Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Colonies--Genesis

Xal 3

It was a world. A world of hope. A world of wonder. A world of diversity. A world where a government would be born. Where from the ashes of death there would rise a new beginning, a new hope, and a new chance at freedom and equality. Before, attempts had been made, but ultimately one that resulted in the stepping on of the common person.

Some were driven to criminality, not out of despair but need. Need. Hungry children crying at night to be fed only by the means of piracy, and the needs of destruction. Despair. Despair drove them over the edge, into a hopeless, meaningless existence. Their only chance at success was not through the means granted to the wealthy and the privileged. In turn, they took from those who were better off and those of equal despair. The cycle of pain continued forever, only growing more, only growing stronger. When would someone do something about this?

James slammed his fist on the bar counter. He had tried so hard to help the common people. He had done his best but in the end all it was--all it ever brought was more pain. More destruction, more savagery and in the end, more criminality. Here, lost in his own drunken stupor he was at once awake and alive enough to understand at last, what was happening. What he was feeding and causing. No, no more. Today he would submit himself to something more. To be something more than he was, to be bigger than himself.

For no other reason than to help those around him, so those who were the age of his children would have a new hope. A new chance at becoming something more. And he knew just who would be willing to help him.....

OBJECTIVE:

Xal 3 has fallen on hard times. It is to the people, the good, the leaders to step up. Drawing in from the vast corners of the galaxy, that is you. And from this shall rise the Free Colonies.

A: Medical relief. The people have fallen scum to Red Cough. Ordinarily, this is easy to cure. But recent poverty and lack of cleanliness has made it fatal for the locals.

B: Hunger relief. Poverty has made the people of these colonies... hungry. Feed the children.

C: Eradicate scum. We all need Pew Pew. So go and fight bad guys. Let's just... consider focusing on the others ok?

D: Free the political prisoners. Some idealists of freedom have been taken and imprisoned. Rescue them. Negotiations favored.

POST COUNT OBJECTIVE: 30+
[member="Audren Sykes"]
[member="Jagen Wren"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Gray Raxis"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="Stardust"]
[member="Seanna Vel"]
[member="Kei Garnik"]

Jagen Wren

J
Objective: B
Equipment:
The first thing Jagen Wren did was smack James on the back of the head after he banged his fist on the counter "If you break that counter then we'll have to pay for it, and we won't have enough credits for this operation laddeh, think of the children." He said as he took a drink of Corellian scotch and muttered "They call this poodoo scotch..." then quickly emptied the drink onto the floor and put his glass back on the counter. Wren stood up and leaned over the bar, grabbing the bottle of scotch and flicking the cap off before taking a long drink.

When he had finished, he tucked the bottle into his trench coat and started for the doorway "Alright laddeh, if you need me, I'll be heading for my ship. Gotta meet up with that frigate bringing the food from the Expansion Region." He slurred with a slight hiccup as he left the bar, concentrating his subconscious self to sober him up with the Force, the last time he flew drunk was when he crashed his ship into that penal facility on Mytus VII while trying to escape.

[member="James Justice"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="Gray Raxis"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Kei Garnik"]
[member="Seanna Vel"]
[member="Stardust"]
[member="Audren Sykes"]

Objective-c-bang bang
Post-3/30?
Equipment
Modified xwing thunderstar, sith blade Nova, two sabers, dc-17c blaster, dc-17 commando pistol

Stardust sighed as James slammed his fist down, anger was OK but breaking stuff and yourself not so much"eh lay off him jagen if I wasn't so strong I'd slam my fist down to.."she said and sipped on what tasted like watered down ale...she'd need some good stuff when she got home"eh I feel you there...even the ale is watered down beyond itself "she said holding it up and examining it"

Good luck jagen"she said and grinned"and may the force be with you"she said and chuckled before setting the ale down...having enough of water basically"I'll wait for gray to arrive and move out...I got word on a drug trafficking ring somewhere around here

[member="Gray Raxis"]
[member="James Justice"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="Jagen Wren"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Kei Garnik"]
@audren sukes
[member="Seanna Vel"]

Objective: D, get them political prisoners
Equipment: Duster, charm, and blaster pistol in bio

Gray was hiding behind cover as shots were being fired at him by guards in front of the prison where a group of political prisoners were being held. They had just spoken out against the corruption of the government and calls for aid to the sick and hungry. Noble ideals that got them thrown into a cell without any trial or any hope for one. They just wanted to make this a better planet for everyone, but instead they just made things worse for themselves all because they got annoying for an official. They were to lead their people to a better future, but had lead themselves into trouble. How many other ways could he describe good people trying to do the right thing that were only met with absolutely horrible results?

Gray had come to 'negotiate' their release because it was unjustified and inhumane. He had expected some trouble, but not this kind of trouble. What else would have happened though when these people literally would let their own people starve, suffer, and die on the filthy disease ridden streets? All he had done was walk up to the front door with a smile and a wave before they saw his pistol and opened fire on him. How did they think a man armed with only a pistol in casual clothing pose a major threat to the more heavily armed group of guards? He certainly didn't know but had taken cover immediately. He was upset by it and got his pistol drawn from it's holster. He yelled as they continued firing on his location, " What is wrong with you people?! I showed no sign of threat and you opened fire on me! Where is your superior officer? I want to talk to them and hopefully we can handle this peacefully." He figured they would just keep firing on him though and not find someone with some sense.

[member="Stardust"]
[member="Jagen Wren"]
[member="James Justice"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="Kei Garnik"]
[member="Audren Sykes"]
[member="Seanna Vel"]

Cadie Reese

Let's get this party started.
Objective C
Equipment: lots of blasters, a few knives, black trench coat, big hat

Cadie stared at her empty whiskey tumbler, her hand tilting the glass from side to side just to see the light reflect on to the bar top. She was listening to the conversations around her. Most of them were the things you would expect in a cantina in the middle of nowhere. Flirting, people getting shot down, people boasting about things they probably haven't done, and the occasional belch.

She grew up spending time in dives like this one as her family traveled from place to place. She had learned a few things in that time and she knew which conversations were worth her time and which she could just ignore.

A man approached and before he could speak she pulled her pistol out, thumping the hilt on the bar. Her eyes never left the glass in her other hand, "order a drink, for yourself, or keep walking."

He went to speak again which resulted only in a second thump on the bar. "Can you hear me now?"

The man finally walked away which amused the bartender. The man laughed as he tapped her glass then poured another shot of whiskey. "On the house."

"I guess that's okay, but you aren't getting into my pants either."

He chuckled, "fair enough." He leaned forward as she put the blaster away and lifted the glass to drink. "If you are interested I know about a group of runners causing some trouble near here, sure would make lots of people sleep better if someone dealt with that."

Cadie smirked, "subtle." She downed the amber liquid then slammed the glass back to the bar. "Okay old man, give me the details, and save me some of that whiskey for when I get back."

[member="Stardust"] / [member="Jagen Wren"] / [member="James Justice"] / [member="Gray Raxis"] / [member="Lady Kay"] / [member="Jack Raxis"] / [member="Kei Garnik"] / [member="Audren Sykes"] / [member="Seanna Vel"]

Objective c

Stardust sighed...she had git word gray was going after another objective and was quite busy

She listened around and caught onto what the bartender was saying to another person...she smirked and trune Dover to look at [member="Cadie Reese"]"in case ya wanna know it's a drug trafficking ring...in fact I was about to go and deal with it....reeeallly could use some help....I'll oay for ammo and buy you a drink or two"she said and chuckled as she stood"up to you of course I'm heading out now.

Objective: D - Political Prisoners
Equipment: Spacer Outfit, holdout blaster pistol

Audren wasn't one much for diplomacy. It wasn't his strong suit at all, despite being a Jedi. However, every now and again he preferred to use the art to further ends, as opposed to violence. More to the point, he was doing so with the Free Colonies. He held no love for piracy, and said piracy was something the Colonies supported, both directly and indirectly. As a result he attempted to minimize the violence he involved himself with on their behalf; when violence was necessary, he attempted to keep things nonlethal.

The planet of Xal 3 hadn't declared a state of crisis yet, but a crisis there was. An otherwise minor illness was running rampant and had turned fatal, hunger was driving many to extreme acts just to survive, crime had taken a hefty foothold, and people were imprisoned simply for speaking out. Rooting out crime was the obvious answer for the Sephi, or helping to heal those who could be healed. He'd tried helping with food lines before, those were just boring. But no violence, and there were plenty of medics. Long-term it was freeing the protesters, those who wanted to make a difference, that would help this planet. So that's where he headed.

It was common sense that a government that arrested protesters wouldn't like newcomers to have guns. So the Sephi had left the majority of his weapons locked on his ship, bringing only a holdout pistol. Audren was a bit surprised to end up walking towards a gunfight, of all things. It appeared that the guards were all shooting at a lone man in a duster, one carrying a blaster. Foolish. The Sephi, keeping out of the line of fire, darted up close to the other man, one he halfway recognized from the Colonies. Close enough to talk to with only a slightly-raised voice.

"You really tried walking up to them with a blaster?!"

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective: D

Kay wasn't all too comfortable with this situation that she was going into. After having to leave the Senate, she wasn't quite sure what kind of reception that she'd get. Would she be seen as a disgrace? Or a victim of bad circumstance? Or was she just one of the losses in a new Government? Either way, her confidence level wasn't very high. [member="James Justice"] knew that, saw it, and instead of allowing his adopted sister to become a recluse, he threw her head first into political negotiations to free political prisoners. He teamed her up with [member="Seanna Vel"] so that she wouldn't be acting alone. That was probably a good thing. Kay had also asked her part time bodyguard [member="Dominik Borra"] to go with them.

After landing on Xal 3, they were notified of [member="Gray Raxis"] and [member="Audren Sykes"] were already en route to free the prisoners. Hmm. This could either go very well or go very badly.

Kay looked to Seanna and Dominik, placing her satchel over her shoulder. It wasn't her old satchel as she still had yet to get it back from the bounty hunters, but it was good enough for now and carried almost as much stuff as her old one did. "Time to see if we can meet with the Government officials. There are plenty of things that we can supply for them. If they say no, then we'll know that the Government does not hold the well being of their people as a top priority. If they say yes, then there is hope for them yet and we won't have to worry about helping a rebellion to get off the ground. What do you think?"

Cadie Reese

Let's get this party started.
Objective C

Cadie raised an eyebrow at the Twilek woman who approached her. She rolled the data chit over in her hand and quickly deposited it in her left breast pocket. A quick wink gave the bartender the confirmation he was looking for and he sauntered off to attend to other patrons.

"Drug trafficking huh? I love shooting drug traffickers so sure I'm in. I'm Reese by the way, and other than nosey you are?"

[member="Stardust"]

Stardust chuckled at the response of the lady as she gave a slight smile

Well I'm not usually as nosey kinda odd...anyhow my name is stardust"she said and got up heading for the door "she we got clean up duty" she said as she exited the cantina and pulled her map up tonhead where the ring usually was set up

Alright Reese so the info I got on them if that they are importing and exporting tins of drugs....most being spice angel dust and narcotics "she said as she kept at a slow pace

[member="Cadie Reese"]

Filius Stellarum

F
Objective: C
Equipment: X-2 Shadowblade with its scope, X-1 Scorpion, standard blast armor, one smoke, one frag, and two flashbang grenades, the Avenging Angel

Filius had been in the back of the bar when [member="James Justice"] had been having his conversation. He was drinking a tihaar, a strong Mandalorian ale he had a fancy for, but was going to be finished soon. With one last gulp he drained the glass and stood, leaving his payment on the table. He adjusted his various pieces of equipment and walked to the exit of the bar. He was going hunting.

He had just reached the door when his fine-tuned ears picked up the words "drug trafficking". He looked around, and his cybernetic gaze fell on a green Twi'lek chatting with a heavily armed woman. He was sure that she had spoken. He would have liked to enjoy the tracking and hunting himself, but there was no shame in asking for the location of your target before you went in.

His hood pulled low, he walked up to the two women.

"I hope I am not interrupting," he said, "But I couldn't help but hear something about a drug trafficking ring. If you are going after the gangs on this world, count me in."

[member="Stardust"] [member="Cadie Reese"]

Arsenal: Rifle (1) Dual Blasters(2) Heavy blaster (from Mirrorverse)(1)

Dominik listened to Kay, his armor and helmet on. When she asked what he thought, he nodded. "I'm going to say, we don't want a conflict. That's expensive and bloody. Let's just hope that [member="Gray Raxis"] and [member="Audren Sykes"] don't alert them too much and have them fire on us." He chuckled. "But, I'm sure we will be fine." he looked down at her satchel. It wasn't quite the same as the one that she served tea out of the second time they met. He reminded himself that He needed to get that back from those bounty hunters.

He turned to [member="Seanna Vel"] . He hadn't quite met her before, and he didn't know what she was about. "Are you up for it?"

Gear: Briefcase, brass knuckles, and few hidden surprise

Listening to this [member="Lady Kay"] it wasn't hard to figure out why she had been paired with Kay after all they where about to go in to do some talking. As she was going through her own cheek list, doing this before each of her meeting along doing some research on each of the official. Finding herself flashing back to one of her meeting. If she would have known what she knows now.

Then came her body guard will with the way he was dress wondering now if she was a bit under dressed a bit. "Oh I"m up for it, but seem like I"m a little under dressed." giving [member="Dominik Borra"] the looked down. Wondering if this was going to be a bad thing with bring one armor to the teeth. Eye darting back to the Lovely Kay, "Miss Kay Im up for it, and ready." as she wonder if she was thinking that she was going to judge her for her past which far from it but that was for a different time and place, right now they was there to do some talking. Even then she couldn't help but bring one of her whiskey sample cases with her on these talks.

After which time her mind wonder to the other two that seem to have went before then in a blazing she just hope they knew that this wasn't to be a bang bang shoot it up knowing one of them how they first met with them drinking and playing with knifes. [member="Gray Raxis"] . The other member of there this merry little team she knew little about [member="Audren Sykes"] .

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner

Kay nodded and smiled a little at the pair. A few beeps and whistles drew her attention however as her K1 series droid rolled up to her. "No, Mrs. Nesbitt, you have to stay. I need you to look after the ship and be ready to take off at a moment's notice. I know that you'll be worried, but we'll be okay. And if we're not back in 72 standard hours, then send word to James. He'll know what to do. He certainly has the temper for it..."

She gave Mrs. Nesbitt a hug and and then cleared her throat a bit, looking to both @Domink Borra and [member="Seanna Vel"] , half wondering if they found anyone hugging a retrofitted astromech droid to be strange. "Shall we?"

Kay headed down the ramp, clutching the strap of her satchel as she walked. It was a little comforting to have a satchel again. Before they could get near enough to the Government building to approach the steps, a large unit of soldiers intercepted the trio with their blaster rifles raised. One of them spoke up, his voice altered by his helmet. "State your names and your business."

"My name is Kay. This is Miss Vel and our guard. We have come to speak with your officials and to offer our help and support." The trio were studied for a long time, or what seemed like a long time. If they had come to support the Government, then they weren't a part of the unrest or the outspoken. The line of soldiers parted enough to let them walk through. "Go ahead. One false action will cost you your life. Consider this your only warning."

Kay bowed her head and then proceeded to the building.

James reached across the bar and gave the back of Jagen's head a force-slap. Nothing enough to damage his brain any worse than it already was, just... enough to be payback. He followed his friend out and began checking on his datapad how his ships were coming along. He had only come in his own Angel with a sparse number of supplies, instead, he was bringing in a fleet of freighters full of food. And they were in-bound now. Perfect.

The spacer strode to the space port next door, watching as the huge ships descended onto the sand ground of the planet. Workers, guards, droids, and cooks. The spacer had brought an army to do what he needed. Children were hungry. He didn't feth around with that.

Tons of food began to file out into several of the rented warehouses where the food would be distributed, for free, in makeshift soup kitchens. James looked on, satisfied. A lot of hungry mouths would be fed today. And he was ok with that.

[member="Jagen Wren"]

Arsenal: Rifle (1) Dual Blasters(2) Heavy blaster (from Mirrorverse)(1) Alchemized Machete(1)

Dominik didn't say anything at all as the exited the ship, and met the guards. Like second nature, he quickly counted the numbers, their quality of armor, and their weapons. And then they put out the threat of their lives... As they pass through them, he scoffs a little bit at their threat. He could take them. But.. he did have two VIP's to look after.. and obviously more guards inside. 'Remember Dom, remember. Negotiations. Not sabotage or murder.' He thought to himself, preparing for what will possibly be a long day.

Objective: D moving to A

Gray had enough with these poorly trained idiots taking shots at someone just for the fun of it or even worse out of anxiety. He didn't know which option it was but he switched his blaster to stun mode. As he did he turned to face the guy who had spoken to him earlier. He said as he began to take shots and stun guards, " Everyone carries blasters in the outer rim. There is nothing unusual about that. My hand was as far away from my gun as it could be when they began to take shots at me. I was even being friendly and non-threatening when they began to open fire without warning. Not dealing with that for what should be a peaceful mission. Untrained guards are the most dangerous thing in the galaxy. Anyways, I'm going to switch to helping the sick since we have an actual diplomat on the way here. I will leave this in her expert hands." He finished knocking out the last of the guards and holstered his blaster pistol. He stood up and straightened his duster. He turned to the man and said, " Care to join me? Plenty of sick folk to help out."

Gray waited for his reply and then went off to the local medical area to see what he could do for people. He was no medic but he could easily do grunt work for the medical personnel there. The people were in dire need of medical treatment and he was going to see to it they got that treatment. He activated his com system and directed what he had to say to Lady Kay, " This is Gray Raxis Lady Kay. I left some guards stunned back at the prison because they suddenly opened fire on me. Watch out while you are there. They are poorly trained, so it is hard to know what they will do. Good luck to your mission and may the force be with you....." He wasn't sure why he added that last part to the message. It just felt weird saying it to someone. Maybe it was something you just got use to saying? Anyways, off to helping the medics and the sick he went.

[member="Dominik Borra"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Seanna Vel"] [member="Audren Sykes"]

"Everyone carries blasters in the Outer Rim. There is nothing unusual about that. My hand was as far away from my gun as it could be when they began to take shots at me. I was even being friendly and non-threatening when they began to open fire without warning. Not dealing with that for what should be a peaceful mission. Untrained guards are the most dangerous thing in the galaxy. Anyways, I'm going to switch to helping the sick since we have an actual diplomat on the way here. I will leave this in her expert hands. Care to join me? Plenty of sick folk to help out."

That was said while the man shot back at the guards. Individual shots rather than fully-automatic or bursts like what the guards were using, which meant he was far more accurate. One other interesting thing of note was that the man's blaster was set to stun; unusual in the Rim. The Knight refrained from pointing out that the only people on this particular planet carrying guns were the guards or military - or random strangers, of course. He'd yet to see a civilian openly carrying. Rather, he shook his head in response to the question about shifting to medicine.

"No, thanks. Their issues are caused by more than viruses, the place needs a good cleaning before the medicines will be effective. I'm of more use here."

They had a diplomat on the way? Nobody told him nuthin'. Heck, he didn't even know the Colonies had a diplomat on the payroll, or whatever it was the contributors were on. Well, in the meantime there were bodies lying where they'd fallen and blasters scattered around. And of course, the gates were open. He couldn't simply leave and hope for the best, that would be irresponsible. Instead he stood and headed inside. The first matter was straightening out the guards, he could only imagine how embarrassing it would be to wake up draped across a coworker after both had been shot. The next step was picking up the blasters and setting them neatly on a nearby table, probably used for inspecting visitors to the prison.

In actuality, the Sephi was rather surprised that more guards hadn't arrived yet. Maybe this was as many as the prison held...which would be pathetic. Might as well head inside and take a look at the roster.

[member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Seanna Vel"] | [member="Dominik Borra"]

Objective D

Couldn't help but look will okay stare at what took place but for one yea hard to believe she would keep her trap shut. Even so even so she couldn't help but give a slight smile upon her lips with a wondering look at just who this Lady Kay really was even with the rumor that has been floating around. One like her couldn't help but wonder that she must had her reason or was there really that much evil with in the Republic itself after all there was evil everywhere one went now days.

"Lend the way, Miss Kay", after which time she couldn't help but see that their group was very it seem strange to have the group they did it just felt like a odd little group. Even so she couldn't help but try to put on her business mannerism for this part of the talk. Even so what would one thing bring in one such heavy armed with his armor on.

[member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Dominik Borra"] [member="Lady Kay"]

In the back of his mind James had the strange feeling [member="Gray Raxis"] was being shot at once again for doing nothing by some morons who had no idea who they were dealing with. He also had the strange feeling that the Wolf was firing stun rounds once more. He shrugged; at least they were not being shot at him.

He watched as dozens of hungry families began to line up. Massive vats of soup were being kept warm over butane burners, crates of deli meats were being cracked into and whole loaves of bread were being ripped open for the families to sop the juices up; just to name a few of the things that were being prepared. In addition, food sacks were prepared, one for each family, with enough to feed four people for a week. Hopefully they would have enough to give two away to each family, if they were going to make it work.

He watched as the soup kitchen began to have the line of hungry bellies filled. Slowly, ever so slowly, they filed in, grabbing disposable plates and silverware to receive their food. Shame. Shame showed on most faces, as well as gratitude. These people were not used to hand outs but they were starving with little choice else.

It looked like the hardest thing that would have to be swallowed today would be pride, James thought sadly.

[member="Jagen Wren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom