Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forging the Lance

Fire!

The tech workers wearing pairs of goggles stepped away from the beam prototype, mounted on a test table and pointing at a ten centimeter thick piece of durasteel. Power flowed through the couplings into the weapon as it began to charge before plasma burst from its opening, the beam firing at the piece of durasteel.

Reading ten percent beam to energy efficiency! Assuming it remains the same, we should barely be able to make this weapon work on the scales that Miss Savan intends.

Is there any way we can improve the weapon's efficiency?

The only way we could do that is if the energy matrix was more heavily refined and the crystals we're using to focus the beam were polished to perfection. Then we might be able to get fifteen percent efficiency out of her. MIGHT.

Why not refine the design?

The lovely Falleen-Zeltron hybrid entered the room, the smell of her pheromones immediately intoxicating the workmen as they stared at her low-cut dress.

I wish we could. Every design we've come up with so far is a bust. The Conqueror-style composite beam suffers from immense power requirements for a weapon capable of doing the damage we're talking about in such a small size. The Accuser-style beam takes too long to recharge. The Geonosian-built beam is the best of them all, but I don't see any way for us to create a beam that relies on synthesized body fluid.

This hybrid we've been working on allows for good damage, low recharge time, and a reasonably low power drainage, but we need better crystals to increase its efficiency!

The Force-Sensitive hybrid couldn't help but smile. I believe someone I know may be able to help us with that soon...

Tatooine
Mos Eisley

Two dusty boots went to perch on top of the large bodywood desk she'd managed to acquire some time back. Her clothes were light for the weather; you weren't born and raised on Tatooine without regards to exactly what the heat can do to dark tinted attire.

Upon her head was an umber podracer's cap, one she tossed to the side on top of a stalk of filmsi papers and scattered datapads. In her hand she held a glass of whiskey; her little perk me up for the afternoon.

A hand went running through the bright auburn locks on top of her head, giving them a little ruffle.

Now to see what the day would bring.

The shuttle ride to Tatooine wasn't nearly as pleasant as she expected, though it thankfully was rather quick. Circe had gotten word of a member of the Galactic Trade Guild who had facilities located nearby. Perhaps she would be able to get some assistance with the beam weapons she was developing...

Landing, she carefully stepped onto the surface of the planet, feeling the sand between her toes. She was wearing a pair of ornate sandals that seemed perfect for this sort of environment, deftly combining with the black dress she wore. Looking at the once-nuked landscape, she smiled. Such a great deal of power must have overrun this landscape a long time ago to reshape the planet.

She found her way through the city of Mos Eisley, ignoring some of the stares before coming up to a brand new sign.

Arceneau Trading Company
This was the place. She stepped through the doors, smiling as her eyes fell upon some of the property this place had to offer. She heard a bell or something ring, alerting whoever was currently staffing the building to her presence. As such, she began to wait, eying some of the blasters for sale on the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom