Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Follow the Spirits

XabDuy3L_o.png
---

Although it had been no more than a number of months, it felt like lifetimes ago now when Kayla had left behind her previous life. Seeing the real face of war and how the parties involved stood in it left her not just questioning her allegiances, but reconsidering them completely. Leaving the place she had been calling home since birth, the only life she had known, was difficult, and even now the s'kytri was still getting adjusted to the simple freedoms and unclouded worldview she now had. Where previously she was told how to think and how to act, suddenly everything she did was by her own volition.

That freedom had led Kayla to wander the galaxy for some time, simply trying to settle into the new life she now lived. It would eventually lead her to the Confederacy, where a series of encounters had led her to join forces and aid them in their goals. That in turn brought her to Ryloth, with the destination being its library. Today she would join the ranks of the Mandragora, and truly start her next chapter.

I see what you wish to be. Allow me to guide you in that you wish to achieve.

As the s'kytri walked the surface of the planet, a voice had invaded her mind. It was not a voice of malice however, but one that was decidedly straightforward and guiding. Although she had not been told where the library was located it was like the voice, through its presence, was now leading her directly to it. As if out of instinct Kayla changed direction, coming closer and closer to the place that awaited her.

Not much later she stood before the entrance, sensing a compelling force from inside the library. Without hesitation Kayla made her way inside, unable to contain her curiosity to find out what waited inside.

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

otVTXn.jpg
Secluded area of the Ryloth Library

It is coming, the loud booming voice of Doashim reached her ears. Katrine was in the middle of the room, keeping her body in the air as she continued to concentrate, giving herself multiple tasks. Communication with the spirits no longer required her focus though, the spirits spoke her to now at their leisure and they came to her aid when she required them too. They were whispering to her, mumbling into her ear all too often. Now though, she'd heard another murmur, distant and not understandable as if the words were not meant to her all.

At that, Katrine opened her eyes suddenly, her body staggering slightly downward as she gathered her concentration. It was the realization of what she'd heard but hadn't understood, recalling a similar sensation when she'd come to see that the spirits had summoned Pebble to the book. With her sapphire gaze, the Lupine inspected her surrounding before she lowered herself to the floor, her shoes meeting the soft carpet beneath them.

"Hello?" Katrine called out, reaching out with her Sense as she did. The spirits could call far and wide, as she remembered from her own experience but the words could be palpable enough in a vicinity. With her Sense reaching out, she could sense presences though there were more than one. Of course, visits to the library all had their secrets, she'd been used to that but really, the blond was looking for one very particular. Pay closer attention, feel the Chosen, Lylek silked at her softly. In the back, her sacrification mark tingled as if he was pushing her and she stepped forward, towards the entrance to the room.

[member="Kayla Wylen"]

When the s'kytri entered the structure, the everpresent gracefulness in her step now paired with an air of caution not to disturb anything or anyone in the still-mysterious library, much like waiting to be invited into someone's home. Her wings folded further back as she always did in places like this to decrease the space they took up, although with her height and skin color it was still hard to oversee her. The sight she took in was enough to make Kayla stop and take it all in for a moment. The fact there were so many books just freely readable to anyone, something that was completely different from where she used to study. Everything was controlled, and someone who stood as low in the hierarchy as she did was allowed to study merely a fraction of what was present, but here there did not seem to be such harsh restrictions.

It was a realization she made over and over again as she came in contact with different things and places, and with every single time it happened it became more and more clear how controlled and manipulated her view had been. As Kayla learned from those experiences many things had changed, yet her core principles had not. Still she would provide medical aid to allies, for they were the warriors while she was their guardian. Still she sought for peace, but now through an iron fist she wanted to see it blossom through freedom.

"Hello?"

The woman's thoughts were interrupted by someone calling out to her from somewhere in the library, to which she immediately turned her head towards the source to find where it was coming from. "Hello," she answered in a soft tone, perhaps only barely loud enough to be heard while starting to gingerly make her way over to the woman who had noticed her presence, "I am not certain how or why, but I have been guided towards this place. My name is Kayla." Whatever or whomever it was that had brought her here was present as well. A powerful convergence of energy pulled her in, of that Kayla was certain.

Here, what you call the Force is seen from a different perspective. I can guide you to find that perspective, one that can bring the freedom you seek.

The voice that had brought her to the library spoke once more, but the answer was not one spoken with words. It was no more than a small nod, for the s'kytri believed no more was necessary. Her approach had taken her to another room, where another woman seemed to be waiting for her. "It is a pleasure to meet you," Kayla then said as she bowed her head down once again, "I do hope I am not interrupting or trespassing."

Blue skin, pretty hair, soft voice, Katrine noted as her sapphire gaze landed on the soft spoken girl who returned her greet. Now that she was looking at her, the blond was sure she had been whom she had felt a moment ago. Before she'd actually spoke again, the girl explained she wasn't certain how or why but she had been guided here. Katrine smiled just before she'd hear the name Kayla, knowing full well what it had meant. "I understand," the Lupine replied, "I'm Katrine Van-Derveld." A murmor reached her ears again and she knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that Kayla was being spoken to by one of the spirits.

"They're speaking to you," she pointed out, "It's rare that they're so coherent to someone who hasn't been taken yet." The other girl spoke of pleasure in meeting her, making the blond nod, almost expectedly at her, waiting to see if the spirits would speak again but they hadn't. They had brought her to Katrine and now she would have to lead her the rest of the way to where the journey would begin. Kayla hoped she wasn't interrupting. "Not at all. The spirits choose their children," she pointed out as she glanced back towards the Grimoire resting closed upon its stand. "That is where they've been leading to. You only have to touch it and one of the spirits will claim you." There was nothing more to be said right now. The spirits had brought her here and the book was why. Once she'd been claimed by one of them, they could begin talking about the Mandragora.

[member="Kayla Wylen"]

It did not take long for Kayla to connect the voice she had been hearing to the spirits that the woman mentioned, leaving her to contemplate not only why they had 'chosen' her, but also what it meant. Although the unknown did concern the s'kytri somewhat in this situation, in the end it was inquisitiveness that would win out when her attention was directed towards the grimoire that stood apart from all the other books that occupied the library. "I see," she quietly said with a nod, staring at the cover for a moment before finally getting herself to take the first step forward. "I suppose I was called here for a reason. I cannot ignore it."

Touch the pages, and you will see.

Light footsteps brought Kayla before the grimoire, a slight hesitation visible when she raised her hand. With another nod she built up the courage and brought her fingertips to the cover, with the palm of her hand following suit. At that moment she closed her eyes, and opened her mind to the spirit that had guided her to this place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom