Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force Sense possible applications-Could this happen?

I looked up Force Sense on the wookiee and didn't find much there to go on, it was sorta a snub article with what apparently had no other links to it, it did have a "danger sense" and "clear mind" yet I highly doubt they are what I am searching for.

Wanted to train up Mallory's Force Sense ability but had a sort of unique thing I wanted to ask the community if it could be a possibility for a later advanced application for it.

2 possibilities here.

The first being a time slowing application: Through her force sense and sensing danger around her she could slow the events down in her mind and allow for her to quickly process events that are in her immediate surroundings. Time to her will have slowed enough, but in reality time is still the same. (I hope this makes any sense)

The second being a more investigatory sense for the force user: this would be used to in her mind reconstruct the area around a certain scene of a crime, through a mental sense of the surroundings she could literally in her mind reconstruct what had happened through the will of the force. (this like usual would not be a given definite since it would have flaws to make it not seem OP or god mode)

Now, I ain't one of the more knowledgeable, tried to do a search for this type of stuff for the force.. came up empty, so if there are actually force abilities that allow this please direct me to a source.

Anyway thanks for reading, I hope to figure out a way to bring either of these into my character progression.

it would also be nice to see about how to train these applications, any help or advice would be appreciated. :D

Bunker-level Normal
Mallory Pryde said:
The first being a time slowing application: Through her force sense and sensing danger around her she could slow the events down in her mind and allow for her to quickly process events that are in her immediate surroundings. Time to her will have slowed enough, but in reality time is still the same. (I hope this makes any sense)
I think what you're looking for is just speedy reaction times. This is more of a general Force User trait, it seems, than a skill directly attached to Force Sense.

QUI-GON: They have Podracing on Malastare. Very fast, very dangerous.
ANAKIN: I'm the only human who can do it.
QUI-GON: You must have Jedi reflexes if you race Pods.

[member="Tirdarius"]
Thanks old friend, that is alot like what I sorted wanted to do..

[member="Captain Jordan"]
I got that tbh.. just wasn't entirely sure if it would work or not.

as I stated, I am not the more knowledgeable of the abilities, so trying my best to figure it all out. I also literally suck at doing searches most the time. :p

but thanks for the help already. :)

Precognition and Psychometry are your best bets [member="Mallory Pryde"]

The former is the ability of Foresight, to sense danger - specifically when used as Battle Precognition - and prophetic visions

The latter is the opposite, in fact it's also referred to as Postcognition, and relates to relaying the events that touched an object (Eg, picking up a shoe and finding out it was worn by Darth Vader during the Battle of Endor :p )

Note that these aren't the easiest of skills to learn, especially not to master, with Precognition in the long-term sense (eg Prophetic Visions) being extremely unreliable: the Future is ever in motion!

Hope this helps you out, some!

[member="Kobe Seren"]
Thanks... I have mallory using Premonition at times, and have played it sort of as being weak so far since her "vision" was just seeing parts of a body (i.e. eyes staring at her/etc) so yea, I sorta got that one figured out. :)

Trying to make mallory sort of limited in combat based abilities since the only combat based skills I want her to master are her saber art forms while having enough passive abilities merely for character progression. Sort of like a "makeup" effect for her personal storyline.

so thanks. I appreciate the help. :)

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Actually, this might prove a little more useful. If you look at it not from the singular power of Force Sense but instead the Aspect of the Force known as Sense, then you may find even more than you had intended :)

Here you go

All Force Powers fit into one of three Aspects, Alter, Sense and Control :)

Alter relates to any Force Power that directly alters the world/universe around the user - eg, Telekinesis, Lightning

Sense relates to any Force Power that directly alters the user's perceptions of the Galaxy, their senses - eg, Psychometry, Force Sight

Control relates to any Force Power that directly affects the user themselves - eg, Force Speed, Force Healing

This is one of those threads that would be over in about two lines if the Force hadn't been demystified so much and quantified into "powers." It's gone over many times in the movies that a Jedi has to "feel the Force" in order to predict enemy attacks, and it's well established that precognition - reading the currents of the Force - is the only way Force users can deflect blaster bolts. Quantifying the whole of Jedi extrasensory into three or four "powers" is just silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom