bring it up as it showed they had spotted it.

Simeon Karth Simeon Karth

There's not much in here Simeon thought to himself, knowing full well Vash Walker was attempting to see into his thoughts. Not as much as you'd think, at least. Simeon had dealt with all forms of force manipulation in his years of politics, and all forms had failed. Anything people thought they had found, Simeon didn't care if they had seen it anyway.

Walker and the Davaronian made themselves known almost immediately. Simeon wasn't entirely sure what he was expecting, but it didn't feel like this was it. He picked up a chalice of wine and took a small sip before setting it back down, wiped his mouth, and began to formally address the two. Simeon looked at a soldier standing relatively close to the three, and the soldier began to speak in a tone that boomed and filled the room. "This is Simeon Karth, son of Layman Karth, Grand Commander of The Bulwark Coalition." Before the soldier could say any more, Simeon shot his right hand up and silenced him.

"That's quite enough." He said before resting his hand back down to beside his tablet, the machine beeping and whirling with notifications and messages over and over again. "I've heard plenty of you, Vash Walker, tales of your experimenting reach even this far into wild space," Simeon said, taking another sip of his wine and continuing, "What is it you exactly want?" He said curiously. Although he had sent a formal invitation, the trek to Hollastin was never an easy one and the journey to The Hold even less so.

Simeon had met every piece of space scum from Nar Shadaa to Denon but had yet to come across such an interesting specimen. Vash, a man of unique frame and even more unique personality, accompanied by an alarmingly large Devaronian named Kot. Simeon didn't like Devaronians, they were a species of deceit and low cunning, a boring bunch, he thought to himself. But Kot was different, strangely so, as if he had been made passive through unnatural means. For some reason, Simeon also thought he had heard the name before.

Simeon, while awaiting Walkers' response, motioned for one of the soldiers to pour him and Kot a glass of wine, a symbol of good faith and a long-lasting, healthy relationship between the three.

Tag: Walker Walker

Walker didn't visually react to Simeon Karth Simeon Karth 's thoughts, instead responding in the same manner of telepathy, You never know what you'll find. Always worthwhile to check.

The half Vran looked at the soldier, smiling but furrowing his brow as he begin to give a long title. He wasn't going to stop him, people liked their flair. But it didn't really change Walker too much. Titles were superficial. They had value only for those that considered them to have value. So their value was entirely dependent on how many considered it so.

Vash chuckled as Simeon told him to stop and then got to his questions. And that he had heard of Vash's experiments. There was a moment of hesitation as Vash looked at the wine, watching the man pouring it carefully. The bottle, the glass. Kot remained silent. But their were words between the two, If I die. Kill the man. Then the one who poured. The rest are entirely irrelevant. Whatever means you desire.

No verbal response, but Vash knew Kot understood and would obey. The Vran took the glass, gave a smile, and took a sip. Letting it sit in his mouth as he breathed in and out for a moment to savor it before finally swallowing, "I want to create and grow." he finally answered, "Species, weapons, alterations, innovations." he explained holding the glass out and looking at the wine that he swirled in its glass, pulling it away for a moment to watch the wine hover before returning it to its place in his glass and taking another sip.

"These blades are quite nice, but they're hardly anything of note. My greatest alchemic creation remains The Generator." he said, which he didn't clarify. The Generator was not something that he almost ever used around people, so it didn't really have any reputation. Then again the blades also rarely needed to be used, though Kot certainly had. But it was a powerful weapon nevertheless, "For that, I require time, resources, and knowledge."

He put an army around the taller devaronian, "Kot here helps me with that. And some of my previous creations. With each new alteration, I gain a new way of gaining resources more efficiently. Kot acts as my mouth piece most of the time. Every weapon, every factory, every soldier, they rely so much on knowledge and resources. Life, that can be created. Replicated. Altered. But the only way to do that, is to know how, and have the means to make it."

He leaned back, swirling the wine as he looked at it, "And what about you, what do you want?"

Simeon quickly took some notes on his tablet, then moved it over to the side before taking a small taste of the vintage and setting it to the side as well. "I want what any man in my position would," he retorted, "I simply want more. I want more for my people, for my land, and for The Coalition." Simeon reminisced on his childhood for a moment, thinking back to the times before all of this chaos, before every planet in the galaxy was at each other's throats.

"It seems as though you and your.. partner," Simeon didn't know how to refer to Kot, whether they were friends, coworkers, or anything in between, he couldn't tell quite yet, "have a lot to offer me, and in return, I believe The Coalition has a lot to offer to you." Simeon looked at the guard who had handed him the wine, and without saying a word, every soldier in the room had left after him. Now it was just Vash, Kot, and himself.

"I am a man of many resources and many connections. If all you seek is resource and knowledge, then you have found it." Simeon said before taking a more relaxed tonal approach. "I won't ask for much, only that you pledge your allegiance to The Coalition. Work with my men and I and you will be able to create to your heart's desire." The room sat for a moment, the only noise was of Vash swishing his wine back and forth in the cup. Simeon fell silent in thought for a moment before offering what he could give, "We will give you a room in The Hold to conduct your experiments in freely, with all the resources we can gather for you. You will also have The Coalitions men at your disposal, to take with you to gather materials on your own time as well. Does this sound optimal?"

Simeon never showed it, but he felt in a good mood. Vash could offer more to The Coalition than he had ever thought of and awaited his response with great interest.

Walker tapped his fingers on the glass as he listened to Simeon. He wanted "more" well that was a pretty broad statement. But, it was also a pretty broad desire. The term partner caused a silent chuckle in Vash. That was most certainly not the word. Nor, probably, were most things that someone could think of. Worshipper was likely more accurate. Vash had altered the devaronians mind to the point of making him believe that Walker was an outright god of some kind.

That was irrelevant though. The point was, they were offering something to Walker. The soldiers left the room, Kot watched them go while Vash's eyes remained on the man before them. He gave his answer, or offer. What he was offering was essentially a trade. If he worked with him, he'd have access to considerable resources.

Vash didn't bother trying to hide his consideration. His weighing of both sides. There was always limitations. Always issues with managing things like this. Working under people. However. There was also an ease on the workload he had to do. No longer required to ensure his own resources could be brought, he could use those of this Coalition to obtain and utilize them. "You offer quite a bit on the hope that I can provide you with things you can use."

He, stroked his chin, "How about a test. We figure out something worthwhile to you that I can make, I naturally get some of it or else some personal version of it. And if we can find something that works for both of us. I agree. If not, then this deal wouldn't work in the first place. Unless of course we try one of my pre-existing methods." he took in a sniff of the wine in thought, his eyes drifting across the floor in thought, "So is there something specific that you know of I can provide. So let's start with some ideas, species, species alteration, drug. Or would you prefer something like this," He tapped the weapon at his side, "A typical alchemic weapon."

Kot looked at him and Vash corrected himself, "Ah, of course. That's not typical is it. Please, demonstrate."

The Devaronian stepped back from the two sliding the blade out of its sheath with a finger seemingly harmlessly on the broadside of the blade. He held up the blade which immediately caught fire, which he seemed to draw off with his hand, holding it out before shutting his hand causing it to extinguish and then putting the sword back in its place. "A minor example." Vash explained, "For your information, Kot isn't force sensitive. I designed these weapons, there's only a few of them mind you, so that with my teaching even a non force user can utilize pyromancy. Just a bit of an idea of the types of things I have done."

Simeon watched the display intently. He saw Kot put his finger on the blade and then watched it ignite in flames. Pyromancy, Simeon had thought to himself, how interesting. But Simeon was no fool to the alchemy of this sort. All ups have downs, and all positives must be met with equal negatives. This was a mysterious weapon, however. The exact logistics of it could be discussed, but Simeon was immediately enamored with the blade.

"That was quite the demonstration and an excellent start," Simeon said, with the same cold expression on his face, "You had my interest, now you have my attention." Simeon grabbed his wine and took one last sip before gathering his thoughts. "Can this sort of weapon be mass-produced with the correct resources? I have a heavy interest in your ability to manufacture these." The breeze in the room from the open windows swept lightly, the wind bristling the light hair on Simeons' head.

Simeon took another pause before formulating his next question. "I also have heavy interest towards your species manipulation and creation. I would not expect you to have a specimen with you, but do you have an example of the sort? Major tactical advantages come forth when adding that element to the army." Simeon thought that his army was missing an important piece, all great armies were not entirely made of fully sentient creatures. Allies didn't always come in the form of soldiers, and Vash caught his ear with mention of species and species alteration. "Alchemy is no simple science and does not come with free use, what drawbacks do these weapons and species have?"

Simeon ended his interrogation and calmly waited for a response. He sat in hopes that the drawbacks wouldn't be too extraneous, but then again, he cared little for the livelihood of those fighting. All that he cared for was success and victory in battle, the morality of it all meant very little to him if anything at all.

Walker smiled at him, a simple confirmation of the response that he had to the demonstration. He rubbed his hands together in thought as he was asked the question of if they could be done in mass production, "In theory? Yes. In practice, I don't believe anyone has ever done it. I have made multiples of these, as to me they are quite simple. But I've been doing this all my life. My mother spoke of alchemy swords being extremely common on her home for the more elite in the military. But many of them being only extremely durable. The issue comes with the requirement of what you'd know as the force being required to produce such a thing. The reason why I say in theory it's possible is because I absolutely believe a factory could be created. But there's a chance that could be stolen, or disrupted. And would take considerable amount of time and effort. Among other complications. I could teach the right force sensitive people how to do it, but then you'd really have to trust them."

He stroked his chin as Simeon asked about his species. Asking for examples. "I'm working on further experiments. The main species I legitimately made, rather than simply...altered, would have to be the Shekti. Personally, I consider them a failure. They're stupid and shortlived. But they're excellent for swift and aggressive fodder. They are extremely aggressive towards those not of their own species, can and will try to eat nearly anything including poisons with little if any repercussions, are quite strong and fast, and breed so fast I have to regularly thin their numbers in order to ensure their food supply lasts. They can be trained with simply commands, but they mostly are limited by "Attack", "go", and "don't attack" unless you happen to be a telepath like me. Best used when attempting to scare an enemy, or waste their ammunition. Or, if you want them to be terrified of jungle terrain as that is the natural habitat of these creatures. Naturally, I have others. I am working on a more...sentient race. Search for results like a predator, yet perceive the world like prey. Large and dangerous enough when unarmed, but with capable hands to allow them to use any number of weapons. And whose senses exist well beyond those of anyone not well trained in the force. However, they will be fewer in number. A long term investment, one whose profits can only partially be taken soon."

Next came the matter of drawbacks as the man mentioned. Naturally there were some. But the weight of each outweighed the weaknesses in his opinion. "Depends on the weapon." he explained pulling out his sword and using the force to allow it to be held out with the hilt towards the man for him to grab it if he wanted, though if not he'd simply pull it back to himself. "Don't touch the blade. Most alchemized weapons have some manner of empowering themselves. But many times, instead of truly being their own source, they take or simply aid the wielder. As a result, a wielder can exhaust themselves simply by using it. Or endanger their lives. These blades were designed to absorb the stamina of others, stealing it to fuel its own power. The more you use it properly, the more you can use its advantages. Or, if you know what you're doing. Fuel it yourself, at risk. Kot is a very healthy individual however and is much more experienced than most. So he knows the limits. On the upside, this means anyone can use it if taught properly. As well as it can weaken an opponent just by the proper hits and contact. On the downside, this must be done at some point to truly use it. That's why it's a poor weapon for someone, like, say, a sith sorcerer. Who would perhaps avoid the actual physical confrontation. But perfect for me and Kot, who are more used to it. However I've made other designs in the past, more specific to force users. And likewise, can make future versions that may be more fit for others. Keep in mind with greater resource access, greater things can be made. There are ways to empower a weapon. But sometimes they'd be considered quite costly."

"As for the species. Again, it's a matter of particulars. The Shekti, as I said, are utter idiots. And have to be controlled for their own safety. Many alchemic species, who have active relations with the force as not all will, would inherently have a weakness to things designed to counter it. Even if they can make up for that weakness, or would simply be reduced to only average. Alchemy is more versatile than just blades and beasts. Disease, enhancements, meditation aids, truly anything can be created with the right time, knowledge, and resources." The thought of such things made the Vran smile. It was why he had no issue making Kot believe he was a god. For truly. When the laws of nature were at ones fingertips, he really could almost believe it himself.

Simeon examined the cursed blade as it was extended to him, waited for a short moment, then met the blade at the hilt. He carefully noticed the intricacies of the design, small embers dancing in the cracks of the handle. Walker continued his explanation, The Commander listening intently, but quietly pushed a button on his tablet, followed by a light beep. Immediately one soldier was sent in towards Simeons' side, eerily quiet.

After waiting for Walker to complete his explanation of his alchemic abilities, which were profound to say the least, Simeon gave a soft and albeit off character smile, "So, if what I heard is correct, it saps the energy from living beings, which powers its pyromania abilities?" Simeon said, trying to entirely understand the weapon. As walker nodded, Simeon began a display of his own.

"You say you could potentially mass produce these with a factory," Simeon trailed off, as he slowly began to rise from his chair for the first time since the meeting began, the wood creaking as his weight released it, "But why go through the trouble?" Simeon said, in a voice that left a chill over the soldier. As he stood up, he and the soldier now faced Walker and Kot, the cursed blade and the young man both on his right side.

"You said you could teach them, the force sensitives, but you wondered on their trust," Simeon began, taking a pause to look at the soldier and then back towards the duo, "But I believe that it's the most efficient. Why have one worker with too many responsibilities when you could have one master with thousands of students?" Simeon finished, as he placed the central ridge of the sword on the soldier. The stamina of the soldier began to slowly sap into the sword. Simeon held it there, longer and longer and longer. Eventually, until the soldiers knees began to buckle, Simeon released the blade from his abdomen. The soldier immediately sat on the ground, breathing as loudly as the winds blew in the Hightower.

"They will learn, and you will be their master. Teach them, and in turn, we will create a ferocious force for our fingertips to handle" Simeon pulled his chair out, and sat back down to be at level with the two. He waited for both of their opinions on the matter, getting his tablet ready for their signatures.

Tags: Walker Walker

Kot looked at the man who was brought out, but Vash was the one who truly felt the fear in the soldier as Simeon spoke. Neither Kot nor Walker had any sense of guilt or compassion for the soldier as the life was sucked out of them. That was simply their state in life.

Walker cocked his head as Simeon suggested to use numerical odds over quantity odds. It wasn't something that Vash considered poor judgement exactly. But when your own resources had been so limited, the skills of the few individuals such as Kot could greatly improve ones ability to succeed. Vash chuckled at the soldiers loss of stamina. Just the feeling of watching a successful design any scientist might feel. In his eyes anyway. Besides the guy didn't die, so even if he did feel guilt it was certainly not for this man.

He was suggesting Walker teach these people, or at least be involved in it. Walker tapped his fingers, designs, those could be sold easily. Individual pieces of knowledge. But teaching people progress-able knowledge was a more costly adventure. He stroked his chin in thought.

Do you have the time. Kot thought, the silent communication between the two beginning. Hard to say. Even if he has that many people we can make use of it could be difficult. Then again, if I could recreate some of the tech that my mother had access to I could implant much of them with it. Then their practice could be more perfected over time. You could be used to help, even if you are not force sensitive you could be taught the techniques of teaching and then impart that onto them. For the more difficult or promising ones I'd spend more time with.

I believe I could manage that. What if he tries to turn against you then?
That shouldn't be for a while, if he tries at all. My value only increases over time as I gain more knowledge. And so do my allies. If he tried to betray me he'd lose more than he could possibly gain.

Kot nodded and Vash nodded to him as well. Stepping forwards, speaking aloud instead of telepathically to Kot, "Splendid, I believe something like this can be managed. Though you may have to accept that my methods are hardly traditional in any sense. And I cannot teach them the Path of Thought...ah, you may call it the lightside. It is quite foreign to me. Besides. Emotions are more easy to harness, better utilized for battle when things are too wild to truly control. Naturally, this will be costly. Time and knowledge are extremely valuable to me. But perhaps the results will be worth it."

There, he was ready to move forwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom