Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fragmenting the Time

Time was fickle, time was cruel, but still she persisted. For years she had wandered the galaxy in search of the next job and meal, her home her chariot across a galaxy unyielding. It was when she arrived in Confederate space, on the doorstep of the dominion of Darth Metus, that she came face to face with the choice that would profoundly change her career; and her life.

That was a different twist of tale in itself.

Pulling herself away from the control console of the Vekarr's Pride, heaving a sigh in the absence of both June and Skiss, the young brunette turned her attention from her thoughts to more important matters. Namely the repairs, upkeep and improvements of both the ship and her weapons. As she picked up the box of tools sitting by the pilot's chair, and the rifle standing near the entrance to the cargo bay, the expression on her face told her desires.

In spite of this, with her hands working away at the barrel of her rifle, her thoughts wandered to the blonde she knew was likely to once again steal her time with her unending stream of questions. While her mind described it openly in such a manner, there was little to deny that there were other ways she would describe the blonde outside of the inquisitive manner she often knew her for.

Tilting her head towards the rifle, closing her eyes and heaving out a breath through her nostrils, the half epicanthix once again tore herself away from her thoughts and threw herself into the work at hand.

There was no sense lingering on thoughts that would only drown her in unsavory and inactive manner.

She knew she was there, the ship docked. It wasn't the Force that had her know but hey, if anyone asked, sure, we could go with that. Katrine was, after all, the daughter of the former Viceroy. While some years had passed since it didn't take all that much convincing to get some information like when Vekarr's Pride landed on their planet when she couldn't make use of the Force in finding it out. Katria was the only person in the galaxy that Katrine cared about, that could hide herself off from her in the Force. The blonde wasn't super thrilled about it, to be honest, because she couldn't tell when she was in trouble, no like she could know about others. So, she sought other ways.

And Vekarr's Pride had come to Ryloth. Katrine made her way over into the city and to the hangar. Not from where she saw it was Mother's hangar, where the Crimson Shadow rested once again. Those were thoughts for another day, the blonde decided as she walked over to the other ship she was familiar with. It had been a bit since she'd seen Katria, since Zhar. It was also the first time she met Damien but all before her life had taken an odd turn altogether. Seemed silly now, piercing together time on Figaro Favoura and her trip to the Fortressa last week. For the honest person she saw, Kat had ended up sharing far more than she had agreed.

Reaching to her communicator as she moved, she hailed the Vekarr's Pride. "Hey, Vekarr's Pride, this is Katrine Van-Derveld, could you open up for me?" She spoke into the device, giggling at her silliness as she waited just outside.

[member="Katria Vekarr"]

It had never been a question of actively hiding herself from a great many she worked with. Never, had it been an intention to unsettle them either. While it had, perhaps, been an option or angle once upon a time, she hadn't counted on meeting Katrine Van-Derveld; the killer blonde with eyes that, Force or not, felt like they could pierce into ones soul with merely a glance. So, as it stood, actively hiding from the others in her company, and without, came as a welcome side effect of holding tight to the keepsake that dangled around her neck.

As the message came over the communicator, causing the young brunette to jerk ever so slightly without pulling her hands free from her work, she tilted her head and took a due breath. Lifting a hand away finally, having finished the designated hands task, she tapped the receiver on the headset near her and pursed her lips. There was no need to pick it up, but she was quick to respond.

"I'd say that depends on which Vekarr's pride you're talking about," she mused, smirking to herself momentarily, before speaking once again before Katrine was allowed a chance to step in with one of her infamous inquisitive moments. "I'll open the hatch, help yourself to whatever's in the passenger cabin, but I'm in the middle of something; unless you're feeling like incentivizing me to take a break."

She finished her comment, a small smirk lingering on her face as she continued to work, and for a moment she remembered all the banter she'd exchanged with Katrine the last times she'd seen her. With a tilt of her neck and a welcome pop, she ceased her work on the rifle sitting before her and rose to her feet to go and surprise her friend. It was as she came to stand by the doorway to the docking ramp that she moved just out of sight and hid the hand full of bantha strips she'd brought with her to her mid day session. None of her fellow crew mates would be back any time soon and she was feeling adventurous.

What was life without a risk or two?

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

...which Vekarr's Pride she was talking about? Katrine's mouth literally parted to reply to that but before she could, Katria was answering and telling her she'd open the hatch and she could help herself to anything in the passenger cabin but Katria was in the middle of something. "I already ate and you should take a break," she shot right back before the hatch became accessible, climbing up onto the ship.

"You should definitely take a break," the blonde added as her sapphire gaze moved through space. It had been a busy couple of months in which Katria had missed a lot. Katrine had made a family member out of a former Kat, she'd died, she'd met a Lupine, gone home, Pebble had grown from the young girl with a lot of questions into the girl who contaminated the water... which was still pretty funny, Orcus had happened, as did all the singing and the time with her Lupine. And now, here she was, finally see Katria after what felt like months and months. TOo much had happened in the span of just a couple of months.

The Witch took a step and then another inside, still looking about, thinking she hadn't still convinced Katria and would have to go find her and do it still. It was still odd to her that she couldn't feel Katria the way she felt everyone else. Most people had some sort of signature echoing through the Force but the other woman left no trace, in fact, the only way Katrine had been able to find her before was the lack of a presence. If Force flowed through all things than for reasons unclear to her still, it seemed to sidestep around Katria. She reached her sense forward because of it, to the front of the ship, looking for that distinguishing sigh of Katria. She didn't find it, which confused her slightly.

[member="Katria Vekarr"]

Perhaps she should have let her respond. Or at the very least given her the chance to divulge what little she could muster about the comment the young brunette had tried so hard to deliver. While many would have considered it far from subtle, she had to consider that Katrine was not one for traditional method; something she was sure she should have learned already. It was, of course, this thought that rode the forefront of her mind as she waited just out of sight of her blonde friend.

Taking a silent step to the side, gingerly shifting her weight as she positioned herself behind the blonde, Katria drew in a slow and silent breath and poised to make her move. One that she would have slapped herself for making were this months ago, but one she was content to make regardless. Thus, in a single snap motion, she reached out her free hand and clasped it gently in front of the blonde's piercing blue eyes before pulling herself forward so she was just barely against her back.

"I keep more than food in there, beautiful," she mused as she twitched her fingers against Katrine's brow. "But I guess I'll just have to show you before you ask me questions that will give it away."

While she was normally not one to make others do things they may not necessarily wanted to do, the brunette had no doubt that the blonde trusted her enough for a surprise or two. Even still, as she gingerly urged the blonde through the corridor and towards the passenger cabin, she was mindful to give her the chance to simply turn and be on her way; despite a gesture to slip the bantha strips into the blondes hand. She may have eaten, but Katria knew that the young woman was always getting hungry at inopportune times.

"I bought you something while on a side job," she breathed and stopped the blonde just short of what she would consider her nicest store space. "And I was hoping to take you somewhere to make up for my uncharacteristic absence in your exciting life."

That said, with a lift of her hand, she revealed the collection of dresses the store space held to the young blonde; along with a great many other dressing and beautifying objects.

It wasn't fun if she didn't try.

A hand appeared in front of her eyes before they were covered. Her own hands were rising in response, reading to defend herself from the unfamiliar action, only to stop as her fingertips touched it as Katria spoke, making her realize it was her. That was the problem as much as it was fun, the fact that the brunette could just sneak up on her like that without her even knowing until she identified herself. Katria told her she kept more than food here before she said she'd have to show her. "Like what?" The blonde still asked, wanting to know.

Ushered forward, Katrine's feet moved forward. There was a small group of people who could do this to her, the fact that she couldn't see at the moment had nothing to do with it because, in her mind, she knew the path they were headed to. Katrine might not have known the ins and out of this entire ship but she knew the ins of the parts she'd been through and most of where she was being taken, she could see in her mind even when her eyes were covered. It was the, however, the fact that Katria was in her personal space. Very few people in the galaxy could be in her personal space. Katrine no longer had tantrums about it as she did as a child but the feeling remained for most.

Katria told her she bought her something while on a side job, to make up for her uncharacteristic absence. "Oooh, what?" She'd managed before she was stopped but instead of a verbal response, her eyes were uncovered only to see a sight that almost came close to her own wardrobe. Eyes widened in surprise. "Oh wow!" Katrine responded, glancing back at Katria as she smiled. Her gaze moved back to her surprise before going back to Katria just before she'd extend her hands and move in to hug the brunette. "Thank you!"

[member="Katria Vekarr"]

The blonde's response was well within what she'd expected. The second she lifted her hand to reveal the clothes and various adornments, something she'd spent weeks gathering, she could practically feel the vibe of positive energy rolling off the blonde as she opened her mouth to react. Making the words that pooled out of Katrine's mouth that much more satisfying and enough to bring a smug smirk to the brunette's face as she remained poised as close to the blonde as she did; not that she would try to hide her contentment in the slightest.

As Katrine turned to look at her and then back to the clothes Katria took the time to wander her eyes over the blondes figure. Drinking in the other woman's form as she took a moment to glance at the clothes herself, she couldn't help but imagine what the other would look like in the clothes that were carefully selected.

"The red one was a little number I swiped from a Hutt's personal dancer collection," she mused quietly but with enough volume for the blonde to hear her. "He still has no idea that it's missing."

When Katrine finally turned and extended to embrace her, Katria was readily willing to pull the blonde into a warm embrace. Tugging her close, the brunette closed her eyes and drew in a slow but deep breath of the other woman's scent. It never changed, nor would she want it to, but each time only made the sensation more appealing; to the extent that she was starting to think that she couldn't go the day without at least getting some hint of it even if it meant lingering around the Nightmother's fellow witches.

"I think you should model some of them for me," the brunette whispered as she brought her lips close to the blonde's ear, her voice hinted with an air of eagerness diluted with a loving intrigue. She was one for obvious ulterior motives, but she had no doubt in her mind that she wanted to see just how good Katrine would look in the clothes she'd bought for her. As such, without even the slightest hesitation, she slipped herself free of the blondes hug, turned her around and stepped forward with her closer to the wardrobe. "Who knows, you might even convince me to try on some that I found for myself."

Drawing away from having her face and body within very close proximity of the blonde, Katria gave her a light nudge and withdrew to a small but reasonable distance from the blonde's stage.

This was a show she wasn't going to miss for the world.

The dark red one had been the one she'd eyed, recognizing the fabric she was rather partial to. It was a habit though she didn't quite get a chance to wear that much leather these days, other than her Armor. She could still find it a mile away. She hadn't dwelled on it too long after Katria had pointed it out, saying it belonged to a Hutt's personal dancer collection and who didn't know it was missing yet.

She'd already hugged her, glad she'd been hugged in return. Katria was always good to her though she'd never quite gotten a gift like this other than from her Mother but most of what Katrine owned were old dresses that once belonged to her, updated on and off thanks to the credit card Uncle Isley had given her months ago since she herself could have a bank account. Katrine kept the hug for a while, something that should have felt foreign to her but didn't as she heard the whisper into her ear.

"Did you doubt I was gonna try some right now?" Katrine responded back right away, letting out a quiet giggle. The Lupine didn't know what shame was when it came to her body but she still loved pretty dresses so much that she didn't plan on passing down a chance to put them on. Starting with the red one they'd talked about before.

Their hug broke and Katrine was already making her way back to the pile, fully aware Katria wasn't far behind as she heard the comment. "Oh, I'll convince you," she returned, a grin on her face as she felt the nudge before she moved right for the dress she wanted to try first, reaching her fingers to her back, summoning the Force to her aid to lower the zipper off her back before she'd stepped out of the dress, leaving it to fall to the floor before she took out the red one, putting it over her head to let it slip over the rest of her body before she'd sun around, letting the edges swirl with her.

It made her giggle slightly, her feet moving again in a circle so she could watch the swirl once again before she'd looked up at Katria. "I love it! The Hutt can't have it anymore. Looks better on me anyway," Katrine insisted with another giggle.

[member="Katria Vekarr"]

"Not in the slightest," the brunette breathed as the blonde pulled away to turn back to the dresses and pile of various other objects. Folding her arms, tilting her head slightly with a shift of her hips, Katria watched in earnest as the blonde used the Force to remove the article she was currently wearing. For a brief moment the brunette's breath hitched in her throat, a twinge of that same eagerness that clung to her once again surfacing, until Kat pulled the red dress down over her form and began to display it for the both of them.

While she was surprised by the Kat's lack of concern with her body in front of her, she was not about to say a word until this little show was over. Or ever.

"Even if he did come looking for it, he'd have to go through me first," the brunette added to the blonde's comment as she took a step forward and confidently ventured a hand to the girl's side. Perhaps equal to the blondes lack of any shame in exposing her body to others, there was little caution or reservation in Katria's desire to be hands on with the women she found herself drawn to. And Katrine was no different. Without further contemplation the brunette traced her hand along the contours of Kat's side with the leather making it effortless. "Of course, I can't imagine anything looking bad on you, beautiful."

Taking a moment to let the words sink in, and stealing a moment to place her other hand on the girl's other side, she tilted her head back and drew in a long, deep breath.

"I think this one might be my favorite, and I still haven't even seen the others on you yet." She stated as she leaned forward, once again pressing into Katrine's personal space and practically against her. Peering at the closet behind the blonde, then remembering the collection she'd found for herself, the brunette traced an idea slipping into the forefront of her mind as she leaned her head forward close enough to the blonde's neck for her to whisper again. "Which one should I try on?"

She breathed against the blonde's neck, her lips brushing the skin briefly before she withdrew enough to look at the girl's face. A wry smile had begun to creep onto her features, and she was hoping that she wouldn't be met with yet another question.

Not that she disliked the inquisitive nature, but something had to give.

It made her chuckle lightly when Katria said the Hutt would have to go through her first if he did come looking for it. Though her chuckle quickly ended and she looked at the other woman very seriously. "Going through can be interesting. I didn't know you were into Hutts...I thought though that Hutts are too corporal to actually do that," she told her completely seriously. Katrine had a unique experience with going through, as part of her ascension ceremony so her meaning of it was completely different now than it was for most people. So, she assumed the only variation of the phase she did know. Not that she minded herself, it was a unique experience for her and part of the spirit claiming and she enjoyed it so really...

Katria couldn't imagine anything looking bad on her? "My Father's coat before Uncle Isley refitted it for me. Like that looked horrible on me. My Father is like twice my size," Katrine cheerfully proclaimed, unaffected by being called beautiful. Katrine had great genes, came from a beautiful Mother and a handsome Father. The tiniest downside to the genes was the fact that she wouldn't live to be two-hundred years old as Nona was because of her Lupine gene. She was aware of the hand on her side though it felt completely fine. Her hands weren't as big as the hands that were on her just days before but Katrine liked both, the differences making the feeling even more interesting.

It might have been the other woman's favorite but she hadn't seen the rest yet, Katrine had said before she'd leaned into her space, even more, making the sapphire gaze took in the sight of the other woman up close even as Katria was looking something behind her, before feeling the soft breath at her neck, a new whisper coming in. Which one should she try? "Hmm," Katrine pondered as if she didn't know the answer. "You should try some leather too," she decided.

The Lupine naturally drew in a breath at the proximity, taking in the familiar scent without fully being aware until she'd felt it. Katria smelled nice but she also had a scent of strength and something unique, like she wasn't fully human. She definitely didn't have the scent of an average human. "You're not completely human, are you?" she muttered after a moment, curious. Lupines had a strong sense of smell, though it was nothing compared to how strong it got when they were in Lupine form. It was because of it though that they paid attention to scents unlike most species in the galaxy. "Not like an average ordinary human. Your scent is different." She was naturally curious but she also wanted to know what this meant.

[member="Katria Vekarr"]

Corporal? The word rattled around in the brunette's head for a moment as she contemplated where Kat was going with the question. Drawn a few feet from the blonde, she tilted her head slightly and rolled her eyes upwards as she tried to make sense of the thought before looking back down and meeting the girl's piercing blue eyes. Somewhere, somehow, the girl's definition of the term had gone far astray from the traditional sense; very far.

"That's the point, sweetheart," she muttered as she used her hands on Katrine's hips to pull her closer to her, stopping her just inches away before she continued her thought. "They won't get through me, though no I'm not into Hutts; I'm into much more attractive and approachable things."

With that said she tilted her and glanced back at a pile of clothes behind her that had sat unnoticed for the time they'd spent on her dresses for the blonde. The question that came as she glanced back caught her off guard as she, for the briefest of moments, until she remembered just what Katrine was; a thought that made the remark of scent quite a bit less confusing. Chuckling lightly on a breath and closing her eyes for a brief moment, Katria contemplated her answer.

"You would be right," she murmured and, after slowly opening her eyes, silently went into a cycle of admiring the blonde's features. "I'm half Epicanthix on my mother's side. But no one's ever described it quite like that before."

And really she wouldn't have wanted it described any other way.

"How cross would you be if I wanted to put off changing for just a bit longer to do something else?" She asked, shifting impatiently as she kept close to the blonde as she spoke. While it was slightly uncharacteristic for her to play into a more timid mannerism, she poised on a notion that she felt would be more appropriate if she approached it calmly; a sentiment that vanished almost as quickly as it had appeared. "Though, I imagine you'd expect as much, I'd make it up to you."

Without giving the blonde much time to process what she'd stated and asked, given her own pace of comprehension, Katria sloughed away her caution and leaned in to brush her lips against Katrine's. The intent and drive had been for an experimental gesture, instinctively pulling the smaller blonde into her as she took the initiative, but intent gave way entirely to instinct and a brushing became full contact with a fervor fueled by pent up emotion.

It wasn't long, nor was it short, as she drew back once more and bit her lip. For the first time since Rodia she was afraid.

The point? It was becoming clear to clear to her Katria wasn't following her at all and was instead going on about them not being able to go through her but she wasn't isn't to Hutts according to what she said. "No, no. You see, when a spirit goes through, it's pretty riveting. Like if their intent is not to inflict their own pain on you, it's like an orgasm. Or like exactly like it," Katrine explained without so much as blinking. "It gets especially interesting when three do it one after the other," she pointed out, this time smirking. The first time the spirits had gone through her, she'd felt every pain, every inflection, every feeling of torture but when the Mandragora spirits had done it, they had done so while claiming her as their Nightmother, their voice and face. She became theirs, binding her life to theirs more so than her connection to the spirit realm had ever allowed.

"Are Hutts not approachable?" She wondered after a moment. "I mean, they're not as attractive as you or me but I'm sure other Hutts can appreciate them... for something. I'm not sure what. I'd rather bed a Wookie than a Hutt," she continued, giving a nod as she was sure of which species she'd rather go for. Definitely sooner a Wookie than a Hutt.

Katria was half Epicanthix. Katrine knew the name, it was mentioned in some things she'd read but otherwise, she didn't know too much about them. "What makes you an Epicanthix other than your scent? Is that the reason I can't see you int he Force?" The next questions formed on their own as the presence in the Force always bugged her. It was a vital part of her life, came completely natural to her that it bugged her and worried her at the same time that she couldn't sense her the way she could tell the presence of others who weren't Sensitive. Like, it wasn't a strong signature as another Force User but there was a mark on the everflowing Life Force none the less.

How cross would she be if the game of dress-up was postponed? Katrine's brows lowered as she watched the other woman. No, this was time for the game, why would they be postponing? Besides, Katrine had so many more she wanted to try on right now. Katria promised to make it up to her. "You bette...," the blonde insisted almost immediately, her second word interrupted quickly as lips brushed onto hers, startling her. First kisses startled her always, it was a thing, it seemed. Before Katrine could react, she was pulled in closer and kissed again. Her lips were different, smaller and softer than the lips she'd tasted in the past. Of the three, they were by far the softest. Her hands worked on their own, palms touching Katria's hips as she took in the sensation, unaware of her attention. Katrine liked kissing. The very first time with Jared, it had been completely weird, completely new. With Aston, it had been a salvation. Kissing him had reminded her how much she needed love in her life, saving her from Avarisa's spell or whatever else the curse had been and giving her the strength to defeat the spirit once and for all times. With Gerwald, it had been primal and raw. It was what the Lupine had wanted and Katrine was the Lupine through and through, even if she wore her human skin more than she did her wolf form.

It was again different with Katria. She was beautiful and she had saved her life. She was interesting before but after Rodia, she had seen her in a completely different light, wanted her in her life. The kiss was brief, the other woman ending it. It was when Katrine realized where her hands were, lips rubbing together for a moment before she kissed the woman again, curious to know more about what she was feeling.

[member="Katria Vekarr"]

Her mind was alight.

While none of the aforementioned topics held any further relevance in her active brain, the crevices of her mind continued to ponder the thoughts Katrine had poured back to her. For one, approachability had never been something she'd really explored in great excess when it came to Hutts; she wasn't attracted to them and would have sooner dumped irritant salts on them than hold an extensive conversation. For another, she knew that it was time for her to fully explain why the blonde was unable to see her in the Force let alone sense her at all.

The only issue? She was entirely immersed in the experience she now flung herself into wholly.

Biting her lip, Katria watched in complete silence as the briefest of moments passed between them. She felt Katrine's hands on her hips, the girl telling her physically she wasn't ready to move away, and felt her heart begin to pound harder than it had when she'd first spent time alone with the blonde. She'd barely been able to draw in a sharp breath before she found Katrine's lips against hers once more; the feeling of the blonde's soft lips entrancing her as she ventured her hands further onto the back of the girl's hips to grip her firmly against her.

While she could not be certain as to every single thing that the blonde was thinking or feeling, she knew that there was a small act she could make to escalate the moment just that much further. Leaning into the kiss for but a few more moments, granting Katrine what she felt she desired from the continued contact, Katria slid her hands downward and tugged just a bit harder before breaking away once more with a soft gasp.

"This," she breathed heavily as she began to tug at the amulet that hung around her neck, lifting the necklace it was attached to up and around her head and tossing it off to the table near them; finally freeing her presence to be sensed by any within the closest vicinity of the Vekarr's Pride. "Might be the source of that little problem."

Once again she allowed for the smallest of moments, time for the blonde to process what she'd said and done, before going back to what she desired. She didn't want to overwhelm the girl, to drive her away with an excessive level of lust or desire. But there was a part of her, comprised of entirely raw emotion and desire, that craved every minute of it that drew her back in once more. As such she locked lips with Katrine yet again for long enough to communicate everything she was feeling until she could actively invite the blonde into her mind like she'd done for no other.

"You make me do crazy things, Katrine," she breathed against the blonde's lips as she paused once more, again drawing back only slightly in hopes of meeting the blonde's piercing blue eyes. "But I'll never shut you out."

If her words didn't say it, the well of counter characteristic emotion in her eyes issued the notion in volumes.

Her body moved slightly against the touch, still kissing Katria as she did for a moment before it ended again and Katria reached for the pendant around her neck before she'd broken it off. It surprised her slightly, not expecting it to be a necklace at all that prevented her from seeing Katria. Now though, as the chain broke, it was a rush at a presence in the Force. She could see her suddenly, almost all of her. It still wasn't as strong of a signature as it was with Force Users but it was definitely there, to nearest one to Katrine.

Unintentionally, Katrine had reached out to the woman through the Force, making her eyes close for a split second as she felt emotions dancing at the very surface. Excitement, fear, uncertainty.. they hit her hard even when she had no intention of prying. She could see them, she could also there it wasn't all there was, just traces reaching out over the very edge of who Katria was. "Sorry, I didn't mean to pry," she said in a heartbeat yet smiling she did, surprised at herself she'd even gone to pick up so much in one go. It had just been surprised to see Katria.

They kissed again and for a time, Katrine forgot what she'd seen, forgot most things around her she could have been thinking about. When it broke again, Katria told her she was making her do stupid things but she'd never shut her. Katrine smiled again. "You shouldn't," she responded though the words had brought her back into the now, making her suddenly reach and kiss her cheek as her mind sorted itself out. "Don't ever shut me out. I couldn't stand it if you did. But...," she pulled away in a moment as everything slid into place in her head, sapphire gaze still on the other woman. "before any of this, I have to talk to someone," Katrine admitted and once she did, the words seemed to be pouring out. "I met someone, he's a Lupine. We've gotten involved. And since we are, I want to be honest about this." Honest about what, her mind asked the question she would have asked someone else if she heard those words. "I... do want to be with you but I need to be honest about it. With the both of you." It was the truth of it. Her upbringing had taught her that she could have room in her heart for more than one person in her life but she couldn't fandom the thought of not being honest about it before she did anything about it. In saying the words though, Katrine hoped this wouldn't drive Katria away.

[member="Katria Vekarr"]

Bliss.

A word the woman hardly knew, and one she hardly trusted.

Even still, there was no doubting that everything that happened since she set foot on the Vekarr's Pride had culminated in a semblance of bliss. The very idea terrifying in the mind of a woman consigned to the tragedy of the galaxy; the damage of her past.

She could not, however, deny that her proximity with Katrine eased away the fears and doubts she felt. Keeping her hands on the other girl, holding her close even as they once again ceased kissing and she'd cast the amulet around her neck to the table. The pieces fell into place and for the first time in years she felt as though she was free to be every bit of the woman she was.

Shaking her head gently at the blonde's apology, Katria pondered the next words that came from the girl's mouth moments ago. Each word rang true with her emotions until a confession poured forth from her lips, the blonde's characteristic lack of filter tapping against her conscious patience. Though it was hardly her patience that needed defending as the realization of what the girl was saying set in.

She had met another like herself; and they were involved.

For a moment she was stunned into silence, her body losing it's ability to respond in kind with her thoughts as she furrowed her brow, shifted her weight and parted her lips briefly. In the next moment her eyes were cast down, her hands slid from Katrine's back to her hips and her fingers subconsciously clung to the girl's dress instinctively. And finally she flicked her eyes up from their distant downward gaze and pursed her lips to speak the thoughts that were slowly coming to mind.

"I can't say that I understand," she breathed, her voice hushed but audible, with an air to her tone that reflected anxiety; doubt. "I don't understand."

She contemplated each word as she spoke it, alongside the very idea that the innocent, and charmingly, oblivious Katrine could have been involved with another individual; least of all in any fashion she could surmise from what little had been said. Before her thoughts could wander too far, however, she tore herself back to reality.

"What does this mean? I-" she paused and hesitated upon the very thought of finishing the sentence that hung at the tip of her tongue. "I can't continue to deny that I need you, Katrine, I won't."

She continued, her voice almost cracking as she grappled with herself to keep her emotions balanced.

"I'm not good at sharing, I'm selfish, but the only way I can safely push through this- keep you in my life," the words came with a slight quiver of her lip as she lifted her head and dredged up a tender light to her features she knew the blonde needed to see; hope that the brunette often kept so avidly repressed. "Is to do what I should have done months ago as I am doing now.

Put my heart in your hand," she explained as she took one of the girl's hands in hers and placed it against her chest. "And trust that you won't make the wrong choice."

Love sure was a cruel mistress.

There were bits and traces of emotions coming through as Katrine was still getting used to Katria's presence before anything else. Her words had affected Katria, that much was clear. Instead of responding right away, she looked down, fingers soon fidgeting with the leather fabric, all before she had spoken. She didn't understand, the doubled sentence confirming her own words.

What did it mean? I can't continue to deny that I need you, Katrine, I won't. She smiled, weakly as she listened. It was fascinating how much was happening in a short span of time like she'd crossed through some doors and all of a sudden, she was no longer in her safe little sweet bubble where she no longer missed things that seemed obvious to everyone else, it seemed. Like the traces of thoughts, she'd been getting from Katria, a tiny blush appearing on her face even when she couldn't tell coherent thoughts. Just moments, seconds. Made her wonder just how much she'd missed through her young adult life?

Katrine hadn't said a word yet, listening to Katria as she spoke. The other woman continued, talking about not being good at sharing, about being selfish but she wanted to keep her in her life. Her smile grew slowly. Is to do what I should have done months ago as I am doing now. Yeah. "Probably," Kat whispered, smile still on her face. Put my heart in your hand, Katria had continued before taking one of her hands and putting it over her heart, saying she trusted her not to make the wrong choice.

"Thank you," she slowly began, "I know you don't understand but I am what I am. Just like I know what I want but I can't lie, to either of you." She couldn't just pretend what had happened between Gerwald in front of Katria nor could she just dive into something with Katria without speaking to Gerwald. It was in no way a permission she intended to ask. This was her, her decisions, her heart. Her other hand wrapped around Katria's, still watching her.

[member="Katria Vekarr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom