Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force Dead and the Yuuzhan Vong

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]
Here's a general list of things which I would think fall under this (I'm probably going to describe things badly, so if you can think of a general theme based on the following then that probably will work best):
  • Force dead armor which allows the wearer to continue to utilize the force. (As per my example above)
  • Equipment which protects the wielder from the force, or nullifies it, but allows them to continue to make use of it.
Well that was shorter than I thought, but really it comes down to force dead armor or equipment (i.e; things you wear/hold) which protect the person using it from the force substantially but continue to allow them to use the force with very few limitations.

Edit: To clarify, if the submission states it will protect the user from the force by way of negating it, and if asked the submitter states that their character would still be able to use the force because of xyz, it would fall under the above.

Netherworld

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Braith Achlys said:
Here's a general list of things which I would think fall under this (I'm probably going to describe things badly, so if you can think of a general theme based on the following then that probably will work best):
  • Force dead armor which allows the wearer to continue to utilize the force. (As per my example above)
  • Equipment which protects the wielder from the force, or nullifies it, but allows them to continue to make use of it.
Well that was shorter than I thought, but really it comes down to force dead armor or equipment (i.e; things you wear/hold) which protect the person using it from the force substantially but continue to allow them to use the force with very few limitations.

Edit: To clarify, if the submission states it will protect the user from the force by way of negating it, and if asked the submitter states that their character would still be able to use the force because of xyz, it would fall under the above.
As I said on the previous page, and especially with the above clarification/refinement, I think putting a restriction on it is fair. It's something that could be (and likely probably is) considered an exploit by many, and due to the nature of such things I'd say that a 10 post challenge isn't too much to ask for.

That being said, we had direct examples and complaints regarding ysalamir abuse and/or overabundance; like [member="Cira"] pointed out, have there been similar, specific complaints regarding the usage of the Force by FUs while wearing Force-dead/absent armor or other equipment?

I know there's a lot of complaints about Vong stuff in general, but I haven't spotted anything relating to this particular issue, and as far as I know, Chaos staff policy is to be reactive, not proactive.

I think [member="Raziel"] also had some thoughts on the matter?

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
Tbh I see 10 posts as an okay thing but my input again, could we consider shifting it up to 20-25 a
so it would definitely offer the challenge. I'm sure most people have a NFU so it would be exactly playing like that for them. As for a NFU obtaining it they can bottom line 15-20 to even the playing field as I would see it more of a challenge for them.

Sanya Val Lerium said:
Tbh I see 10 posts as an okay thing but my input again, could we consider shifting it up to 20-25 a
so it would definitely offer the challenge. I'm sure most people have a NFU so it would be exactly playing like that for them. As for a NFU obtaining it they can bottom line 15-20 to even the playing field as I would see it more of a challenge for them.
The minimum requirement for a development thread has been and should remain at 10 posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom