Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fortifying Future Foundations

[member="Willam Forlon"]

Faith got her drink and then looked around, "Yes, call me Faith." She liked being called by her first name, not by her titles, "I think it could do the job we need. Are we going to try and establish some listening posts a little closer to Sith Territory?" Faith took a sip she had wanted to talk to the Supreme Commander for a while.

Her last meeting with him she wished they had a few weeks earlier it might have helped their current situation. If they had only reacted sooner, quicker, something would it have helped.

She knew she should not second guess herself right now. But she couldn't help herself.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Forlon smiled as the intellegeance commander went straight to shop talk. His meeting with her some months before had been productive and had offered a chance to easy hostitlties but it was to have been too little to late. Any protocols he or Faith could have put in place would not have been enough. He knew that now.

"Very well then, Faith, I am looking into setting up a series of overlapping stealth ships to patrol the border in addition to listening posts. But we can discuss that another time. We are here to let lose. How are things on Alderaan?" HE said using the ice in his glass to stir his drink and waited for the woman to reply.

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
Ayumi arrived in there to look at the small display. Denon was important and she wanted to get Reshmer's ideas tied in with that would become her massive overhaul of security on the planet. A way to really defend it and provide several long term solutions they could start really implementing on additional fortress worlds in the republic. Make them able to withstand a siege should the need arise while still being something close to impressive with lots of guns and citizens who were very dedicated to the ideals of peace and justice over fear and wanting to destroy everything. "This is all looking very impressive." The Senator stood there with her hands behind her bac letting herself be a little taller

[member="Willam Forlon"]

"I didn't realize our esteemed Chancellor needed help with getting libations" She grinned at Jack, she played upon his reputation as a rum aficionado. She then looked around the room they were in, wanting to give the Supreme Commander the answer he deserved.

"I think this station will serve the Republic admirably and provide it much needed shelter, and place in this sector of the galaxy" It wasn't a standard pat answer, they needed this station it was part of their survival.

"Do you think it will do the job we need it to?"

Upon hearing of the Reef Project, she'd had hope of something sublime in nature being undertaken as only the Mon Cal could, moments later when she'd discovered that it was a new class of battle station she had held out that some beauty would be preserved amidst the disappointment. Now even that was dashed as she looked on the first of the reef stations, all dark slabs and angular protrusions, not at all like the graceful curves and flowing lines traditionally expected of MCS. Some might find it a thing of beauty still, those that marveled at mighty engineering and technological feats and the raw destruction they could wring forth in the defense of a planet against those that would lay harm on it. But then these were the times Chi returned to now, gone was the time the Republic existed as a mighty thing, cowering other nations with a stern gaze. Coruscaunt had been wrenched from them along with her home and the Republic she loved greatly reduced. And since she returned now in the hopes of her home's recapture by those who would see it free, such machines of war would prove invaluable to her.

As her shuttle moved in to dock for the unveiling Chi ran a hand down the front of her dress and breathed deep, reaffirming her convictions to herself. In the past she had spoken out against such things, sought peace instead of war, this day would be different. Her voice would join those seeking action. There was hell to be raised and she would see it so.

Stepping from her ship into the cavernous hanger that had engulfed it, the former Representative went to seek out her host and see what little support she might provide.
@Reshmar

Forlon laughed at [member="Faith Organa"] comment thinking how true it was. The Supreme Chancellor was a man of drink and indulgences. He thought about the question Faith had put forward to him. It was a good one. Would this monstrosity of a station really prove worth the unimaginable cost. At seven billion credits a pop, the Republic itself could only afford three. And it had to use the IGBC as the financier for the initial investment. he rested his glass on the table in front of him and smiled at the woman then answered.

"Once the operatives and intelligence of other organizations get wind of it I think it will go a long way in deterring attack. It would take a sizable force just to engage it let alone it with a defense fleet. We took a note from the old New Order, how they used massive ships as threat weapons more than openly having them engage in battle. The sheer power of the station will be enough to keep most from considering a system it is defending as a viable target."

Forlon sipped from his glass and looked at the door as Admiral Reshmar and the Intergalactic Banking Clan delegation entered the room.

[member="Willam Forlon"]

"Yes speak softly but carry a big stick, this is one fething big stick Supereme Commander. I hope you are right." She really did their borders were at a constant risk and at the rate of expansion they needed to be able to deter the sith from thinking they could cross over and win.

Faith caught how his gaze went from her to the door, she in turned looked as well, "oh the banking delegation" she sighed, "Do you think they are here to make sure the Republic can pay the mortgage?" She had not had any dealings with the banking commission, her position thankfully didn't require it that was for @caius flavin and the other senators assigned to that committee.

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Chi Chuchi"]

There was a familiar thing coming to her as the older senator she had met a time or two was well here... Ayumi had not expected it but this was a time of massive surprises and she would be able to work with that as they were heading out. She had arrived and with it well she was more then happy to help out Reshmer wherever he wanted or needed it. The people of denon were turning over a new leaf as it were with some fo the reforms and changed that she had been working on to bolster and strengthen the economic side of Denon so that it would be able to really handle and protect itself under the stresses of the constant attacks. "Chi Chuchi returns."

[member="Faith Organa"]

Willam laughed at Faith's comment. he imagined that was exactly why the Intergalactic Banking Clan CEO @Lan Porgata had come with such a large retinue. Willam knew the man's personal appearance here was a near unheard of occurrence. He was sure the nearly fifteen billion credit transaction was the only reason the Munn businessman had attended. But that kind of money was enough to bring out anyone and everyone who had any stake in this venture. The stations were massively powerful but that also came with a massively large price tag.

"Yes, I do believe that is why they are here." said Forlon as he finished off his drink and sat the glass on a waiter's dish as he passed by. "Can I get you another drink Faith?" asked Forlon as he grabbed another from the waiters try.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
Reshmar walked into the large room which had been set aside as a meeting hall for the unveiling of the Station. Normally this room would be the recreation mess hall facility for beta quadrant and be where the crew spent their down time. Today it was an opulent ballroom lined with tapestries and art befitting a royal inauguration. Beside him the Intergalactic Banking CLan's CEO @Lan Porgata paused with him to take in the room. Everyone who was anyone in the Republic was present. From lower level senate aides to the Supreme Chancellor himself were present. Any corporation who did business with the Republic had representatives there lobbying for their companies to be granted the inevitable contracts that would be handed out by the Republic to finish out the stations to suit their respective worlds.

"So Mister Porgata, what do you think of our station?" asked Reshmar as the two men continued to walk into the room and the festivities.

[member="Chi Chuchi"]

@Willam Forlorn

"absolutely did you ever try the emerald wine I gave you?" when he first came on board she gifted him items from her native Alderaan she tried to be warm with anyone in the Republic sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't.

Faith enjoyed wine a well known fact among her family and friends. "perhaps I should send some to the banking delegation. " she laughed. And took the offered glass. "so when you retire what will you do?" she didn't know him well and was trying to figure him out, a bit more.

A polite aide had directed Chi from the Starhawk's place in the hanger to the ballroom where her entrance had gone... mostly unnoticed apparently. Something she should have expected considering her long absence from the political scene and her small presence when she was. Just because she was of new convictions didn't mean the rest of the galaxy had to take notice or care. Instead of making a ruckus, the pale haired woman slipped into the crowd and began circling among the groups. Making small chatter and getting to know the field again, who the players were, and the social circles. This usually meant she just had to let people talk about their favorite subject, themselves and what was important to them while she lent an interested ear.
@Reshmar @Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi Pallopides

Ayumi was looking at many of the things there, the station was impressive and reports from the surface of the planet for the different things they were doing gave her some hope. They were working on the reconstruction efforts with the larger sections spanning across the planet as it was being set up and developed to give the construction efforts time to work. The debris and ruined sections being raised and haued to the moon to be broken down and converted into construction materials that function with the planets population so that they could give a lot. "Everything is looking very nice." She clasped her hands behind her back with a look at the others that were there.

Willam turned his attention back to his conversation with [member="Faith Organa"] . He would have time to discuss his ideas with the Mon Calamari later, for now he was socializing and he could tell that Reshmar was busy with the IGCB delegation. He grabbed a drink from the waiters dish and handed it to faith.

"I did, yes, it was a lovely liquor. I hope next time I visit Alderaan I can get more. As for my retirement, I am not sure, The Republic seems to be acting like a child in many concerns and the military has to clean up the mess the government is leaving in its wake. I fear these stations will see battle sooner than later. I just hope it is not to little too later." said Willam. He found himself more free and unconcerned with his words now with the seven drinks he had put into his system.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Ayumi Pallopides"] [member="Chi Chuchi"]

Reshmar looks around the room at the collection of individuals. Gathered here were the movers and shakers of the Galactic Republic and its allies. The senators, aides, representatives, and military personnel from all branches gathered together for the betterment of the Republic. Though Reshmar was no longer a serving Republic Admiral and just worked in a consultant role, he felt pride in the scene before him. It was a collection of people seldom brought together and working together. No political infighting, no organizational arguments just the backbone of the Republic, together and united. He saw a few people he had not seen before, some he knew well, and some he knew held contempt for him and his role in the current undertaking. He was pocketing twenty four billion credits from the deal and many resented this. Defense contracts always brought out the worse in people when it was not them profiting from the business.

"Minister Porgata, if you will excuse me I see some people I must discuss some infrastructure issues with." said Reshmar to the IGBC leader. The Munn nodded an affirmation then he and his delegation walked into the crowd to mingle Reshmar eyed someone he knew only by her file and felt curiosity as to her reasoning for attending the gala. He walked tot he woman and spoke to get her attention. "Minister Chuchi It is a pleasure to see you have joined use here."

"Admiral," Chi said with a warm smile in greeting. It was hard for her to tell the Mon Cal apart, as it apparently was for most other species, head patterns, age, and guessing usually did it for her along with a few embarrassing laughs. Today though there was no need, nobody could mistake the person standing before her on his big day. "I believe congratulations are in order if everything I'm hearing is to believed."
[member="Reshmar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom