Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Forging Destiny

wb1.png
TAGS:
Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze
alexboarder.png
In the serene ambiance of his treehouse and gardens, nestled among the whispering leaves and sturdy branches, Braze is deeply engrossed in a task that resonates with the core of his Jedi identity. The space around him is organized yet brimming with various components and tools, each meticulously arranged for easy access. Sunlight filters through the foliage, casting dappled patterns of light and shadow, creating an almost mystical setting for his work, perfect for the meditative state of mind.

At the heart of his focus is the design and assembly of his lightsaber hilt, a rite of passage for any Jedi, especially for a Padawan like Braze. The hilt, not just a weapon but a symbol of his commitment to the Jedi path, lies disassembled in front of him. Each piece is carefully laid out on a velvet cloth to prevent any damage or loss.

Braze is currently engaged in the delicate process of assembling a mock-up of the hilt. This preliminary step is crucial, allowing him to visualize the final product and ensure that all components fit together seamlessly. His design is unique, reflecting his personal journey and understanding of the Force. The hilt's contours and weight are tailored to his grip and preferred makashi fighting style, promising ease of movement and balance.

He picks up the main body of the hilt, its surface smooth yet durable, made from a rare alloy known as song steel that he chose for both its aesthetic appeal and functional properties. He carefully aligns it with the emitter, where the blade will eventually project. This part of the hilt is critical, and he double-checks the alignment, ensuring that the energy flow will be optimal for a stable blade.

Next, he attaches the power cell compartment, a compact module that will house the energy source of the lightsaber. Braze is mindful of the delicate electronics within, knowing that any misalignment could affect the saber's performance. He then proceeds to fit in the crystal chamber, the heart of the lightsaber, where the kyber crystal will eventually reside. Although the crystal is not yet in place, he meticulously prepares the chamber, envisioning the moment he will install the crystal that will define his blade's color and characteristics.

As he works, Braze occasionally pauses to consult a holocron, loaded with schematics and notes from his studies. He's dead set to try and get every detail right, understanding that building a lightsaber is not just a matter of technical skill, but also a deeply personal and spiritual endeavor.

To an unknowing on-looker, he may just appear to be some young kid playing around with electrical components in a makeshift work shop beneath the trees.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | The Treehouse on Lothal
| Objective | Take a little break

If she was honest with herself... Jenn was getting rather tired of Lothal.

It was a fine world, no mistake there, but all of her pointless wandering across its surface in search of a fallen brother she expected to be long gone. But, wherever she went, and no matter how many palms she greased or locals she paid rounds for, nobody seemed to know where Khamul had gone. Evidently, the lead she had received was either erroneous, or purposefully misleading! Throwing in the towel for the day, the Mandalorian truly found herself in need of a break. But her Xandu offered little in the way of comforts, and she needed someplace... quiet, and tranquil.

That was when she caught sight of the kid, and found herself staring in wonder. Crossing her arms as she looked at him work, the beskar-clad stranger did nothing to perturb him, hoping that her own presence in the Force would not alert him: seeing this young man hard at work was quite the mesmerizing sight. Although she mistook him from a crafty kid fiddling about with electronics at first, a quick zoom of her helmet to get a clearer idea of what exactly he was working on revealed the truth to her.

Smithing was an art known to her, but the construction of a lightsaber? Now that was a fair bit more tricky. No, to build a lightsaber, one had to go beyond the art of creating a weapon, and into the difficult territory of mysticism. Assembling a lightsaber was an almost ritualistic venture, and one that lie painfully out of her reach.

Perhaps that was why she found herself so captivated by the sight. Or perhaps it was because of how peaceful the gardens were. Eventually, she resolved to stop gawking in silence, clearing her throat as she approached the kid, all too aware that the cloak she wore did nothing to hide her helmet, or keep a particularly observant individual form noticing her greaves.

"Excuse me", spoke the Mandalorian politely as she approached. "Would you mind if I sit by here?"
gu2mLH5.png

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
@ Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze
alexboarder.png

Braze, absorbed in his work, glanced up as the Mandalorian approached. His eyes briefly lingered on her helmet, a symbol of a faction currently at odds with the Jedi. Despite this, the peaceful setting and her non-hostile demeanor prompted him to set aside any immediate concerns.

He carefully covered his lightsaber components with a velvet cloth, protecting the intricate work he had been focused on. Rising to his feet, Braze moved with a calm demeanor to fetch a wooden bench. He placed it near the garden, an area that radiated tranquility and gestured towards it, inviting the Mandalorian to sit.

"Of course, you're welcome to sit here," Braze said politely, his tone friendly and accommodating. "It's a peaceful spot. I hope you find the tranquility you're looking for." His words were genuine, reflecting the Jedi's ethos of kindness and understanding, "is there anything I can get you? Water or tea perhaps? I don't get many visitors out this far away from the city." Braze offered as he moved to fetch some cleaning solution and a hand towel to clean his hands up.

Braze had carefully placed the wooden bench in what was arguably the most serene part of the garden, where dappled sunlight filtered through the leaves of the massive tree that housed his domicile. The light played on the ground, creating a pattern of light and shadow that added to the tranquil ambiance. The bench was set in a cool, shaded area, offering a spot of relife from the warmth of the sun.

Around the bench, the garden was a lush canvas of edible plants and vibrant flowers. Neat rows of various herbs and vegetables grew in abundance, their leaves a rich green, interspersed with bursts of color from the flowers that bloomed among them. The arrangement was not only practical but aesthetically pleasing, showcasing a harmony between utility and beauty.

The gentle breeze whispered through the branches of the tree, causing them to sway gracefully. The sound of the leaves rustling was a soothing melody. The wind carried with it the fresh, earthy scent of the garden. Birds chirped melodiously from the treetops. The atmosphere was calm and inviting, It was the perfect spot for reflection, a place where one could easily forget the complexities of the galaxy beyond.

Last edited:
Q1C3xHp.png

| Objective | Take a little break, get to know the host.

Jenn found herself anxious at first. As a whole, the Jedi had every reason to dislike her at first glance - whether or not they chose to keep this disdain after that was all up to them, but being given a chance was... something of a tough ask at times. At least, she could only guess that the kid was a Jedi: he might as well just be a Force Sensitive boy without any ties to the Order. But the fact that she found him fiddling about with a lightsaber's components admittedly turned her attention towards the notion of his being a Padawan, given his age and his disposition.

Mercifully, the kid before her was... refreshingly unafraid of her. No, he seemed outright friendly, inviting what most would have perceived as a brutal warrior into the garden. A place of peace and tranquility, evidently- something she valued more than she cared to admit in such troublesome times. For someone largely displeased with urban life, the sights around her were beautiful in their simplicity. Admiring the plants surrounding the bench with clear awe, it took some time for the siren to register the fact that her young host had addressed her.

"I would very much like some tea, please", asked the Mandalorian politely as she brought her hands to her helmet, removing it with a hiss of depressurization. Although such a gesture was normally meant as a sign of trust for friends and loved ones, the fiery-haired warrior found it well and truly rude to keep herself concealed when she was shown such hospitality. So it was that she brought her helmet down on the bench, sitting next to her, and offered the boy a smile.

"This is quite a place you have here", remarked the siren with a soft, appreciative sigh. Curious as she had been about the lightsaber components, the peace of such a place chased all such thoughts away from her mind. For the first time in quite some time, Jenn found herself able to let go of her worries... and that she managed such a feat without disappearing the waters of Scarif was well and truly surprising.

"I am Jenn, Alor of Clan Kryze. Thank you for letting me sit here. I've... hardly ever seen a place as beautiful as this."
gu2mLH5.png

Braze Braze

"Oh, thank you... it took a small while to build it, and I'm pretty happy with it," Braze replied, his voice carrying a note of pride. "I'm glad you like it. I worked on trying to make an enjoyable garden for relaxation. Oh, uh... I'm Braze," he added lightly, offering a warm smile. "Alright, sit tight. I'll be right back."

He ascended a wooden staircase, disappearing into a section of the tall treehouse. Returning shortly, Braze set a small wooden table beside the bench and poured a cup of tea, placing it before the Mandalorian. The tea was hot and fresh, with an entire pot available for refills. He then fetched a saucer from the basket he had brought everything down in and placed three powdered cookies on it for her. "I hope you enjoy," Braze offered softly.

He moved back to his workshop area, tidying up the mess he had strewn about.

"I don't see folks like you here in Lothal very often... what brings you here?" Braze asked, his curiosity evident. His tone was friendly, devoid of any hostility or suspicion, reflecting a genuine interest in his guest's story. He offered her curious glances with that somber jade green gaze as he took in her appearance.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Lothal

"You should be proud, Braze", remarked the Mandalorian warmly, a slight, but genuine smile pulling at her lips. "It's... very peaceful. I don't get to enjoy peace and quiet very often these days, and never quite in a place so beautiful. I'm not very fond of urban places - not when I want to relax, at any rate." The words flowed from her mouth with ease: evidently, the stranger spoke from the heart, honest and true with her host. No matter the fact that he was young enough to be her child: as with anyone else, the Padawan was deserving of respect for his hospitality. An odd concept, for some, to put such responsibility and respect in the hands of someone so young, but then again, Jenn had been raised as a foundling. She knew no other way.

Taking in the time to look around the garden with a tranquil smile whilst Braze went about fetching the tea and the table, the Ersansyr lost herself in admiration of her surroundings. This was but a garden, but after walking the streets talking to all manner of people, it might as well have been a forest to her! Teeming with life, with greenery, with something genuine! Upon the return of her host, however, she redirected all of her attention towards him - and what he brought her. "I have been a guest to many people", observed the Mandalorian softly, her thoughts drifting to her time as a guest of Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru in Dromund Kaas, suddenly thoughtful. "And your hospitality puts that of many others to shame. Thank you kindly."

And with that, she reached for the teacup, the manner in which she held it betraying just how familiar she was with such a beverage - and the proper way to enjoy it, down to the etiquette. Blowing against the tea lightly at first, she then went to take a little sip, eager to see what the taste was like.

"Ah, yes", remarked the Mandalorian as she set down her teacup, removing her cloak to set it aside with her helmet. "I was looking for something, or... someone. A relative of mine. Some chose to join the Sith, and I have been trying to find what's left of them. Offer them a chance to come home, renounce their ways."
gu2mLH5.png

Braze Braze

"You're welcome, miss," Braze said softly as he fetched the bench from his workshop area and moved to set it close to her, offering her some company. He took a seat beside her and visibly relaxed, settling down as he listened attentively to everything she had to say.

"I'm sorry to hear that,"
he responded thoughtfully after a moment of consideration. "Their philosophies can be enticing, drawing people into a vicious cycle that's not easy to break. Their methods might offer temporary relief at the expense of the future. And when emotions run high, it's hard to focus on the present. Sometimes, unresolved pain can drive a person to seek alleviation from any source, regardless of the consequences."

Braze paused, his expression one of empathy. "I don't really know their story, so I can only offer generalizations, but I hope you're able to find them. Do you know why they left? Or what led them to adopt such a life view?" His tone was gentle, conveying genuine concern and a desire to understand her situation better.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Lothal

Jenn closed her eyes as Braze sat beside her and began to ask his questions, clearly lost in thought... and when the words flowed from her lips, her features looked strained. Inhaling deeply through the gills on the side of her neck, she held that breath in for a few seconds, before exhaling softly. "My people are easily lost in pursuit of glory and power, when they are not careful." There was a profound sense of sadness behind her words: her notion of what a Mandalorian should be and that of her kin did not quite line up these days.

"Glory wins over honor, for some. They start to thirst for more, more, always more... and they never have enough. The one I seek is much the same. He discarded everything that makes us warrior-heroes for power. I wish I could say that his was a rare instance, but... no. There are those who betrayed us and sided with the Sith as Mandalore burned. Then, there are those who remain loyal, but lose themselves to hate. And - I think you and I both know what that leads to."

The fiery-haired smith's eyes opened in the wake of those words, a wistful sigh escaping her lips as she turned her gaze to him, her eyes so very full of melancholy indeed. And yet, she graced him with a smile nonetheless, clearly appreciative of his hospitality and kindness. "But I believe in redemption. Peace, Justice, and Truth: those are the three pillars of my Clan."
gu2mLH5.png

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze
alexboarder.png

Braze's expression turned to a soft frown as he listened to Jenn's words, absorbing the weight of her experiences and the sadness that underlined them. He understood the complexities of what she described, the conflict between glory and honor that seemed to plague her people.

"I won't lie, I do enjoy fighting... there's a certain thrill that comes from it, and an even bigger high from winning,"
Braze admitted, his voice reflecting honesty.

"I understand the desire for glory, for freedom, and for power. But what I can't comprehend is how there's any glory in harming civilians... women, children, those who don't fight? I can't see how anyone can find glory in unleashing suffering on the masses, or raining fire down on people. That's not glory. That's a pursuit of complete and absolute rule through oppression and atrocity... it turns them into monsters."

Braze paused, his thoughts deepening. "I think it's a corrupt view of what they wish to use their present power for. Their intentions and end goals aren't altruistic; but are deeply rooted in selfish overindulgence and pleasure in others' suffering," he continued, his tone growing more solemn.

Braze's words were a reflection of his own values and the Jedi teachings he adhered to. There was fine line between using one's abilities for good and succumbing to the darker aspects of power.

"If those are the principles you uphold, then you're already a far better person than many I've encountered," Braze said thoughtfully. "But, as they say, actions speak louder than words. It's one thing to speak of peace, justice, and truth, but living by those values is what truly counts."

He paused, considering the weight of his next words. "It's a tough reality, but it takes a multitude of good deeds to counterbalance even a single grievous act committed by someone in your group. Changing opinions and perceptions is a slow process, often fraught with challenges."

Braze's tone was understanding yet realistic. He knew well the difficulty of overcoming the shadow cast by the actions of others, especially when belonging to a group with a complex reputation. "It's an uphill battle, but one worth fighting. Every step towards doing good, every act that aligns with those noble pillars, slowly but surely helps in reshaping how others see you and your community."

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Lothal
| Objective | Talk philosophy

Jenn listened most intently to what Braze had to say, surprised to find such wisdom held by one so young. First Colette Colette , now him? Finding Padawans blessed with such spirit was rather astounding, but no less appreciated. And yet, his words spoke of something much more familiar to her than what she had seen from his fellow Padawans. His was not Colette's idealism, or the pacifism she shared with Loomi and Shan: and for that, his words held so much more meaning to her.

"Fighting is core to our identity as a people", admitted the Mandalorian with a nod. "Conquest is not, no matter how it might seem from your perspective, but fighting certainly is. We take pride in our status as the galaxy's greatest warriors. And I feel no shame for that." But then... came the part she should have seen coming. It was impossible, it seemed, for her to have a conversation without mention of the philosophy behind the war - or, more accurately, the alleged monstrous acts of her people. Jenn was getting oh-so tired of trying to dispel this image people had made up in their mind about who and what they were as a people. What use was it, for her to speak so very earnestly, when the propaganda machine on both sides all but drowned out her voice?

An Alor she may be, Jenn felt powerless. But, exhausting as the topic may be, the smith found herself respecting the young man for his honesty. Braze certainly did not mince words, nor seek to hide his intent: in that, the two were alike, her commitment to truth ever resolute. "I am not so sure", came her bitter response. "Every day, and every encounter with the Jedi or their allies... is another struggle on my part. I must convince others that I am not a monster for the actions of others, each and every time, and stars forbid I voice any grievances of my own. The more it goes on, the harder it is for me to justify doing all of this. And the more it feels like a waste of time."

gu2mLH5.png

Braze Braze

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

"Well, I'm here to listen if you need to talk," Braze offered with a sincere tone. "Sometimes, just being heard and acknowledged can make a world of difference, especially when it feels like you're up against everything from the start."

He paused, considering his next words carefully. "It's a hard truth to accept that there are bad people in every corner of the galaxy. Often, one person's actions can leave a lasting, negative impression, and that's what makes it so challenging. I've seen terrible things done by those who claim to be Mandalorian, by those who wear Mandalorian armor and helmets. But here I am, not judging you, even though we've never met before."

Braze's expression was thoughtful as he continued. "Even among Jedi, we have our share of those who stray from our ideals, and we strive to hold them accountable. I'm not fully aware of how things work in Mandalorian culture; I admit my ignorance there. I don't know your story or the circumstances that have brought our paths to cross. How could I judge you fairly based on that? It would be arrogant and presumptuous of me to do so, a stance rooted in ignorance."

He leaned slightly forward, emphasizing his willingness to engage in a meaningful dialogue. "All I can offer is an open ear and an open heart. I'm ready to have a genuine conversation, to share and exchange experiences. That's the only way we can truly understand each other." Braze's approach was one of empathy and openness, reflecting his belief in the power of communication and understanding in bridging divides and building connections.

"I wasn't always the best version of myself,"
Braze began, his voice tinged with a hint of reflection. "I'm still dealing with the consequences of actions I once took. It's a tough journey, trying to change how others see you, especially when you're trying to change yourself."

He paused for a moment, gathering his thoughts. "If I may share a bit of what I've learned from being seen in a not-so-favorable light... I've found that sometimes, it's important to just take a step back and breathe. Realize that those who don't really know you, who are more interested in fueling negative interactions and reputations, they're not worth your energy. They're not worth the effort it takes to engage with them, the breath it takes to talk to them, or even the thought of considering their opinions."

Braze's expression softened, conveying empathy. "It's about focusing on those who truly matter – the ones who are willing to see you for who you are now, not who you were. It's about valuing the relationships that are built on genuine understanding and mutual respect. Those are the interactions that are truly worthwhile."

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Lothal
| Objective | Talk Philosophy

"It certainly can", agreed the Mandalorian with a nod, taking another sip from her cup of tea, before putting it down once more. "I know I am owed nothing. My people are owed nothing, not after Rhodia, Ryloth, Thyferra, Ukatis, Kiffu, Yag'Dhul... a list that will only grow longer and longer each and every single time I say it. And that's just recent history." There was a pause, then, as she reached to take one of the powdered cookies from the saucer, taking a tentative little bite out of it, falling quiet as she listened to Braze's words with keen interest. Such wisdom, in one so young... surely, it must have come at a price. One did not acquire such an understanding of the Galaxy and its truth without hardship, without tasting the cruel and often bitter truth of just what truly lie behind every last--

That line of thought came to an end as she found herself listening most eagerly to the young man's retelling of his more... tumultuous past - or, perhaps more accurately, of the lessons he had learned from that past. The consequences he had faced for his actions. Young as he may be, Braze held an understanding of where to put one's efforts that would put many others to shame, and the Mandalorian could not help but find herself awed by such wisdom... and yet, a little worried. How much hardships had he faced, to obtain such insight?

"In our culture, dishonor is not confined to a single person. When one acts dishonorably, the stain of such an action spreads to the rest of their aliit - their Clan, their family, and, in a sense, all of our people. But we are not a monolithic culture, Braze, and we tend to... disagree, on what is and isn't an honorable act." Another pause, and another sip of her tea, her gaze peering into his eyes, as if trying to find any sign of judgement, of something that would tell her not to continue this line of inquiry. But... no. The ashen-haired boy offered her compassion, empathy, understanding. Qualities all too absent from the Galaxy, these days.

"You have shown me hospitality and respect. I find that you are worth the energy, Braze. Whatever actions you once took... you have clearly learned from them."
gu2mLH5.png

Braze Braze

Braze listened intently to the Mandalorian's words, absorbing the depth of her reflections on her culture and the burdens of dishonor. When she acknowledged his hospitality and respect, he felt a sense of validation for the path he had chosen.

"Thank you for your kind words," Braze would respond, his tone thoughtful. "I've learned that our actions, good or bad, don't just affect us. They ripple out to those around us, our families, our communities. It's a heavy responsibility, but.... it's also what connects us."

He paused for a moment, considering her perspective on Mandalorian culture. "I understand that honor can be a complex concept, varying greatly even within a single culture. It's important to remember that we're all individuals, each with our own paths and choices... Sometimes that sentiment just gets... lost."

Braze's eyes met hers, conveying a lack of judgment. "I believe in learning from our past, not being defined by it. We all have the capacity for change and growth. Your journey, like mine, is unique, and it's clear you carry your experiences with a deep understanding, and reflection."

He smiled gently, "Hospitality and respect are simple acts, but they can bridge worlds. I'm glad to have offered them to you. We all deserve a chance to be seen for who we are now, not just for our past actions."

Braze fell into a contemplative silence, his gaze drifting to the gardens around him. He took a slow, deep breath, feeling a growing sense of unease in the pit of his chest. A slight frown formed on his features, reflecting the turmoil of his thoughts. His mind, usually so active and alert, was now caught in a whirlwind of introspection, a relentless inner monologue that offered no rest.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Objective | Talk Philosophy

"I used to think that good intentions made for good choices", admitted the Mandalorian quietly. "That, no matter what, setting out to do good meant one's path would always be in the light. Only... well. It doesn't quite work out that way, and it took me a long time to understand what I was supposed to do after realizing that."

A wistful sigh, followed by a teasip, and a short pause as the armored figure looked for a way to express herself, and how she had grown from her days as a zealous warrior, lashing out against the world in grief and heartbreak. "I forge my intent in the fire of truth, now. And sometimes, it makes a difference - being honest has allowed me to befriend a woman I should have called my enemy. Now, I hold her dearly in my heart as the greatest friend one can ever ask for." There was... a certain gentleness to her voice. Jedi or not, she held that woman in high esteem, respecting her for her strength of will, even when it brought the two of them to disagree.

And Jenn hoped the stars would see to it that it only ever remained disagreements. That they would never cross lightsabers with one another.

Braze was a refreshing soul to behold, kind and contemplative, respectful and thoughtful: someone worth respecting, to be sure, but worth helping as well. His eyes betrayed no judgement, and his words were polite and pleasant - and yet, so very far from sycophantic. So, when he fell quiet and looked to the beauty of the garden surrounding them, she found herself tilting her head to the side, the sight of his frown bringing her to action.

"If it can help, I would be honored to lend an ear, if you need one." A kind offer, to be sure, but one given lightly, that he may respectfully refuse it without any bad feelings between the two.
gu2mLH5.png

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze
alexboarder.png

Braze watched her with a thoughtful expression, his head tilting slightly as he absorbed her words. He spoke softly, his voice carrying a tone of understanding. "It sounds like you've developed a deep love for them," he said, referring to the bond she described. "That's a powerful thing."

He paused for a moment, considering his own situation. "As for me, I've been learning that maybe it's best not to give voice to everything that's bothering me. It seems to push people away, and that's the last thing I want." His gaze drifted away, reflecting a sense of introspection. "I don't think there's a straightforward solution to my problems. I feel guilty about them, but all I can really do is practice to be better than I was before. Because what I was... who I was... wasn't enough."

Braze's voice carried a somber undertone as he reflected on recent events that had left a profound impact on him. "I'm beginning to understand life in its true form, with all its harsh realities," he said thoughtfully. "And I'm learning to navigate my way through these feelings, trying to find a method to cope with them."

His gaze seemed distant for a moment, as if he were looking beyond the immediate surroundings, contemplating something that drew his mind else where.

"Jedi aren't supposed to be warriors... but that's what I want to be."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom