Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Fox Claw Spring-Wire Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stun_Mine.png

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] To create a mine best used for stealth-type troops[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Image Source: [/SIZE]http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Stun_Mine
  • [SIZE=9pt]Canon Link: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]None[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Restricted Missions:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] None[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Primary Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]None[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE] [SIZE=9pt]EODD[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Fox Claw Mine[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Open-Market[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Modularity:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] No[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Production[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Mass-Produced[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Material: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Durasteel, electrical, and spring components[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Quiet and easy to use, the Fox Claw mine dispatches foes, not with an explosion but with a released whirl of ten durasteel razor wires. When tripped, the mine releases the tension which holds the wires in place and sends them whirling through the air to cut everything within a meter radius. Once used the mine can be reset, though this is usually only possible through mechanical aid, as few species are strong enough to crank the wires back in to the necessary amount of tension. The mine comes with two settings, mechanical and electronic. With the mechanical setting, the mine must be directly stepped on to go off. With the electronic setting, the mine uses sensors to detect when a possible target has entered within a foot of its position, before releasing its wires.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Quiet[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Reusable[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Wires can be coated with toxins[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Design leads to a decrease in lethality[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Heavy armors, while damaged, can withstand assault from wires[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Can lead to injury if improperly reloaded[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Electric release can be disabled via emp[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Created to give scouts and snipers within the VSF a quiet means of protecting their rear, the Fox Claw Mine was designed by Veran scientists and given to EODD for manufacturing. The Mine is activated by a pair of switches placed on its right side. Activating the first switch, engages the manual release which goes off if 10 kg of pressure is placed on the top side of the mine. The second switch causes the mine to be released if a significant body of mass approaches within one foot of the mine. It is possible for both switches to be activated at once. Should the mine be hit by an EMP, only the electric release will be affected, but this will not trip the mine. The mine can be deactivated via a key which is inserted between the two switches, or via a button that is attached to back side of the designated key.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom