Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply For The Best

y0ZHF35.png

Objective: Eat before training
Tags: OPEN FOR JEDI
div1.png

Within the cafeteria of the Jedi temple, a lonely figure ate alone. Silas was preparing for another late training and first, he'd have to get some nasty grub into his system. A hot meat stew was on the cards for tonight, and it wasn't any better than the soup he had last week. It wasn't made to be nice by any means, it was made to help create the physic of a warrior and keep them going through any scenario of combat. The only sacrifice made was the taste, but if it helped make him into the shape he is today then he still wouldn't be taking it on a daily basis.

As of late, he had been preparing to learn a new force power that required him to be in the best shape possible. Force repulse required a lot of energy and physical strain to achieve, if he wasn't to be able to do it he'd need to make sure he was more than ready to deal with its effects. So for today, he'd be doing strength training to build up resistance for his muscles.

It was a power he had been thinking about for a long time and now that he had grown more powerful he was more than capable of at least giving it a go. The power itself could prove to be a lifesaver on the battlefield, all he hoped was that it never came to that...

Last edited:
A man can change his stars
Sitting down, I started to chow down hard on my food. The training I have been doing was quite different. Plus, its been a while since I have trained with jedi. Or been in war. I have become relaxed in my state. Needed to get back into shape just to be okay. However, I had this feeling. My mind was being almost assaulted. Looking around, I saw who was causing it.

One of the Padawans who was almost emitting their emotions outwards. Disapproval, not quite anger, but also doubts were in their emotions. Standing up, I realized they weren't doing it on purpose. I closed the distance casually. Leaning down over the table and looked at him.

"Hey man, Sorry to interupt your food, but your mind is scrambled the hell up. Projecting it without thinking is making my head hurt. Can you try to control that a little bit?"

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

y0ZHF35.png

Tags: Kaleleon Kaleleon
div1.png

Picking up his spoon Silas dunked it into the bowl and was about to place it in his mouth. However, a newcomer who had just entered seemed to have a problem. Not with anything physical, but with how he was thinking. The knight slowly lowered his spoon and turned his body to face him, his right brow raising curiously to the man's request.

"Excuse me?" Silas asked with a bit of surprise in his tone, clearly not understanding where he was coming from "All I'm doing is sitting here preparing myself for a long night of training. Things like that do take a good bit of mental preparation"

Looking at him closely Silas had never really seen him before. Sooner or later he was bound to find out though...

Last edited:
A defeated sigh escaped my lips as the young man did not quite understand what I was saying. I moved to sit down right in front of him. Taking a second to breath so I wouldn't get angry and snap at him. As he was still having confusing thoughts.

"Yes, your focusing so hard on your training, you are projecting those thoughts around you. Which I can feel. Think of it like this. Instead of talking to you like I am, controlled, I would be grabbing a megaphone and screaming into it right next to your ear. Your thoughts, are screaming in my ear. So I am trying to ask you to bring down your volume."

I understood the amount of concentration of that he was trying to have about this training. Even more so since I had done this exact same thing before to someone else. So I was trying to be as nice as I could while I still had his emotions, screaming in my own head.

y0ZHF35.png

Tags: Kaleleon Kaleleon
div1.png

Silas watched calmly as the fellow Jedi sat down in front of him and explained his reasoning for the strange question. He'd slowly nod and look the newcomer in the eyes "In all my years of a Jedi you're the first Jedi that has complained about that" he said with a brief smile as he tried to slow his mind down in the background.

"If you don't mind me asking, how are you so in tune with what other people think? can you just ignore what other people are doing and focus on yourself?"

Having a quick try of his stew, he did well to hide the crap taste it provided "What are you doing up this late anyway, you got the same idea as me and training while there's no one around?"

In tune with the mental processes of individuals? Sure. This was mostly due to training in defensive barriers of all kinds. Including those of the mind. Being able to shut off access to the mental facilities of one's self, in turn, could make you more in tune with others who may not be. When letting down those barriers, it made others who could have accidentally let their thoughts run wild, become as if they were talking directly into your ear, yet be quite a distance away. However, a short and sweet way to explain this to this Jedi was my moment taken to gather thoughts and words.

"I practice the arts of barriers and shields. Including those of the mind. So when I am not actively preventing attempts like that, it allows one to be able to have a better sense of thoughts of others around them. Learning to block them, is also learning to receive them. Yes, ignoring them is possible. Just sometimes, powerful thoughts influenced by emotions can make those voices and thoughts much stronger than expected or anticipated."

After explaining this to him, he asked why I was also up so late, assuming that it was for training. Shrugging my shoulders lightly with a tilt of the head, I answered very easily without a second to spare.

"Sure, training may be a part of it, but mostly because I enjoy having some privacy and separation from others. Easier to do when others are asleep or away. I like having time to myself if I need it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom