Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For The Fallen

The Silent Temple
Teth, Wild Space

Ten years he had spent on this planet, becoming what he had always intended; a protector. Ten years of honing his skills in the arts of the lightsaber, his understanding of the Force and the knowledge it brings, and from studying under Teynara he was now proficient in the arts of healing - both through the use of medicine as well as the Force. His body had been shaped into that of a man of great strength through the rigorous training sessions Jaxton had him undergo, coupled with the wisdom granted to him by Teynara over the years, and his heart was strengthened by the love of Kida and his family of Conclave members. Needless to say, Thurion had learned much this last decade, even though most of it was spent without Asha.

Asha Seren - she had served as master and mother both to the boy throughout his youth, and after all these years spent without her at his side, holding his hand so lovingly as she so often would, his heart was still shattered by the fact. The love he felt for her was beyond the boundaries of life and death, and while having Kida by his side throughout this troublesome ordeal have helped him immensely, the fact remained; Asha was dead. Dead and buried, with only a piece of her robes to serve as a memento. It was his most cherised possession, and one he'd always keep on his person wherever he went. This day was for her, and the memories he had of her.

The wind blew at a steady pace, yet it was soothing and caring, and the sun shone upon his face as he was sat on his knees at the foot of her grave, her solemn headstone staring back at him. His breaths were calm, as was his spirit, aided further by the caressing winds blowing through his golden hair and newly grown beard. Closing his eyes, he could still see her, smiling back at him and holding out her hand for him to grab onto, yet whenever he would try to do so she would disappear and cause him such great distress every time. Maybe... this time would be different? Perhaps this one time it would work, and she would take his hand to let him know everything would be fine. His eyes closed, Thurion slowly extended his right hand towards the headstone, yet in his mind Asha was there, offering him to hold her hand once more.

Alas, this would not be the time, and he was abruptly awoken from his daze as soon as her apparition faded away, just as he always had been before. At this time @[member="Jaxton Ravos"] had entered the scene, his Force signature shining like a beacon. Turning his head to look up at the blue-haired warrior, Thurion was almost about to grab hold of the man's leg, like a toddler would his father when seeking care and attention. "Forgive me, Master. I was just... remembering her." Returning his gaze to the headstone which had the name 'Asha Seren' engraved upon it, his fingers swept through the waving grass surrounding him, savouring the relaxing feeling it would bring him to do so. "Ten years and the loss of her has yet to go away, Jax." Again looking up at his mentor, Thurion's eyes were filled with doubt of himself. "What if she thinks I am not ready?"

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Jaxton stood behind Thurion Heavenshield, a man he'd seen grown in more ways than one in the past decade. While his beginning with the Silent Conclave as it was called wasn't the greatest, as his teacher was lost in an explosion. It caused the boy a lot of grief back then, but he had pushed his way through it. Overcame, but never forgot. Even now he was wondering about how she'd judge his progress, what she'd think of him. He decided that if Kida spoke of him like that ten years after he was dead that he'd have lived a good life and done his job well.

"Then she'd spend about twenty minutes with Teynara and I and change her mind." He reassured. The boy had put in the work. "And there's no apology needed. Our experiences, our relationships make us who we are. Shape us into what we are today. You've remembered her teaching and because of that, and a little help from others along the way, you've turned out into a fine young man." He said, almost fatherly in tone. "Now, Thurion. Forgetting the opinions of Asha, Teynara, and mysel, do you believe you are ready?"

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Lowering his gaze back down onto the headstone staring back at him, Thurion reached inside his robes to find the piece of cloth which had belonged to Asha. It was fully intact, about the size of a dish rag, yet in the same pristine order as it was at the time he'd torn it from Asha's robes. His fingers brushed lightly against its surface, tracing any and every line of the fabric; it felt like Asha. Head tilted down as in prayer, he looked at it with eyes full of sorrow. "I don't believe anyone is ready, truly ready to undertake the responsibility knighthood brings, Jax. Those that do think themself worthy of the title I deem not to be. It is something that is earned, not given, and not something to be taken lightly." That was his answer to the former Jedi Master, and whether he deemed it acceptable or not rested with him alone. "I only want to protect people; innocent lives, you who are my family, and... and Kida." He looked up at Jax once again, and part of him wished that she had joined them.

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton nodded at the man's last words, the desire to protect was one he understood quite well. His answer on whether or not he was prepared was good, though seemed almost rehearsed.

"Well then, let me show you something." He said, and nodded for Thurion to follow. "I wouldn't say what we're about to do is traditional Knighthood, but we're not traditional people." He said as he headed to a small freighter "And in truth, there is no lesson I can teach you that is more important than to adapt. The galaxy is a big place, and a strange place. No two planets are quite the same, and there are thousands upon thousands of them you could walk in a lifetime, through your own experiences or meeting people who have been influenced by the culture." He said, as they arrived in the freighter. "Get us offworld will ya?" He asked, wanting to see the man punch them out.

Thurion rose to his feet, and despite his reluctance to tear his sight from Asha's headstone, he turned and followed Jaxton. He remained quiet as he listened to his elder's words, for he knew better than to interrupt the wisdom granted by one of greater experience. He nodded as Jax finished speaking, and they found themselves inside a freighter. It had been some time since last time Thurion set foot inside a ship, for he would spend years at a time on Teth devoting himself to training and meditation. Once the ship took off up into the skies did he open his mouth. "Where are we going, Jax?" he asked, calm and focused in tone.

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Jaxton Ravos

"A world untouched since the plague." He said as they left the atmosphere and Jaxton began plotting the hyperspace jump. "The farther away you get from the Core the less exposed people become to galactic politics, expansion, and ascendency to hyperdrive technology." He said as. Light bended around them as they entered hyperspace, getting closer to their destination.

"While it's good, at least in my opinion, to stay out of the influence of the super-powers, allow some self development, it puts some people on the harsher worlds unable to progress. I'd like to try to help these people, but the question is how best to do it."

He looked at his mentor as he spoke, yet he remained quiet as his gaze then trailed off to look out a nearby window just a they entered hyperspace. It was something he still found intriguing as well as intimidating, ever since just a boy; to be able to jump through space like that, on a moment's notice - it was incomprehensible. He'd never been that well-schooled when it came to technology or Starships overall, and so he still retained the fascinations of his youth. He didn't even know how to read before Asha found him and had him taught by one of her older padawans. Piloting a ship was something he had dabbled in throughout his training, but he would never consider himself an adept pilot by any means. He turned and looked at Jax. "What if... they don't need saving? Maybe they feel like they can survive on their own, without any system-wide government infringing upon their culture and laws?" He did not ask out of spite against his friend, it was mostly just him thinking aloud. "What if our intervention ultimately causes more harm than good?" he wondered, while keeping a concerned look on his face. "How do we know when to step in and act, and when to stand aside and let things take its course?"

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton didn't look at Thurion, instead continued to monitor their small freighter and making sure everything was going according to plan. "It's like being ready for Knighthood Thurion." He said as he adjusted a few minor things to make sure their hyperspace ride was comfortable. "There is no way to know what the future holds. Some gifted and experienced in the Force can see visions of the future but they're only projections, possibilities. Subject to change." He said, before turning and looking at the man.

"I can't tell you what will or won't happen, or if what course you choose to take is wrong or right. All I can tell you to do is look and listen as much as you can, and trust your gut when you need to make a decision. You'll make mistakes, we all do, but I don't think we have the gift of the Force to sit around and do nothing. I don't think we go out and fight people for no reason, but I don't think idleness is our calling." Jaxton continued, before they jumped out of hyperspace.

"But, I'm not always right. We might be called to just sit and watch today, or tomorrow, or forever. I don't know. Today I'm not going to make the decisions. I'm going to follow you, watch, and listen. When you don't think you can prepare anymore we can land, and we'll see how it goes." He finished, letting go of the controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom