Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fool in the Rain

Coronet City, Corellia

nar-shaddaa-night.jpg

"My name is Davo Koren, Staff Sergeant, Krayt Squad, Galactic Alliance Army retired. It was my duty to develop Corporal Bronwyn Rees into a soldier the Alliance could be proud of and in that task I failed. During the Battle of Coruscant when the Brotherhood of Maw attacked the heart of the Alliance, my squad was present for much of the fighting. Sithspawn had taken its toll on our morale, but we all had agreed to go forward with Captain Rhox's plan to...muster Coropral Rees out of the squad. She was assigned to the left flank with the rest of her fireteam and left there to die when the Sithspawn charged. Her fireteam survived, it was assumed that she did not. We were wrong." the voice in the holorecorder was terrified. It was definitely the voice of Staff Sergeant Koren, but without the guttural bravado that seemed to come with every statement he made. He had been restrained to a chair, blindfolded, and sat in front of a camera.

There was a tense silence in the office between the detectives listening to the recording that was broken by a second voice, a woman's voice.
"You sound like you've seen a ghost, Sergeant Koren. What happened to your confidence?" the woman said, her tone dripping with bold hatred that was left utterly unrestrained.

"You were supposed to be dead..." Koren responded, weak defiance kept at bay by greater fear.

"You watched them step over me, on me, past me, while I needed rescuing. What is it that Krayt Squad espoused? Never leave a fallen soldier behind? Was all of that just a load of bantha shit?" the woman asked, a physical form coming into the recording. It was that of a woman, cybernetics apparent. She had been heavily modified, but by the sounds of things, not by choice.

Captain Rhox paused the recording. He had been called in given the nature of the crime scene at which the recording was found. There had been a streak of these attacks committed on former members of Krayt Squad, and Davo Koren was the most recent to be victimized by former Alliance soldier Bronwyn Rees. From what had been discovered so far, she had been taken alive by the Maw and rebuilt with cybernetics. Since the collapse of the Brotherhood of the Maw, the leash that had kept her in relative check had vanished, and she had now moved more rapidly in the pursuit of her reckless vengeance.

Every holorecorder found thus far had implicated Captain Rhox in the plan to leave Rees for dead after her assignment to the squad. Krayt had built a culture of internal promotion and the addition of an interloper following the death of their previous engineer. She had been perceived as a replacement for the person, and not the role in the squad, and as such they had all been party to the conspiracy. They wanted her gone so they could choose their own new member, rather than have one assigned to them. Rhox knew the accusations were very serious, and with so many people pointing the finger, he knew his career was over.

He looked around at the rest of the room, before pressing play again,
"Captain Rhox was the primary conspirator. He always had to have things his way, and having a new engineer put in the squad so soon after the death of Corporal Tensin did not sit well with him. He had been given quite a lot of freedom with how the squad worked, and his underlings were given that kind of freedom too, but it was all of us that put it into motion. When the Sithspawn attack we knew was coming happened, she fell like we had expected given the ferocity of the attack. We pulled out soon after to celebrate the successful conclusion of our plan."

"If you had wanted me dead so badly, you could simply had regsitered my death as a friendly fire accident. Given the chaotic nature of the fighting in the Undercity nobody would have batted an eye, and I would not have suvived." Bronwyn said in the recording, a clawed hand scratching across his face with a hard slap. Blood poured from the wounds and his yelling had been made feeble by his despair and terror.

Sergeant Koren was untied from his seat, but he chose not to stand. The recording turned around to reveal four figures, bound with their heads bagged to prevent them from seeing the world around them. They were terrified given the crying, and Bronwyn went toward the one adult in the group and put her chin right on the woman's shoulder, "Why don't you come over here and tell your lovely wife that everything will be just fine, like you told me when you ordered me to hold the left flank. We had intel that said that we were outnumbered, but you said we were going to get reinforcements. Do you lie to your family too, or just the women you sleep with while you're deployed?"

There was a choking cry from the woman held hostage, "No..."

"Yes! You lied to me. You lied to my face, you told me we were a squad, we were a unit that left nobody behind, and that we were duty bound to one another. When you left me there to die that breach of trust is what built me. My body might have been reconstructed by the Brotherhood, but I am a product of the Alliance more than anything. You betrayed me, and in doing so you doomed your family, your friends, and anyone else that you may well love." she said, the woman crying next to her cut short abruptly with such a violent motion that her head had been turned an entire 180 degrees to be facing the other direction. Left bagged, the look of sudden pain and terror was missed, but the effect was not. Sergeant Koren just sobbed violently, which she responded to with more violence against him, with a cruel beating.

"No..." he said weakly, hitting his mental limit. Sergeant Koren continued to just say no. The recording was stopped before the most heinous act was caught. The body bags in the coroner's office told the grim tale of children maimed like a wild animal had torn them apart.

Rhox looked down at the floor and had nothing to say. He was implicated yet again as the lead conspirator in a murder plot against a fellow Alliance soldier and now he was here because he had been called in by CorSec regarding his connection,
"What now?" he asked with a quiet resignation. He knew he had the screws turned on him, and that there was no way he could get out of this. Corporal Rees may have been a monster that maimed and murdered former members of Krayt, but if she had planned to ruin his life by his own actions, then she was well on the way to doing so.

Meanwhile on Coruscant

The evening was dark and windy. Corporal Rees sat in the darkened lounge room in Captain Rhox's home waiting for his wife to return. He had been fortuante enough to have not had any children that were not already old enough to have made their own mistake in enlisting in the Alliance Army. She knew he had been called away on business, but not the nature of the business.

As she entered the room the lights did not activate which caused an exasperated sigh. "Evarah Rhox, you're going to be coming with me." a voice called out before a stunning shot hit the woman and put her on the ground. Bronwyn had her hostage now, and with Rhox firmly away from home she had plenty of time to break this victim before he could get home and find her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom