Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Force-Tech ES-32 Shield System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Mass-Produced version of the Force-Tech Prototype Shield System
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: Myself
  • Primary Source: Force-Tech Prototype Shield System
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Energy Shield
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Lightsabers: None
    • Ion/EMP: Very High
    • Radiation: Very High
    • Biological: None
    • Disruptors: Very High
    • Extreme Temperatures: None
    • Fire: Average*
    • Ice: Average*
    • Lightning: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Zûtsina Casing Prevents Overheating
  • Combination Deflector, Ray, Ion Shield, and Particle Shield
  • Rapid Deployment and Recharge
  • Compatible with any Computer and Sensor Suite a Starship might have
STRENGTHS
  • Shield is very strong against Energy, Kinetic, Ion/EMP, and Disruptor, and Radiation damage.
  • The shield deployment and recharge cool down are extremely quick.
WEAKNESSES
  • Does not stop lightsabers from getting through and striking the hull of the ship.
  • Does not keep out anything biological, from viruses to people.
  • Provides no protection against any threats inside the shield.
  • Though the housing boasts some resistance, Ion/EMP damage done directly to the shield projector itself may still potentially shut down the shield.
  • Requires a pre-installed sensor array.
DESCRIPTION
After trying to order a shield system for his starship that seems to be discontinued, Corbin Vasher tasked Force-Tech with developing their own brand of shields. They presented Corbin with this prototype for him to test. It was painstakingly built with extreme attention to detail and developed into a compact and lightweight design. The prototype ended up being stronger than intended and is very strong against all sorts of oncoming damage. It has been tuned to ignore biological organism, so that Corbin could enter and exit his ship with the shields on. This has the unfortunate side-effect of allowing potentially enemies to easily breach the shield. It also does not keep out any biological weapons such as viruses. Also, to accommodate the fact that Corbin carries a lightsaber, the shield was designed to completely ignore lightsaber signatures, meaning any person with a lightsaber can effortlessly bypass the shield to hack at the ship's hull.
Agrinium mesh lining and chromium in the circuitry help protect the housing itself from Ion/EMP damage, but any that bypasses this limited protection could damage the shield, rendering it useless. This means that an enemy could potentially run right through the shield, into the ship, find the shield projector, and hit it with a crippling Ion blast. This would be more difficult to do in space, but is still possible.
The system itself consists of the main housing unit, which is about half the size of a standard shield generator, and tiny linked projectors placed at key points around the ship. The main unit produces the main field of the shields in a bubble surrounding the ship. The smaller units together produce a second shield inside the first that sits on top of the ship itself. Any attack that manages to bypass the first shield also has to get through the second shield, which makes this especially effective against Radiation, which the shields absorb and siphon out behind and away from the ship.
With compact design of the unit, and the tiny linked units, the system is actually rather energy efficient. It doesn't require any more energy than normal shield systems and boasts a rather quick deployment and recharge time.
After 32 attempts at different variations of the Force-Tech Prototype Shield System (mostly fine-tuning and choosing a suitable material for the housing), Force-Tech finally came up with a shield system it was satisfied with for mass-production (though the prototype still remains available to very select customers). The main difference is that the lyadtr steel housing of the prototype was replaced with Zûtsina, eliminating the need for any cooling units. This also brings the smaller size up to the standard size, with a little extra weight due to how heavy the metal is.

* Though the shields provide some protection against Fire and Ice, it does not provide any protection from the change in temperature associated with them.

Last edited:
Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Hello I will be taking care of this.

What do you mean by all others? GIve some example
I use this to mean that it functions as the item normally (as in what an standard version of this kind of item) would against any particular damage I don't have listed. I only ever delegate it to average because of that. It's easier than listing every single type of potential damage I can think of. Haven't had an issues before, but I can expand it if you want me to for this particular one, if it helps.
EDIT: I went ahead and changed it to Fire, Ice, and Lightning damage, all average. Should be good enough. Also added a little fottnote that the shield only protects against direct fire and ice damage, not temp change associated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom