Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forced to Writer

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Well, this is pretty basic. I keep occasionally (and seemingly randomly) getting thrown back to my Writer's Account. In the middle of posting. Editing. Even browsing. Though the former are much more frustrating for obvious reasons. I'm sure it's just the site hiccuping again, but I thought to make a note of it in case it's something substantial.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. I have a few questions that will help staff investigation:
  • What platform and application do you use for web browsing? e.g. Apple computer with Safari
  • Do you switch to different tabs/windows/browsers while typing your post and switch to different characters?
  • Do you begin writing your post with the account you wish to post with?
  • Do you have a timestamp (such as a specific post) of the time when this happens? If not, please immediately post in this thread as soon as you experience this problem once again so that the Staff Team can easily find the error in our logs.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
  • Windows 8 Professional with Google Chrome
  • None of the above
  • Yes
  • No, it happened once more in between this posting and your reply but I will post any further repetitions as they occur

This issue is new, it never happened before. Before, I could log out and come back a whole day later to the account I left off on. It's never flashed to my Writer while I have been actively on before. It may be related to the other issue I was having with my account being synced to Facebook and the steps I took to try and resolve that issue, though I can't be certain they're related at all.

Due to your answers, the best course of action that you could do to help will be to post in this thread the moment this problem occurs.

The Staff Team can still check error logs, yet the time span of 4 hours is still a long time for errors, especially if this stems from something due to SQL.

I might be out of place to answer this, but I know on some forums with BBC (assuming its hosted through say forumotion or something) if you have multiple browsers of different types (chrome, ie, firefox etc) you can get switched to an account from one of the other browsers. Maybe just make sure your logged out. But I doubt the site is glitching out.

What I mean is; if you have account a) logged in on fire fox and account b ) logged in on chrome even if your using a) and b ) isnt even opened through chrome, I've had experiences where the forum switches accounts for whatever reason, I found logging out of everything on all browsers fixed it.

If you're being forced out of your account, I instantly think two things: you're blocking cookies somehow whether you know it or not, or you're accidentally logging in at multiple occasions or browsers simultaneously.

Report back to this thread with more info to see if we can help you.

I looked at the error logs we have. There was no instance that would involve you logging into different profiles.

I'm inclined to agree with Tefka, too. Saving which account you're logged on at the moment is tied into your browser's settings and cookies. It's also affected by any other browser that you may be using for this site even if the browsers are on different devices.

I've had this problem pop on my phone before, it will lock me into my current account. Refreshing the page or switching accounts will sometimes get it to reload the account I switched to, but sometimes reloading another page forces me back. It's a bit screwy.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Daella Apparine said:
I looked at the error logs we have. There was no instance that would involve you logging into different profiles.

I'm inclined to agree with Tefka, too. Saving which account you're logged on at the moment is tied into your browser's settings and cookies. It's also affected by any other browser that you may be using for this site even if the browsers are on different devices.
That's just it - wasn't on any other browser, tab or device when this was happening, and it seems to only have been a frequent occurrence during that one window of time throughout the afternoon when I kept having this issue. It hasn't happened again since.
Mind you, I was using the same system and browser as usual when this happened, and it's never done that on a pc to me before.
I'm not claiming it's the site, or not somehow the computer. I'm just saying that it is possible that it is site related, and it was weird and eventual, it seems.

Akio Kahoshi said:
I've had this problem pop on my phone before, it will lock me into my current account. Refreshing the page or switching accounts will sometimes get it to reload the account I switched to, but sometimes reloading another page forces me back. It's a bit screwy.
I, too, have that problem but I think it's more because of how some mobile devices handle cookies.

That actually reminds me of something. Tefka, were you able to figure out any solution to my FB-only login/PS Vita not cookieing only my Writer's account issue? Was it im/possible to transfer my character accounts to the new Writer I made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom