Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Frail Refuge: Serenity Midst the Tempest

4P0XryA.png

All about the Starwynter Castle there was hustle, and a fair amount of bustle. As per the course of the years that passed, it was the Starwynter Castle's turn to host the annual Leonis Jubilee. Given the nature of the planet during the difficult time of hosting refugees from the Tion Hegemony, the Jubilee had a lot of extra significance. It was the first of many that the nobles of the hegemony would be a part of, and it could a long way to paving over relations with those families that were struggling to find their place on the ancient world.

That night, representatives from all of Cor Leonis' families would be present, but there was much controversy relating to the lessened numbers that each family could send. The fact though was that the Castle could only accommodate so many and the Tionites needed their space. Tensions could be high, or the liquor could ease the rippling emotions to give way to a night of frivolity and dancing. The staff of the Starwynter Castle hoped it would be the later. Even a raucous party would be better to clean up after than a brawl.

--------------------​

Soline seemed to note the expression on Aayla's face. Confusion was her reaction, what could cause her to react in such a way. Soline stood, graceful steps carrying her over to the Jedi padawan, her eyes soft with compassion for the woman who looked so troubled. "Aayla...forgive me...but...you appear hurt by my appearance," she said quietly, hand reaching for the Jedi's shoulder.

Taking her veil, she brought it back over her face. "I will not have anything spoil the time we can spend together," she said calmly, "there is too much to learn from you in regards the galaxy beyond Cor Leonis skies..."

She felt it was likely a fools errand to appease the wound she felt had been done to Aayla.

--------------------​

Vorinth Taliskar sneered at his son. The young man was such a disappointment. Having married someone of low status, and refusing to keep the marriage secret, the Taliskar name was set to be smeared with the genetics of an inferior breed of people. "You can have as many concubines as you wish. Your wife was to be of noble birth," he said quietly, disdain dripping from his tongue.

"I love her," came the reply from his defiant child.

"She's a wench," his father said dismissively.

"She is my wife!" Said the son, standing taller and staring his father down.

"Fine. Your wife is a wench," he replied, back turned and walking away from the boy. Vorinth pulled back the curtain that led out of the back room of his large, immaculately laid out tent. The guard leaned over towards his lord's whispering lips. "See that the new lady Taliskar disappears over night while we are the Jubilee," whispered Vorinth.

"As you wish, my Lord," came the dutiful reply before the guard added, "news a Jedi headed to speak with you has come into the camp, my Lord. A Jedi Master."

Vorinth looked surprised, and as he turned back towards his son, the look of surprise turned to concern.

"What has you so concerned father?" His son asked, concerned by the look on his ailing father's face.

"A Jedi comes here. To speak with me," he said, without making eye contact, the guilt over his recent command actually plaguing him a little.

"A Jedi?" Replied his tall, dark haired and strongly built son, "that is very unlike the people of Cor Leonis to welcome outsiders...but then...they did welcome us."

"You call this welcome?" Said the elder Talisker, bent with age and the weariness of leadership over a people destitute of home, hearth and in some cases family, "our people dig holes in tents in order for their children to defecate. We eat the rodents we catch in the streets...and the people of Cor Leonis sit in their great castles and estates while saying we are....welcome."

"Perhaps the Jubilee will bring fresh hope of an arrangement that will benefit us all," his son said, hope sounding like a poor companion to the reality of their situation.

"You have always been a dreamer, my dear Garveth," he said, with a hand on his son's shoulder, "but dreams will not get us what we need for our legacy to stay true. Action...sometimes unpleasant action...is needed."

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla couldn't help but look hurt. A sharp gasp audible from her form as the other revealed their face. It had to be a trick... The Force was playing some sick game on her. She had responded to this request out of anger. Some stupid flyer on a wall, unironically picked up by the padawan, and thrust onto Valery with disdain. As Soline approached, Aayla back-pedaled, almost as if afraid; back touching the wall with a light thud once there was no more room to retreat to. Her gray hues locked on the others eyes in wonder, and shock. Soline spoke, but Aayla was still recoiling from what was before her. It was Ala. And this wasn't some case of mistaken identity. Visions of the other laying in a hospital bed rudely flooded her again, bringing emotions she had no interest in feeling at the moment.

Soline moved to cover her face, and Aayla own hand went up to grasp at the others wrist firmly. It was but a moment in time, stopping the other from veiling herself again as she looked into what could only be Ala Quin Ala Quin 's eyes to her. She wanted to be upset in that moment. She wanted to interrogate the other, and ask what sort of trick was being played... Though, as the shock subsided, training took over. There was an explanation for this. Aayla would uncover it. Firstly though, she had to report this to Master Valery Noble Valery Noble . She had to verify the information so she could verify it was true, and she wasn't hallucinating. Her eyes trailed to her own hand, suddenly loosening, and releasing her grip on the other.

"I apologize... Yes, you... You are the splitting image of a good friend."

Aayla admitted, head drooping in what could be perceived as shame, and sadness. All the things she had tried to sweep under the rug after leaving Jakku were stirred up again; and she couldn't help but feel alone for a moment.

"Of course, I am at your disposal... Lady Starwynter. Ask what you will..."

2FS8YbB.png

Valery was lost in thought as she walked towards the home of the Taliskar family. She had been involved in investigations many times before but it wasn't often that she'd find herself so unwelcomed by many - it made it far more complex. She also wondered how Aayla was doing, who she had left to handle the young girl. While Aayla wasn't necessarily her Padawan, she still felt a sense of responsibility and hoped she was doing okay. But Aayla was also the only person she could really trust here - she'd report back when there was something important to discuss. So until then, the Taliskar family had her focus.

As she finally reached the home of the Taliskar family, Valery snapped out of her little trance and greeted the guards outside. She expected that her movements wouldn't have gone unnoticed - many eyes were turned her way here. But being expected so shortly after leaving the Starwynter home was quite interesting as well. But while it likely showed the lack of trust and appreciation for her presence, she didn't care too much for it. They weren't going to send her away after all, as it would likely only draw more unwanted attention to them, whether they played a part in the threats against Soline or not.

Stepping into the halls of the Taliskar family, she looked around and allowed the Force to flow freely between her and those inside. She felt the tension between son and father, which was only partially stemmed by her arrival. But there was more than just that lingering in these halls. While it was easy for her to feel the way they felt about her presence, she couldn't quite figure out what else was going on here yet.

Despite everything, Valery would greet all those inside with a smile. She'd always make sure to mask what she truly knew and understood behind a kind exterior.

"Lord Taliskar, I'm grateful that you allowed me into your home." Valery said before bowing her head in respect. After rising again, she would briefly glance over to his son before her gaze settled on Vorinth Taliskar again.

"I'm Jedi Master Valery Noble. As I'm sure you've heard, I came here with another Jedi to assist with the ongoing situation as a more neutral party." she said, her tone calm and her voice clear as it quietly echoed through the hall. "If you allow it, I'd like to take a moment of your time to hear your perspective and perhaps discuss a few things."

Soline showed no small signs of shock when Aayla grabbed her wrist. Eyes widened in surprise. She was the daughter of nobility and not accustomed to being man-handled in such a manner. In the moment, a clear sign of training kicked in, whereby Soline reversed the grip Aayla had on her wrist, and with quick graceful steps she found herself holding Aayla’s arm behind the Jedi’s back, and Soline herself pressed against her back.

”I am so sorry,” she said, releasing the grasp and stepping away, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment, “my father has insisted that I receive training in various forms of self-defence...the situation is very...taut...at the moment...and I have not been touched by someone...for some time...”

How was it possible that she looked like someone that Aayla knew? She had never left Cor Leonis! Her face screwed up into a little scrunched up ball of confusion, wrinkles where there ought never to be on such a youthful face. “Your...good friend...do you mean your lover?” Soline asked curiously, as much to know about Aayla as about her friend.

The frown became an expression of legitimate care and concern as Aayla’s shoulders slumped into what seemed like a heavy burden of discouragement had been laid upon her. With the barrier of contact being broken, Soline took both of Aayla’s hands and lead her to large cushions by the window and directed the Jedi to sit. “Please Aayla...I wish to know about you and your journey as a Jedi. How did it start? Where do you come from? Your hair is a beautiful colour...not seen about Cor Leonis at all...”

——————-

“Jedi are not welcome on Cor Leonis,” said the Tionesse nobleman, as he directed his son to depart their presence, “but I guess I have nothing else to do than welcome you to my tent...not much of a home.”

The younger Taliskar looked a little in awe of Valery as he walked passed her, Garveth offering a small box of his head in respect. The Taliskar’s had met Jedi over the years, Tion being part of the Silver Jedi space for a while, but they were the rarest of sights on Cor Leonis. The fact that they had welcomed refugees had been a thing of marvel already. The fact that Jedi had shown up would only lend credence to the complaints of those that said accepting refugees would open the door to more outsiders.

”So...Duke Starwynter has pointed his decrepit lying old finger in the direction of my house has he?” Said Vorinth as he straightened his aging back, “perhaps your time were better spent investigating that man’s secrets instead of walking about the mud with us lowly homeless Tionesse folk.”

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla could've put up more of a concerted fight, but was double surprised by the others visage, and quick reaction. As such, she was momentarily gripped up by Soline. The body pressed up against her only eliciting a smirk from the Jedi. As Soline relented, Aayla would place both hands up, fingertips lightly pressing against the wall briefly before turning around. From there, locking eyes on the other. She owed the apology, so she was equally relieved she didn't have to break the awkwardness, and stunned that Soline felt she was the one that should've apologized. Aayla straightened, regaining her stoic Jedi visage.

A curt bow offered. "You owe me no apology... I was just shocked, I shouldn't have touched you like that. I've been trained better."

Aayla admitted, ready to answer any questions the other had as if it would've helped smooth over the trespass.

LOVER!?

Aayla's own face was now contorted in confusion, shaking rapidly side to side."Absolutely no-.. I m... No.. We're just frie-.. I mean I like Ala, but... It isn't like that, I don't think..."

Her mind then traced back to the lantern festival, remembering holding hands with Ala, and the feeling of warmth it brought. Was it like that? No way... Ala was her superior first, and Aayla was half the Jedi that woman could ever be. She was completely in control of her emotions, and was actually well respected; whereas Aayla fought just to be recognized within the order. They didn't compare... Aayla was way of Ala's lea-...

'What the hell am I even thinking about..." Aayla thought, shaking her head once.

"She's my really good friend... That's it."

Aayla said, completely taken off guard by a question she probably should've been asking herself well before it was posed. As such, when Soline took her hands, Aayla had no choice but to follow almost like a puppet on a strong, still reeling from her embarrassment.

"How... Well.. As a kid, I was on the run a lot; due to the Omega Wars, I'm not sure if you know about that... Anyway, I went in and out of slavery a lot; a lot of running, a lot of hiding... One day, I was getting wailed on for not keeping pace with the other... Well, slaves. And something in me.... I dunno' just snapped. I learned that I could manipulate the Force from a very early age; I almost killed people. There was a Jedi there, and when he observed what I did, he bought me on the spot... He took me to Silver Rest, a Jedi Temple on Kashyyyk, and I guess the rest is history."

The statement was then made about her hair, and Aayla smirked at that. Rolling her jeweled, and beaded padawan braid between her thumb and forefinger; an action that could've inadvertently been seen as flirtatious.

"If you're about to ask what I am, I can't tell you. I took a DNA sequence test, and the closest they can tell is Arkanian... Though it doesn't match, there are several inconsistencies; I thought Sephi as well, but I don't match those genomes either... So, I dunno'. If my parents were alive, or... I dunno' didn't abandon me, maybe I would know more."

Aayla sighed then, clearly as an orphan she wasn't too keen to talk about lineage. Considering she had no answers for it. The young woman however, may have been the first, or last of her kind; it was yet to be seen. Her people were out there, but she just hadn't met another Astrian. Therefore, she had no idea why she looked, or acted the way she did; or why she felt the need to just leave it all at times.

One day however, that would change

Ala Quin Ala Quin Valery Noble Valery Noble
2FS8YbB.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom