Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freedom within Borders

Planet: Veradune

-- Well, this was the home of the people who had saved his life during the battle of Corellia. They deserved his respect for that as he saw how those troopers were able to handle themselves. The Vitae had chosen to not join the Republic, and he only wanted to strengthen their bond.

-- The New Republic Military was just that, new. He had soldiers, citizens and weapons from three different nations. All had fallen to the Bloody 53's, his nation was invited by the Core Worlds to protect them and restore peace. They were doing that now, but he realized unlike those too prideful to admit it, they were loosing too much of that could not be replaced. Manpower.

-- He continued to sit in the waiting area where he was to meet the leader of this planet. Not only that, but also the CEO of a powerful Private Military Power that was hiding within his government borders. He was here for one simple need, help.

Vulpesen took a deep breath as he reached up to adjust his coat, ensuring that it was straight and presentable. He had never really been one to be overly flashy or ostentacious, and he certainly didn't consider himself to be a vain man. But he was about to meet the leader of the Republic, a faction known for spearheading the charge for freedom and other such virtues. More than that, he was about to meet his past. For twenty years he was a republic citizen. Within the jedi, he had served as one of their most steadfast soldiers. He had joined the Sith to eventualy turn their secrets over to the republic. So many horrors he'd faced... all for nothing. He'd lost faith in the republic as he watched it tear itself apart. And now, here he was, with its remnant sitting in his foyer.

[member="Tobias Dracks"], of course, hadn't been allowed to come on his own transport to Veradune, the trip having been undertaken through a cooperation of Vitae Forces and the Republic to have him secreted away to the hidden planet. WHile he was allowed any guards or advisors he might wish for, Veradune's secrecy remained one of the prime reasons that they had not entered the republic.

The door opened and Vulpesen appeared in the door way, his golden eyes falling on the senator while a polite smile curled up on his lips. "Chancellor Dracks, I hope your travel went well." Stepping forward, he flicked his ears monetarily as he heard a second set of footsteps belonging to his main diplomatic advisor. Lucas had seen the Chancellor before, through introductions were fairly lacking due to the events surrounding their meeting. Still, the way in which he strode over right at the Valde's right heel, might have indicated how much the young king truly relied upon him. "This is Lord Lucas Gracin, my cheif advisor of diplomatic affairds, and Excelsus of the Howlaw Court."

-- The secrecy was not something Tobias was new to, though his security detail was pretty animate about the threat of the unknown entities. He cared very little as it was, so long as the Chancellor was safe the Republic could continue without threats. The loss of a Vice Chancellor was irrelivent and he could be easily replaced. It was why he was chose the seat, easier to move around without being a threat to either party.

-- He looked at the king, the man going by the name of [member="Vulpesen"] and the aid beside him. Tobias himself was alone, wearing a robe that was tight fitted with a belt and no area to hold a weapon or threat. Though they would have scanned him for such things before hand. Tobias was here for a reason, threat was not one of them. Rumor so this mans power was strong, even his training as a Force Hunter would be of no use here if he was here to kill. Assistance was his only role here.

-- He bowed his head slightly, "I thank your for meeting with me today, I understand you did not need to meet with those that occupy the borders of your hidden world without consulting you or your council, I sincerely apologies for that breach in understanding."

-- The man recovered from his bow and looked to the man, "Vice Chancellor of the New Republic, Tobias Dracks, It is a pleasure to meet you both, I hope we could come to a progressive understanding of one another and help further both of our worlds."

Vulpesen's eyes ran over the reptilian features of the Chancellor. Behind him, his tail flicked in curiosity and his hands folded before him in a passive stance as he accepted the greeting, offering a small nod in response to the man's bow. "How could we refuse an audience with the leader of the very faction that housed me before I knew my true home? Particularly when you've come at such a time as that the Vitae and poeple of Veradune have begun to despise our secrecy."The council is afraid. And rightfully so. We were nearly wiped out by outsiders after we attempted to help others. Some of them are to say the least, scarred. Families were murdered, our homes were burned and sundered. In response, we disappeared. Some believe that may be whats best for us." As he spoke, the Valde lifted a hand focusing on the decanter and glasses back in his office. A moment later and the objects would float their way into his hands.

"But as you said, we're here to foster understanding and further our worlds in this crazy galaxy," he stated, moving to a side table where the glasses could be set down. Extending a hand towards the furniture, he offered the chancellor to take his pick from the comfortable arm chairs and couch. "And as afraid as some of my council might be, we zorrens have lived, and will always live to defend others from the dangers of the galaxy. We are its guard dogs, and we can't very well do our job if we're hiding in our kennels with our tails between our legs." Vulpesen wasn't one to mince words and deal with idle talk when it came to business. Leave secrets, flowery lies, and pleasant words for the field where they may become necessary. In here, it was business, and business called for him to be precise and to the point. For anything to come form these talks, chancellor Dracks needed to know where Veradune stood, and why he was there.

[member="Tobias Dracks"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom