Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Science!

Naboo. A beautiful, temperate world full of temperate forests, swamps, underwater cites, and sprawling ground cities.

Cassiopeia looked out the window of the small village inn. The dew from the morning was still on the plants, some birds could be heard chirping in the distance. It was a fairly relaxing start of the day, truly. She even had already had a small breakfast. She put away her holopad into her backpack, which contained several items that could be used to analyze animals and plants, collect samples, and much more. Her primary goal was to obtain genetic samples to create or revitalize species that initially inhabited Mandalore. Ultimately, it was a desire to help increase the terraforming & the biodiversity of Mandalore. She headed out of the hotel's room and outside. She stood off to the edge, waiting for Rex.

The climate was nice and they weren't planning on going to the mountains or the hotter parts of Naboo. As such, she wore simple pair of jeans, a white shirt, and a small light pink sweater. Simple, could keep her warm if it got nippy, and comfortable to move around in.

She leaned against the wall, her backpack on her, ready to begin their hike into the woods. It was early, so she hoped he didn't oversleep or something.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Naboo. Such a world didn't like confederates nor droids very well. So he had left his usual companion Crow behind. Which was a shame he enjoyed the droid as a companion. Rex had woken up earlier than [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] and had thus gone to meditate like he does every morning. He quietly sat among the grass blades reaching out with the force he feels each grass blade with it's dew drop. The bugs along the ground going along their ways to survive.

He was here to collect specimens to help the CIS. Especially with his new underground labs, they need some new planets, he wasn't here for animals but he could still take some notes on them. He kind of knew why Cassiopeia was here as he had heard about the ME's terraforming plans. Sighing he got up and hid his force signature again. He was wearing some non-descriptive clothing so he didn't stand out to much.

Once he made it back he found Cassiopeia leaning against a wall. "You ready to find some new planets and that?"

Cassiopeia sighed as she took in the village. It was a quaint, cute little village. A picture perfect place to raise a family, have kids, take care of your grandparents, all that fun junk.

her mind snapped back as she saw her Chiss friend come towards her. She smiled, waved a little and met him half way. She grinned, laughed a little bit, "Heck yeah. Let's do it." She completed it with a confirmation nod.

She pointed and began walking towards a trail that was surrounded by forest. "So, this town is basically in the middle of everything. To our west, we have swamps. To our east, its this temperate forests. To our North, we'll start hitting the mountains. All in all - it's probably at least 2 hour walk there no matter where we go."

With that, she perked a brow, "Where do you want to go first? I also got some lunches packed in case we can't find anywhere to eat."

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex smiles "You made a excellent choice choosing this area then. Hmm I thinking the forests first, at the very least we won't be wet." He looked around the small town it looked amazing. A small bakery and the pub they had stayed in. With a few house here and there.

"Good Idea to pack some lunch [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] I can see why Kaine wanted you as a part of his clan now." He checked he still had his holopad along with several empty vials and his light sabres. He might be here to explore and it shouldn't be dangerous. But just in case something does.

She nodded. "I thought so. Kinda far walk, but Naboo is a beautiful planet. And we came at a time of perfect weather." She grinned as she started walking towards the the path that led to the forest. "There is a few floral species of interest that we can get, but there is a lot of animals. I need some blood samples from them... I got tranqs in my bag."

She smiled, a little bit of pride showing through as Rex complimented her. She did her best and so, compliments made her feel a bit happy. Granted, she wasn't the best by all means. She got lucky to meet Kaine & Caz. It was luck that got her to where she was.

After about 30 minutes of walking, they began to truly get inside the dense, covered flower. "We can probably start getting some samples here," she said quietly, stopping for a moment to take in the beauty of the forest.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"You are right it is a beautiful planet, I still prefer snow planets though they have their own beauty." Rex smiled following [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"]. "Yes I am looking for any flowering or fruiting planets. As for animals not as much although if you need samples I am more than willing to help you with them." Rex said still smiling looking down at the lapel on his coat. He had worn it just in case but thinking more about it maybe he didn't need it. He hoped.

They finally came to a clearing with some flowers. "Yes I think we can." He said as he began taking samples of pollen and nectar and the DNA of the plants he would regrow them later on. "So why are you here Cassiopeia, why are you collecting samples of planets and animals? just out of scientific curiosity."

She gave Rex a smile, nodding. Snow planets were beautiful as well. She enjoyed boreal forests, with large, roaming mountain ranges. Probably different than a strictly snow planet, but rocky, boreal planets tended to have harsh winters.

She nodded, making a note to keep on the lookout for what he was looking for. She nodded, "Thank you. If we can get close enough to take a few hairs, scales, or whatever, off, that'll probably be enough to get the genome mapped."

She smiled as she saw the flowers, along with several unique trees native to the planet. She smiled. Jackpot! There would be lots of samples they could get. As such, she took her backpack off, put on gloves, and began to use several tools to collect small samples of pollen, flowers, and their small leaves. "I'm trying to help terraform Mandalore," she confirmed with a slight sigh. "We're trying to get it back to its pre-cataclysm biodiversity." She paused, "What about you?"

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"Smart mapping the genome. You can create animals from that or GMO animals to be used to a planets climate." Rex said still taking samples of the plants. Several of them were unique to the naboo climate, but he would find more out once he got them to a lab.

Then [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] told me why she was doing it. "Terraforming Mandalore a big task, I am glad to be of assistance then. You are trying to get the Mandalore of old, I have only heard stories about what it looked like. If you need help anymore than just collecting samples feel free to come and speak with me more."

Then she asked the same question back. "Excellent question. The reason I am here is to collect samples of different plants for a special project of mine. Don't worry not a biological weapon, mainly to do similar to you but to also increase production among our farming worlds so we depend less on outside sources for food. Along with several special interest projects."

She nodded. That was the goal. Map it, maybe splice it, do some behind the scene works and she might be able to recreate extinct species (of course, the DNA won't ever be the same, but it could at least replicate the previous lifeforms.) Maybe, anyways. Worst case? They have some new plants & animals to introduce.

She took a small pair of scissors out as she cut a small section of root out of one of the huge, towering trees. She sighed as she put it into a small flask, wrapping it in bubble wrap, and putting it back into her backpack. Didn't want it to break, after all. "It's a huge goal, but hopefully, we'll be able to by the years' end." Ambitious, but hopeful.

She walked back towards him. She nodded. She hadn't thought it was a biological weapon, but it was good to know. A small chuckle escaped her mouth. "That is good. Food security is really important, especially with how unstable the galaxy is now. And special projects are fun." She knelled beside him as she inspected one of the flowers.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"Yes a very big goal, even I don't think I could get it in one year, maybe 2. I will be willing to quietly add extra resources if needed." He offered again, never hurt to help allies, because eventually will need help from them. She chuckled at what he had said earlier. "Yes it is very important and you are right special projects are fun." He smiled.

As he continued to collect things he reached out with the force feeling [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] force sensitivity. "So you are able to feel the force are you Cassiopeia, interesting since our a'lor is able to and yet never really uses it. It is surprising how many force users he manages to assemble within his clan without knowing how to use it himself, strange really." Rex muses as he continues to collect samples for later discoveries.

She nodded. "It's going to happen." She had a goal. She was going to make it happen. They had the resources, the credits, the manpower. They just had to get it all into action. Crank the terraformers up to high speed. She was confident. "If you don't mind," she agreed with a small nod.

She perked a brow as he mentioned her Force sensitivity. It made her a little uncomfortable- she knew he was Force sensitive from Concord Dawn, but the saber he brought with him made it clear. She shrugged a little, "Yeah, I am... Dunno anything about it, though."

She grinned a little, "Yeah, he doesn't really make it a known thing. Mandalorian culture frowns on Force usage, to say the least."

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He was glad that the offer of assistance was accepted. "Well, please feel free to contact me at any time, nod ver." He was slowly learning the mando language. He continued collecting samples before finally finishing up. "I think we got everything we need."

He nods "That is fair not to know, I myself was only recently taught how to be a force user. No he doesn't, they still frown of force users strange some of the biggest mando clans are lead by Force users." He would say to [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] slightly confused by the idea of people hating who they are.

She smiled, "And same for you, if you ever need assistance. I'm happy to help." She confirmed. After all, CIS and ME were allies now. They had a duty to assist each other, help each other, etc. Plus, Rex was one of their own now - an Australis. As such, he deserved as much help as any members of the clan.

She nodded, "Agreed - I think we just need to get to the swamp so we can get some animal samples." That was really all that was missing - she had tree, plant life, etc. She just needed a few animal DNA samples. There didn't seem to be a lot of wildlife in this area, though.

She listened as he explained his opinion on Force use. She nodded, "Yeah, I mean, maybe one day I'll learn a little about it." She shrugged a little. She wasn't opposed to learning or being worried about it until she became a Mandalorian. Of course, Kaine had reassured her being Force sensitive wasn't a crime & something not to be afraid of. At least, in his clan. "It is a bit strange, eh." She agreed. She shrugged though, "Tradition can be hard to break."

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He smiled at [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"]. He didn't think he would ever need help. But he would ask if need be. "Good Idea swamp it is then." He says beginning to move towards the swamp. "It is a bit strange that Mandos see force sensitivity as such a crime. But you are right Traditions can be very hard to break or bend. But I am just glad Kaine accepted me as a part of his clan."

As he headed towards the swamp they pasted several tracks. "Well looks like we will find some animals at least." Then chancing upon some animals he reaches out into the force and calms them getting them to move towards them. "Here we go some animals, they are calm, feel free to get some samples. I will keep them calm."

She nodded as they began to take off towards the swamps. Swamps weren't her favorite type of places to be but she had to make sacrifices for the greater good. "It is a bit weird. But yeah, traditions are hard to shake. The cataclysm really didn't help." She sighed. "Kaine is amazing. I'm lucky to have been adopted into the clan."

They arrived in the swamps and immediately ran into some animals. Good luck! She nodded. The Force did have its uses. She carefully went over to a few Jaboon, using a small knife to take a few pieces of the hide. She then patched it with a small biodegradable patch. Next, she took several hairs off a Gualaar that was nearby.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex nodded keeping the animals calm. "Yeah I am glad I meet Kaine. That I got to join the clan. And that I am able to help Mandalore." He watched as her cut some fur of the animals. And then apply a bandage of sorts he held the animal in a calm state the whole time and dulled it's pain.

Then one of them came right up to him and he patted it while holding all of the animals in a calm state. He would continue this until [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] was done getting her samples.

There was a few smaller, less known animals she took samples from. She also took a few from some reptiles in the swamp. She needed a range of samples, after all. Recreating an ecosystem took a lot of work, a lot of balancing, and so forth.

She nodded, "I'm glad you joined too, Rex. You're invaluable." She watched as one of the animals came over to him and essentially asked for some love. She walked over besides Rex and she patted his shoulder. "Awe, look at that." She said with a big smile.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex let go of the animals once Cassiopeia was done. The one he was patting stayed though and rubbed up against Cassiopeia. "Yeah I am glad to have come along good to have a day off." Then looking with a smile at the animal. "You might wanna pat him before he leaves."

He then checked the surrounding area with the force just to make sure there was no dangerous animals present."We should be okay for at least another hour before anything dangerous appears." He then waited to see what [member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"] wanted to do.

Cassiopeia smiled, "I'm glad you came, too. Would have been lonely without you." She laughed as she animal rubbed against her and she slowly petted it, "You stay safe out here in these wilds," she said quietly to the animal. "It's a dangerous world."

She nodded, "Head back to the inn? Maybe we can see if there is anything we can help the locals with?"

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex nodded "Sounds good." As they were walking back to the tavern there comm unit's went off. "Looks like we have been invited by mand'alor to see her and assist in creating new allies and company deals. Shall we go there?" Rex would ask her as they continued to the village being careful of any branches or animals in their path.

[member="Cassiopeia Caranthyr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom