Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fount of Power

will you sink down to me?
Damsy watched from her side of the umbilical, hands held casually up as she watched the unfolding drama. The last thing she wanted to do was escalate, or cause the smugglers to do so any further, so she respected their gunslinging representative's order that no more Spawn were to come aboard.

"Okay, okay," she began slowly. "I'm the captain, that'd be me. I don't want anyone else to get on your ship neither. I just want my people back, so we can fly 'way an' leave you 'lone." She lowered her hands, but extended them out towards Kai's back, hoping he'd turn around, take it, and join her on the Nauti. "How's that?"

Lief Lief | Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Kiber Dorn Kiber Dorn | Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri

Last edited:
No one decided to escalate, yet that was precisely what happened.

Kai felt Damsy’s hand reaching for him, trying to pull him aboard. The smuggler, his blaster hand trembling, shouted, “Move! Get back!”

Time seemed to slow down as Kai started to take a step backwards. There was a hum in the atmosphere, a flavor not native to filtered air. The taste of it was in his mouth, on his tongue, neither sweet nor bitter, yet he felt a strange craving for more of it.

He recognized the scent of burning carbon just before a red blaster bolt emerged from the barrel of the blaster. It moved toward him like a scarlet sunbeam, burning particles of dust in its wake.

Had it been a misfire? he wondered as the shot hit him square in the chest, agony erupting from his center. Or had the smuggler just made a terrible mistake?

The hum became deafening. His face contorting in pain, Kai’s head tilted back, the muscles in his throat contracting and expanding as though he were desperately sucking down air, or gulping water in a desert. The smuggler screamed once, then fell to the floor, convulsing.

For a few moments all Kai could think was more, and then he thought why did I do that what is wrong with me? Burnt clothes hanging in blackened tatters from his torso, the scorched flesh beneath healing rapidly, Kai stared at the still-twitching husk of the smuggler.

<What are you?> He shouted into Kiber’s mind from across the ship. <What are you doing to us?>

here's your Dark Side battery horror story Kiber Dorn Kiber Dorn Damsy Callat Damsy Callat Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Lief Lief

It played spectator to its own rescue, witnessing in motion the machinations of sentients with parts to play and a closer look at the embroidery of their emotions. Up close it was loud, and the colours of souls glimmered with individual threats, creating tapestries of people that lived, breathed and felt.

The space companion hungered, interesting.

For a moment the conduit was taken aback by the closeness of sensation, having spent so long disconnected from it all in the void.

I am unharmed.

Then.

Somewhere else upon the ship.

A fuse was lit in the tension of combustible air.

LOUD.

PAIN.

The conduit's aura was steeped in the rampant antagonism that had engulfed the air around them, the potent negative emotions feeding fuel to the creation that was designed to amplify such sensation. Not out of malice, but instead out of design.

There has been violence, it projected to the room, its helmed-head facing the young voice of authority, I am sorry if I am responsible. It was peculiar to hear apologies from such a flat, emotionless voice, almost insincere, even but it did not exist with the intent of sowing the seeds of chaos.

I am an extension of The Creator's will, it responded back into the mind of the turbulent one, does my presence affect you?

Affirmations from both of them that they were good. Eliphas nodded in relief, and cast a glance back at the rest of the crew who had come here despite him asking to do this alone. Ensiss probably didn't trust him... After all the boy did still owe him for helping him out, maybe he felt the need to ensure he wouldn't slink off on the next ship that he came across.
Smugglers or Sithspawn... Hard tossup to be honest.
"Good. Then, yes, if there's nothing else--" He was cut off by the voice in his head, that of the floating individual. Even he could sense something was off, a prickling at the back of his neck that had him reaching for his blaster even before the floater finished what he was saying. For whatever reason he seemed to believe him when he made it seem as though he wasn't intentionally responsible. His apology, that is, was sincere.
He glanced around the room, noting who was present and who was not. Ensiss was still up in the cockpit, but there were a few others who had either remained there too or had... "Chit..." He pushed past anyone who was stood between himself and the bridge which connected the two ships, picking up the pace once they were in his dust.
Two Sithspawn stood across from him, a body between them. Eliphas gulped, raised both hands as to try and deescalate the situation.
"What happened?" he asked, noticing that the downed crewmate also had a gun which had toppled to the ground upon his untimely death. He didn't want to jump to conclusions, but maybe Ensiss' misgivings had been correct...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom