Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Following it back to the source (Corellian Confederation Dominion of Eclipse)

1b0e3670ef5e70d75be44a624f6db7a4.jpg
The events on the Andromeda Star left scars upon all those involved.
The Rakghoul - warped by the darkside of the force - slaughtered all who got in their way leaving the ship a slaughterhouse.
Ravenous beasts that killed without remorse...but not without purpose.
Someone was behind the attack.
Someone was pulling the strings.
And now, the Corellian Confederation would find them.

"We are sure about this?" Kian asked turning toward the Jedi standing before him. Eliza Ricon was one of the most skilled Jedi Shadows Kian had worked with over the years. She was a ferocious warrior and had a way of seeing into the heart of things, despite the fact that as a Miraluka she could not see....at least in the traditional sense.

"Of course," She said placing her hands on her hips and giving Kian a tilted look of exasperation. At least, Kian assumed it was a look of that, given that her face was mostly covered by the cloth mask she wore.

"What could they possibly being doing on Eclipse?" Kian asked turning away and staring at the datapad in front of him. Eclipse was mostly just asteroid belts. Of course, that wouldn't be the first time a relatively lifeless hunk of rock hid something dangerous....Kian should know. "There was a Jedi presence there....once."

"Yes, a small training facility." Eliza said stepping closer. "What do you want me to do?"

"Send out the call." Kian said after a moment of thought. "No covert operations, no sneaking in." He said sitting the datapad down and crossing his arms across his chest. "We go in with everything we've got. Inform the military that it is a suspected terrorist cell."

"How much do I share with them?" Eliza asked. In the past they would have kept secrets...it was who they were. But this was different.

"Everything." Kian said. "Too much is at risk for them to go in blind. Set coordinates to rendezvous on the edge of Eclipse space." Kian turned away from Eliza and stared out the viewport into the darkness. Eliza, without saying another word, simply turned and seemed to fade into nothing as she left the room and Kian found himself lost in thoughts.

OOC:
Objective: Confront the terrorists who attacked the Andromeda Star
Secondary Objective: Neutralize any vessels supplying or supporting the base.
BYOO: For those looking to build their own objective, there is another planet in the system, Lujo. Lugo is described as having "a temperate climate, and was home to magnificent oceans and landscapes." Can you say, beach party?!

Looking to have this be a joint operation. The Jedi will be going into the base to try and investigate/destroy the Sith presence - feel free to bring in Jedi characters, NFU to neutralize any threats in the base (but we aren't destroying it), fleeters to attack any ships in the vicinity working with the terrorists, and any antagonists you'd like! It be great if we could make this PvP heavy!

Most importantly, have fun!!

Alexandrite

A
Lieutenant 'Alexandrite' - Corellian Naval Intelligence
x6TKV8r.png
BOOT SEQUENCE ESTABLISHED...
BIOS INITIALIZING HARDWARE...
MBR LOADING BOOTSECTOR...
BOOTLOADER RUNNING...

Alexandrite blinked, his photoreceptors quickly adjusting to the light of the star hanging in the sky above him. He had no idea how he managed to end up in this situation, ferried off to the beaches of Lujo with others in what he could only describe as a 'social gathering' of some sort. Apparently, there was no use for a low-ranking operative of Naval Intelligence at Eclipse, so they gave him a bottle of amber liquid and told him to relax with the others.

His logic functions dictated that none of that would be occurring, not when he could intercept transmissions from the battle that was going to occur in approximately twenty-two minutes in the nearby system. Besides, he concluded that he could not derive any form of relaxation from the amber liquid, which he had evaluated to be a rather inexpensive Corellian whiskey from 849 ABY, given that he lacked the ability to become intoxicated from it.

Nevertheless, he estimated that he would be able to accumulate much data on his colleagues for his ever-expanding memory banks. If that sounded creepy, then he wouldn't know; because to him that seemed like perfectly natural behaviour to partake in.

Perhaps his creator should've opted for a higher degree of societal adaptability.

Location: Unknown, Somewhere in the Asteriod belt. Specifically a long abandoned Asteroid base.

Time.

Time was of the essence. With the events of the Andromeda everything had proceeded roughly to Nulgaths plans. As of now the Corellian Confederation was giving chase to a trail left on the force. Nulgaths trail. A twisted bundle of strings purposely left behind as if by some crude artisan careless in his work. The feat was easy and sloppy enough to pass. Normally a Sith Lord with Nulgaths set of goals and principals would of delighted in take atleast some pride in his work. This was not the case here. Effectiveness over complexity.

Arriving out of a tear in the ripped across open space with a asteroid based, his spectral form took flight into a system of dimly lit caverns. A maze that networked throughout the asteroid itself. Phasing through walls of stone and metal alike, The sith finally arrived to his destination. A large chamber filled to the brim with several hundred figures with grim visages and dark attire. Sheathed in all manners were force imbued blades and sith swords decorated to terrorize the hooded figures enemies. The entire room reeked of anger, hatred and pain in the force. Apon Nulgaths arrived he hovered to a walk midst the rock surface and was greeted by what could be assumed to be an Elder of the mysterious cult like grouping.

" Are things in order, Nulgath." A quick question straight to the point.

" Has my ally arrived safely?" Nulgath retorted refusing to answer. A shockwave in the force immediately sounded causing a tremor in cave shortly after. It was not Nulgaths. The hooded figures began to stare down the aged sith spirit and placed a hand on their weapons.

" Answer the question." The Elders eyes glew red unnaturally with a eternal rage. A red mist over took his form and the raw power he emmited was palpable. He was not of his own mind. There was someone else stronger within him, if only temporarily. " Your ally is safe... for now. He has plans for a ritual? Are things. In. Order..."

" Yes. Things are indeed in order. Old friend." The sith lords spectral tongue rolled over each word sarcastically. As if he needed to spell it out. Across the Elders face a smile was flashed showing his pearly whites. A pleased expression to say the less.

" Gooood. You may begin the Ritual." His blessing was given in full.

[member="Atlas Kane"]

Objective: Aid Jedi in hunting culprits, and gather information.
Equipment: Respechel Armor, VAARS Rifle, 3 Sonic Detonators, 3x Balmorran Firewall grenades
Tags: [member="Kian Karr"], [member="Nulgath Zardai"], [member="Atlas Kane"]

Standing in the hangar of The Crippled Hunter, Aeneis paced to and fro. His booted feet clanging on the durasteel floor, all the while the surrounding shocktroopers loaded up the U-wing with supplies. Black circles stood out under and around the Corellian’s eyes. That silvery-white hair that was usually so neatly kept now a mess appearing as if it hadn’t been combed in days. There was no smile upon Aeneis’ face, instead there was a grim stare aimed directly at the deck beneath his feet.

An unseen pressure formed around Aeneis as he continued to walk to and fro his body unyielding, the thoughts and memories that flooded his mind unending. Thoughts of Kuat, Prakith, and his journey to Lothal all fresh in his mind. The atrocities he’d committed on Kuat, going unspoken and instead just ended up with the Arkanian having another medal pinned to his chest. What did those false weights mean? What did they change? The way others looked at him? What tangible change did they bring to the galaxy? None, and yet here he was still fighting alongside the Stormtroopers. Aeneis fought because he cared for the Confederation, he loved his brothers and sisters in arms. They were his to look after and command, but there was still so much more he could be achieving and the soldier knew it. While the other military brats were off celebrating on Lujo, Aeneis was once more preparing to enter the fray. As much as he hated it the battlefield had been his home for as long as he remembered.

Activating his coms linking himself to the bridge, Aeneis looked down to his wrist. Standing there arms tucked neatly at the small of his back was Commander Vont. “Commander!” Aeneis barked saluting the senior officer. “Has there been any word from Master Karr on location of the targets.”

Commander Vont being a Duros looked down for a second snarling at the deck beneath his feet, cigar between his lips. “No word yet lieutenant. We also have our people analyzing the asteroids. Looking for signs of atmosphere, density, ect.. Yet even with all that it leaves us close to a dozen choices.”

“We don’t have time to search every single one.” Aeneis whispered looking down to the hologram.

“That’s right. If you wish to contact Master Kian I can put you in con-” Stopping mid sentence the Duros looked off his mouth moving but the channel obviously muted. “Lieutenant, we’ve got a location from Master Karr, rendezvousing with them now. Have your Fireteams ready to go.”

“Yes sir!” Aenis bark saluting once more and receiving one in return from the Commander. “Alright troopers load up! Fireteams Rancor, Krayt and Nexu load up in the U-wing, we’ve got our orders and will be deploying soon.”

Ebj93bR.png

BYOO: Lujo Nights

Kraff City Banquet Hall

Kraff Beach, Lujo

9a8bc776d52903b607de66943fa1c1ab--fantasy-world-sci-fi-art.jpg

wtE0UXx.png

Mixing business with pleasure with business was simply the modus operandi and paradigm that Malicar Vesnam operated from. The first aspect of business was to ensure connections for warehousing and landing pads for Interstellar Shipping. The pleasure was to appear that business was not the underlying motive for his being there, but also included scouting out any hint of underworld activity..that would have to be squashed to make room for the Eclipse Consortium. The third facet of business was to augment the Corellian Naval Intelligence with their asset (Alexandrite). What the CNI knew about Malicar was that he was a contractor for them, supporting their operations by way of logistics and intelligence.

MTzkB2P.png

Striding in the banquet hall, the Chiss gave a curt nod to those he passed, including Alexandrite. Making his way up to the bar, he grinned at the bartender and ordered, “A glass of Roonadan, if you would be so kind…”

The bartender obliged and promptly poured the glass. He added, “Leave that bottle for me, seeing how that is your only one…”

The crimelord slipped the bartender a credstick, then turned around with his glass in hand and began to work the room, with his first stop being the wealthiest landowner on Lujo…

gVylV75.png

Alexandrite

Jenica Belos

J
x6TKV8r.png
2LT Jenica "Stargazer" Belos
Corellian Defense Force
BYOO: Post-Grad R & R
Tag: Military Brats
_
IciB4We.jpg
Outrigger Resort, Kraff Beach
Lujo

It didn't take long for the newly minted 2nd Lieutenant to get settled into her hotel room. The recent graduate of the CDF's Gilad Pallaeon Naval Academy located in the Saberhing System was so ready to let her hair down and participate in some recreational activities that had been put on hold while getting through the last year of the highly competitive Officer Training Course. The young Corellisi had done well for herself, graduating in the top 2% of her class. She had a promising military career ahead of her and would strive to see it so, but first... there was an umbrella drink with her name on it ocean side.

Making her way to the Outrigger's beach front bar, Jenica was ready to enjoy the amenities offered. Wearing a coverup over her swimsuit, the blue-eyed brunette found an empty chair under the thatched roof circular bar and ordered a Twistler, a favored fruity, alcoholic drink of Corellians, then waited for the others on a pass to join her for their much earned vacation before they all got thrust into active duty for reals as officers.

While waiting, she glanced through a flimsi pamphlet picked up in the hotel lobby at check-in that had a list of various sightseeing adventures available on the Southern Core's tropical planet... other than carousing and beaching it, though those two options were a good place to start.

A man can change his stars
OBJECTIVE: Confront Terrorists
GEAR: Jacket, Holster (Sidearm), Boots (Boot Knife), Left Bracer, Lodestone Devices, Standard Lightsaber.
COMPANIONS: Anon - Standard Gear
TAGS: [member="Jenica Belos"], [member="Malicar"], [member="Aeneis Valdemar"], [member="Nulgath Zardai"], [member="Alexandrite"], [member="Kian Karr"],

Sheathing a knife into the boot of my right foot, I moved to sit up from the seat upon the bed I was on. Quarters for the various Jedi aboard. I had been given a temporary one for the time we were headed out to Eclipse. Adjusting the combat boot, I made sure it was comfortable before I covered it ever so slightly with my pant leg. Looking over to Anon as he already stood. Waiting for me to finish getting ready. Considering all he carried was a standard Jedi utility belt and a saber, there was not much he needed. However, I carried other gear. Why?

I shook my head. Riding myself of those thoughts. No. I was a Jedi. I had the force. It was a gift given to me by some unseen force. [member="Romi Jade"] trusted me to be able to take care of myself no matter that I had a lacking ability. Even if that meant I was lacking one of the major tools that the Jedi used. The Force. She entrusted me to do all I could with what I had. So I did. Gearing myself up for everything I possibly could. Standing up, I reached over to the jacket that hung over the bedframe. Flipping it around my shoulders and letting my arms slide through the sleeves. Adjusting ever so slightly to not fold the clothing of my shirt within the jacket. I made my way out of the room and up towards the bridge.

Romi had told me that she wanted me to join Master Kian with this venture. Romi was a good teacher, and had a presence within the force. However, she and I both knew that I could not learn everything from one source. I had to learn myself, and maybe get views from other mentors. Even if it was just for a mere moment. Just that little could maybe help me find my own strength.

Upon reaching the bridge, I saw that there was something clearly wrong. People were bustling left and right. Did something go down? Walking up to the Kel'Dor master, I almost chuckled to myself due to our difference in height. I would have thought of the man Romi spoke of with high regard to be... taller. However, I let that thought fade away as I spoke up.

"What is going on Master Karr? I thought this was supposed to be an easy Clean up?"

Thalia Cruz

T
Done with school, done with training, and a long military career ahead of her Thalia dumped her luggage in her own hotel room before flopping on her bed. She didn't remember who's idea it was to spend shore leave together after graduating but she wanted to kiss them! Lujo was a beautiful world and with rumors that they were joining the Corellian Confederation soon it meant it was sure to be an even bigger hotspot for galactic tourists...Namely military no doubt.

After a quick change into her swimsuit she sauntered down to the bar and tapped [member="Jenica Belos"] on the shoulder before sliding into the seat next to her.

"I'll have what she's having," she said cheerfully before turning and giving her friend a big, toothy, Humbarine grin.

Atlas Kane

A
Playing opposition on the to-be-raided Asteroid Base.

The room was painted in a dim blue hue. The holo-projector set up in its centre was the only source of light. The rough stone walls had been carved hastily and with little care for precision. Small deposits of alien minerals reflected the light, like stars in the night sky. Several books were arrayed around the holo-projector. They were suspended in mid-air as though frozen during their descent to the floor. One, maybe two, would be disturbed at a time by Atlas, who turned the immaterial pages frantically. His shadow followed along the walls as he strode from book to book, seeking the necessary knowledge for his plans within each tome. He'd gathered knowledge from maybe two dozen scholars of the Dark Arts of Sith Magic. The research of many scientists was also included, specifically the biological work done on a specific parasitic species of semi-sentient creature that he sought to exploit. Dreadful creatures spawned from infectious disease rather than any natural form of propagation, their bloodthirsty instincts were most suitable to the aims of the cult whose members would be supplied for testing.

He'd gone through the notes many times before, compiled the correct procedure and memorised it, but he couldn't help but look up the required passages again. Part of him was very delighted to be given an opportunity like this, yet another was cautious of what could be. His intent was to create more of these creatures, but not just exact replicas. He sought to improve upon their design,
make them more powerful, more dangerous, and with that came an increased risk. There would, of course, be guards present in case of a breach of restraints, but there was no telling what this synthesis of ancient horrors and his own ideas would produce. He went over each individual step of his ritual in detail as he paced from book to book, going so far as to play out the motions if a step called for one. He could likely recite the entirety of the ritual from memory by now, but doubt kept nagging at the edge of his mind.

A tremor broke his nigh-meditative concentration. Suddenly reminded of the immediacy of his plans, he shut off the holoprojector with a snap and removed a data chip. He grasped a small box that had been attached to his lower back and undid its lid. The contents were protected by a dimly glowing layer of amber-coloured resin. He placed the data chip into one of the smaller
, polstered pockets of the lid, closing it afterwards and reestablishing the seal. He made for the door as he reattached the box to its place at his lower back. Outside stood a guard. He raised his brow and asked: "Where's the place?" The armoured man simply grunted in response, turning to make his way down one of the base's many corridors. Atlas followed a few paces behind the man, taking unexpected meditative comfort in the extraordinarily rhythmic heavy steps of the guard.

[member=Nulgath Zardai], [member=Aeneis Valdemar], [member=Kaleleon Seleare], [member=Kian Karr]

Jenica Belos

J
x6TKV8r.png
2LT Jenica "Stargazer" Belos
Corellian Defense Force
BYOO: Post-Grad R & R
Tag: Military Brats [member="Thalia Cruz"]
_

IciB4We.jpg

Outrigger Resort, Kraff Beach
Lujo

A tap on Jenica's shoulder made the recent naval academy graduate turn her dark head to find another joining her at the bar.

"I can do... Two Twistlers coming right up."

"Hey you! Great choice," Jen threw a lopsided grin at the dark-haired Humbarian as the young woman slipped onto the bar stool next to her. "He's kinda cute, don't you think?" she commented in a whispered voice.

"Here you go, ladies.... " the tanned and well-muscled bartender said as the native Lujian placed their fruity, alcoholic drinks down on a cockail napkin with a bit of flair; placing a little umbrella atop each glass.

The Corellisi took a sip of her homeworld-favored drink and immediately flashed a pleased look at the bartender. "Oh my... This is really good," the brunette beamed in high praise because not many barkeeps could get the mix of the Twisler's spirits just right outside of Corellia. Well, at least in her experience so far.

"Glad you find it to your liking. I'm Paulo by the way. Are you two here for business or pleasure," he casually asked in a seemingly well-practiced flirtatious way.

"My friend and I are here for vacation so that would be in the pleasure category," the young pilot chortled, then added. "Nice to meet you, Paulo. I'm Jen, and this is Thal," she motioned towards her R & R companion. "I'm sure we'll be seeing each other around," came a sweet smile, then Jenica slid the folded piece of flimsi with the sightseeing adventures on it over to Thalia and leaned in to speak softly.

"So take a gander at what's offered in the pamphlet, and let's go have us some fun, hmm? Maybe even, we might be able to persuade us a certain local here to show us around too... You know, take us to the non-tourist hotspots. What?! That's where all the good stuff happens... or so I'm told."

Alexandrite

A
Lieutenant 'Alexandrite' - Corellian Naval Intelligence
Nearby: [member="Malicar"], [member="Jenica Belos"], [member="Thalia Cruz"]

x6TKV8r.png

He supposed he did stick out like a sore thumb among all of the other people that were trying to relax on their leave. He was one of the only people not wearing a swimsuit, and even among those he was the only one wearing a smart-but-practical suit with matching tie. It made gathering information difficult when he would be noticed almost immediately trying to observe what people were doing on their pseudo-vacation. He blinked twice, his photoreceptors glowing blue for a tenth of a second as he concocted a new strategy for data accumulation.

Starting with his left foot, he began walking over to the nearby bar that was occupied by several individuals, a few of which were quickly recognized by his personnel database. Alexandrite approached the counter and smiled at the bartender, "Hello, I'd like to request two tumblers." He said, beaming at the man. He angled his head downward to look at the smooth wooden counter when the glasses were placed before him, noticing a small metallic object obscured by a coaster.

Giving the bartender a small tip, he placed a finger on top of the object and pulled it from beneath the coaster, surprised to find a rather old coin composed of aurodium. He blinked again and started to idly flip it between his fingers, looking over at the two women occupying the seats next to him. A small lapse in his concentration caused the coin to almost fly out of his grasp, something he hoped nobody else saw.

He smiled sheepishly this time.

Objective: Confront the terrorists who attacked the Andromeda Star
Allies: [member="Kaleleon Seleare"] [member="Aeneis Valdemar"]
Opposition: [member="Atlas Kane"] [member="Nulgath Zardai"]

Kian's eyes were closed, stretching out into the force. Somewhere across the darkness and past the floating rocks of the asteroid belt, there was the base. Kian was sure this was the right place....he could feel the darkness even though it was faint. So lost in thought was Kian that he did not feel Jedi Seleare approach until the young man spoke.

"It would seem," Kian said turning toward the taller padawan and bowing his head in greeting, "that we've arrived during a supply run." The Sha Koon was a stealth vessel and he was confident in its ability to remain relatively hidden given this and its distance from the base, but the other military vessels that would be arriving were not. "It seems likely that there will be some fighting today."

"But that can work to our advantage." Kian said signalling for the other Jedi to follow. "The distraction of the fighting among the vessels will aid in our approach." Kian handed a datapad to Kaleleon as he spoke. The device held the flight trajectories and planned assault. "We will get in as close as we can with one of the stealth shuttles and then enter the base. There are others who will be rendezvous with us....here." Kian said tapping the screen with his taloned finger to show where they would meet up with the forces lead by Aeneis. The large asteroid that housed the base had a smaller protrusion extending from its side. They would place the shuttle within the cavern made by that protrusion and move across the surface of the asteroid to the entrance on foot.

"I am unsure what we will face in there." Kian admitted. "It was too risky to try and send in a spy - we don't want to tip them off that we are aware of the location. But the force user who brought the Rakghoul attacks was powerful.....and not quite corporeal." Kian said still pondering just what the Sith Lord had been. "We will likely be outnumbered....but I am confident that others will come. I've sent out a general call to arms."

By this time they were standing at the base of the shuttle. "You pilot us in. Any questions?" Kian said, well aware that he had briefed the younger Jedi quickly but also certain that the man had reviewed the mission briefing reports in more detail.

Ophelia

O
OBJECTIVE: Eliminate any Hostiles coming to Eclipse System
SHIP: Manta Ray-Class Starfighter

Throwing the joystick forward, the nose of the starfigher dived hard. The gravity weight at the end of the joystick attempting to push back into my hands. The weight was drawn by a natural gravity so that if the pilot ever lost consciousness, the ship would right itself instead of falling out and forcing the pilot into high levels of G-forces. Oh it pushed hard into my hands. A series of lasers flying past me in every direction. This guy was good. I couldn't fault him of that. However, I knew I was better. He had fallen in behind me for the past ten seconds. Staying far enough back that he could react to any changes I made, but close enough to keep up with me and not be lost.

It was annoying as hell to be flinging my ship into any direction I could to keep him off of me. Within my head, I cursed at myself. Dropping hard on the throttle, and even throwing on the directional thrusters to shoot me backwards. A blink later, the ship behind me had flown just over head. And my off hand threw the throttle back forward to the max setting to catch up to that speed. However, I didn't need to be as fast. He tried to stay out of my cross hairs. Howevever, the soft beeping as I got a lock.

A thumb press later, two torpedoes of energy hurled through the void of space faster than any of us could ever climb, and slammed home into the ship. Blowing it to parts. Heaving a sigh as I had taken the guy out, I got a com over my radio from the current Squadron Leader. Green Leader.

"Finally got him off of your tail did yah?"
"Hmm."
"Now come back here and get some of these other asshats off of us. Our point defense are having some troubles."
​"Affirmative."

Slowing the speed just enough to hang a hard turn to face the Detainer-Class. For the past few months it had been my home away from home. Having been recently ported into a new team of Halcyon Commandos. It seemed there were pirates, or at the very least a rag tag group of much older Sith Vessles that were defending a cruiser. One that clearly was holding something valuable meant for the Eclipse. However, with the Green Jedi headed that way, It was my Teams job to make sure nobody in this sector of the system made it past us. Hence why I was chasing the now dead pilot. He had attempted to escape but I caught him.

"Get here now Sabre. I don't need Heroes I need soldiers."
"You mistake me for both Green Leader."
"Watch your tone. You know your Lieutenant-Commander would not like it if you went against orders again."
"Hmm."

Green leader started to go on some tirade of how I needed to "Cut the chit" with my lone wolf attitude and that now I was part of a group I needed to play as a team. I am pretty sure he could hear my eyes rolling behind my helmet a I drew close enough to start firing on a new starfigher. Engaging in my eight dogfight of the battle.

Thalia Cruz

T
Thalia looked the bartender up and down with a scrutinizing look. With a hmmm and a similar sounding hrm she gave her friend a shrug.

"I guess. I'm more into the brightly colored aliens. Pantorrans, Mirialans, Zeltrons...Chiss," she gave the last one a a hint of mystery. She sat and twirled her hair while Jen flirted shamelessly with the bartender. He was quite a bit older than the two of them and while she did want to go out on the town a little bit she really wasn't sure she trusted or really wanted the bartender hovering around her friend in an unfamiliar place.

But she was excited for it so she wouldn't say no. With a huff, pretending to blow a brown curl out of her face, she took the pamphlet and scanned it. A flash of movement caught her eye. A man in a suit just dropped something. Wait, why was he in a suit to begin with? Awkward...But okay. She caught the sheepish grin and returned a knowing smirk before looking back into her pamphlet.

"I don't know..." she muttered as she ran a finger over her tattoos, tracing the data lines, "I'm just along for the ride."

[member="Alexandrite"] [member="Jenica Belos"] [member="Malicar"]

Objective: find the mole

She was staring more than anything right now. Someone had been behind it, a careful plan from beginning to the end. She had been working the angle on how they had been able to infiltrate through all of their security measures and everything told her they had a mole inside.

All of the agents, and officials who knew anything about it was somewhere near her position right now. She was busy making her own plans, her own choices on how to proceed. She slide through the profiles one more time trying to find the way in but maybe it didn't have to be so hard, maybe all she had to do was tell them..and draw them in...if someone...yes...that might work.

Sam nodded to herself as the plan hatched in her mind. A few breaths and she was heading towards the conference room.

Objective: Aid Jedi in hunting culprits, and gather information.
Equipment: Respechel Armor, VAARS Rifle, 3 Sonic Detonators, 3x Balmorran Firewall grenades
Tags: [member="Kian Karr"], [member="Nulgath Zardai"], [member="Atlas Kane"] [member="Sage Dietrich"], [member="Kaleleon Seleare"]

It was an odd feeling for the Shocktrooper to not be deployed in a drop pod. They were so used to falling feet first through the atmosphere towards a planet that the often safe, mundane journeys in transports was boring. The excitement and adrenaline that filled a shocktrooper as they shot through the skies of whatever planet was unfortunate enough to suffer their arrival was part of the reason some joined the corps. Not Aeneis, that drive and thrill of the ride down to the surface of a planet was only one of the benefits of the job. Deep down the Corellian knew he’d miss serving when it was his time to move on from the military. He’d regret having to leave his brothers and sisters in arms, but it was a certainty for everyone that they’d eventually stop serving. Whether by choice or forcefully.

Sitting down within the confines of the U-wing Aeneis stared at the floor, the dim red lights above filling the interior. All around the other shocktroopers checked over their gear and weapons. The tension in the air thick enough one could cut it with a knife. The entirety of Krayt and Nexu teams had been replaced after the Battle of Kuat, the squads members either KIA or MIA. Rancor was the only squad under Aeneis’ command that still sported all the original members making some of the newer recruits into the other fireteams slightly nervous. Who wouldn’t be? The Guerilla warfare the Shocktroopers took place in on Kuat was a far less lethal mission than the one they were going into. They’d all read the file on what happened in Ebaq space, of the mysterious Rakghouls that had wiped out two entire ships of both military servicemen and civilians. Creatures that could infect others with a single scratch of bite. The Arkanian could see the nervousness and fear in their eyes, in their movements.

Rising up to his full height Aeneis looked over the men, and women under his charge. “Attention!” The man barked, instantly the others rose as well. “Where we’re going today is where many men and women wouldn’t dare, we do this because it is our duty as not only Shocktroopers but as Corellians. These bastards took some of our own, they forced the Jedi back and even the Halcyons, but they won’t force us back. We’re shocktroopers, every time we take a drop pod down we go feet first into hell. We meet every ounce of opposition with all we’ve got!”

Stopping for a moment giving time for the words to sink in Aeneis offered a nod before continuing. “I can’t promise that all of us will make it out of here, but I can damn sure promise that we’ll get the job done! Our names will be the ones that go down as completing the mission no matter what! Ooooh AAAHHH!”

The resounding chorus as the soldiers responded felt as though it shook the vessel. The tension that had once lingered, blown away in the wake of the triumphant shout of the Shocktroopers. “The Jedi have it easy, they’re going in quietly. Us? We’re gonna do what Shocktroopers do best, give them hell while our Halycon friends keep them distracted in space.”

The interior of the ship flashed green alerting them that it would soon be time to land. The U-wing flying into the hangar of the asteroid at a breakneck pace, a majority of the fighters they had outside facing the Confederation vessels. The bay doors opened and from within fell the three fireteams of shocktroopers, with Aeneis at their head. The U-wing hovered within the hangar providing covering fire, and strafing the few starfighters and shuttles that had yet to take off and were unable to defend themselves. Alarms within the base began to blare, and above it all was the retort of the Shocktroopers weapons tearing into a few of the cultists, leaving trails of viscera.

Location: Inside the Asteroid base -> Heading to the main chamber.
Objective. Begin the Ritual
Tags: [member="Atlas Kane"] [member="Aeneis Valdemar"] [member="Samantha Solo"] [member="Thalia Cruz"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Jenica Belos"] [member="Alexandrite"]

Despite being among "allies" the spectral Sith Lord did not enjoy their company. Since his return the cultists had been acting strange. They who once openly accepted Nulgaths words and presence were ratehr closed off. The Rancidus Order was always an odd grouping of people. Within Nulgaths mind a flurry of insults shot through his mind as he eyed the cultists he passed by with a graceful waft through the air. One such cultist extend his hand with an open palm. There in his reach lay an archaic talisman with a dark green tint to its structure. It appeared to be metal.

" Our champion requests that you take this. You will know what to do with it." After Nulgath took the talisman in his grasp with the force the object glew faintly as if reacting to his non-existent touch. " Disgusting dathomiri magick." he spat out. This object he now recognized as something he had come across long ago. Only a acolyte back in the those days. The object was a resurrection talisman. Curiosity over took Nulgath briefly. If this did what he knew it did them...

His spectral hand reached out quickly to grab it, as if he was real. There was a flash of light and then the entire cave compartment filled with a green saturated hue.

Silence and darkness.

Roughly one hour had past before a nudge was felt in Nulgaths side. Coughing and with a groan the Sith Lord rose and inhaled deeply. His sunken eyes opened wide in disbelief. His hands held pale skin and also muscle. He could feel the coldness of space linger throughout the asteroid base as a chill on his back. The transformation was not perfect but. His more fresh and younger appearance could be formed with Sith magic but that would be for a later time. Covering himself with cultist battle robes Nulgath watched his feet move. The feeling of dirt under his toes was ... amazing to same the least. He could feel!

He was alive.

" The ritual..." Suddenly the greater plan came to his head. He was needed if the ritual was to continue. Winds in the cavern picked up randomly as lightning crackled in violent pulses. A horrid tear sounded aloud releasing a scream down the corridor before falling into silence. A newly ressurected form was now missing from the corridor where he last lay. But where did he go?

​" Begin the ritual. Start the preparations now. You stand there on that point, you over there and you... Right here." Nulgaths sickly voice now echoed near throughout a massive chamber, He seemed to appear from out of nowhere, granted there was another ghastly scream, lightning and a temperature drop before he arrived. With one entrance and exit he waited for his guest to arrive and assist him. " Where is Atlas Kane..."

Atlas Kane

A
As he breathed rhythmically, in the familiar Jedi pattern he was taught as a youngling, he allowed himself a moment of calm before his cruel duty would begin. Despite being far from inexperienced in matters of Sith rituals, his heart rate was still more elevated than usual, he noted. Despite his thorough preparation, there were uncontrollable variables that could yet cause a disturbance. These could then lead to a mistake and the subsequent transformation into an unthinking creature driven only by endless hunger. Though perhaps it was that thought which unnerved him the most. The Sith's autonomy and independence were what Atlas cherished most. The thought of his identity being ripped away made him cringe involuntarily. Perhaps his late Masters, both a Jedi and a Sith, had driven him to adopt this rather radical adherence to the self, perhaps it was only his sense of self-preservation. At this point, he could barely tell the difference. But instead of carrying out the line of thought in more detail he shook his head and sighed, letting the matter rest and his attention return to the task at hand.

The guard stopped and held his hand up to a large door's control panel. With several clicks and a hiss, a diagonal gap expanded, first slowly then with haste, allowing passage through the artificial bulkhead within the asteroid which separated the corridor from a massive hall. Atlas stepped past the guard, not bothering to wait to be bidden inside, and appraised his surroundings. It was spacious, several dozen hooded figures were standing expectantly on either side of the room within the shadows cast by second-story platforms supported by the odd pillar, their attention focused squarely on the intruder. The platforms themselves had even more of the cultists, who joined their brethren with their own gaze. The hall's centre was marked by a long walkway which lead directly towards a raised platform surrounded by stairs upon which two more figures stood. One was clad in much the same attire as the rest but held more decoration, he had an air of authority about him relayed through size and ostentatiousness of dress, which was adorned with scores of trophies. The other, however, seemed meek in comparison, an old and decrepit man in simple cultist's rags. He seemed frail as he stood next to what Atlas presumed to be the cultist's leader. His face marred by unnatural lesions that made his appearance most unsightly, he nevertheless exuded a most frightening presence. Simply laying his eyes on the man made Atlas wince involuntarily.

Despite his knee-jerk reaction to flee the scene, Atlas strode with feigned confidence towards the room's centre, where a large altar had been placed. Wordlessly he proceeded to detach the box he carried on his back and laid it on top of the altar. The smooth grey stone was marred by a multitude of cuts and scars, painted in faint hues of natural colours from the many rivers of blood which had flown through the riverbeds carved by careless blades and panicked nails. A red cloth adorned with golden trimmings at its edges was laid out to mask the wear. Atlas began laying out the tools he'd brought. The table's surface was just above hip height, the dimensions large enough that Atlas had to move around the table to access its entirety. The amulet was laid at the foot of the table, where Atlas would take his place during the ritual, alongside a cage holding a K'lor'slug egg from one of Korriban's many tombs and a black cylinder suspended in a transparent blue stasis field which appeared far more like glass than energy. Several crystals deeply seeped within the dark side were arranged at each of the corners, pointing towards a much greater one suspended by a small repulsor platform above the altar's centre.

He gazed towards the cultists on either side until one was shoved out of their ranks, stripped of his robes and only left in rags. The man did not seem fearful of what was to happen. Did he not understand what the ritual he had been chosen for would do? Atlas glanced towards the figures standing at the end of the walkway, his brows furrowing just barely. It may have been wise to withhold the information, but some small sentiment of compassion had always remained within the Sith, despite the crimes against sentient life he had committed. A nagging glimmer of morality he'd always clung to, despite having every reason to abandon it entirely. He shrugged the thought away with a brief shake of his head as the cultist approached, however. With a few gestures Atlas indicated the position the man should take, arms at his sides, he was to lay on his back with his head towards the Sith and so he did.

There was a moment of hesitation as Atlas met the cultist's eyes. Though all he saw was a desire for violence and destruction, he couldn't help but notice the strained muscles and clenched fists. Though the man made no outward expression of fear, the sheen of sweat and the quick, audible breaths the man was taking were indications enough for Atlas. His mind wandered again, there was yet time to stop the ritual. It would no doubt draw the ire of every person assembled in the room, but the option to save a life rather than take so many still remained. With another sigh, Atlas expelled the thought. He shifted his attention outward, rather than to his own thoughts this time.

The ritual had to begin, they were running late. As his focus converged on the man before him, Atlas began being able to feel the fear radiating. His arms extended forwards, a sharp intake of breath from the cultist accompanied the movement, as did a spike of emotion. The Sith let his hands run through the air and come to a stop above the cultist, where he began playing with invisible strands. Through the Force, he felt the emotion from the man, as though it was a physical string extending from the large crystal above and attached to the body below it. Atlas grasped as many of the strands as he could and pulled them towards himself drawing breath deeply as he did. The cultist's fear coursed through Atlas' core, where the crucible of the Dark Side turned it to raw power for Atlas to draw upon. He released it as lightning from his hands, golden arcs burning through the air all towards the same target, the crystal, which began glowing in the same shade, illuminating the hall. For several heartbeats he let the Dark Side flow into the crystal, stopping abruptly when he felt a sudden sense of danger from the glowing stone, as though it had reached the limits of a before unknown patience and was about to lash out against its tormentor in retaliation. In Atlas' place, the four smaller stones drew the crystal's ire. It released the energy it had stored in the same form, but instead of connecting with the smaller crystals' surfaces the golden arcs of lightning were redirected towards the limbs of the living creature trapped between them, encasing them in long spirals of golden energy that came within a hair's breadth of searing the flesh they restrained.

"We may commence." He called out to the figures at the walkway's end. Another tremor interrupted him before he could speak again, the sounds of explosion and gunfire erupted from far away. Atlas let the Force wash over the asteroid. He could feel the hatred, the fear, and the bloodlust that had suddenly flared within the hangar. It appeared their ritual would have an unexpected audience.

[member=Nulgath Zardai], [member=Aeneis Valdemar], [member=Kian Karr], [member=Kaleleon Seleare]

Objective : Find the mole
[member="Nulgath Zardai"] | [member="Aeneis Valdemar"] | [member="Atlas Kane"] | [member="Thalia Cruz"] | [member="Sage Dietrich"]| [member="Alexandrite"] \[member="Kian Karr"]

Three Officials each with their own specialty she started there afterall poodoo ran downhill right.

She pasted the best smile she knew how to give on then entered the conference room. "Hello. Shall we have a seat get started? I know I'm a little late. I apologize" She couldn't tell them why and they wouldn't ask.

Mr. Ashan nodded he was the communications officer for her section, Ms *Sam clicked her tongue* trying to make the sound of her name was the one that worked with the assignments division and then there was Oleg he was the armorer.

Each of them had played a part in setting up the exchange each of them might know something or just enough from experience to pass on information. But their records were lengthy and none of them seemed to have an opulent lifestyle. Corellia was their home and they appeared to be loyal Corellians.

"So as you know things did not go as planned. I'm sure you each have your own theory I was curious if you'd share them with me." She knew they were all friends too had all been out during the week. So either they were friends as she wanted to assume or worse they were conspiring together. Sam smiled make them comfortable, make them feel part of it, all one big family getting to the bottom of a problem.

A man can change his stars
OBJECTIVE: Confront Terrorists
GEAR: Jacket, Holster (Sidearm), Boots (Boot Knife), Left Bracer, Lodestone Devices, Standard Lightsaber.
COMPANIONS: Anon - Standard Gear
TAGS: [member="Jenica Belos"], [member="Malicar"], [member="Aeneis Valdemar"], [member="Nulgath Zardai"], [member="Alexandrite"], [member="Kian Karr"],

Speaking of the past where Rakgouls had infiltrated a ship that I had been upon, it reminding me of the vile things that people could do. Cruel actions taken by the leader of such creatures. While in the incident I had found my own way off, the others who had been searching for me came into contact with the individual who sought to create more of his creatures. Master Karr then asked if I had any questions just after asking me to pilot the ship. With a rather awkward tone I answered him.

"Not sure how I will be able to pilot when I have never flown a ship. With an operation that is this sensitive, I think someone more qualified should do so."

I was not above learning how to fly a ship, or even pilot a speeder. However, my time would come later. Or at least I hoped so. I spoke the complete truth to the Master Jedi. I had never flown a ship in my life. Most of the time I relied upon my training droid because I have not had any lessons, and I really did not want to crash something so large. The stories of what I have heard where people would crash because of a simple mistake seemed to always trump my desire to fly.

"I will do what I can with navigation. I just have never been at the helm of a ship Sir."

I hoped he didn't take that too harshly. Flying a ship required a talent I did not have. Which is why I respected anyone who were ace pilots or dogfighers. To be able to fly a ship with so many controls, and ways to mess up, then come out on top? It reminded me greatly of saber righting with my master Romi. Respect came from understanding what talent it took to reach the top of lightsaber duelists. While I am sure that Master Karr was more than capable of defending himself, Romi made fights look like a cake walk, and she always seemed to know what to do when the time called for it. With my simple understanding, I had a respect for all who carried a blade.

Not unlike those who carried keys to a ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom