Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Friday Night Fire Fight

6f79a004f9eb98cb9b5090d13fa22cd554cc93c1.png

//: Coruscant //: SIA Headquarters //:
//: Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn //:
//: N E W _ K I D //:

9e0366b8be08cdab1c03169f930cd6803e7e1b90.png
A hand brushed aside loose strands of brunette hair, pulling them from the small bandage over a gashed eyebrow. "Chit." A soft curse pressed through her lips as she sighed softly. Wounds were healing slowly, far slower than she had expected. Maybe I shouldn't have denied the healers. Allyson thought quietly to herself, but she felt strange using the Jedi Order's healers for wounds that she sustained during investigative work. In reality, she felt weird walking the halls of the Order's temples on Coruscant. She kept to herself by locking and hiding away in her office within the Intelligence building.

The office was slightly disheveled. Take out boxes filled the trash bin while the makeshift bed on the office's couch showed that she had slept there more than in her own apartment. Beyond the numerous files on her desk, the office was mostly well kept but severely lived in. The Corellian stood over her desk as she flicked through the datapad in her hand, there had been rumors of One Sith secrets formulating on the lower levels of Coruscant, but the depth was unknown. She had recently gone to the lower levels, beyond 1313, to question and try and find anything.

While not finding any Sith artifacts or any remnants of the One Sith, she found a human trafficking ring with a particular taste in force users. Putting the data tablet down, she hadn't been able to crack her way too far into the ring. She was discovered quickly by someone who had recognized her from another mission, which meant that she needed to rethink her approach. Lucky for her, she was able to put away the individual that had recognized her with an assault charge. Though, creeps like him were used to the system. They knew who to talk to get out of whatever they were in for.

As much as she wanted to believe in the Alliance, the judicial system was still as crooked as ever. She picked up her comm device and scrolled through her contacts. Her mind initially went to a certain Kiffar detective, the woman was good at what she did, and Allyson had a soft spot for her. Probably too big of a soft spot, but she would never admit it out loud. She bit her lower lip and decided not to bother her - especially after their last encounter; also, Allyson was over budget. "You'd think I'd get a discount after last time." The Corellian felt the gashed eyebrow raise in frustration as her fingers wrapped tightly around her device. After a groan, she opened her eyes and tried to calm down - she would never understand the reasoning behind the frustration that woman ignited in her.

Allyson once more thumbed through the contacts as she paused on a Jedi that she knew would have extensive knowledge about the underground of Coruscant. She hadn't talked to him since the big Jedi meeting, and even then, she hadn't talked to him since she walked away from him on Borosk. The hand that held her device fell as her attention moved to the only picture frame on her desk. Four smiling faces from a time when they all still hand their innocence, she was lucky Loske could get Allyson another copy after the original was ruined. Staring a bit too hard, she sighed and put the frame face down; she couldn't go to him and ask him for help - not yet. Allyson didn't even know if he wanted to talk to her anyway; more than likely, their public interaction was him being polite.

She wouldn't blame him. Allyson's attention was pulled as she looked at her device, which chimed with a message - apparently, the Director had set up a meeting with Ripley Kuhn? Pinching the bridge of her nose, Allyson didn't know if this was a blessing or a curse. Either way, when Ripley would arrive, she'd find Allyson leaning against her desk and hands in her pockets.

"Hey, so why's the Director sending you to me?" Allyson would start the moment Ripley entered the open office. Figure tense, as she knew she should be warmer, but with this type of job and what she's been through - trust was something earned and not easily given.

Everyone was sus.

SIA Headquarters
Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

As the door swung open, Ripley assessed the figure standing there. Her bandages made her look a little rough around the edges, and her body language seemed tense. Allyson Locke was a stranger, yet the familiarity of her demeanor was undeniable. The zeltron's hands went up in a finger gun gesture as an awkward grin flashed across her mouth.

"Was told you may have a use for me? Uh, I used to slice, and worked on the lower levels, so they said you might want my help for something?" The sentence trailed off as her hands fell back to her sides.

Her gaze floated away from the Corellian as the strained silence took hold. The sight of the makeshift bed and the general unkemptness of the office brought a slight frown to Ripley's face. It wasn't hard to tell Allyson had been pouring herself into work, but whether it was due to the intensity of a project or something deeper, the knight couldn't be sure. Her cobalt irises returned to the woman, considering for a moment offering up her ear, but she was pretty sure it wasn't wanted.

"So yeah, I can do whatever, or if this isn't a good time I can come back. But honestly, you kind of look like you need a drink, or at least a night off." The zeltron stated bluntly.

6f79a004f9eb98cb9b5090d13fa22cd554cc93c1.png

//: Coruscant //: SIA Headquarters //:
//: Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn //:
//: N E W _ K I D //:

9e0366b8be08cdab1c03169f930cd6803e7e1b90.png
Arms adjusted, folding in front of her chest, guarded. The Corellian wasn’t the type to accept help suggested by others. She preferred to seek out her own associates, but it seemed the higher-ups wanted to have their say in the matter. A slicer, one with underworld experience, was invaluable and precisely the person Allyson needed on the mission. Sighing softly, Allyson inhaled deeply, and then it was then everything suddenly made sense.

Instantly, the Corellian’s eyes started to water and grow slightly red. Her throat tightened, and she coughed to clear it. The woman in her doorway and office was a Zeltron. Allyson pushed herself from her desk and looked around her office, following the gaze that Ripley had done. The office was a bit lived in, but nothing too serious. Moving to her file cabinet, Allyson waved Ripley closer. “Definitely need a drink, but first I need antihistamines before this,” Allyson gestured to her face, “gets any worse.” The woman grabbed one of the shots and injected herself quickly. The effects of the medicine promptly did their job, and Allyson relaxed a bit.

“Ripley, right? Sorry about that, Uh it would have been nice to have given me a heads up that you’re Zeltron. Terrible allergies, my poor Padawan likes to crack jokes.” Allyson looked back at the woman and nodded. “A drink would be nice and a night off.”

Pausing, Allyson grabbed a datapad and handed it over to Ripley, “First though, we can get down to business. If the Director sent you, it means she trusts you enough.” Allyson spoke quickly as she waited for the slicer to get herself adjusted. “First off, do you know any mechu deru? It would be helpful in this case for sure - and tell me if you know anything about the gangs in the underworld of Coruscant. There are rumors of an old One Sith compound or temple buried on the lowest level.”

Ripley’s tablet would change pages with a flick of her wrist and show some holocrons that were labeled Sith artifacts. The notes were obviously personal notes from Allyson, “It’s a quiet operation from the SIA to the Jedi Shadows. We’re to recover the artifacts and cleanse the compound.” Allyson shrugged and sighed softly, “First though, I’d like to clean up a trafficking ring that I ran into down there. As you can see, I didn’t have a good last outing.”

Another shrug, “So how about that drink? I think I’ll take you up on it. While you think about if you wanna do this mission with me or not.”

A sheepish expression flickered across the zeltron's face as she watched the needle enter the woman's arm. Wasn't every day she encountered someone who was allergic to her. A nervous chuckle left her lips as her hand went to the back of her head.

"Yeah, uh, sorry about that. Kinda forget the pheromones are a thing sometimes."

The knight took the datapad when offered, studying the various items and the scribbles along-side them. A slight frown appeared at the question of her abilities.

"I know... very little about mechu-deru. Got ahold of some information on it my padawan days, but when I try to put it into practice, well... my master made sure that wasn't happening." She stated with a roll of her eyes. "As for gangs, I had some run in a few years back. The crew that was heavy on our level dealt in spice though, not Sith relics."

She sighed at the sight of the last artifact, before handing the datapad back over.

"I could reach out to some old buddies, see if they've heard anything. They were still down there, last time I talked to them. A trafficking ring, though? Huh, that's strange. Wonder if it's the..." Her words trailed off as she became lost in thought for a moment, before the corellian's question pulled her back.

Ripley turned and opened the door, gesturing.

"After you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom